View RSS Feed

Cleobel

Melbourne travel journal - Part 2

Rate this Entry
Hello everybody! Here is the second part of my travel journal :

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate almond yoghurt, some bread and an apple. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while and I got ready to go to Xanthe’s house.

I left the apartment at 10:30 AM and walked to Flinders Station. On the way to go there, I stopped at a Subway and bought a sandwich there. As it was loud in the station, I used my noise-reducing earplugs. I also exchanged text messages with Xanthe while waiting for the train. After I got on the train, I kept exchanging text messages with her. She sent me a list of the train stations, which was very useful. As for the train itself, it is very different from Belgian trains : however, it reminds me of the subway in Brussels, but cleaner and above the ground.

I met up with Xanthe soon after I got off the train. It was almost noon and I was very happy to see her. I was both excited about spending the day with her and stressed because I had just taken an Australian train alone for the first time. Then, we walked to her house.

When we arrived there, she showed me her cat Misty and her three silkie chickens. They are all very funny. Xanthe also showed me her Pokemon games, unsuccessfully tried to teach me how to whistle and started preparing for a Chikorita shiny hunt. In the meantime, we enjoyed making animal noises, such as chirping and meowing : perhaps we were saying swear words in animal languages?

Then, we had lunch. I ate the Subway sandwich and a banana. They were both delicious. I also drank tap water from Xanthe’s house : it tastes weird, but it’s not bad. Finally, Xanthe made me try Vegemite and peanut butter (both on a slice of bread with vegan margarine). Vegemite is very salty and savoury, peanut butter is thick in the mouth… and I really like both of these spreads, even though I’m not Australian.

After having lunch, I went to the toilet. Then, Xanthe lent me some blankets because I was feeling cold. I enjoyed being a "blanket queen".

As for Chikorita, Xanthe decided to shiny hunt it using the Masuda method in a gen 4 game (Pokemon Soulsilver). In that game, she has a male Meganium, a Ditto and a foreign male Venusaur. So, she put Meganium and Ditto in the Day Care in order to get a female Chikorita, and then she was going to put that Chikorita in the Day Care with the foreign Venusaur. As for me, I was going to shiny hunt Combee, of course.

When Xanthe was ready to start looking for a female Chikorita, she started the Lucario Pokemon movie on TV. Unfortunately, there were no subtitles, so she quickly stopped the movie and we did other things while shiny hunting (for me) and looking for a female Chikorita (for her) : we talked to each other and I also sang two French Pokemon songs (the French version of "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was…" and the French version of "Oh oh-oh-oh oh-oh, I’m undefeatable…").

Every time a male Chikorita hatched from an egg in Xanthe’s game, she named him Bogan, followed by a number. That was hilarious because she got so many bogans in her game. Eventually, when she found a female Chikorita, she named her Boganette. Then, she started the Masuda method shiny hunt by withdrawing Meganium and Ditto from the Day Care and putting Boganette and the foreign Venusaur in the Day Care. Every time a Chikorita hatched from an egg, she named it Bogan or Boganette (followed by a number) depending on its gender, which was very funny.

Later in the afternoon, my fantastic Flareon friend and I listened to a song from AsapSCIENCE called "Breathin’". She didn’t know the song before and she enjoyed it. Then, she decided to shiny hunt Venipede in Pokemon X (with the Masuda method and the Shiny Charm) while shiny hunting Chikorita in Pokemon Soulsilver. But first, she hatched a Bagon egg in Pokemon X. That made us laugh because Bagon sounds very similar to bogan.

As Xanthe had just started shiny hunting Venipede (after finding the best parents in her PC), she decided to hatch the 5 year old eggs she had in her PC first… and a shiny Venipede hatched from one of them! She doesn’t have the best nature and IVs, but she does have her hidden ability. We were both very surprised to see this shiny and I congratulated my fantastic Flareon friend. Then, she hatched the remaining eggs and there was no other shiny. So, she focused on the Chikorita hunt. I hope that Xanthe will be more organised in the future instead of leaving eggs unhatched for 5 years.

