View RSS Feed

Slice of Life

1. The End of an Era: Former TCG Champion Gives Up the Ghost-type

"Sold" by Kentucky Fried Torchic
    (Sung to the tune of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails)

I sold my cards today
    To see how much I'd make
    A buck for five hundred
    This has to be a fake

But they are taking space
    And have seen better days
    I focus on the dough
    And sold them anyways

What have I just done
    My cardboard friends
    Every card I own
    (Well, those without a bend)
  2. Fancy New Business Cards

It only took about four months of me working at my current job for my employer to chip in to get me some nice new business cards with my current position on it. I think they look pretty good, but what do you think?

3. Jury Maguire

For the past two weeks, I have been on call to perform my civic duty of serving on a jury for my county. This is part of a long-standing legal tradition dating back centuries and I am pleased to report that it is weathering the tests of time quite well, thank you very much for asking.

Without going into too much details about the case itself, I was initially called up to potentially serve on the twelve-man jury for a criminal case going to trial, meaning that the accused and his ...
  4. This is the Beginning of the Blog

I am starting a blog here. Let me tell you why.

Last week, I stumbled upon an old friend, in a manner of speaking. During my high school years, I was captivated by the incredible webcomic "Polkout" run by the eponymous Polk Polkster, both named after one of the greatest presidents of the United States, James K. Polk. Out of all of the influences on my sense of humor and life, Polk was one of the biggest. I did not get the chance to tell him so before his website went ...

Updated 12-09-2017 at 07:46 PM by Kentucky Fried Torchic

Tags: polkout, webcomic Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Diary/Journal Entry , Rants , Slice of Life