View RSS Feed

solivagant

No Spoiler B******

Rate this Entry
Not even gonna bother putting up a disclaimer.

This is the first time I've seen a game forum have such an unhealthy obsession over avoiding game spoilers. Which is frankly ludicrous and unheard that a minority can be so whiny and so self-entitled. And to what extent will this nonsense and immaturity go? Every single ****ing thing has to be in spoilers. So I can't use new names in a Fun & Games thread if I don't spoiler it? So I have to spoiler poems and stories if I write about the new pokemon? So I can't upload art of new content as avatars/profile pictures/signatures because how on earth does one spoiler tag them?

Honestly, it's so easy to resolve this issue. If you want to avoid spoilers, just avoid places that mention them. Meaning just log the hell out. Or learn to ignore it. I find it absolutely absurd that most of the threads in Pokemon Sun and Moon have thread tags [SPOILERS] when it is beyond obvious that they will have spoilers. Are people worse off than Hellen Keller or something to fail to comprehend such a basic idea? It's so funny because only here in Pokemon Crossroads have I witnessed this madness. That a forum's staff would threaten to delete posts containing new information when it's all the rage and the hype to talk about it but people can't because ~special snowflakes~. That a post showcasing potential leaks (that may not even be real) incites much fuss because "OH MAI GOD I SAW FAN ART OF SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW IT IS A SPOILER AHHH" is just beyond human understanding. Like wow. I don't even. I'm out.

And you know, I cba if my posts get deleted. Because that hurts discussion, not me. I can easily find another platform to discuss about something I like. Because it stifles creativity. And nobody likes being stifled, unless Stockholm Syndrome. And no one likes to join a community where the main topic has its own censors. If I can't discuss trans issues in a LGBT club because there are transphobic people, I would be better off without such a group of people.

And you know what we say to transphobic people: DEAL. WITH. IT.

Submit "No Spoiler B******" to Digg Submit "No Spoiler B******" to del.icio.us Submit "No Spoiler B******" to StumbleUpon Submit "No Spoiler B******" to Google

Updated 08-18-2016 at 11:44 PM by Rival Max

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Forum Related , Rants

Comments

I know it's a little silly, but people enjoy playing the games different ways. Some people want to know things and others don't. So we are all compromising. I don't see how it's entitled and whiny not to want to have a game SPOILED before it's released. I mean, it's right there in the word spoilers! It's not that hard not to post spoilers in random forum threads or use spoiler tags or write spoiler in the title, is it? It's just being considerate of others not to post them outside the Sun and Moon board where they belong. Telling people to leave the forum is a bit silly... there are other things going on than just Sun and Moon, such as the event I decided to run rather than logging off the forum for six months to avoid spoilers. xD
    Comparing members not wanting to see spoilers to Hellen Keller is like me comparing this rant to world war 2. The spoilers are a little silly but in no way are they driving new members away. I cant see why spoilers of all things would have sent you over the deep end. Im not sure Pokemon Sun and Moon are peoples live style choices either...Maybe its more accurate to compare Sun and Moon spoilers to going on a forum about magic tricks and posting a section about how they did the tricks. Some people wouldnt want to know those secrets. So you give them "Hey avoid this section warning".
    Hey, everything okay? This doesn't sound like you. And by that I mean it sounds like you had like a shitty week or something. :c
    I thought we'd discussed this and we were over it? I'm sorry that I want to try to avoid spoilers. Using spoiler tags isn't a lot to ask. Sure, make your avatar or signature a new pokemon. That's fine! I think you're taking this a bit more seriously than the spoiler avoiding people. I would never actually delete a post that didn't spoiler tag things. xD That announcement should probably be taken down. Lol.

Do whatever you want. I didn't think it was such a big deal to be like "Oh I'm about to post something about new pokemon for those who are avoiding it" just like if someone were to put a Game of Thrones spoiler in tags or something. Ya know? I didn't realise it was causing you such anger. You really shouldn't waste your time feeling angry about this. Everything is fine. Please don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    I know it's a little silly, but people enjoy playing the games different ways. Some people want to know things and others don't. So we are all compromising. I don't see how it's entitled and whiny not to want to have a game SPOILED before it's released. I mean, it's right there in the word spoilers! It's not that hard not to post spoilers in random forum threads or use spoiler tags or write spoiler in the title, is it? It's just being considerate of others not to post them outside the Sun and Moon board where they belong. Telling people to leave the forum is a bit silly... there are other things going on than just Sun and Moon, such as the event I decided to run rather than logging off the forum for six months to avoid spoilers. xD
    You skirt the question of what about signatures/avatars and harmless places like Pokemon Chain. I await your reply on such matters otherwise save it. Also like I said, it's pretty obvious all Sun and Moon forum threads contain spoilers. Like that's why the specific board was made LMAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max
    Comparing members not wanting to see spoilers to Hellen Keller is like me comparing this rant to world war 2. The spoilers are a little silly but in no way are they driving new members away. I cant see why spoilers of all things would have sent you over the deep end. Im not sure Pokemon Sun and Moon are peoples live style choices either...Maybe its more accurate to compare Sun and Moon spoilers to going on a forum about magic tricks and posting a section about how they did the tricks. Some people wouldnt want to know those secrets. So you give them "Hey avoid this section warning".
    I'm not addressing this because you failed to read clearly what I wrote.
    I just want u to love me. ;~;
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire
    I thought we'd discussed this and we were over it? I'm sorry that I want to try to avoid spoilers. Using spoiler tags isn't a lot to ask. Sure, make your avatar or signature a new pokemon. That's fine! I think you're taking this a bit more seriously than the spoiler avoiding people. I would never actually delete a post that didn't spoiler tag things. xD That announcement should probably be taken down. Lol.

Do whatever you want. I didn't think it was such a big deal to be like "Oh I'm about to post something about new pokemon for those who are avoiding it" just like if someone were to put a Game of Thrones spoiler in tags or something. Ya know? I didn't realise it was causing you such anger. You really shouldn't waste your time feeling angry about this. Everything is fine. Please don't take it personally.
    Not when I'm being accused of "forcing spoilers down people's throat" for just using a /name/ (like I was considerate enough to not use images because obvious spoilers) but gosh the tone of people lately have been so whiny and is just absurd because I've not seen such behavior at all on PokeCommunity, Serebii and other forums I am on. I'm not angry at all; I just call out what I see as it is – BS. But y'know, do what you want. I just find this a really wrong direction for a forum to take but it's not my forum so I'll just say my piece and let it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by solivagant
    You skirt the question of what about signatures/avatars and harmless places like Pokemon Chain. I await your reply on such matters otherwise save it. Also like I said, it's pretty obvious all Sun and Moon forum threads contain spoilers. Like that's why the specific board was made LMAO.
    Wow, there's no need to be rude o.o It's just a courtesy to other people. There is no rule currently about signatures and avatars so you can do what you like, as people can turn off signatures and avatars if they don't want to see them. (Unfortunately that means postbit Pokemon won't show either, so they will miss out on elements of the Pokemon Go event.) So yeah, you can but it wouldn't be very considerate to others. That's all this is about. Being considerate because you want your friends to enjoy the game in the way they enjoy it best, as I'm sure they would do the same for you.

I don't really see what the issue is with not posting new names in fun and games. There are heaps of other Pokemon to choose from and you don't get any benefit to posting a new name. It's not even a discussion thread. So again, it would be considerate not to do that since it is unnecessary. I'm not policing anything, the notice was a general deterrent. If it is that important to you to post new names in the Pokemon chain thread, then that's up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Wow, there's no need to be rude o.o It's just a courtesy to other people. There is no rule currently about signatures and avatars so you can do what you like, as people can turn off signatures and avatars if they don't want to see them. (Unfortunately that means postbit Pokemon won't show either, so they will miss out on elements of the Pokemon Go event.) So yeah, you can but it wouldn't be very considerate to others. That's all this is about. Being considerate because you want your friends to enjoy the game in the way they enjoy it best, as I'm sure they would do the same for you.

I don't really see what the issue is with not posting new names in fun and games. There are heaps of other Pokemon to choose from and you don't get any benefit to posting a new name. It's not even a discussion thread. So again, it would be considerate not to do that since it is unnecessary. I'm not policing anything, the notice was a general deterrent. If it is that important to you to post new names in the Pokemon chain thread, then that's up to you.
    Sass =/= rude *tongue pops* But still it's really weird but I guess if it's just a deterrent and not an actual law then I cba'd then since it doesn't affect me (but others might wish to have Alolan designs etc). Lol This reminds me of my country's stance against gays but w/e.

I don't get any benefit from using new names nor spoiling people but I do so because it's fun and I want a certain letter to start the next post; it's just a game but when you add all these restrictions, it ruins it and it might as well be "Officially Released Pokemon Only Chain" (do you not see the absurdity of that?). It's not a big deal at all which is why I honestly find it a big deal when other people make it a big deal. And they have. Do you want receipts?
    Lel butt hurt much? Seriously, spoiler tags aren't that hard. Here, let me show you:

[*SPOILER] Snape kills Dumbledore [/*SPOILER]

Just remove the * and caboom! No more spoiling. Seriously, a big deal and a hissy fit is being made over a small gesture people do out of consideration for others. This does not warrant an angry blog post. Use spoilers, move on with your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisteria
    Lel butt hurt much? Seriously, spoiler tags aren't that hard. Here, let me show you:

[*SPOILER] Snape kills Dumbledore [/*SPOILER]

Just remove the * and caboom! No more spoiling. Seriously, a big deal and a hissy fit is being made over a small gesture people do out of consideration for others. This does not warrant an angry blog post. Use spoilers, move on with your life.
    No ***** Sherlock...