Afterwards, we kept shiny hunting while talking to each other, we hugged, we watched a video about deep breathing methods, we looked at train times and we had fun with Siri on the iPhone. Among other things, I asked Siri if she is a bogan and Xanthe told her that she is a bogan. I also asked Siri a question about shinies and she understood "Chinese", which was hilarious.

At the end of the afternoon, I went to the toilet again. Then, Xanthe and I walked to the train station and she stayed with me until the train arrived, which I really appreciated. She thanked me for coming to her house and I thanked her for inviting me. I had just had another wonderful day with her.

When I got on the train, she sent me a list of the train stations, which was very nice of her. After I got off the train at Flinders Station, I ordered a vegan burger at Lord of the Fries. I had to wait 15 minutes for it to be ready. There was loud music and I was wondering how long I would last before going into sensory overload. I sent a text message to Xanthe about that.

When my burger was ready, I had already gone into sensory overload. I got out of Flinders Station and started walking back to my Airbnb, but I was feeling horrible and breathing was painful. So, I sat down on a bench. Fortunately, Xanthe answered my text message and helped me when I really needed her help : she told me to breathe calmly and deeply, to think of a word that calms me (like bogan) and to imagine a calm forest, because that’s where we were going to go on the following day. I managed to calm down a little bit thanks to her. I am very thankful to have such a thoughtful friend.

When I was finally back to my Airbnb, I felt much better. Then, I had dinner. I ate the Lord of the Fries burger, as well as an apple. It was delicious.

In the evening, Xanthe and I exchanged some text messages about Redwood Forest, where we would go on the following day with Jacob and Gemma. I was going to take the train again and to meet Xanthe at the station closest to her place. Xanthe sent me the train route again, which was very useful. Finally, I wrote about my day before going to bed.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread and an apple. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while and I got ready to take the train.

I walked to Flinders Station and got a text message from Xanthe while waiting for the train. She told me that Gemma couldn’t come, which was bad news, but I was still going to have fun with Xanthe and Jacob in the forest.

After I got on the train, I kept exchanging text messages with Xanthe until I had a panic attack : there was a guy on the train who did weird things and used a lighter. I was terrified because of my fear of fire.

When I got off the train, my panic attack got even worse because I couldn’t touch off with my Myki. Fortunately, Xanthe was already at the station, she heard me trying to touch off and she managed to touch off for me. That was very kind of her and it was good to see her. Of course, she noticed that I was having a panic attack. Therefore, we took a few deep breaths together. Once I was feeling a bit calmer, I told my fantastic Flareon friend about the weird guy on the train. She was sorry to hear that I met him and she said that he was definitely a bogan. I am very thankful to have such a supportive friend.

Then, we walked to her house. Xanthe told me that she had started shiny hunting Tyrunt in Pokemon X with the Masuda method and Shiny Charm. I was glad to hear that. Afterwards, she got ready for the day, while I tried a few jackets because Xanthe and her mother had decided to lend me an extra jacket for the day, which was very nice of them.

Soon after I chose my favourite jacket and Xanthe was ready, Jacob arrived. It was good to see him too. Then, we got into his car in order to go to Redwood Forest. On the way to go there, Xanthe told Jacob about the bogan Chikoritas and we stopped in order to buy some food. Xanthe and I went to Subway and she ordered a sandwich for me, which I really appreciated. She didn’t order anything for herself, though. As for Jacob, he purchased food somewhere else and he ate it immediately after buying it.

When we reached Redwood Forest, I was impressed by the huge trees. As we started exploring the forest, we noticed some strange "nests" on the ground. Perhaps they were bogan nests? The forest was very peaceful and we saw some birds there. Xanthe and I chirped at them. She is better than me at chirping, though.

