View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. We made a movie trailer!

This is my last blog until after finals I swear. Just really proud of this and wanted to show it off.

I took a film class this past semester and our final project was to make a trailer for a film based on one of the genres we had studied. We chose comedy/drama. Unfortunately, my group was a bunch of procrastinators who don't know how to edit to save their lives so I was stuck editing this entire thing together the night before it was due. I spent six or seven hours editing and it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Semana Santa

So last week was Semana Santa, or Holy Week. Semana Santa is a huuuuuggeeee celebration in Spain, and Sevilla is no exception from the festivities. They have floats and music and special foods and more! It's a huge large scale collaboration between all the churches and brotherhoods in the city.

So first up as part of my volunteering a few weeks ago I got to help with the preparations by cleaning some of the guide lamps that would appear on the floats, or Pasos, during Semana Santa. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Recap of Ireland

It's been a few days since I got back from Ireland, so let's do this recap!

So this trip was mostly coordinated by my friend. We flew into Dublin and spent the night there before heading to Cork the next morning. In Cork on the second day we just went to a bar and partied the night away. Normally, not my cup of tea, but it was retro night and ya girl can get down to some Footloose and Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, my friends can't party at all if they're sober, so both of them got ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hacia Portugal and the Vineyard

Since Cleo posted her travel update I decided why not post another of mine. This'll be shorter since there isn't much that I've done since last time.

The major place I've visited recently is Lisbon, Portugal. I met with my dad and one of his coworkers there and it was a nice relaxing trip. My mom coordinated a bunch of places we could go to while we were visiting. We got to visit Saint George's castle, the Santa Justa Lift, several monuments, among other things. I also got offered ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Return of a Champion (Rome, Granada, and Cordoba Highlights)

So as promised here's the latest highlights from my past two trips. After this the updates might slow down since I don't think I'll be traveling as much from here on out but we'll see.

First we'll start with Rome. It was a lot of fun! I've been before but it was nearly 8 years ago at this point so it was nice to go back again, especially since I was going with a friend who had never been before. We lucked out and ended up going during European Culture week, which meant all the national ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Morocco and Carnaval Highlights

By popular demand (and by that I mean Neo requested it), I'm posting another update of my trips! I'll probably post updates every couple weeks while I'm still fairly actively traveling.

So in the last couple weeks I've traveled to Morocco and to Cadiz, Spain. Both were absolutely amazing trips and were very interesting experiences.

The first trip was Morocco, where I went on a tour that took us to three different cities. We got to barter, I bought several scarves, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. My Semester in Spain

Shoutout to Neo and Cleobel for reminding me to do this.

So I've been in Spain for roughly five weeks now. It's been a really interesting experience thus far. I'm staying with a host family that has two daughters (who are fourteen and thirteen) and have another girl who we'll called Britney as my roommate. Other than Britney, none of the family speaks English. The two daughters speak some English, and I think they know more than they're letting on, but that's probably for the best ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. When Hell freezes over!

And it has

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8756496.html

This just gave me a good chuckle. Time to cash in on all those supermodel dates y'all.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Guess who's going to SPAIN NEXT YEAR

It's Xanthe.

Nah jk it's me. I just found out this past Tuesday my study abroad got approved so from January to like April or May of next year I'll be in Spain! Specifically Seville. I might try to travel around Europe some too, we'll see. But super excited!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. WARNING: Emolga Flu on the loose

This is a Public Service Announcement.

It appears that a mutated strain of the Pika Flu has swept through many members of the moderator staff. Dubbed Emolga Flu, we are not entirely sure where it came from or what it's side effects are other than the obvious. We are currently tracking down the source of the flu's mutation and hope to locate it soon. In the mean time, avoid the contaminated mod staff as you can, and if you have any urges to fly or start sneezing electricity, contact ...

Updated 02-26-2018 at 07:35 PM by Noblejanobii

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast