View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Film Review: Character Development, Smiling Existentialism, and Pleasantville

This past weekend I had the immense pleasure of rewatching a seminal piece of cinema, Gary Ross's Pleasantville. While I rather enjoyed the film the first time I saw it, about eighteen months ago, upon this viewing, I was struck by powerful emotional and intellectual revelations, to the point where I would say that Pleasantville may be one of my greatest films of all time, joining such noted luminaries as It's a Wonderful Life, Elizabethtown, and RoboCop. Allow me to tell you some of the reasons ...
  2. since i have two tasks left i might as well do this blog

an accurate representation of last week and also this week:

Spoiler:

*replace today with last and this week

so here's an update, strikethrough'd text meaning im done:

1. some literary intertext (we plan on doing a modern twist of A Modest Proposal)

so our twist involved turning drug-dependent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. This is the Beginning of the Blog

I am starting a blog here. Let me tell you why.

Last week, I stumbled upon an old friend, in a manner of speaking. During my high school years, I was captivated by the incredible webcomic "Polkout" run by the eponymous Polk Polkster, both named after one of the greatest presidents of the United States, James K. Polk. Out of all of the influences on my sense of humor and life, Polk was one of the biggest. I did not get the chance to tell him so before his website went ...

Updated 12-09-2017 at 07:46 PM by Kentucky Fried Torchic

Tags: polkout, webcomic Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Diary/Journal Entry , Rants , Slice of Life
  4. uuuuu blog

aye whats up baybeeeee

i've been watching kamen rider
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. When you work hard but the procrastination works harder

It's my finals week and my brain decided to procrastinate by doing pretty much anything but uni work. Hence me posting stuff and even this blog lmao

The list of stuff I need to do but I don't, which are BTW mostly due next week rip:

1. some literary intertext (we plan on doing a modern twist of A Modest Proposal)

2. a 1500 word paper that compares one of the texts we discussed and a contemporary work (im thinking of Magnus Chase x Beowulf but idk i havent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Ten years with Cleo

Hello everybody! Today, my mother, my younger sister and I celebrate ten years of common life with our beloved dog Cleo (born on February 9, 2005, adopted on November 24, 2007). My PXR username comes from her name. Here is a picture of the adorable Cleo :

Spoiler:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Abra

He's a psychic type Pokemon.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. It's been a Rough Month

As some of you may have noticed, lately I've been a bit less active. I've been scrambling to get articles done and all around my posts per day is way down. There's a reason for that. Among several other things, about a month ago an incriminating document was released that condemned our Student Body vice president at my college for trespassing, theft, and sexual harassment and borderline assault. Those of you that know my college can easily read up on the situation just from googling the college's ...
    Categories
    Rants
  9. Moonlight Silver episode 104--The Afterpost

This week, Misty competes in a Power-type Pokethlon for her seventh medal, allowing Ami a chance to redeem herself after a less than stellar showing earlier.

This episode got a major rewrite thanks to Poliwhirl being cut. That said, it was very easy to turn this into a Pokethlon once I rewrote the plot and kicked Team Rocket out--cutting Delaney and making Mason one of Misty's competition.

Misty's stat list that Casey gave to her in universe is the same list on Bulbapedia--so ...
    Categories
    Pokemon , Creative Works
  10. Moonlight Silver episode 103--The Afterpost

This week, Kamon tries to crash an episode of "Oak's Pokemon Talk"--only for his charade to be unmasked!

This episode still retained its basic plot after I replaced Team Rocket with Kamon--The only major change I had to make was changing Kamon's challenge (and what Oak attempts to do at the beginning) from poetry to storytelling (to also set up for Brock earning his indigo Lore Stripe offscreen)

Instead of Kamon looking up the answers on a cheat sheet like Team ...

Updated 11-02-2017 at 02:53 AM by EmeraldSky

Categories
    Pokemon , Creative Works
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast