View RSS Feed

Noblejanobii

Morocco and Carnaval Highlights

Rate this Entry
By popular demand (and by that I mean Neo requested it), I'm posting another update of my trips! I'll probably post updates every couple weeks while I'm still fairly actively traveling.

So in the last couple weeks I've traveled to Morocco and to Cadiz, Spain. Both were absolutely amazing trips and were very interesting experiences.

The first trip was Morocco, where I went on a tour that took us to three different cities. We got to barter, I bought several scarves, and we got to see the point where the Atlantic Ocean turns into the Mediterranean Sea. I also got to ride a camel, pet a baby donkey (they're so soft), and get a henna tattoo. All upsides. Major downsides included no internet access pretty much the entire time due to a lack of cell service and crap wifi. Also I got majorly seasick on the ferry from Spain to Morocco. Either way, the views were AMAZING. Morocco is overall just very pretty both in architecture and in nature. Overall an amazing experience. Some pic highlights below.

Spoiler:

Next up was Cadiz, Spain, aka the hot spot for Carnaval. For those that don't know what that is, Carnaval is a week long celebration that kicks off before the Lent season starts. Most popular in predominantly Catholic countries (notably Brazil, Italy, and Spain), people wear masks, dress up in costumes, eat a ton of fatty foods, and drink a lot of alcohol. It's a week long party essentially before we have to give stuff up for Lent. It's not really a thing in America, with most places celebrating Marti Gras at max, so I was really excited to go somewhere for this celebration where it is a huge thing. Cadiz is also specifically well known for having huge concerts too since that's where Carnaval's origins lie in this particular city. So I went with a couple friends, we bought our masks/costumes there for cheap, and set out on a night of fun. It was awesome, to say the least. Lots of good music, good alcohol, and just all around good times. Here's some highlights.

Spoiler:

Anyway that's all for now. I'm headed to Rome tomorrow and Cordoba and Granada the weekend after so I'll update you guys again after those trips.

Submit "Morocco and Carnaval Highlights" to Digg Submit "Morocco and Carnaval Highlights" to del.icio.us Submit "Morocco and Carnaval Highlights" to StumbleUpon Submit "Morocco and Carnaval Highlights" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

@Noblejanobii Thank you for posting this update and these pictures! It looks like you had a blast during your trips, which is great. Enjoy your next trips! :D
    Daaang, it looks like you're having the thrill of a lifetime there! I think it's awesome you're seeing amazing new things and trying whatever you can!

And those are great pictures! Love the camel one! :3

Thanks for sharing these and I hope you continue to have a great time over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga
    Daaang, it looks like you're having the thrill of a lifetime there! I think it's awesome you're seeing amazing new things and trying whatever you can!

And those are great pictures! Love the camel one! :3

Thanks for sharing these and I hope you continue to have a great time over there!
    It's been amazing even with the stressful amounts of homework and grades. But that is a story for another day.

You'll be getting more shortly! I plan to post the Rome and Cordoba/Granada pics in another blog within the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel
    @Noblejanobii Thank you for posting this update and these pictures! It looks like you had a blast during your trips, which is great. Enjoy your next trips! :D
    Thank you! It was a blast!