Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I guess I'll be the boring one and say I don't really like a cluttered postbit. The avatar is the most important part there. If you have stuff below that's twice the size of the avatar, the avatar loses its focus. An extra line or two won't make too much of a difference. But some people have a lot of favorites, and that takes up multiple lines on its own. And personally, I don't find favorite Pokemon or a type to be important enough to warrant a place in the postbit. We already have an About Me on our profiles for all the various specifics.

But again, I prefer a tidy postbit.
    I imagine that there would be a six-Pokemon limit, at the most. Tbh I personally don't think it'll add clutter; it's literally just one little extra line of text in your postbit. Plus, it's a pretty convenient place to have it!

The icons COULD be something other than the XY party icons. Not sure what, but we could use some other small icons or something, if there are any.

As much as I hate to rashly jump into things, I'm almost wanting to volunteer help. Like, we could use these types of icons for favorite Pokemon in the postbit. Ones that have an appropriate sprite can be added as an image, and anything that doesn't yet have a sprite can be just text and the person can just request it from me or something. Idk, to be honest I love making those low-resolution Pokemon sprites...plus, they're super-cute! *loves miniature things*

Edit: we'd probably have to have a universal size for each sprite. So... 96x96 pixels are the dimensions for standard BW sprites. So half of that is 48. so they're have to be 48x48 pixels. For the record, that's about the size of the badge postbit sprites we have right now.

The only problem would be Kalos / Mega Evolutions...but honestly it wouldn't be that big of a problem.

Edit 2: here's how it'd look. This is how the grid works; seems only three can fit on one line.

So get rid of the grid, and:

I think that looks kinda cute! But...that's just me, eheh.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-25-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with Fate. While it sounds awesome in theory, I often like to colour theme my avatar and banner to match whatever's in my postbit and such. Having a cluttered and colourful postbit would totally blow anything I made out of the water, and distract from the graphics.

If anyone wants my friend code or my faovurite Pokemon, they can just ask. xD Tbh we haven't used friend codes for anything in a while, unless you're super into trading or battling. I feel like that would be useless, and it can be found on your user profile, anyway. I agree that little icons of Pokemon would be great on the full profile, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Papyrus View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Fate. While it sounds awesome in theory, I often like to colour theme my avatar and banner to match whatever's in my postbit and such. Having a cluttered and colourful postbit would totally blow anything I made out of the water, and distract from the graphics.

If anyone wants my friend code or my faovurite Pokemon, they can just ask. xD Tbh we haven't used friend codes for anything in a while, unless you're super into trading or battling. I feel like that would be useless, and it can be found on your user profile, anyway. I agree that little icons of Pokemon would be great on the full profile, though.
    Sun and Moon will be released soon though. I know we know nothing about FC / multiplayer (okay not MULTIPLAYER but come on you know what I mean)-related content, but if we really know Gamefreak, we know they're going to introduce a new element or mechanic that will catch on really well.

Additionally, it isn't like the postbit Pokemon can't be optional! :o

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sans View Post
    Sun and Moon will be released soon though. I know we know nothing about FC / multiplayer (okay not MULTIPLAYER but come on you know what I mean) related, but if we really know Gamefreak, we know they're going to introduce a new element or mechanic that will catch on really well.
    But is it really required to have an FC in your postbit? I wouldn't want one in mine. xD Maybe it can be optional, or something.

*cough*and then add updated icons for social media cause the ones under my details look awful*cough*

Wait...where did anyone ever say this would be required? :P lol, of course it would be optional. xD it just makes it more convenient for people who want to...well, more conveniently share their Friend Codes! :o

Whoops, forgot to tag @Papyrus

------------

Wait...where did anyone ever say this would be required? :P lol, of course it would be optional. xD it just makes it more convenient for people who want to...well, more conveniently share their Friend Codes! :o

Whoops, forgot to tag @Papyrus
    Oh I might have misread that. xD I thought, like the location, post number etc., it would just be added as text under that so it would be there permanently. Or something.

I'm thinking a little icon next to a person's username would be cute, though. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Papyrus View Post

Oh I might have misread that. xD I thought, like the location, post number etc., it would just be added as text under that so it would be there permanently. Or something.

I'm thinking a little icon next to a person's username would be cute, though. Maybe.
    Yeah, I think they'd be similar to the location field since apparently that doesn't show up unless you've submitted text into it (which I just now tried for myself). Hahah no prob, I was just like "whoa lol wut I don't think we're on the same page here ._. "

The icon next to the name would be cute, if we decide to do this but go the simpler route. :D itd most likely only be able to show up in actual posts, though; not like literally in their usernames or anything to which it shows up everywhere.

Actually, thinking back, I remember an old forum I used to go to: you could set an image or row of images between your username and avatar. It was really cute...I think it was a proboards feature, actually!

------------

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Could we just fill my entire post bit with shaymins? Like nothing else. Just a bunch of shaymins.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

9. This post has been liked by:

Yeah, I think they'd be similar to the location field since apparently that doesn't show up unless you've submitted text into it (which I just now tried for myself). Hahah no prob, I was just like "whoa lol wut I don't think we're on the same page here ._. "

The icon next to the name would be cute, if we decide to do this but go the simpler route. :D itd most likely only be able to show up in actual posts, though; not like literally in their usernames or anything to which it shows up everywhere.

Actually, thinking back, I remember an old forum I used to go to: you could set an image or row of images between your username and avatar. It was really cute...I think it was a proboards feature, actually!
    Oh, okay then! In that case I don't mind it, if it doesn't show up unless text is input. And yeah, I can be confusing sometimes, so understandable. xD

That would be fine, I just thought maybe one icon would be better over six or so. I don't want my posbit all cluttered! And that way I could have a cute little Latias icon next to my username! Unless I decided to switch it out for Pikachu or Vaporeon, aha. Maybe icons instead of user titles as a viable option? If they can't go next to your username.

11. This post has been liked by: