View RSS Feed

AWA1997

Personal Issues

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, just needed to get something off my chest. The short version of this post is: Murphy's Law has invaded my home, and everything that could go wrong, either has, or is not far from doing so.

Spoiler:
My grandpa has been fighting cancer for a long time now, and he was recovering, but he got sick and he is no longer strong enough to take treatments and the cancer has spread drastically. We discovered that at some point he had broken his back and nobody, not even he, knew and it healed wrong, which, when it caught up to him, led to him having trouble walking. Over spring break about 3 weeks ago, he fell and broke his hip, which is when we discovered the break in his back and how bad the cancer spread. His heart is only working at 20% and at one point he had a respiratory failure, so he is on oxygen constantly, and they say he will never walk again. Because of all of this, he is now in a nursing home and my family is in a bad spot financially as my mom cannot get a job and has yet to get disability, my dad is no longer in the house, my sister is too young, and I was planning on going home for summer and graduating college in fall at the main campus, which means I don't have enough time in one location to get a stable job. I'm stressing out pretty bad right now. I live by the idea that things will always work out eventually, and it hasn't failed me yet, but I'm not sure how long we have before things get worse, and we can't handle much more. We may even lose the house and one or both of our cars if we can't figure something out.

Submit "Personal Issues" to Digg Submit "Personal Issues" to del.icio.us Submit "Personal Issues" to StumbleUpon Submit "Personal Issues" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey, I can't find the right words to express how badly I feel all this is happening to you, but I do hope things get better for you soon. Sick / terminal family members and friends are never easy. Things will get better as long as you keep your head up, keep trying to make the most out of your life experiences and learn as much as you can from all the rough patches in your life. It worked for me, so I can only hope it will work for you. <3
    AWA that sounds really, really awful. D: I'm so sorry to hear that it's happening. That's really, really hard. I hope things do fall into place for you. Until then, we're here to listen. <3
    Holy crap, dude, that's way too much for anyone to deal with all at once.

You've got to stay strong and persevere. You know the rest of your family wouldn't want you to give up either. Stay close to them, help them, protect them, and comfort them every step of the way. <3
    This is awful. I really hope things improve for you in some way. Stay strong.
    I'm so sorry your grandpa isn't doing well and you also have to worry about financial issues. It must be so stressful. I hope things improve soon!
    That is truly awful, Awa. I'm so sorry to hear all of this is happening so close together. No one deserves to be put through so much hurt. Struggles are real in every day society. I just wish we didn't have to suffer through them.

It may sound stupidly cliche, but hold onto hope. It may seem tough, but when you need it most. Family and friends will always be here for you. Cherish them and everything and everyone you treasure most. Keep those memories forever in your heart and never let go. Sometimes things work out for the better, so hold onto the hope that everything will alright. If ever you need someone to talk to. Even if it's to vent. We are here for you, Awa. Stay strong!
    Seems like there are a lot of people sending you hope, but if you're all in serious danger of being homeless and need some short term help, hit me up. Being homeless is a scary thing. I will do my best to help.
    Thanks for all the support. As it stands, two of my mom’s brothers are trying to help out as best they can, but they are both out of state, with one only an hour and a half away and the other half the country away. I also may be able to work at Wal-Mart and work at the one in the college town while technically employed in my hometown. Those are the things I see going right at the moment.