Then, we went back to the car, so that I could have lunch. I ate the Subway sandwich, as well as a banana. I really enjoyed my food.

Afterwards, we went back into the forest. Xanthe and I did some deep breathing exercises, while Jacob was not interested in that activity. Breathing deeply and slowly in the forest was very peaceful at first, but we had to stop doing that when loud people (and children) arrived. Xanthe said that they were… bogans, of course! I love doing deep breathing exercises with my fantastic Flareon friend because she is a relaxing person with a very soothing voice.

After the deep breaths, we got back into Jacob’s car and we went to a nearby mountain. The top of the mountain was peaceful and beautiful, but it was really cold there. As a result, we didn’t spend much time there.

Then, we got back into Jacob’s car and we stopped at a public toilet close to the top of the mountain, because Xanthe and I had to go to the toilet. The women’s toilets were not convenient : there was a cardboard box in one toilet, while the other one had been locked from the inside and the floor was dirty. So, we went to the men’s toilets : as one of them was usable, Xanthe used it. It was still gross, though, so I decided to wait for a better toilet instead of using it.

Afterwards, we went back to Xanthe’s house. On the way to go there, my friends tested my knowledge of Aussie slang and I enjoyed saying "Chuck a U-ey, mate!" and "She’ll be right!" with an Australian (bogan) accent. We also listened to the Smoko song. Then, Xanthe slept and I was half asleep. When we arrived at her house, she and I got out of the car, we thanked Jacob for the trip and he had to go.

At Xanthe’s house, I gave back the jacket. Then, my fantastic Flareon friend and I talked about Flinders Station, my sensory overload of the previous day and how to avoid that situation in the future. She offered to order food for me through Uber Eats, so I wouldn’t have to go to overwhelming places, which was very thoughtful of her. I also went to the toilet at Xanthe’s house.

Afterwards, we read something online about how to avoid waking up with panic attacks (a frequent issue for me) and how to stop panic attacks once they are there. It was very nice of Xanthe to search for this on the Internet and I was hoping that it would be useful.

While I was at Xanthe’s place, we also spent time with Misty. Then, my fantastic Flareon friend showed me a few frogs. They are very funny. Finally, Xanthe showed me her plushies and lent me a fluffy Flareon plush to (hopefully) help me sleep better, which I really appreciated.

Afterwards, it was time to go back to my Airbnb. Xanthe and I walked to the train station and she stayed with me until the train arrived, which I really appreciated. I thanked her for everything. I had another fantastic day with her and Jacob.

In the train, I had another text message conversation with my fantastic Flareon friend. When I arrived at my Airbnb, I had dinner. I ate black beans, tomatoes, baby cucumbers, bread, almonds and a banana. It was delicious.

In the evening, I shiny hunted Combee again, I exchanged text messages with Xanthe again and I wrote about my day before going to bed. My fantastic Flareon friend sent me a long text message about how to relax before going to bed, which was very thoughtful of her. I am so thankful for her help.

Friday, July 26, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread and a banana. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while and I saved Xanthe’s message about how to relax before bed on my laptop, because it was very detailed and useful.

Later in the morning, I went to Queen Victoria Market. There were plenty of people buying and selling dead animals (i.e. meat and fish), which was very loud and smelled horrible (in addition to being very disrespectful towards animals). I walked through that part of the market as quickly as possible.

When I reached the fruits and vegetables section, I felt better. It was still loud, but there was no gross smell. I felt even better when I arrived in the non-food sections because they were a lot less loud. I explored the market for a while, but didn’t buy anything there.

Then, I went to Coles. I bought ready-to-eat legumes, bananas, apples, bread and… Vegemite, of course! The Vegemite was hard to find, but I kept looking for it until I found it. After these purchases, I went back to my Airbnb.

For lunch, I ate chickpeas, tomatoes, baby cucumbers, some bread, almonds and an apple. I really enjoyed that food.

