View RSS Feed

Cleobel

Melbourne travel journal - Part 3

Rate this Entry
Hello everybody! Here is the third (and final) part of my travel journal (I am posting it on PXR sooner than expected because I purchased in-flight Wi-Fi) :

Sunday, July 28, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread with Vegemite and a banana. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while, I got ready, I bought a sandwich at a Subway and I took the train at Flinders Station. On the train, I wrote letters for my Aussie friends.

I got off at the station closest to Xanthe’s place. That’s where I met her. I was happy to see her, but I was also feeling nauseous due to writing letters on the train. Therefore, we stayed at the station for a while, so that I could breathe some fresh air.

Once I felt better, we got into the car and Xanthe drove to La Trobe University. It was nice to talk with her in the car. When we arrived, we met up with Sarah and Jacob on a small market. I was happy to see them as well.

There were some nice items on the market, such as Pokemon cards, Pokemon plushies and a hat with a hole in it. Perhaps it was a hat for dolphins?

My friends bought food on the market. Then, we had lunch in a beautiful picnic area (Xanthe did not eat at that time because she was not hungry). I ate the Subway sandwich and a banana. I really enjoyed my food. After lunch, I gave the letters to my friends, who were happy to receive them.

Afterwards, Xanthe and I went to the toilet. Sarah helped me lock the toilet, which I really appreciated. Then, we went to the wildlife sanctuary of La Trobe University. It was very peaceful and beautiful. While we walked in the sanctuary, we saw (and heard) different types of birds. We also saw an old car, which was a shelter for small animals. As there were kangaroo signs, we followed them because we were hoping to see kangaroos, but we didn’t see them. I still enjoyed walking in the sanctuary with my friends and I had a great time with them.

After we left the sanctuary, we went back to the carpark. That’s where Xanthe and I said goodbye to Jacob and Sarah. I knew that I wouldn’t see Sarah again before leaving Melbourne, so we took some time to say goodbye to each other. Then, Xanthe and I got into the car and she drove to her house. Once again, I enjoyed talking with her in the car.

When we arrived at Xanthe’s house, she had (a very late) lunch. While she was eating her lunch, she showed me the fish pond and we saw a rude bird in a nearby tree. Then, we explored the websites of Scienceworks and Melbourne Museum, and my fantastic Flareon friend sent me the sensory maps of these places, which I really appreciated. She also made me try rice hazelnut milk, which was delicious, and she took beautiful pictures of her cat Misty and myself. Then, I went to the toilet. When I was back from the toilet, we did some deep breathing together, which was very relaxing.

Afterwards, we went back to the train station. Xanthe stayed with me until I got on the train, which was very nice of her. When the train arrived, I thanked her for everything. It was yet another wonderful day.

When I was on the train, I exchanged text messages with my fantastic Flareon friend, which was very nice. And as soon as I was back to my Airbnb, I had dinner. I ate black beans, tomatoes, baby cucumbers, some bread, almonds and an apple. It was delicious.

In the evening, I exchanged more text messages with Xanthe. She sent me details regarding the following day, which I appreciated. I also wrote about my day before going to bed.

Monday, July 29, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread with Vegemite and an apple. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while, I exchanged a few text messages with Xanthe and I got ready to go to Flinders Station. On my way to go there, I bought a sandwich at Subway.

Shortly after I arrived at Flinders Station, I met Xanthe "under the clocks". It was good to see her again. Then, we took the train to go to Scienceworks. On the train, as I was not going to see Gemma again before flying back home, I gave the letter I had written for my awesome Altaria friend to my fantastic Flareon friend. I also enjoyed talking with her during the train journey.

After getting off the train, and after a short walk, we arrived at Scienceworks. Thanks to my student card, I got a ticket to the museum for free, which was nice. After Xanthe paid for her ticket, she asked for a sensory map of the museum, which was very thoughtful of her.

