View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. So...

I think I might go for four more months of this season, but I'm still trying to find my first one with the other team. This will help reduce pressure on the horse and keep it moist. But I'm not sure whether to use the same book I'm reading or something else. What do you guys think I should do?

Also, I've been watching the news conference on CNN today and now I want some cactus candy. Does anyone know how much money I need? I don't want to hear the whole story about how I said Albert ...
    Categories
    Diary/Journal Entry
  2. Hey from beyond the grave.

Just kidding: nobody liked me enough to actually get me a grave.

But hey, guys! I'm still alive, despite the unannounced break again.

Since the last time I made a post about my life, which was quite a while ago, I thought I was getting stuff in order, but turns out I wasn't. Long story short and without the dull details, it's been an exhausting time. I shoulda already graduated from university, but I spent years without direction and not really doing what I wanted. ...

Updated 11-26-2018 at 08:59 AM by Fate

Categories
    Diary/Journal Entry , Misc.
  3. The End of an Era: Former TCG Champion Gives Up the Ghost-type

"Sold" by Kentucky Fried Torchic
    (Sung to the tune of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails)

I sold my cards today
    To see how much I'd make
    A buck for five hundred
    This has to be a fake

But they are taking space
    And have seen better days
    I focus on the dough
    And sold them anyways

What have I just done
    My cardboard friends
    Every card I own
    (Well, those without a bend)
  4. I'm Still Alive

Although i'm dead inside because F---ing Monikammmmmmmmmmmmmmm-

so.... er... I've been pretty much completely absent from the forums.

Wow, I just looked at the date I joined the forum. It's kinda scary that it's been five years.

I feel kinda bad that three people wished me Happy Valentines day during the event but I didn't even realize the event was happening until today because I haven't even been on the forum since Eric's event ended like a month ago. ...
  5. Jury Maguire

For the past two weeks, I have been on call to perform my civic duty of serving on a jury for my county. This is part of a long-standing legal tradition dating back centuries and I am pleased to report that it is weathering the tests of time quite well, thank you very much for asking.

Without going into too much details about the case itself, I was initially called up to potentially serve on the twelve-man jury for a criminal case going to trial, meaning that the accused and his ...
  6. Film Review: Character Development, Smiling Existentialism, and Pleasantville

This past weekend I had the immense pleasure of rewatching a seminal piece of cinema, Gary Ross's Pleasantville. While I rather enjoyed the film the first time I saw it, about eighteen months ago, upon this viewing, I was struck by powerful emotional and intellectual revelations, to the point where I would say that Pleasantville may be one of my greatest films of all time, joining such noted luminaries as It's a Wonderful Life, Elizabethtown, and RoboCop. Allow me to tell you some of the reasons ...
  7. This is the Beginning of the Blog

I am starting a blog here. Let me tell you why.

Last week, I stumbled upon an old friend, in a manner of speaking. During my high school years, I was captivated by the incredible webcomic "Polkout" run by the eponymous Polk Polkster, both named after one of the greatest presidents of the United States, James K. Polk. Out of all of the influences on my sense of humor and life, Polk was one of the biggest. I did not get the chance to tell him so before his website went ...

Updated 12-09-2017 at 07:46 PM by Kentucky Fried Torchic

Tags: polkout, webcomic Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Diary/Journal Entry , Rants , Slice of Life
  8. Flood

Hey guys, I had no idea where to post this, so I just made a blog, but I have some bad news. You may have seen the news about Hurricane Harvey, and well, turns out my house got flooded. The water reached 4 feet. We did thankfully manage to save some of our possessions, and some friends offered us a place to stay for the time being. Beyond that, though, I don't know what to do...

Well, take care, everyone.
  9. Life Update #2

Since I'm just much too lazy to type everything out. Sorry!

Just going on about recent goings-on.

Life's been kinda a big pain.
    Categories
    Diary/Journal Entry
  10. Yo, I have cookies.

Well, more like one cookie. Fight for it.

ANYWAY, hello, all. I'm back. I know a lot of you have wondered where I've been. It's simple: dead. (Not really. But now anything I say can't sound as bad.)

Mostly been caught up with other things. A lot of Final Fantasy XIV (which I'm sure two of you know /cough). Also moved to a new university and temporary home away from home. Been busy trying to do well with my studies and work past my absurdly overpowering lack of motivation ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast