Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well, maybe Nature should instead be combined with Water? Leaving Wind to be storm-elemented with lightning and jazz?

Or the other way around--putting storm elements in Water. IDK

also arjkl;jagklj a freakin' sheikah warrior i though so much about bringing in zelda races ahhhhh I'm in a huge sheikah kick you have no idea xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm in favor of folding life/nature into water, mostly because I was planning on doing a lot of storm-themed stuff with my character. XD

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm okay with this as well since much of nature and wildlife is also in the water and life cannot exist without water in most (not all) cases.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

As far as combining Water and Wind together to make nature, I'm on the fence with that. I kind of wanted to have five Guilds, so if someone could come up with a fifth one to replace the empty slot if Wind and Water are combined, I might consider going with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Might be missing something, if I have, will add them later 8D
    No problems here, you're all set and accepted, but feel free to make edits if other stuff comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    @Neo Emolga I swear your favorite RP title word is Mandate XD
    Actually, I think I only used it once before. I was kind of drawing a blank on the title, so yeah, I recycled a bit. :P

Okay, I'll admit, I kind of borrowed the word from Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven, which has such a nice ring to it. Also, that game is old, but holy crap is it great.

Quote Originally Posted by FedoraChar View Post
    *makes Lord of the Rings Sauron/Ring noises*

Also, in case the ping didn't work, Valryssa's done :D
    And she is AWESOME! Great work, and especially nice job on the history part. :3

Dragons are just the best, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphys View Post
    Here we go, I'm done!
    And it's great! Totally fine with using a LoZ race. It's a good one, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    OK, my two primary reasons for not joining this immediately is as follows: First off, Water Magic seems horribly underrated in its current form, as while Fire Magic and Wind Magic basically have secondary elements as well (Earth and Lightning/Nature respectively) and Light/Dark are somewhat more open-ended than the other three, Water isn't as useful as it could be on-paper (I could do a Blood Magic build in practice). The other reason is sheer time. I have other stuff to do over the summer, a lot of it, and spending time here means, natch, not spending time elseware.

On the other hand, fantasy is my jam. Even though I'm probably going to play it like it's simultaneously Dragonball Z or something because screw being subtle. I mean, at least one person here is playing as a freaking Dragon and I'm basically expecting Neo to do something stupidly epic with that Faerie, you know he will.

Neo, how bad/good would it be if I was allowed to play as a Prince of the empire King Vrell is trying to produce? Specifically a disgraced prince? (And disgraced for...Well, let's say that this guy's one-up on Vrell is that he thinks the anti-magic policies and Platinum Crusade ought to be thrown into a pit and forgotten, and leave it there.) Probably not the only character I'm going to play as.
    Well, water does get ice also. Don't think you can do a lot of damage with that? Sub Zero and Elsa feel otherwise.

It wouldn't bother me if you're just lightly active. It also wouldn't bother me if your posts are on the short side either. As for your disgraced price character idea, I'm cool with that, it sounds like it could be an interesting idea and great material as a plot-changer.

The Cast

Arryn Shinesong - Played by EmeraldSky
    Jason Richardson - Played by Gaster
    Jysan Ryderan - Played by Neo Emolga
    Arus - Played by Trainer17
    Valryssa Scarlet - Played by FedoraChar
    Rima Omarah - Played by Alphys

WIPS:

Lightthroat Hadran Lurel - Played by Velocity

Thanks Neo! :D I had a lot of fun writing that up ^^ And yes, dragons are amazing x3

Also, I think you misunderstood: we were suggesting moving nature as a sub-element to Water--Wind and Water would remain separate and we'd still have five guilds.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

URPG Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    As far as combining Water and Wind together to make nature, I'm on the fence with that. I kind of wanted to have five Guilds, so if someone could come up with a fifth one to replace the empty slot if Wind and Water are combined, I might consider going with it.
    I know that I specifically was thinking of having life and nature be a subset of Water rather than Wind, so as to make Water a bit stronger. Wind presumably already has storms and lightning, and Water makes more sense as the life element anyway (see Alphya's post).

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh yeah Neo you miss understood, we'd still have five guilds, but nature would be a sub under water instead of under wind.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

URPG Staff

@Neo Emolga, ran a little long but I'm done with my SU.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Okay, here's the FINAL VERDICT on the guilds:

Generally, I'm going to just leave things the same, because if nature-related magic gets moved to the Water Guild, that doesn't leave much left for the Wind Guild guys to enjoy besides making puffs and gusts here and there. So, hopefully this little tweak balances things out a bit more:

FIRE GUILD - Mainly fire, volcanic, thunder, earth, and lightning related elements. Strength and might are common themes as well.

WIND GUILD - Mainly wind, hurricane, nature, and plant/wildlife related magic. Enchantment and transformation are common themes.

WATER GUILD - Mainly water, ice, temperature, and mind related magic. Think of it as a hybrid of what Sub Zero and Elsa can do plus what Avatar/Legend of Korra water-benders can do. With some mind/psychic powers as well.

I hope this is fair and makes sense. I don't want to mess around with it too much, especially since a lot of people have completed sign ups already and have built their entire characters around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    @Neo Emolga, ran a little long but I'm done with my SU.
    It's definitely awesome and I like the Orphus race you came up with. :) I like the reference picture you drew, also! Great stuff!

The Cast

Arryn Shinesong - Played by EmeraldSky
    Jason Richardson - Played by Gaster
    Jysan Ryderan - Played by Neo Emolga
    Arus - Played by Trainer17
    Valryssa Scarlet - Played by FedoraChar
    Rima Omarah - Played by Alphys
    Lightthroat Hadran Lurel - Played by Velocity

URPG Staff

Would Wind users still be able to sling lightning around, considering how lightning comes from storms (and yes I know there's more SCIENCE to it but shhh I do not know much science)? NGL, I was planning for most of Hadran's offensive repertoire to be lightning-based.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!