View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. So it's been Awhile

Man it's been some time since I last made one of these huh? Time flies I guess.

So in case a lot of you didn't really notice. Late May to about June 20th I think it was? Can't remember when exactly. I was undergoing a really, really hard time. I can't tell you how....upset I guess the word is? I'd rather not use the word depressed. Though in a way it felt that way. No matter what I did. I just...didn't feel like myself. It really shot down my activity both here on PXR, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Things aren’t great.

Hey guys, I’ve been gone for a little over a month, and as much as I’d like to come back, with how things have gone, I don’t think I’ll be back any time soon.

I took a break for finals, planning to be back shortly afterwards, but the day before my last final, we lost my grandpa. We’re still trying to get things under control, and until we can get things situated, I probably won’t be back. I’ll talk to y’all later, eventually, but for now, I’m out.

(I will probably still ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reptiles return and more.

Hi all,
    Aiming to try and be more active now uni if officially over. I move out of my uni accommodation in two weeks and I graduate in a month. How has my 3 years of uni gone so fast, wow.

So now I'm done with uni, it's all about trying to find a job, which is going very slow at the moment so I need to find something to do to keep me occupied. Probably going to try and revamp my Etsy shop and do a fair amount of gaming until I end up getting a job to fill my time. I've recently ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Eight years later...

Hello everybody! I have some great news to share with you. :D

Now that my classes in Ghent have ended (the last one happened on May 20), it's time for me to study for the exams.
    The first one is already over (it happened on May 28). The remaining ones will happen on June 4, June 6, June 13 and June 20.
    So, I have plenty of time to prepare for the exams. As a result, I don't study all day long, but I allow myself time to relax.

At the end of this month ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Detective Pikachu - A Friendly Emolga's Review (Spoiler Free!)

I'm sure you're all wondering how this Detective Pikachu movie is. Well, you're in luck, because I just saw it!

So on this lovely gray-skied Thursday afternoon, I went out to see Detective Pikachu and was looking forward to it all day. Of course once I was on line, I had the fun of trying to get my clunky phone's internet connection trying to work in order to bring up the digital ticket while at the counter. But eventually after some growling, I got it to work and it appeared! And ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Hey look ma, I made it!

It's official! I'm the first person in my immediate family to graduate from college! I just finished my last exam today and I'm graduating on the 11th when a BA in Psychology and a minor in General Business!

I have no idea what kind of job I want but I've been a research assistant for almost 3 years at my school and I'd really like to find a job as some sort of research tech. It's a lot of fun and the studies have been pretty interesting too.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. We made a movie trailer!

This is my last blog until after finals I swear. Just really proud of this and wanted to show it off.

I took a film class this past semester and our final project was to make a trailer for a film based on one of the genres we had studied. We chose comedy/drama. Unfortunately, my group was a bunch of procrastinators who don't know how to edit to save their lives so I was stuck editing this entire thing together the night before it was due. I spent six or seven hours editing and it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. My Innovation & Change class

Hello everybody! Today (April 24), during the Innovation & Change class, I had to talk about a positive change in my life, one that I am proud of. So, I took a deep breath and said something like :

"Two years ago, at the beginning of 2017, I wanted to improve my English and to make new friends. It is easier for me to make new friends online than in real life. As a result, I joined an English-speaking Pokemon forum because I love Pokemon. I didn't know anyone on that forum ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Semana Santa

So last week was Semana Santa, or Holy Week. Semana Santa is a huuuuuggeeee celebration in Spain, and Sevilla is no exception from the festivities. They have floats and music and special foods and more! It's a huge large scale collaboration between all the churches and brotherhoods in the city.

So first up as part of my volunteering a few weeks ago I got to help with the preparations by cleaning some of the guide lamps that would appear on the floats, or Pasos, during Semana Santa. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Recap of Ireland

It's been a few days since I got back from Ireland, so let's do this recap!

So this trip was mostly coordinated by my friend. We flew into Dublin and spent the night there before heading to Cork the next morning. In Cork on the second day we just went to a bar and partied the night away. Normally, not my cup of tea, but it was retro night and ya girl can get down to some Footloose and Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, my friends can't party at all if they're sober, so both of them got ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast