View RSS Feed

Bookseeker Sylveon

Pokemon Worlds 2018

Rate this Entry
So as many of you know. I actually had the chance to go to the Pokemon World Tournament 2018 this year. I know it's been awhile since, but I just now gathered my photos together onto my computer. Not having ever been to one before. I really had my doubts about going and had certain expectations. Beyond those, my expectations...were far exceeded. I did not expect to have as much fun as I did and NOT be in the main tournament. I got to watch the main tournaments unfold and play in some of the branching matches and side events. I had to sit and wait for the opportunity to find Pikachu (I only saw Pikachu come out ONCE as opposed to Eevee coming out 3 times). Luckily I was paying attention while the finals were going on. The Pikachu picture was more important xD.

The Pokemon Center, oh boy. Now here's a tip in case you ever go to the Pokemon Worlds. Go DAY 0. Literally, go the DAY you get your badge to get in (which is the day before it starts). They sold out of most the popular items the day before the tournament even started. Some items were limited, such as the boxes and card cases (exclusive to where the tournament was being held; i.e: Nashville). The Nashville Pikachu sold out Day 1. My guess was because they didn't have limits on those.

Pokemon GO. It was HUGELY popular while I was there. Nearly everyone you saw on the street had their phone out and you could just TELL they were playing Pokemon GO xD. It was so fun! Even the Unown came out while there. So N, A, S, H, V, I, L, E were all there to catch. Even exclusive Pokestops were there. Sadly, I sat there for 3 hours one day hoping to finally get a gift from the Pokemon Worlds Pokestop and only got 1. Now, since it doesn't exist. I have a gift from an unknown Pokestop. I was hoping it'd keep the image so I could look back. So if you ever get a gift from me and it has no image and just states where it's from. Odds are it's there and I gave up on the hopes of the image showing back up.

Just the amount of people you can relate to all in one place. Man it makes you feel so much more connected. While having worked in a position at work over a year that had progressively kept me down for so long and going to that. Having a great time enjoying something I have a passion for. It felt so great to get away and enjoy that. So much so I already have plans to try and go to it again next year in Washington D.C.

If you ever have thoughts about the Pokemon Worlds and have the chance to go. My recommendation. Take it. You may have thoughts or doubts about it at first, but man it'll all be worth it.

Here's some photos I took back while on the trip (currently in-progress of adding theme):

Spoiler:
Kind of a wide view of the central areas

A lot of time and effort definitely went into these. Constructs of the Squirtle evolution line!

This is a side view of the main 3 play areas (best I could get without a large-ish crowd). Including the commentators area where they broadcast everything and commentate.

The main prizes! This is what it's all for! The trophies and card prize!

The new Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee were playable with a demo in the corner too! Too bad I didn't a video of just how bad I was at it. xD

Kazumasa Iwao, Junichi Masuda, Tsunekazu Ishihara. Didn't get to personally meet them or anything, but I got a few pictures when others weren't crowding around. Too bad the lighting wasn't that great around them for pictures. Tried, but there's only so much enhancements I can do on a picture from my phone.

Oh man...when Pikachu came out from the back? That line got insaaaaaaanely long quick. Luckily I was pretty observant and came out while most others were distracted by the Senior Finals VGC match. My mission was accomplished though! Too bad I didn't have time to be creative either since it was such a long line. Just a quick and easy shot from one of the tournament Staff.

Told Neo I would get this picture and I finally got it posted. So here it is, Neo! Awesome Emolga bean plushies!

I could post more, but I think that's a lot xD. I'll post a few more of the additional backgrounds if you guys really wanna see those. Still it was tons of fun and I'd LOVE to go back someday to another Pokemon World Championship. Maybe I'll see some of you guys at one, one day....that or you'll see me when I participate in Pokken on the stream xD. Next year I hope to participate in that event!

Submit "Pokemon Worlds 2018" to Digg Submit "Pokemon Worlds 2018" to del.icio.us Submit "Pokemon Worlds 2018" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pokemon Worlds 2018" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

@Wineblazer Celebi

Thank you for this interesting blog entry and these beautiful pictures! It looks like you had lots of fun at the Pokemon Worlds 2018. :D I particularly like the picture of Pikachu and you! :)
    And they said Pokémon was just a dead fad... eighteen years ago. XD Try again, FOOLS!

That picture with you and Pikachu is priceless and I'm glad you got the opportunity to take it! Oh, and as thanks for taking a picture of those beloved Emolga plushies, I can make a nice avatar or banner out of that banjo-playing Pikachu if you'd like. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel
    @Wineblazer Celebi

Thank you for this interesting blog entry and these beautiful pictures! It looks like you had lots of fun at the Pokemon Worlds 2018. :D I particularly like the picture of Pikachu and you! :)
    Yeah it was a lot of fun! I had never been to one before. Now, I wanna go every year! :D Pikachu being my favorite Pokémon I just HAD to get a picture with Pikachu. Even if it meant staying there for many hours waiting since they didn’t have a schedule for when they came out. Oh well, the mission was a success!

Quote Originally Posted by Victini
    And they said Pokémon was just a dead fad... eighteen years ago. XD Try again, FOOLS!

That picture with you and Pikachu is priceless and I'm glad you got the opportunity to take it! Oh, and as thanks for taking a picture of those beloved Emolga plushies, I can make a nice avatar or banner out of that banjo-playing Pikachu if you'd like. ;D
    Totally! Yes, Pikachu felt like a large harder-like balloon. So I’m glad I noticed it when they brought out the Pikachu. So I’ve got a keepsake to look back on! Ah, nah. I appreciate it, but I’ll pass. Not real big on the whole “country” themes myself. I enjoyed the event though! :D

I even have a picture of my purchases from the Pokémon Center if you guys wanna see them.
    @Wineblazer Celebi

I'm glad to hear that it was a lot of fun! Congratulations on getting a picture with Pikachu! :D I would really like to see the picture of your purchases from the Pokemon Center, please. Thank you in advance. :)
    @Cleobel @Victini

Here’s a few pictures (coulda swore I took more, but I’ll look later)

Spoiler:

The Pokeball and pin here are from playing the Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee demo. It was fun! :D

@Wineblazer Celebi

Thank you for posting the pictures! Your purchases look awesome! :D
    This looks so awesome!! I was hit with similar feelings at my first Pokemon event. After not knowing anyone in real life who liked Pokemon for years, it was really nice to be around fellow fans!

Great photos!! And I love that cute pika plush!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel
    @Wineblazer Celebi

Thank you for posting the pictures! Your purchases look awesome! :D
    It’s funny. I expected to go there spending way more than I actually did. It was still really nice! You’re welcome! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    This looks so awesome!! I was hit with similar feelings at my first Pokemon event. After not knowing anyone in real life who liked Pokemon for years, it was really nice to be around fellow fans!

Great photos!! And I love that cute pika plush!
    I have a few friends and a few co-workers that do, but that’s about it. To see so many people around that were there for the same event? It was so nice! When you feel out of place it’s awkward, but when you’re in a place where everyone else enjoys the same thing and are there for exactly what you are? It’s never ending fun....until it’s over. I can’t tell you how bad it felt to leave. It sucks when you have to leave something you enjoy because it’s over.

Regardless whether I like country things or not. I had to have the exclusive Pikachu plush :D I loved everything about the trip. It may have cost me about $2000, but it was worth every penny. ^^