View RSS Feed

Voltaire Magneton

I finally conquered one (1) fear!

Rate this Entry
So a few years ago, I have talked about how a certain video game has left me irrationally afraid of. It's FNAF btw.

I don't remember the details but from watching playthroughs while hiding from jumpscares, over the last few months I've been exposing myself to the jjumpscares itself and even watched jumpscare compilations. Now I think they're hilarious I guess? LOL

Also watching 50/20 cleared plays of UCN is like the kiddie pool for me, which exponentially helped me and now I can look at the game directly, with jumpscares attached. (Side note: I guess I love huge crossover games, which applies to Smash too)

And today I've played my first FNAF game too! I downloaded UCN and tried out a few animatronics. The first one I tried was just Toy Freddy because I wanted to play FNAF in FNAF lmao then the other games is just Toys Bonnie and Chica and Rockstar Freddy. Then I tried adding Nightmarionne, El Chip, and Funtime Chica, but oh boy those latter two are distracting until Nightmarionne got me LOL OOF. Then I removed him and got caught by Toy Chica anyways.

So yeah, I'll try everyone else once I study keyboard controls (I suck at keyboard-and-mouse coordination hence why I dont play much other video games) and find my earphones to play the sound-centric animatronics. Maybe I should try the original games since theyre just point-and-click, haha

(P.S. my fave animatronic is Nightmarionne idk why but i find him cuddly especially when I find Puppet creepy, also Ballora best girl)

Submit "I finally conquered one (1) fear!" to Digg Submit "I finally conquered one (1) fear!" to del.icio.us Submit "I finally conquered one (1) fear!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I finally conquered one (1) fear!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay, well done overcoming the fear! I am still adverse to watching horror flicks because I got scared as a teenager...twice. xD I haven't really played a horror video game either. But yeah, have fun. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire
    Yay, well done overcoming the fear! I am still adverse to watching horror flicks because I got scared as a teenager...twice. xD I haven't really played a horror video game either. But yeah, have fun. :3
    @Suicune's Fire; I feel you lmao last time I got spooked by a horror movie was in Insidious with the discount Darth Maul jumpscare, but FNAF has lessened the effects of most of them. Except for Final Destination, which is mostly pure paranoia fuel for me oof
    @Voltair Magneton Ooh I haven't seen that (obvs) but it looks scary. o_o My first horror movie experience was Hide and Seek, which scared the crap out of my 14 year old self. xD Then The Exorcism of Emily Rose when I was 17, which actually made me have trouble getting to sleep for like a year. XD So ridiculous. And lol yes, Final Destination is one of those ones I've also stayed away from. XD
    @Voltair Magneton of all horror games that scare you, FNAF was the biggest...? that series has kinda been dead for a while XD

But i'm not gonna judge because i have a similar situation lol. i'm still scared of Slendytubbies, a slenderman rip-off game with a teletubbies motif. Slenderman didn't scare me one bit and with normal teletubbies it's the same story so, normally it wouldn't be that scary... except for the VERY SCARY FACE THAT THE PURPLE TELETUBBY CHASING YOU HAS

it spooked my 12 year old self and it still irks me to this day

i had another incident but i overcame it, PM me if you wanna hear that hilarious story