View RSS Feed

Cleobel

Guess who's going to GHENT NEXT YEAR

Rate this Entry
It's me! :D

Hello everybody! As you may already know, I am currently a third year student in accounting. My college is located in Brussels (Belgium) and each of my parents has a house near Brussels.
In my college, during the second part (February-June) of the third year, there are two possibilities : either doing an internship, a final project and a portfolio, or doing an academic exchange in a partner institution of the college.
When I found out about these two possibilities, I was wondering which one would be the least stressful for me. So, I visited the websites of the Belgian partner institutions of my college. On the website of a college located in Ghent (Belgium), I noticed an "international semester programme" taught in English that looked interesting to me.
At the beginning of September, I went to the open day of that college. I asked a lot of questions and I got answers to my questions, which confirmed my interest in that international semester programme and that college. Soon after that, I applied for an academic exchange.
At the end of October, I received an answer to my application : I had just been selected for the academic exchange! Therefore, I started looking for an apartment to rent near the college I am going to study at.
Today (December 10), I finally found an apartment! I visited it last Saturday (December 8), but I was not the only person interested in renting the apartment, so I was not sure if I was going to get it. I am so glad I got it!

That's why I will stay in Ghent from February 2019 until June 2019.
Ghent and Brussels are not that far from each other, so I will still be able to visit my family during the weekends and school holidays.
I will not have any roommate, and this is the first time I won't have to share a place with other people.

I only have one friend in my current college. Of course, I will miss him when I go to Ghent. However, I would also miss him if I did an internship instead of the academic exchange. I hope we will be able to see each other during the weekends and school holidays sometimes.
Of course, I would love to make new friends in Ghent. However, making new friends is difficult for me, especially outside of the Internet. It won't be a problem for me if I can't make new friends in Ghent, because I have online friends (such as PXR members) and I can send emails to my current IRL friends : so, I won't be lonely.
Finally, I hope that my academic exchange in Ghent will be an interesting and enriching experience.

Here are some pictures of the apartment I am going to rent :

Thanks for reading! :)

Submit "Guess who's going to GHENT NEXT YEAR" to Digg Submit "Guess who's going to GHENT NEXT YEAR" to del.icio.us Submit "Guess who's going to GHENT NEXT YEAR" to StumbleUpon Submit "Guess who's going to GHENT NEXT YEAR" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds exciting! And that apartment looks really nice.
    Heey congratz! Also, thats a daym nice house..err apartment
    @Scytherwolf @Amewsing

Thank you very much for your comments! :)
    Congratulations on being accepted into the program and finding such a nice apartment! It looks very homey! I'm sure you'll have a great time in Ghent! It sounds very exciting! :)
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Thank you very much for your comment! :)
    CONGRATULATIONS VAL!!!!! That sounds amazing and I'm so happy for you! :D It'll be such an awesome experience I'm sure. How exciting that you get the place to yourself as well! Though I hope you're okay by yourself. <3 It can be scary.

On a side-note I have that exact rainbow flag hanging up in my room! :D I love it!
    @Suicune's Fire Thank you very much for your comment! :) I also hope I will be okay by myself.
    Yay for rainbow flags! :D I hope that it will still be in the apartment when I start living there (I know that the furniture will stay in the apartment).
    I say we make this the most commented on blog post, purely talking about the shelves in those pictures...i think that is shelves. I could be wrong here
    @N7 Thank you very much! Which shelves are you talking about?
    I honestly don't know. I am positive i saw shelves, maybe i was high i have no clue. Or they just disappeared out of the picture
    @N7 Okay, no problem.