View RSS Feed

Coru's Void Blog

Reptiles return and more.

Rate this Entry
Hi all,
Aiming to try and be more active now uni if officially over. I move out of my uni accommodation in two weeks and I graduate in a month. How has my 3 years of uni gone so fast, wow.

So now I'm done with uni, it's all about trying to find a job, which is going very slow at the moment so I need to find something to do to keep me occupied. Probably going to try and revamp my Etsy shop and do a fair amount of gaming until I end up getting a job to fill my time. I've recently started playing the sims again and just downloaded some pokemon games to do some randomizer games. I saw some poketubers do it on YouTube and it seemed fascinating so I've got Platinum, HG, White and White 2 at the moment that I can randomize. Just as something to keep me active, would you guys be interested if I start a series for the pokemon randomizers that I do? If so, where would you suggest I do it? On blogs or set up a thread somewhere in the forum?

Anyway, onto the topic that I named this blog about. Some of you know I'm a little obsessed with reptiles. Since being on here for the last few years, I've had two lizards that have both ended up dying at some point, Spike went three years ago (I can't believe that it was that long ago) and it's getting close to a year since Oakie died, and because of uni keeping me busy, I was never bothered by it because it could keep my mind off it and stopped me from focussing on it, but now uni is over and I am back home, i'm starting to feel the emptiness without them. For the past 6 or so years, I've always had a pet, whether it be Spike alone, both my lizards or just Oakie and now I've got none, so I really want another pet just so I can have a bit of company and something to look after again.

When I was 10, I got my first pet, a corn snake, I never named it because I didn't know it's gender so we just referred to it as Snakey. Just before she died we found out she was female as she laid some eggs but she was ill when she did that so the exhaustion killed her. When she died I didn't want to get another snake, it just felt too much like I was replacing her, but now almost 8 years later I find myself wanting another snake. A Brazilian Rainbow Boa to be exact.
I've bought him and he is going to get here on Thursday. Meet Bo.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38545424-262-640x480.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	1823
He is 3 months old, 15 inches so far and looks so cute and amazing.
Will do an update when I have him and give better pictures. But rainbow boas are stunning. Along with their beautiful colours, their scales are reflective so when light shines on them, they have a rainbow like sheen similar to how oil does when light shines on it.

On other news, I got my final uni results back today, I am graduating with a 2:1 and I also have an interview request come in today for a graphic design job. So today has been so so amazing.

Submit "Reptiles return and more." to Digg Submit "Reptiles return and more." to del.icio.us Submit "Reptiles return and more." to StumbleUpon Submit "Reptiles return and more." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

@Coru Congratulations on your graduation! And good luck with finding a job.
    Enjoy your gaming! :) I would like to read about your Pokemon adventures, but I'm not sure where you should post about them.
    Bo looks impressive! I look forward to seeing more pictures of him. :o
    OH MY GOD HIS EYE! XD Aww he's so cute. Ahahahaha. The eye though!

Yes, do a pokemon randomiser series! Dooo iiittt!

Wow, three years ago for Spike? Geez, I did not realise it was already three years! Coru I'm so happy for you about getting Bo! :D How exciting! He's absolutely adorable. The eye. xD Such a cool pattern as well. I know I would be lost without my kitty, so I understand an emptiness. </3 So awesome you've got Bo now though.

Also, congratulations on your uni stuff! :D I have no idea what 2:1 means but you seem happy so yay! :D Best of luck with everything. <3 Thanks for the update!
    @Cleobel Thank you!!! I think i'll do them as blog posts so it's easy to organise. I'll start it over the next few days I think. He arrived earlier today!! There are some photos below.
    @Suicune's Fire He's such a cutie isn't he! Watch out for the pokemon series, I'll do it some time next week I think. :D
    I know, it's been so long, I can't believe it, I really want another bearded dragon but a snake was next on my list. haha.
    HE GOT HERE!! He's so pretty, I can't believe how pretty he is and in the pictures you can slightly see his rainbow sheen. It's got a purply tint. He's small now but he will soon be 6 foot so he will be a long boi haha. Thank you!! A The top grade at university is a 1st and then it is a 2:1, so a 2:1 is basically a B or something like that. I wanted a first but a 2:1 is still really good so I'm super pleased.

Now, time for some pics. I can't handle him at the moment as he has to settle into his cage first so I don't have many amazing ones, as soon as I can hold him I will get better close ups. (sorry if they appear weird in the spoiler, they are huge images lol. If you click they should open to the full image)
    Spoiler:

@Coru Thank you for posting these beautiful pictures! :) I'm glad to hear that Bo has already arrived.
    HE IS A CUTIE! I LOVE THE PHOTOS!!!!!!! I just love how his eyes bulge off the side of his head. XD They so big! I love him!!! And woowww, 6 feet. That's pretty big.
    Oh, beauty! Great job! :D That's an awesome result!

When you start a thread for the randomiser series, be sure to @ me!