View RSS Feed

Noblejanobii

Recap of Ireland

Rate this Entry
It's been a few days since I got back from Ireland, so let's do this recap!

So this trip was mostly coordinated by my friend. We flew into Dublin and spent the night there before heading to Cork the next morning. In Cork on the second day we just went to a bar and partied the night away. Normally, not my cup of tea, but it was retro night and ya girl can get down to some Footloose and Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, my friends can't party at all if they're sober, so both of them got absolutely wasted and couldn't remember how to get home. I helped them get home that night and made sure they were ready to go the next day.

True to form, it was pouring the next two days. It had rained a little the day before but not as much. And since it was around 30 degrees, I caught a cold I'm still trying to work over. Not to say we didn't have fun though. Got to see Blarney Castle and the Blackstone castle observatory as well. They also had some awesome Chinese food near Blarney castle. And I got a keychain with my family crest on it! Never did find anything with Sloane on it (supposedly a common Irish name), but I'll take what I can get.

We had plans the morning we were supposed to head back to Dublin, but it was pouring so badly, that we just spent the whole day in a tea shop until it was time to catch our bus. Unfortunately for me, I left my Mona Lisa umbrella in our taxi. I'm hoping to order another one online but that was rather upsetting. Still, Dublin was great. We went to Trinity College, found one of the Ulysses locations (location #3, Sweny's pharmacy, in case you're wondering), saw Oscar Wilde's house and statue, and then got a drink at Temple Bar. I also got an Arcanine toy from a Burger King because I'm definitely a child. Then the next day, we went and saw some of the state apartments before catching our flights home. All in all a fun trip.

Spoiler:

Submit "Recap of Ireland" to Digg Submit "Recap of Ireland" to del.icio.us Submit "Recap of Ireland" to StumbleUpon Submit "Recap of Ireland" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

@Noblejanobii Thank you for the update and the beautiful pictures! I'm glad to hear that it was a fun trip.
    "And since it was around 30 degrees, I caught a cold I'm still trying to work over." => Do you mean 30 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? I'm sorry to hear that you caught a cold, though. I hope you will get well soon.
    I'm also sorry to hear that you forgot your umbrella in the taxi. I hope you will be able to order another one online.
    Do you have a picture of the Arcanine toy?

By the way, I have some more questions for you.
    Firstly, when are you going back to the US?
    Secondly, do you still plan to travel before you go back to the US?
    Thirdly, in your opinion, which European country/city that you have visited has the best toilets? I am very curious about your reply to this question because of my passion for bathroom jokes and toilet humour.

Thank you in advance for your reply, and good luck with your exams!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel
    @Noblejanobii Thank you for the update and the beautiful pictures! I'm glad to hear that it was a fun trip.
    "And since it was around 30 degrees, I caught a cold I'm still trying to work over." => Do you mean 30 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? I'm sorry to hear that you caught a cold, though. I hope you will get well soon.
    I'm also sorry to hear that you forgot your umbrella in the taxi. I hope you will be able to order another one online.
    Do you have a picture of the Arcanine toy?

By the way, I have some more questions for you.
    Firstly, when are you going back to the US?
    Secondly, do you still plan to travel before you go back to the US?
    Thirdly, in your opinion, which European country/city that you have visited has the best toilets? I am very curious about your reply to this question because of my passion for bathroom jokes and toilet humour.

Thank you in advance for your reply, and good luck with your exams!
    30 degrees Fahrenheit. So 0 degrees Celsius. And the high speed winds in the area didn't make it feel any warmer.

And yes I do! If I push its tail down it shoots the fire shaped projectile from its mouth.
    Spoiler:

To answer your other questions:
    1) May 11th is when I fly back.
    2) I will go on one more trip to Germany and Switzerland with my parents when they come to visit in about two weeks.
    3) Hmmm they were all pretty nice to be honest. The major downside with Ireland was you had to pay for their toilets but I'd say the overall quality was the same. Except Cadiz but those were portajohns so I don't think you can really compare them to normal toilets.
    @Noblejanobii Thank you for your quick reply! Your Arcanine toy is very cute. I'm glad to hear that you got to use plenty of nice toilets in Europe. I hope you will enjoy your trip to Germany and Switzerland, and your remaining time in Europe. :)
    Once again a nice update with some awesome pictures!

