View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. recovery

let's talk about this whole recovery shabang. it's not fun. it's not as easy as the doctor said it was going to be. unfortunately anything that isn't crackers or water my body wants no part of. i ate one tiny bite of a cookie last night and i'm paying for it big time. yes, i know i'm supposed to take adding food back into my diet slowly, but i didn't think i'd shift from having acid reflux to bile reflux. i don't know whats worse.

one of my incisions also won't heal and it's just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Personal Issues

Hey guys, just needed to get something off my chest. The short version of this post is: Murphy's Law has invaded my home, and everything that could go wrong, either has, or is not far from doing so.

Spoiler:
    My grandpa has been fighting cancer for a long time now, and he was recovering, but he got sick and he is no longer strong enough to take treatments and the cancer has spread drastically. We discovered that at some point he had broken his back and nobody, not even he, knew and it healed
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. OH HELLO WHAT'S THIS?

I think I've come out of my social shell now? I'm not sure. Maybe tomorrow I'll decide that I want to be a recluse again. I dunno. Regular socialization both enriches my life and makes it more hectic. So it's kinda a double-edged sword. Regardless I'm glad to see everyone!

Wow, last time I updated was in '17? That's insane. Life's been going well for me, actually. For those that are curious to any major life events since that last, fateful blog post, I'll fill you in! I wanna keep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I was on a Podcast!

Hey guys!

You may know me as your friendly, neighborhood writer for PXR. The person that writes a lot for the front page that you may or may not look at as you come to PXR.

To be honest, I have always knew about the blog option. The problem is that after spending thirty minutes to hours writing for the main site, I don't really feel like writing more. Especially for "fun". The horrors!!!

That said, somebody recently told me that I could have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hacia Portugal and the Vineyard

Since Cleo posted her travel update I decided why not post another of mine. This'll be shorter since there isn't much that I've done since last time.

The major place I've visited recently is Lisbon, Portugal. I met with my dad and one of his coworkers there and it was a nice relaxing trip. My mom coordinated a bunch of places we could go to while we were visiting. We got to visit Saint George's castle, the Santa Justa Lift, several monuments, among other things. I also got offered ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Second update about my semester in Ghent

Hello everybody! Easter break has just started for me and I thought that it was time for a second update about my semester in Ghent.

All my teachers are really nice to me, which is great. One of them (the accounting teacher) even distributed dried soybeans to the students a few weeks ago, which is very kind of her. The soybeans were delicious. :D
    I would also like to say thank you to everyone who replied to the survey for my Innovation & Change class. Your answers were ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. ON THE TOPIC OF MY CAPS

HI MY FAVORITE BAND ANNOUNCED A NEW ALBUM TODAY

I'M ONLY TYPING IN CAPS TODAY TO HONOR THIS EVENT

HTTPS://THANKYOUSCIENTIST.COM/
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Nightmare Medical Journey

Boy has it been a long 5 years.

5 years ago I got diagnosed with an autoimmune disease which is no biggie at all! Everything got all sorted out nice and easy and I lived very happily for 3 out of 5 of those years! Then I transferred from a community college to a 4 years university to complete my last 2 years of college. I was fine until the beginning of Spring semester my junior year. All of a sudden I started having horrible anxiety and stomach problems and even got admitted to the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. I'm going to Melbourne soon! :D

Hello everybody! Today (March 24), my father visited me in Ghent... and we planned my trip to Melbourne! :)

My plane tickets have been booked. I will leave Brussels on July 16, arrive in Melbourne on July 17, leave Melbourne on August 1 and be back in Brussels on August 2.
    As a result, I won't be in Belgium on July 21 (which is Belgian National Day) : this is a good thing for me because I'm afraid of fireworks. I will also be in Melbourne for Gemma's birthday.
    The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Following my dream

My dream is to be in a band; a band that records albums, goes touring, and all that good stuff that comes with getting your name out there.

Recently, I think I've made good progress towards this dream. Last August, I left my band I had been with for almost two years. It was a hard choice, because I really connected with the guys and they were becoming almost family to me. The problem was that they were younger; the next oldest two were just starting college, and I was starting my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast