Check out this awesome Pride art collab!
Pride Month may be over but that doesn’t mean support for the LGBT+ community has to stop, and this collab is a great example of continued celebration of LGBT+ Pride. The PMD Pride Project was an idea put forward by Reagentnein in which artists from the Pokémon community could draw their characters to be submitted for a series of Pride Pictures. Artists would draw their characters with Pride accessories representing their identities and then upload it to Deviantart with a transparent background. From there, Reagentnein would place them into a photo that fits their identity. To keep things concise and easier on Reagentnein, there would be five sections: Gay, Lesbian, Bi/Pan, Ace, and Trans/Non-binary. Other identities such as Demigirl or Demisexual would be sorted into one of these sections according to what they are most closely attributed. An artist could submit up to five characters for the project as a whole with a max of two per section. Characters also were required to be Pokémon which lead to some interesting reverse gijinkas appearing in the collab (more on that later). So without further ado, let’s take a look at all the finished pieces!
Like the title says, a collab for that PMD Pride project! Here are all the characters, and if you click the links, it’ll take you to the original image!
This first picture, which is also featured as the thumbnail, is the Gay section of the piece. This piece is the most populated with fourteen different characters across ten artists. On top of the characters all having some sort of pride accessory, Reagentnein also brings out the gay pride flag element through the sunset beach background which manages to include all the colors of the rainbow. Characters included are:
- Esen the Pidove from Rekindled Flame by TheGalacticDragon.
- Lysander and Jeffrey the Meowstic and Sylveon from Trails of the Past by Shadowfuka.
- Pilot and Nathan the Pidgeot and Blastoise from First Summer by Krisantyne.
- Litten by Tastymarbar.
- Mylanyt and Narama the Umbreons by Catkingdom999.
- Keaton the Chatot from PMD: On Borrowed Time by Wooled.
- Dan and Randall the Butterfree and Paras from Sunlocke by TheTRUEgge.
- Adrian the reverse gijinka Goodra from Lucky Star by Reagentnein.
- Chicory the Shaymin from The Shaymin Café by Noblejanobii/Writerraven.
- Shaun the Gallade from Icewaterdragon4eva.
PMD Pride project! Here are all the characters, and if you click the links, it’ll take you to the original image! Cashew (Buizel) by LunarCycles Hypno by ReagentNein Opal and Steven (Purrloin and Lopunny) by Kiwiflame Dielle (Meowth) by Wooled Emilia (Zubat) by shadowFuka Elloise (Luxray) by IceWaterDragon4Eva — Other collabs in this set: Gay || Bi/Pan || Trans/Nb || Ace Thank you so much to everyone who participated!
Next is the Lesbian section! This picture has seven lovely ladies taking the stage to show off their pride. The accessories in this picture are some of my favorite because I love the shirts, jackets, and more that all of the characters are wearing. They’re all very stylish! Characters included are:
- Cashew the Buizel by Lunarcycles.
- Hypno from Milos from Home by Reagentnein.
- Opal and Steven the Purrloin and reverse gijinka Lopunny from The Stars Shine Bright by Kiwiflame.
- Dielle the Meowth from PMD: On Borrowed Time by Wooled.
- Emilia the Zubat from The Lost Child by Shadowfuka.
- Elloise the Luxray from Icewaterdragon4eva.
PMD Pride project! Here are all the characters, and if you click the links, it’ll take you to the original image!
Up next is the Bi/Pan Pride section! This is one of the two condensed sections to save time on putting the project together. That said, Reagentnein does very very well to represent both identities in the background of this picture. While the floor, the bush, and the sky are definitely bi flag colors, the flowers on the bushes are actually pan flag colors! In addition, if you look closely you can actually see a little stage with the pan flag stripes on it as well. It’s a neat way to integrate both identities into the overall background to give them representation. This section is also one of the most crowded as the result of it covering multiple identities. There are thirteen characters present from ten different artists, making a wide display of different styles and skills. Characters included are:
- Jeanne the Mismagius from The Lost Child by Shadowfuka.
- Roxanne the reverse gijinka Umbreon from The Stars Shine Bright by Kiwiflame.
- Rune the Vulpix from PMD: On Borrowed Time by Wooled.
- Milo the Eevee from Milos from Home by Reagentnein.
- Nadia and Terry the Weepinbell and Flareon from First Summer by Krisantyne.
- Nagi the Treeko from PMD: Forgotten Memories by LucarioFan112.
- Fandango and Ivy the Floatzel and Vaporeon by MasalaniousChaideas
- Lucky and Brynn the Shiny Eevee and Scorbunny from Lucky’s Travels by Noblejanobii/Writerraven.
- Woody the Trumbeak from Sunlocke by TheTRUEgge.
- Esme the Espurr by Lunarcycles.
PMD Pride project! Here are all the characters, and if you click the links, it’ll take you to the original image! The Guildmaster (Wigglytuff) by Lucia and Shiki (Meowstic and Deerling) by Ember (Charizard) by Phi (Magnemite) by ReagentNein Porchoros (Toxel/Toxicitry) by Armani (Yamask) by Ira (Golem) by Ophelia (Pumpkaboo) byshadowFuka — Other collabs in this set: Gay || Lesbian || Bi/Pan || Ace Thank you so much to everyone who participated!
This next section is another combination section. Despite being one of the smaller sections at only nine members, it’s also one of the most diverse with four different gender identities represented here: Transgender, Non-binary, Genderfluid, and Demigirl! It makes for a rather colorful display of different flags, put against a very pleasing backdrop. Similar to the Bi/Pan section, this one has a background of transgender flag colors, with a bush of flowers showing off the non-binary flag colors. Both identities are also umbrella terms as well, thus allowing for the inclusion of all identities that fall under the umbrellas, like Demigirl and Genderfluid. Characters included are:
- The Guildmaster the Wigglytuff from PMD: On Borrowed Time by Wooled.
- Lucia and Shiki the Meowstic and Deerling by Lunarcycles.
- Ember the Charizard from Halfblood Nuzlocke by Ryua.
- Phi the Magnemite from Milos from Home by Reagentnein.
- Porchoros the Toxel/Toxicitry from Hidden Swords by TheGalacticDragon.
- Armani the Yamask from Ask Team Lightbringers by Noblejanobii/Writerraven.
- Ira the Golem from First Summer by Krisantyne.
- Ophelia the Pumpkaboo from Trails of the Past by Shadowfuka.
PMD Pride project! Here are all the characters, and if you click the links, it’ll take you to the original image! Spruce (Zorua) by Trib (Quilava) by Myu (Mew) by Inigo (Nidorino) by Jewel (Sableye) by Neintales (Ninetales) by ReagntNein Autumn (Turtwig) by cinderdog23 (Quilava) by Firiane (Riolu) by Marco (Riolu) by — Other collabs in this set: Gay || Lesbian || Bi/Pan || Trans/Nb Thank you so much to everyone who participated!
Last but certainly not least, the Ace pride section! Featuring purple flowers and a beautiful snowfall on a dark background, this section holds ten characters with all sorts of expressions and accessories. From bows to scarves to feathers, from shy to excited to proud, there’s a spectrum of characters and styles represented here that pops out very well against the dark background. Characters included here:
- Spruce the Zorua by Lunarcycles.
- Trib the Quilava by rainbowdirt.
- Myu the Mew from The Stars Shine Bright by Kiwiflame.
- Inigo the Nidorino from PMD: On Borrowed Time by Wooled.
- Jewel the Sableye from Halfblood Nuzlocke by Ryua.
- Neintales the Ninetales by Reagentnein.
- Autumn the Turtwig from Autumn in Sinnoh Nuzlocke by theNessiArtist.
- cinderdog23 the Quilava by cinderdog23.
- Firiane the Riolu from https://www.deviantart.com/deliderp/gallery/63213803/idonno-comic-all-pages by Deliderp.
- Marco the Riolu from PMD: Forgotten Memories by LucarioFan112.
Did you like what you saw? It’s great to see such collaborative efforts directed towards promoting the LGBT+ community. It serves as a reminder that while Pride Month may be over, we should never stop supporting the LGBT+ community and its members. And be sure to support all the artists featured here today as well. Until next time, see ya!