Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extra Clever Earthbound Spirit Gef's Avatar
    Blehh, I'll just deal with the wand business when we get there. Or maybe I'll just give Silvia a grenade launcher, that'd work just as well right

Glad to see the first two teams are from the havens with a tight relationship. Because getting my characters in a tangle with those guys in not on either of our's priority lists...

Anyway, regarding Jyde & Heckle, I really just aged him up to make him more of an explicitly ancient dragon.

Could we get that list of slain legendaries now or are you intentionally saving it for later?

The Safehavens know for certain that Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Cresselia, and Landorus are dead. Certain other Legendaries have not been seen in a very long time.
    Lugia, the Kanto birds, Genesect, Cobalion and Keldeo, and Kyogre are determined to make their presence very known. Groudon, Jirachi, Diancie, and Meloetta sometimes pop up. A dark figure with smoky white hair, and a pink cat with piercing blue and red eyes are occasionally seen, and assumed to be legendaries.
    If other Legendaries are alive, and if they are alive where they are, is currently unknown.

yes, grenade launchers, there is no way this can go wrong!

Extra Clever Earthbound Spirit Gef's Avatar
    Haha!

But all the Regis dead? Not a good sign...

Regigigas is still alive. As far as the Safehavens know.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

As long as Shaymin is alive this RP has my blessing.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Shaymin is still alive.
    As far as the Safehavens know.
    My goal here is to strike fear and doubt into the hearts of everyone. :3

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Assuming I can even be bothered, I'm going to do something...Different here. The implications above do make it out that there are foreign lands beyond Kaelus, so I'm going to take that ball and roll with it.

I'll admit, backstories will be sparse this time. One's basically got no real past, while the other two are amnesiacs.

Team Name: ??? (unnamed)
    Safehaven: Cloudview Cliff (well they're the ones that they're closest to, anyways...)
    Designated Leader: ??? (none thus far)
    Very few leave Kaelus to the great blue Beyond. Fewer still enter it from outside, once they see the menacing red clouds guarding the region. Almost none have survived either way. It would take intense stealth training, sheer power, or incredible luck to cross the Bloodcloud Wall or the Oceans that Kyogre and the watery Legends so zealously guard. There are exceptions to this rule, but very few are recorded, and none recorded well, as if they are explicitly trying to keep hidden. None have known names; very few have their species and gender confirmed by any Safehaven; the only consistent facts are that none speak the native language of Kaelus, and none have aligned themselves with a Safehaven or any other form of civilization, not even a bandit camp. No set patterns exist amongst those rare few; they are the mysterious protectors, the strange watchers, and the most menacing of villains beyond the Legends all at once. Rumors are as myraid as grains of sand. Some have been seen eating the bones of powerful legends; some ARE legends in a mortal disguise; some are not even alive, spirits from another realm given form to haunt the lands; some work hand-in-hand with legends as their personal assassins; and some are beings beyond the scope of even the Legends, passing quiet judgement upon Kaelus and the Legends in kind. These rumors and more have been exchanged amongst the Savehavens, with no evidence whatsoever backing anything up. All that is known is that they speak an unknown language and they are not to be taken lightly in a fight-not everything is known to the Savehavens but language is a very rare constant, and things that get by the cage of the Bloodcloud Wall are either very powerful, very stealthy, or very lucky, and in all cases dangerous.

These guys are an unfortunate group of Foreginers, but for the most part, they are none of those things. At the very least, they are very few of those things. Some were sent as basically a form of execution, while others do not even know why they were on that boat; Yet, these impossibly lucky crooks, criminals and such somehow survived an otherwise-fatal occurrence in reaching the outer limits and thus having Kyogre devour their ship near-whole. They're not an official Scavenger Team...Yet, but they're set to break the 'mysterious stranger' trend. To a degree.

Name: Hyperion
    Species: Pidgeot

Appearance:
    Three inches shorter than the standard of his kin and certainly much thinner, his dishevaled, ragged looks tell a tale of poverty all to itself. His only clothing is a ragged buff around his neck, though why would he wear much else given it would interfere with flying?

Personality: He's a thief. He's the least likely of the three to give you anything-he's highly materialistic and follows the saying "The thief thinks everyone else is a thief" to a tee, very unwilling to give to people he precieves as cheating him out of what little he has. He is an absolute hoarder, making sure absolutely everything has its value and nothing is wasted if he can help it. He's not mindlessly attracted to the most obvious treasures, however; his mind is pragmatic, seeking food and currency before more unique, unknown items, and his preferred modus operandi is to accure everything through the path of least resistance FIRST, then escalate up in force if he must or find his mark elseware.

He is charismatic, to a degree: He talks in simple language and in simple terms, and only loosely understands higher class and may have to ask what some more extravagant words mean. However, he knows how to make simple words stretch an incredible distance, playing up his poorness and his lack of education as a charm. He did get a Ponzi scheme going for good reason; he can sound seriously trustworthy if he has to.

He is mildly claustrophobic. He dislikes enclosed spaces or places where he cannot fly too high. The Bloodcloud wall is massively annoying to him.

