Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Team?

Your Team?

With the eleven new Pokemon revealed, are you planning to use any of them on your team?

For me, I'm going with Popplio, of course (UNLESS IT TURNS INTO A WALREIN-LOOKING UGLY THING, THEN I'LL JUST NOT BUY THE GAMES). I also love Pikipek and will definitely have it on my team if it evolves into something awesome. But if there's a better flyer out there like a Fairy/Flying type, then I'm going with that. But Pikipek is so darn cute!!! Similarly, Iwanko is really cute, but I don't think I'll have a place for it on my team unless it evolves into something super cute! I just see it evolving into some burly, ugly rock dog. ;__; But a suave rock wolf would be amazing!

Hopefully, S/M have a lot more Fairies Pokemon with awesome designs. I don't really feel much for many of them currently, but who knows, maybe they'll evolve into something awesome (like Fairy-types!)!

Is anyone wanting to use Grubbin, Yungoos, or Nekkoala?!

|||||||||

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I still haven't decided on how my full team is gonna be composed, to the point where I still don't know what my starter is gonna be. The only thing I know for certain is that I gotta have Iwanko be a part of my team, and if it evolves into something I don't like I'll just make it hold an Everstone. Maybe when more Pokemon are revealed, because I don't think I will be adding Grubbin and/or Yangoose in my team unless I really like their evolutions. Pikipek has a better shot at being at my team, but if I end up picking Rowlet then its chances do decrease a little bit (I don't want to have too many Pokemon sharing a type on my team).

Yeah, Grubbin and Yungoos are ones I just never see myself using. The only early Bug I've ever wanted to use is Vivillon, but Bug/Flying is just a boring type...And I wouldn't ever use a Regional "Rodent" like Yungoos, but if its evolution is great, Stakeout is a really awesome ability and could really make it a force to be reckoned with. Diggersby's Huge Power is really good, so I guess we'll see if the Yungoos family can top it!

A lot of people speculate that Grubbin will be a Bug/Electric type beetle that has a double drill-esque design (like those ice-breaking ships, like they have the two drills in the front. I don't know anything about machinery ;__;) because of the little "tusks" it has. But yeah, Grubbin is definitely strange. It's not a caterpillar or worm, but a grub, so it's obviously gonna evolve into a beetle! But I'm not a buggy person LOL.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the same types as long as they have useful secondary types! Like, I had three Fairies in my ORAS team (Mawile, Diancie, and Mega Altaria), but they all had good secondary types! And I had Delphox and Talonflame on my X team, but they both have secondary types that no one else on my team had! But yeah, it's wise not to have too many of the same type! I totally understand. Fairies are the obvious exception

|||||||||

Oh don't get me wrong, if Rowlet and Pikipek only share one type then there is still a chance of me having both on my team, my concern mostly stems from the rumors of what type Pikipek is going to be when it fully evolves, since there are some people guessing it might be Grass/Flying due to it being heavily implied to learn Bullet Seed and having Skill Link. Plus the fact that it's coming at the heels of Talonflame, who broke mold by swapping out the Normal/Flying-type for Fire/Flying, something that people have speculated Pikipek might do as well, but with another type. And if both Pikipek and Rowlet end up Grass/Flying when they're at their final stage, well... there can be only one.

Granted, this is only really a problem if my final decision on the starter is indeed Rowlet; if I end up going for Litten or Popplio instead then Pikipek has absolutely nothing to worry about unless they reveal some other Grass or Flying-type I like more than Pikipek's final stage

5. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

I feel like Pikipek won't be Grass/Flying at all...It just doesn't really seem to fit the part! I think most people could tell Fletchling would end up as Fire/Flying, but for Pikipek, I feel like it'll be a Steel-type. I can't really tell at this point, but Steel seems to fit the part more than any other type based on its design alone. Dark seems a bit likely as well, but who knows at this dang point. I just hope it's anything but Normal/Flying, ANYTHING but...I hope it gets all the multi-hit moves like Bullet Seed, Fury Attack, Rock Blast, and the like. I don't really see it getting Tail Slap, though. Hopefully they introduce a STAB move for its evolution that's multi-hit, which seems likely to me! Skill Link is definitely interesting. Keen Eye is out the window, I doubt anyone would use it over Skill Link LOL.

I don't have to worry about Rowlet because I'll never choose it, unless Litten and Popplio end up super ugly and Rowlet ends up better than them both. pls gf make popplio gud

I can totally see myself with an all Fairy team if they introduce Fairy/Flying and Fairy/Water to take care of HMs. And of course, if Popplio ends up Water/Fairy! But I feel like there's gonna be 40 Water HMs because the region is 99.5% Water. >:( So I feel like I'm gonna need more than one Water-type so Popplio doesn't end up as basically an HM slave. Dive, Waterfall, and Surf all gotta be taken care of. And yeah, I'm also gonna need a Flying-type if Popplio can't learn Fly, which...yeah LOL. BUT YES, ALL FAIRY TEAM IF THERE'S ENOUGH GOOD FAIRIES WITH GOOD SECONDARY TYPES AND THEY ALL TAKE CARE OF HMS. I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT. AND YOU ALL KNOW I'LL DO IT, TOO.

|||||||||

Yeah, Keen Eye is really just too situational; the only time people would pick it over something as useful as Skill Link is if they just hate Evasion spam that much. YES give Pikipek a Flyin multi-hit move pls. Preferably with a base power on par with Bullet Seed, I mean just imagine how awesome that would be.

