I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Amiibo Hunters Anonymous

(I'm surprised I haven't seen much about Amiibos here yet...)
    What are Amiibos?
    Amiibo (Japanese: アミーボ Hepburn: Amībo?, stylised as amiibo) is Nintendo's wireless communications and storage protocol, for use between compatible toys-to-life items and the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U gaming platforms. It was launched in November 2014 in the form of system software updates and a series of Amiibo-enabled figurines, colloquially abbreviated as "Amiibo figurines" or simply "Amiibo". These figurines are similar in form and functionality to that of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity series. The platform was preannounced to potentially accommodate any form of toy, specifically including general plans for future card games.[1][2] These toys use near field communication (NFC) to interact with supported video game software, potentially allowing data to be transferred in and out of games and across multiple platforms.

Amiibo can be used directly with the Wii U GamePad and New Nintendo 3DS series, and with an adapter for the rest of the Nintendo 3DS series. As of March 31, 2016, Nintendo reports that 35.2 million Amiibo have been sold, along with 28.9 million Amiibo cards.[3]
    Taken from Wikipedia
    So they're little plastic toys that can communicate with the game? What's the big deal?
    I am still trying to figure that out. But I have a lot of fun collecting them, and seeing my collection grow. That and they tend to sell out quick, and some become quite rare. I find it fun looking through the different shops and trying to hunt down the rarer ones.

Name/Nickname:
    Favorite Set:
    Most Prized Amiibo:
    Location: (Can be vague. I just figure it might be handy if you want people nearby to keep an eye out for one of them for you)
    Goal:

Current Members

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name/Nickname: Jacob/ Cobalt Shadow/ Cobalt/ The Operator/ Comatose/ Wisteria/ The Sexy Beast
    Favorite Set: Super Smash Bros for sure!
    Most Prized Amiibo: Probably Lucina, seeing as I spent ages trying to track her down!
    Goal:
    -Probably to complete the Super Smash Bros set before they go full price again. As it stands, they have an RRP of $17-18, but most places are selling them for $9-10, and a few Amiibos are even being sold by Target for $4. Not sure why, but I figure that I should get as many as possible from the SSB set before they return to full price. My current set would have costed about $330, but so far I've only paid $150.
    -Come up with some sort of cool display unit for them. Might build it myself. We will see...