Backstory: Of the three, he's the only one to concretely recall his past, with no impediments of amnesia or the like getting in the way. It's mildly dull, however. He wasn't an exceptional individual, and while he does recall his past, it's a bit of a blur; how he picked up on his skills is all kind of hazy.

Living in a rural village since a young chick, he had no parents he knew of and thus named himself. For anyone expecting a riveting tale, however, he doesn't have much aside from the fact he was a big conman. His past was roughly "beg/steal/con people into giving him food, being chased, sleeping somewhere rather dingy," until he came up with the Ponzi scheme of the century. Convincing everyone that he could pay back three-halves of what they spent on his 'project,' he managed to carefully convince all of the village of his authenticity. That ended, however, when a rather affluent buisnessmon (who was very good at breaking schemes like this) came and figured out the con-and subsequently alerted authorities. By this point, he made tens of thousands of Poke, no mean feat for a low-level crook.

The ensuring attempt at escape and chase was perhaps the worst part of it all. He flew over the ocean and dropped it into what was revealed to be a Mystery dungeon. For all due intents and purposes it was gone forever. Enraged, and realizing the economic damage for the poor village was severe, they opted to put him on the jailboat sent here, a one way ticket to what he only barely cognized as his doom.

He was nothing more than a thief, though perhaps a more cunning one than usual. Perhaps this past will serve him well? Perhaps, better yet, he will learn new skills and become something more? Let's hope so.

Moveset: Quick Attack, Hurricane, Sand Attack, Double Team, Agility, Heat Wave, Ominous Wind, Thief. Everyone who expected the last one, raise your hand. Thank you, everyone.

Other: Ability is Tangled Feet. He's not really the leader just yet, but don't expect him to lead from the front as his forte is making sure things keep away from him and don't clip him; He can put some surprising levels of firepower out there if the need requires it, but he was never a real fighter, resorting to fleeing as fast as he can, using illusory copies, creating sand-screens to block out his view, and above all else avoiding conflict. Thief is just for desperate measures of close-quarters thievery he usually isn't keen on applying. As for his actual offensive: quick attack is only for more speed to get away from a situation, but Ominous Wind, Heat Wave and ESPECIALLY Hurricane are excellent deterrents and certainly make him seem far more powerful than he really is. A fragile speedster at his finest. Combat isn't his best forte, however: Aside from the expected scouting skill of a Pidgeot due to their natural internal compass and ability to fly for extended periods, Hyperion is also capable of MacGyvering up basically anything you need, making the useless useful and finding the best things he can. This includes food: He can cook, and perhaps not to gourmet standards, but definitely enough that whatever your eating can be safe.

Just never give him too much sugar. He really like sweet foods. Even sickeningly sweet foods.

Name: Pheobe
    Species: Braxien
    Appearance: Shiny in coloration, but otherwise pretty much the standard of her species. Her clothing is the most extensive of the lot, consisting of an actual skirt to go with her shirt, as well as a golden neckalce and an actual holster for her (other) wand.
    Personality: Serious, stern and direct, Pheobe tries to command more respect than she has. She isn't above being a girl when spectacuarly adorable things come around, but usually she is composed and reasonably serious in a calm situation...When things don't involve combat.

Sadly, she's never really ventured into a fight in her memory or otherwise and you can tell. She's not USELESS but she is unadjusted to fighting in any sense. She can do moves and attacks, yes, but she is ultimately inexperienced and rather ill-equipped to fight. Despite this, her raw power is staggering, ergo making her feel like she can't leave either as she'd be too much of an asset to her allies to lose. In other words, the mask of seriousness kind of breaks. She's just a teenager who's not ready for this level of responsibilty, but she has absolutely no choice and no other skills of value, and no other real allies.

Backstory:
    She kind of forgot a few details. She thinks she knew her parents, there were kidnappers involved in how she got on the ship, her skin is rather tender so she wasn't getting into scrapes like Hyperion and Oceanus...It's all blurry. She does concretely remember that Kaelus is a death world, and that her captain (unaware of this fact) was assuring her they'd take her back to...Wherever she came from. Beyond that, no clues. It's coming back slowly.

She has bad vibes regarding Oceanus but cannot pin them, and isn't about to stray far from the only real muscle the survivors have.

Moveset: Skill Swap, Snatch, Fire Pledge, Recycle, Shock Wave, Psybeam, Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp.

Other: Ability is Magician. She's pre-emptively telepathic (though not a Psychic type yet), which is really the only way any of these guys can communicate with any of you, as telepathy auto-translates for you, thank goodness. She also prefers fighting from the back, though she's genuinely powerful, she just prefers a support role...Unless she gets boosts through Snatch, anyways. She is the youngest and thus the most useless at close-quarters combat. She does, however, hold a Wand and Dagger and is the only one to use artificial weapons of the three. The Dagger is plain steel and of plain craft, but the wand is awfully decorative.