Wasn't there a saying of something at Blarney Castle? I guess that weirdly positioned picture of you is you kissing the Blarney Stone? So question is...did it work? xD I'm kinda curious about that one.

Personally I've never been to a huge party or dance thing like that. So I can't say whether I can or can't get down with it. I've never taken that leap yet. Maybe when I get a gf I'll have better luck there xD. Great you were there for you friends when they got totally wasted. It's nice to have fun like that, but even better to have a friend you can count on to be there for you like that.

Cold and rainy must have been tough. I'm surprised it didn't snow at those temps or even sleet. To walk/run through that all day though and get a cold from it is even worse. Until it warms up it's like it just won't heal.

Aww, that's awful, Noble. Sorry to hear that umbrella got left behind. Too bad. Hopefully you can get another easier and it won't be too costly. Oh and I don't blame you for getting that toy xD. With that Detective Pikachu promotion they're having I'd love to get the Pikachu one...but I can't pass up my usual meal when I go there haha.

Still sounds like you had a fun trip! Glad to see it's all going so well!
    Wow, those castle pictures are awesome! I love that you got an arcanine toy (I would have too!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster
    Once again a nice update with some awesome pictures!

Wasn't there a saying of something at Blarney Castle? I guess that weirdly positioned picture of you is you kissing the Blarney Stone? So question is...did it work? xD I'm kinda curious about that one.

Personally I've never been to a huge party or dance thing like that. So I can't say whether I can or can't get down with it. I've never taken that leap yet. Maybe when I get a gf I'll have better luck there xD. Great you were there for you friends when they got totally wasted. It's nice to have fun like that, but even better to have a friend you can count on to be there for you like that.

Cold and rainy must have been tough. I'm surprised it didn't snow at those temps or even sleet. To walk/run through that all day though and get a cold from it is even worse. Until it warms up it's like it just won't heal.

Aww, that's awful, Noble. Sorry to hear that umbrella got left behind. Too bad. Hopefully you can get another easier and it won't be too costly. Oh and I don't blame you for getting that toy xD. With that Detective Pikachu promotion they're having I'd love to get the Pikachu one...but I can't pass up my usual meal when I go there haha.

Still sounds like you had a fun trip! Glad to see it's all going so well!
    There is! Supposedly if you kiss the blarney stone it's good luck. Unfortunately, I was actually too short to reach the stone itself. But they say you at least get some good luck for trying. So hopefully that'll carry over into exams.

Yeah idk how it didn't but it sure was cold and I sure am still sick from it. XD

Actually you can just straight up buy the toys! I learned this from McDonalds a while back. Just ask if you can buy the toy. It's usually like less than $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf
    Wow, those castle pictures are awesome! I love that you got an arcanine toy (I would have too!).
    If I wasn't sick I'd definitely be scoping out the Burger Kings in my area for more toys but maybe later. XD
    You always take such awesome and fun pictures! And you totally have a photogenic smile. :3

Sorry to hear you lost your umbrella, though. I lost some souvenir keychains in Paris because I left them on a restaurant dinner table and by the time I realized it, we were already too far away. Happens to the best of us...

As always, thanks for sharing your stories!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga
    You always take such awesome and fun pictures! And you totally have a photogenic smile. :3

Sorry to hear you lost your umbrella, though. I lost some souvenir keychains in Paris because I left them on a restaurant dinner table and by the time I realized it, we were already too far away. Happens to the best of us...

As always, thanks for sharing your stories!
    Haha thank you, Neo.

Yeah I actually think I'll be able to find it for cheaper online but we'll see.

No problem! Expect to see one about Semana Santa soon.