View Poll Results: Which Hogwarts House Do You Belong To?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gryffindor

2 9.09%
  • Slytherin

2 9.09%
  • Hufflepuff

12 54.55%
  • Ravenclaw

6 27.27%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    I got Slytherin on Pottermore, which was surprising to me because I thought that'd be the house I'd be least likely to get into. I see why now though.

This quiz gave me Hufflepuff though.

So many Hufflepuffs! You guys who didn't get Hufflepuff probably took the quiz wrong or something. 'Cause it's an ineluctable outcome.

I literally signed up for Pottermore just to see what I would get. And I got Hufflepuff that time! I assume Pottermore is the more accurate quiz, as the site is by the author (I think it wasn't clear enough for me lul). I feel like Hufflepuff is more fitting to me than Ravenclaw, as I'm a more emotional, social guy than I am wise and witty. I mean, I'm both, but hey, some dudes just have it all.

I also took the wand quiz and got an acacia dragonheart wand that was 11 3/4". I DUNNO WHAT IT MEANS BUT I GOTS WHAT I GOTS.

|||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I literally signed up for Pottermore just to see what I would get. And I got Hufflepuff that time! I assume Pottermore is the more accurate quiz, as the site is by the author (I think it wasn't clear enough for me lul). I feel like Hufflepuff is more fitting to me than Ravenclaw, as I'm a more emotional, social guy than I am wise and witty. I mean, I'm both, but hey, some dudes just have it all.

I also took the wand quiz and got an acacia dragonheart wand that was 11 3/4". I DUNNO WHAT IT MEANS BUT I GOTS WHAT I GOTS.
    This is what J.K. Rowling says about your wand. And what was your flexibility, if I may ask?

Acacia: A very unusual wand wood, which I have found creates tricky wands that often refuse to produce magic for any but their owner, and also withhold their best effects from all but those most gifted. This sensitivity renders them difficult to place, and I keep only a small stock for those witches or wizards of sufficient subtlety, for acacia is not suited to what is commonly known as 'bangs-and-smells' magic. When well-matched, an acacia wand matches any for power, though it is often underrated due to the peculiarity of its temperament.

Dragon: As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Length: Many wandmakers simply match the wand length to the size of the witch or wizard who will use it, but this is a crude measure, and fails to take into account many other, important considerations. In my experience, longer wands might suit taller wizards, but they tend to be drawn to bigger personalities, and those of a more spacious and dramatic style of magic. Neater wands favour more elegant and refined spell-casting. However, no single aspect of wand composition should be considered in isolation of all the others, and the type of wood, the core and the flexibility may either counterbalance or enhance the attributes of the wand’s length. Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).

Flexibility: Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair - although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.

5. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    This is what J.K. Rowling says about your wand. And what was your flexibility, if I may ask?
    Its flexibility was "quite bendy." I read all that stuff, which was really cool! I just have no clue how these things tie into the books/movies, or if there are any similar characters. Or if I got some hugely important combination which would make me a top wizard or something LOL.

|||||||||

Its flexibility was "quite bendy." I read all that stuff, which was really cool! I just have no clue how these things tie into the books/movies, or if there are any similar characters. Or if I got some hugely important combination which would make me a top wizard or something LOL.
    None of the characters with known wand specifications had acacia wood, quite a few had dragon's heartstring, none are mentioned to be 11 3/4, and none are confirmed to be quite bendy, so your wand is almost entirely unique.

From what I can tell, based on the results of your wand, you'd be a skilled wizard (wood) with a powerful wand (core), a strong personality (wand length), and the ability to accept new ideas, but still stand your ground on some subjects (flexibility).

8. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    From what I can tell, based on the results of your wand, you'd be a skilled wizard (wood) with a powerful wand (core), a strong personality (wand length), and the ability to accept new ideas, but still stand your ground on some subjects (flexibility).
    are u a wizard bc I think I fit that...completely LOL. Very cool!! I like the idea of magic, but I've just never gotten into Harry Potter. I think I might try to watch a movie sometime soon!

|||||||||

are u a wizard bc I think I fit that...completely LOL. Very cool!! I like the idea of magic, but I've just never gotten into Harry Potter. I think I might try to watch a movie sometime soon!
    XD I just basically fit the pieces of your wand's description together to make the most logical sense. Well, if and when you do, I hope you enjoy it. It actually has a few underlying themes and hidden secrets that we're still unearthing. Or, at least, last I checked we are.

My wand is Blackthorn, Dragon Heartstring, 12 1/2 inches, and hard, so, according to this...
    Spoiler:
    Blackthorn, which is a very unusual wand wood, has the reputation, in my view well-merited, of being best suited to a warrior. This does not necessarily mean that its owner practises the Dark Arts (although it is undeniable that those who do so will enjoy the blackthorn wand’s prodigious power); one finds blackthorn wands among the Aurors as well as among the denizens of Azkaban. It is a curious feature of the blackthorn bush, which sports wicked thorns, that it produces its sweetest berries after the hardest frosts, and the wands made from this wood appear to need to pass through danger or hardship with their owners to become truly bonded. Given this condition, the blackthorn wand will become as loyal and faithful a servant as one could wish.

As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).

Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair - although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.
    I'm a warrior with a strong wand, strong personality, and a bit of stubbornness, but not unyieldingly stubborn.
    Last edited by AWA1997; 06-24-2016 at 11:42 PM.