Name: Oceanus
    Age: Way to forget that, Oceanus. Your powers of Amnesia grace us all. He THINKS he's in his 20s.
    Species: Samurott

Appearance: A Machamp would be impressed at this body. Weighing in at 288.9 Pounds and moving at a height of 5'3 when on all fours (and over double that when upright, as there's got to be some way he could swing those seamitars), bulging with muscle and covered in scars from head to toe, and with his only clothing thus far being a raggedy shirt and broken shackles, you could get the impression that he was someone you shouldn't be crossing. His stares are absolutely intense. He doesn't otherwise deviate from the standard Samurott.

Personality: All confusion at his past aside, which is understandable given his newfound amnesiac status, his state of mind has left him seeking answers from anything, about himself and his situation. He asks questions of any sort and isn't afraid to be discorteous in the process if it means getting answers. In fact, he's not too intimidated by being discourteous, period. His manners are lacking in most qualities, with only a mild sense of thankfulness.

This is all when he is not near-losing his mind from combat. IN-combat, a facet his two teammates are thus far unaware about, he isn't a conscious mon. He sees targets and he seeks blood with a violent mind and absolutely no remorse. He will basically become the Terminator in every sense-an implacable object of destruction bent on making sure that you do not survive your fatal mistake, barring intervention. He roars indiscriminately and without real reason other than to roar, and such manners indicative of a pure-blooded berserker.

It's pretty obvious WHY he was on the ship mostly consisting of criminals, at least.

Backstory: IF he had remembered he'd be happy to tell you exactly what's up. But he can't. He's blanked. It's lucky he remembers his own language. He doesn't recall either of his two copatriots nor anything, and his name he just made up on the spot.

He's not entirely sure but he may have scarred Kyogre in the eye, and judging from the broken shackles he was definitely locked up tighter than the other two. That's about it.

Moveset: Shell Smash (its Tutored), Hydro Cannon, Megahorn, Razor Shell, Facade, Blizzard, Dragon Tail, Aqua Jet
    Other: Ability is Torrent. Oceanus'es style of fighting...Hasn't been tested yet, as far as he knows, but in case the moveset hasn't clued you in, his style of fighting can be summarized as a rampage. Not always a close-quarters kind of thing, and certainly he pumps himself up beforehand, but once he gets going...It would be wise to get out of his way. HE'S the heavy of the squad, at all ranges, surprisingly fast with Aqua Jet and utterly relentless, and that's not speaking of what happens when Torrent kicks in. Basically, there is no period wherein he's less dangerous, just closer to not being conscious, and he is sincerely a threat to everything in perhaps every way. He isn't a tactical fighter, sadly, and he is usually lost in adrenaline, to the point wherein stopping him might become hard.

He prefers his natural weapons (though in a Samurott's case this is rather justified) and is unlikely to pick up permanent weapons.

Other, overall: They arrived roughly 15 minutes prior to the start of the RP on the wooden leftovers of their wreck of a ship, and have all regained consciousness, gotten over the meet and greet, and have decided to travel together. They'll coincidentally intercept their newest allies in a sticky jam of their own rather than just walk to the Fractured Heaven Safehaven without formal induction and such, in case you were wondering. Ergo, no designated leader and no team name, as they're not a team and they don't have a specific leader. There may be a 4th member introduced when that occurs.

Also, none of them speak the language of Kaelus. They can understand each other perfectly but only through Pheobe's Telepathy can anyone of them understand the rest of you or a vast majority of NPCs. The other Foreginers are rare and I won't say the country they came from is the same as the other Foreginers either.

Hopefully this isn't gonna get shot down.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Hmmmm...

To start, you are right about there being other countries beyond Kaelus, and the Bloodcloud Wall. They are completely unaware of what is going on inside Kaelus, but they assume that it must be extremely bad. Speculations about what exactly is going on vary widely, all that is known is that the Legendaries are definitely involved, after being absent from the entire world for stars know how long.
    Kaelus and the rest of the world are around the same level, technology wise. However, the rest of the world was focusing mainly on technology to make life more comfortable, while Kaelus focused more on ways to survive, or weaponry against Legendaries.
    I hadn't considered Pokemon sending their criminals to Kaelus as a sort of jail or something, but now that I think about it, I actually kind of like that idea. It would be very, very hard to get past both either the Bloodcloud Wall or Kyogre, but I think the Bloodcloud Wall would be slightly more receptive to letting people in than out. Kyogre really wouldn't care either way, they'd attack anyone.
    I'm a bit iffy on the 'arrived 15 minutes before the RP's start' thing. I could try to think of some events to get the foreigners to the other teams, if you wanted. But maybe instead, the Cloudview Cliffs group was traveling along, met up with them, and decided to allow them to tag along with them to FHS? CCS would probably do that, they'd be the 'friendliest' Safehaven, I think.

At any rate, while this team is rather unconventional, I like them and they are quite interesting. I think I'll accept them. ^^

I think once Alphys posts their team, I'll start the RP. ^^
    Last edited by LKWayvern; 07-24-2016 at 02:21 PM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I promise I'm working on my forms! I'm just being a little slow about it because I'm trying to make it good. That and I have slight writer's block on this right now.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

It's okay, take your time. ^^
    I'm still working a bit on getting the personalities of certain Safehaven leaders and betas down. So I don't mind waiting longer.