At Scienceworks, we learned some interesting stuff about robots, the future, 3D printing of model organs, poo power, rainforests, different types of apples and more. We also designed our own (bogan) car in a mini-game. According to the software, it is very eco-friendly.

Unfortunately, in that high-sensory area, I only lasted for about 30 minutes before going into sensory overload. As I was going to tell Xanthe about this, she asked me if I was feeling okay and I told her that I was not. So, we went outside in order to find a quiet place. Unfortunately, it was not quiet outside because there were traffic sounds and (bogan) seagulls. So, we went back inside. It was quiet near the toilets, so we did some deep breathing there, which helped me feel better.

Afterwards, we went outside again : we went to a place where there were no seagulls or traffic sounds. That’s where I ate my lunch : I ate the Subway sandwich and a banana. It was delicious.

After I had lunch, we visited the museum shop and we went upstairs, where we learned about sounds. This reminded me of my science class about sounds in high school. Then, we left the museum, we went back to the train station and we took a train to Flinders Station. It was nice to talk with my fantastic Flareon friend on the train.

When we arrived there, Xanthe bought some coffee at the station. Then, we walked in the street. As it was very busy, we went to a quiet role play shop and we stayed there for a while. Xanthe bought some tiny purple dice and I bought a squishy anti-stress ball with a map of Australia on it. In another store, Xanthe helped me purchase some calming essential oil, which was very kind of her. After this purchase, we went to McDonald’s (or Macca’s, as Aussies would say) and Xanthe bought some chips/fries there. She quickly ate them and we walked to my Airbnb. I enjoyed talking with her while we were walking.

At my Airbnb, my fantastic Flareon friend finished EV training her Talonflame in Pokemon X. Then, she wanted to shiny hunt in a Friend Safari in that game. Eventually, she decided to shiny hunt in a Dragon-type Friend Safari that contains Fraxure, Dragonair and Druddigon. However, she didn’t have an Adamant Pokemon with the Synchronize ability. As a result, I prepared an Adamant Ralts with Synchronize in my Omega Ruby game. Then, I sent it to Xanthe in return for a Ditto with six perfect IVs. It was very nice of her to send me that Ditto.

While she was shiny hunting in the Friend Safari (with the Adamant Ralts with Synchronize at the front of her party), and while I was hatching the remaining Ralts eggs, we watched Atypical on Netflix. When I was done hatching the Ralts eggs, I went to the toilet. When I was back from the toilet, I shiny hunted Combee. Atypical is one of my favourite Netflix shows and Xanthe seems to like it too.

In the early evening, we tried to go to Lord of the Fries. As it was raining, we ended up ordering food from Lord of the Fries through Uber Eats instead. Unfortunately, our order took a long time to arrive and it was almost cold when it finally arrived. On the bright side, while we were waiting for our food to arrive and talking to each other, Xanthe found a shiny Druddigon! I was so happy for my fantastic Flareon friend and I congratulated her. She quickly caught her in a Premier Ball after False Swiping her. This shiny is Adamant (which means that the Synchronize trick worked), she has the Rough Skin ability (which is not her Hidden Ability) and she has two perfect IVs (Attack and Defense), which is great.

When our vegan burgers arrived, Xanthe received them and we ate them while watching Atypical. I also ate a banana. My dinner was good, but it would have been better if the burger had been delivered quicker.

After having dinner, we went to Melbourne Central together. We took a tram to go there. The tram was crowded, but we didn’t stay on it for a long time. I stayed with Xanthe until her train arrived. When it arrived, I thanked her for everything. I had a "fantastic, wonderful, brilliant, excellent, amazing, awesome, splendid, fabulous" day with her.

Then, I went back to my Airbnb, I exchanged more text messages with Xanthe and I wrote about my day before going to bed.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread with Vegemite and a banana. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while, I shiny hunted Combee and I exchanged a few text messages with Xanthe.

Later in the morning, I went to Coles. I bought ready-to-eat black beans, baby cucumbers and bananas.

My lunch consisted of chickpeas, tomatoes, baby cucumbers, some bread, almonds and an apple. I really enjoyed my food.

In the afternoon, I went to Melbourne Museum. Thanks to my student card, I got a ticket to the museum for free, which was nice. I didn’t care much about the history part of the museum, but I really enjoyed the science and life gallery (especially the part about marine mammals), the part about the rainforest, the part about the human mind and the part about gut bacteria.

When the museum started getting loud and crowded, I left it and I walked in the nearby gardens, which was peaceful and relaxing. Then, I went back to my Airbnb.

I shiny hunted Combee for the rest of the afternoon until I found a female shiny Combee in Black 2 (there are more details in the shiny hunting thread). I was very happy to find, catch and evolve her! I sent the pictures of this shiny to my four Aussie friends and they all congratulated me, which was very nice of them.

Shortly after I caught Victoria the shiny Combee, I had dinner. I ate black beans, baby cucumbers, some bread, almonds and an apple. It was delicious.

In the evening, I exchanged more text messages with Xanthe. She sent me a picture of Valentino, her newly-evolved (male) Meganium in Pokemon GO. I’m so glad she named him after me. We also discussed details about the following day, which was exciting. Finally, I declared my newest shiny on PXR and Pokebip (my favourite French-speaking Pokemon website), and I wrote about my day before going to bed.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate coconut yoghurt, some bread with Vegemite and a banana. It was delicious. Then, I explored the Internet for a while, I exchanged some text messages with Xanthe and I got ready to go to her house.

I got on the train at Flinders Station. Unfortunately, I had a panic attack on the train because I didn’t understand an announcement.

When I got off the train, Xanthe was already at the station. It was good to see her again, but I was still panicking. So, we did some deep breathing together, which helped me calm down. Then, we walked to her house.

When we arrived there, my fantastic Flareon friend showed me a few things in her bedroom and gave me some Pokemon pencils. I really appreciated that gift. Unfortunately, while I was sharpening the pencils, I accidentally broke her pencil sharpener. I am sorry about that.

Then, Xanthe hang-dried clean clothes. While she was doing that, we talked to each other, which was very nice. She asked me to say many French words (mostly animal names and Pokemon names). Afterwards, I went to the toilet. When I was back from the toilet, we went to the supermarket together and Xanthe bought some food for our lunch.

When we got back to her house, we played Mario Kart 8 on the Switch. I had never played Mario Kart on that console before and I really liked it (although I still don’t like the concept of the Switch). While we were playing that game, toilet paper was delivered at Xanthe’s house, which was hilarious.

After we played Mario Kart 8, Xanthe prepared sandwiches for lunch. I am so glad she prepared a sandwich for me because she is very good at preparing sandwiches. Then, we had lunch while watching Atypical on Netflix. I ate a sandwich with tomato slices, vegan cheese, a vegan alternative to ham, vegan margarine and Vegemite. I also ate a banana. It was a delicious lunch.

After lunch, we both had drinks and laughed about them. On the one hand, I wanted to drink some water, but I accidentally filled my glass with hot water : when I put it in my mouth, I laughed so much that I didn’t swallow it immediately (because I was afraid that it would go down the wrong pipe). On the other hand, Xanthe had a coffee with plant-based milk in it : at a certain point, she found solidified milk in her coffee and quickly swallowed it, which was hilarious. I laughed so much about these drinks that I had to go to the toilet afterwards.

When I was back from the toilet, we shiny hunted while watching Atypical. I shiny hunted Squirtle in Pokemon Yellow (Virtual Console), while Xanthe shiny hunted Chikorita in Pokemon Soulsilver and Tyrunt in Pokemon X (both with the Masuda method, and with the Shiny Charm in Pokemon X).

Then, we did a few Pokemon Showdown random battles, we took selfies and we hugged. We also tried to do some deep breathing, but it turned into deep laughing. Afterwards, Xanthe got a phone call : it was a job interview. While she was on the phone, I went to the toilet again. When I was back from the toilet, Xanthe told me that she got the job, which was great news!