In the afternoon, I stayed at my Airbnb. I didn’t do much, aside from relaxing and listening to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music.

In the early evening, I exchanged text messages with Sarah and Xanthe. My fantastic Flareon friend tried to order food for me through Uber Eats, but the service was unavailable. It was nice of her to try anyway.

My dinner consisted of red kidney beans, tomatoes, baby cucumbers, some bread with Vegemite, almonds and an apple. It was delicious and I loved the bread with Vegemite, even though I didn’t put margarine on the bread because I didn’t have it in my Airbnb.

Afterwards, I exchanged text messages with Xanthe and Gemma and I wrote about my day before going to bed.

Saturday, July 27, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread and a banana. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while and I exchanged text messages with Xanthe.

Later in the morning, I went to the National Gallery of Victoria. It was loud and crowded and there was a long waiting line to buy a ticket. To avoid sensory overload, I only took a few pictures of the entrance hall instead of buying a ticket and actually visiting the gallery. There were still beautiful artistic creations in the entrance hall, though.

After I left the gallery, I purchased some travel souvenirs in a souvenir shop and a sandwich at Subway. I also bought tomatoes, baby cucumbers, coconut yoghurt and almond yoghurt at Coles. Then, I went back to my Airbnb.

For lunch, I ate the Subway sandwich, but I added Vegemite to it before eating it. I also ate an apple. It was delicious.

In the afternoon, I shiny hunted Combee again.

In the early evening, Xanthe ordered a vegan burger from Lord of the Fries through Uber Eats for me, which I really appreciated. She also sent me details regarding the following day, which was great.

After I received the burger, I had dinner. Thanks to my fantastic Flareon friend, I got to eat a delicious vegan burger without getting sensory overload. I also ate an apple and really liked it.

Then, I explored the Internet, I wrote about my day and I posted my travel journal on PXR before going to bed.

If you have any questions or comments about this, please feel free to post them.

Thanks for reading! :)

@Chibi Altaria @Desolate Divine @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Suicune's Fire

Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 2" to Digg Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 2" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like it was really fun for the most part! I'm glad I'm not the only one that deals with sensory overload. XD I'd love to meet up with online friends sometime. Though I know I'd hesitate to because I'm also worried they'd find me really weird or annoying.
    I enjoyed reading your travel journal. I'm glad you're having a good time! :)
    @Scytherwolf @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Thank you for reading my travel journal! I'm having lots of fun here, and I really don't look forward to going back home to my stressful family. I'm sorry to hear that Scytherwolf is also prone to sensory overload. :/
    Haha, your journey through Australia sounds really fun Cleobel! Too bad Gemma hasn't really been able to join much. I think she'd probably really like to hang out more, but I can understand given her conditions. Maybe you guys can see about stopping by her place?

Good to see you're having lots of fun too! Sorry to hear about the parts that have made you a little fearful though. Those can be rough times, but at least you had a super awesome good friend there to be there for you! Sensory overloads can be terrible yeah. Meeting up with friends online can be awkward at first, but you remember at heart. They're your friends. So it's all good in the end! :D
    @Chakramaster Thank you for reading my travel journal! I don't think I will get to see Gemma again before I have to go home, though.
    Val I cannot stress enough how completely hilarious this sentence is:

"I hope that Xanthe will be more organised in the future instead of leaving eggs unhatched for 5 years."

XDDDD I laugh every time I read it, ahahaha. It's so true. I'm so unprepared. XD It's good that I have you to guide me, though. If you had not visited, I would have left those eggs for another five years, I'm sure. XDD

Anyway, thank you for writing such kind things about me. :) I'm so glad you've been having so much fun!
    @Suicune's Fire Thank you for reading my travel journal! I'm glad you think that this sentence is hilarious. xD Please don't forget to hatch the eggs in Pokemon Moon as well!
    @Cleobel

(surfer dude voice) Totally bogan, man :D