Yeah, HMs are definitely gonna be a thorn on the side, but they could make HMs completely optional like they were in Gen 5 (save for probably Surf, which is a pretty decent Water-type attack anyway so I don't think there will be many complaints about one of the few combat-viable HMs being the only one we're forced to use), another option could be for them to do away with HMs entirely and introduce items that can function just like the HMs do... which hilariously enough was actually going to be the original plan in Gen 1. Though at this point in the franchise's history it's more than likely way too late to go that route...

It's great that Pikipek gets Bullet Seed to deal with Rock-types! Unfortunately, it's a physical move and Rock-types have high Defense...But with Bullet Seed hitting 5 times, it'll definitely do some damage! Fury Attack would be a good STAB move for Pikipek while it's a Normal-type, BUT PLS PLS DON'T STAY NORMAL MY DEAR BIRDIE. I just want a new multi-hit move that's either Flying or its secondary STAB (WHICH HOPEFULLY ISN'T NORMAL I CAN'T EXPRESS THAT ENOUGH), and not of a type that already has good multi-hit moves like Grass or Rock. COME ON GF, LET'S MAKE PIKIPEK OP BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES IT.

Man, I can't see them being like Gen V because of so much water...And I'd be super surprised if there weren't waterfalls and if Dive didn't come back, especially with the new mechanics ORAS added with Dive. Yeah, HMs will definitely cause some thorny sides...But I guess there's nothing we can do about that except have a couple of Water-types or HM slaves. And yeah, Surf is good by itself! Hopefully there'll be a good physical Water-type that can utilize Waterfall (and Dive, even though two-turn moves aren't really great)! And since Surf and Waterfall are good, I'd prefer them not have items. But please, if we're gonna have to Cut stuff and use Rock Smash, pls use items or make them TMs (or really buff them, like Cut having like an 80 BP and Rock Smash having a 60 BP with a 100% chance to lower Defense). And buffing Dive wouldn't be so bad, since it is a two-turn move. Like, it should have a 100 or so BP so it's actually usable.

Just please, if we're gonna have Cut and Rock Smash, all I'm asking is that they're TMs (or heavily buffed, which I don't see happening)...The others are fine, but CUT AND ROCK SMASH SUCK.

|||||||||

Even if Pikipek remains Normal-type (which I also hope it doesn't because it's gonna be a huge step down from Talonflame if it does) Fury Attack isn't that good of a STAB option even when fully powered by Skill Link: each hit by Fury Attack only has 15 BP, meaning that its maximum power is only somewhere around 75, which isn't terrible, but it's not excellent either; you'll be better off just using Return or Double-Edge if you want to damage stuff. Unless of course they buff Fury Attack's power to make it more viable. I hope they introduce more multi-hit moves because the only ones I can see Pikipek getting are Fury Attack, Bullet Seed and maybe Rock Blast; the others are unlikely because Pikipek lacks the proper anatomy to execute them (Double Slap, Tail Slap, Arm Thrust, Comet Punch) or just straight up make no sense for it to learn (Icicle Spear, Pin Missile, Bone Rush, Spike Cannon, Water Shuriken, Barrage).

Actually, if Cut was made a TM without giving it some sort of buff it would be even more worthless than it is now: it has low BP and doesn't even get the luxury of having 100% accuracy. It's so bad that frigging Tackle is a more viable and reliable move than it. What Cut really needs is an offensive buff, preferably a big one. Rock Smash too, but to a slightly lesser extent than Cut. Still needs the buff though, because Power-up Punch has the exact same BP but with a much better secondary effect. I certainly would like it if both Cut and Rock Smash got both a buff and removed from their HM statuses.

My (tentative) team so far

Popoki the Litten (Popoki is Hawaiian for "cat")
    Woody the Pikipek (after Woody Woodpecker, a classic American cartoon character famous for his iconic laugh)
    Wings the Butterfree (a simple classic name I have always used for Butterfrees since Gen 1)
    Lita the wonder Pikachu (Lita is/was Sailor Jupiter's English name in the old English dub of Sailor Moon)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

For me, it depends on what previous generation Pokemon are available. I always have Quagsire and/or Crobat if they're available, so I'll base my other choices off that. For example, if Quaggy can be caught then I'll go with Rowlet, if not I'll choose Popplio!! Aside from that I'm not really decided, I normally just make it up as I go along.