After she told me about that, we shiny hunted while watching Atypical until it was dinner time. That’s when I started feeling sad because I would have to leave Australia soon. Fortunately, my fantastic Flareon friend and I went to Hungry Jack’s : on the way to go there and back to her house, we talked to each other about our favourite moments of my stay in Melbourne. I enjoyed sharing my best memories with Xanthe. When we were at Hungry Jack’s, she ordered a vegan burger without any sauce for me, which was very kind of her.

When we got back to her house, we saw a cute possum and gave it a carrot. Then, we had dinner together. I ate the Hungry Jack’s burger and it was delicious. After dinner, we went to Xanthe’s bedroom, where we did one more Pokemon Showdown random battle and took a few more deep breaths together. Then, I went to the toilet again and we went back to the train station. Xanthe stayed with me until I got on the train, which was very nice of her. When the train arrived, I thanked her for everything. I had another wonderful day thanks to my fantastic Flareon friend.

When I was on the train, I exchanged some text messages with Xanthe. When I got back to my Airbnb, I wrote about my day before going to bed.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 :

Spoiler:
For breakfast, I ate almond yoghurt, some bread and an apple. It was delicious. Then, I prepared my luggage.

Xanthe and Jacob arrived at my Airbnb at 9:30 AM. They helped me carry my luggage, which was very nice of them. I also gave the phone, its charger, the onesie and the Flareon plushie back to Xanthe. Then, I gave the keys of the Airbnb back to the reception lady.

Afterwards, we got into Xanthe’s car and we went to a nearby park. On the way to go there, my fantastic Flareon friend gave me a hand-written letter, which was very kind of her. When we arrived at the park, we walked there for a while. It was very peaceful and we were lucky enough to see birds and kangaroos there. However, I was also feeling sad about having to leave Australia soon.

After walking in that park, we went to a shopping centre. On the way to go there, we listened to Pokemon Colosseum music. Once we got there, we bought some food for lunch. Xanthe helped me order a sandwich at Subway, which I really appreciated. Then, I went to the toilet in that shopping centre. We didn’t stay there for long because it was very loud. So, we had lunch in Xanthe’s car. I ate the Subway sandwich and a banana. I really enjoyed my food.

Then, we went to a store that sells Pokemon plushies (among other things) and to a "variety store". The former was more interesting than the latter. After visiting those stores, we stayed in Xanthe’s car for a while. My fantastic Flareon friend and I did some deep breathing together, which was very relaxing. We also played a fun game together (it consisted of saying Kanto-related words, and each word that we said had to start with the last letter of the previous word), while Jacob helped us when we couldn’t find the next word.

Afterwards, Xanthe drove to Melbourne airport. On the way to go there, my friends and I played another game (it started by saying a word, and when it was our turn, we had to say a word related to the previous word). It was very funny because Jacob always found a way to say catastrophic things. That made me laugh a lot and helped me not think about my sadness to leave Australia.

When we arrived at the airport, my friends walked with me until I had to drop my checked luggage, which was very nice of them. While I was waiting in the line, they managed to take my Australian SIM card out of the phone that Xanthe had lent to me, which was great. After I dropped my checked luggage, they gave me my Australian SIM card.

Then, we walked together until I had to go through security. It was very thoughtful of my friends to stay with me until they couldn’t anymore. That’s when I thanked them for everything, hugged with Xanthe several times and said goodbye to my wonderful friends. I was very sad to leave them, but very thankful to have met them in real life. I had a wonderful time in Melbourne thanks to the PXR Aussies. May we chat soon, meet up again and stay friends for as long as possible!

Bonus :

Spoiler:
I wrote a song about my trip to Melbourne! It is based on the Havana song by Camila Cabello. Here is the link to the song. And here are the lyrics :

"Australia, oh la la
Half of my heart is in Australia, oh la la
And I loved my time in Victoria, la la la
All of my heart is in Australia
My heart is in Australia
Australia, oh la la

Xanthe and Gemma and Jacob and Sarah
They are wonderful friends
And I loved walking in the city with them
And learning Aussie slang
Gemma's birthday and the sanctuary
Are all fond memories
And Scienceworks and the Redwood Forest
Despite all the bogans

Ooh ooh ooh, I had a lot of fun with
The PXR Aussies
Chuck a U-ey, mate!
Ooh ooh ooh, and then I had to tell them
I had to go, oh la la la la la

Australia, oh la la
And I loved my time in Victoria, la la la
My heart is in Australia
Australia, oh la la

My trip was brilliant, excellent, amazing
Thanks to my awesome friends
They gladly helped me with the difficult things
And they made me feel safe
I also enjoyed all the deep breathing
With Xanthe and Gemma
I really loved my time at Xanthe's house
Shinies and Vegemite

Ooh ooh ooh, I had a lot of fun with
The PXR Aussies
Chuck a U-ey, mate!
Ooh ooh ooh, and then I had to tell them
I had to go, oh la la la la la

Australia, oh la la
I'd love to go back to Victoria, la la la
My heart is in Australia
Australia, oh la la"

If you have any questions or comments about this, please feel free to post them.

Thanks for reading! :)

@Chibi Altaria @Desolate Divine @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Suicune's Fire

Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 3" to Digg Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Melbourne travel journal - Part 3" to Google

Updated 08-01-2019 at 11:10 AM by Cleobel

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Aw, another wonderful entry, Cleobel. :) It was fun to have you here, and thank you for your Cleobel mojo for shiny hunting! XD

"Unfortunately, while I was sharpening the pencils, I accidentally broke her pencil sharpener. I am sorry about that."

That was really funny. XD Please don't be sorry; it was an old sharpener anyway that I didn't ever use. It was worth the laugh!

"at a certain point, she found solidified milk in her coffee and quickly swallowed it, which was hilarious"

Hahahaha the weird film on the top of my coffee. XD That was so funny. There's no way to describe it without it sounding completely disgusting. XD

I hope the rest of the journey home is nice. :) I'm sure we'll meet again!
    @Suicune's Fire Thank you for reading and commenting my blog entry! :) It was very fun to spend time with you. No worries about the Cleobel mojo! I'm glad you like my travel blog. :) I hope you like the bonus as well!

Thank you for hoping that the rest of my journey home is nice! I hope so too. I would love to meet you again! :)
    @Suicune's Fire I didn't know toilet paper delivery was a thing XD
    @Cleobel It was really great to meet you! I'm glad you had such a nice time! Xanthe is such a sweetheart for looking out for you so much. :) I think it's awesome that you like Vegemite!!! Is it something you can buy at home? And did you really have Vegemite on the same sandwich as ham and tomato?! That is extreme vegemite-ing even for an Aussie xD

I'm glad you are safely home and I hope you settle in alright and don't have too much jetlag! :)
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah XD We get Who Gives a Crap, which donates 50% of their profits towards building toilets for developing countries and is made out of 100% recycled paper. :) So we order it online and it gets delivered.

And yes, she really sank into the Vegemite! I'm so proud! XD
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Thank you for reading and commenting my blog entry! :) It was really great to meet you as well. And yes, I am so thankful for Xanthe's help. I don't think I can buy Vegemite in Belgium, so I put some in my checked luggage. And yes, I had Vegemite on the same sandwich as tomato and the vegan alternative to ham.
    Right now, I'm a bit tired, but not too exhausted. I hope I won't have too much jetlag. And I don't really feel safe at home. :/
    @Suicune's Fire Thank you for being proud of me! I love Vegemite!
    @Suicune's Fire Ohh that's awesome! We just buy recycled toilet paper from Coles, but I like that idea. xD
    @Cleobel Sorry you don't feel safe at home. I hope you manage to have a nice rest. I think you should be very proud of yourself for coming all this way on your own! I think it was very brave. :) That's great that you took some Vegemite home with you! I hope you enjoy it!
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Thank you very much!