Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO Club

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Existence View Post
    Greetings Poke Folks.

I've never even encountered a shiny. :P
    It can be incredibly rare. So I can understand the frustration. The only time I’ve ever found one was on a Community Day (excluding Pikachu) like Sarah said. It seems the chances are much better. I just found a Pikachu nest and caught as many as I could over the next few days.

I’m still hunting for a shiny Swablu though.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Existence View Post
    Greetings Poke Folks.

I've never even encountered a shiny. :P
    I haven't encountered one in GO. Don't worry!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It can be incredibly rare. So I can understand the frustration. The only time I’ve ever found one was on a Community Day (excluding Pikachu) like Sarah said. It seems the chances are much better. I just found a Pikachu nest and caught as many as I could over the next few days.

I’m still hunting for a shiny Swablu though.
    These community days do seem as though they carry the best chances, a friend of mine caught a shiny Charmander on one.
    I once encountered at least half a dozen Charmander on an average day and not a single one was shiny. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I haven't encountered one in GO. Don't worry!
    Glad I'm not alone.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah the only times I’ve encountered shinies were on like the event days. I have a butt ton of shiny squirtle (only one with sunglasses). But then the other days I only managed to snag a few. One shiny larvitar, two shiny wingull, and four shiny eevee.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Pikachu was the only one I got a shiny for outside of an event. Even durin these events it’s pretty rare to find. I could be starting from beginning to end and only get one shiny (that’s how it was for Eevee for me).

The time is upon us...

The only event Pokemon I have are the summer Pikachu (Raichu now) and Christmas Pikachu. The Christmas Pikachu might have been a weird fluke because it popped up January 3rd.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I've got a shiny from most of the community days, but that was catching with 30+ Pokemon. I'm not sure what the odds are. I was really glad to get a shiny Charmander. Not really a fan of shinies in general but I love shiny Charizard!
    GCEA

Administrator

Well finally xD. While waiting to go into work early in the parking lot the other day. I opened Go to see what was around. Had a Charmander, Squirtle, and an Oddish. I tried for the Charmander and what do you know....it was a shiny =D

The time is upon us...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well finally xD. While waiting to go into work early in the parking lot the other day. I opened Go to see what was around. Had a Charmander, Squirtle, and an Oddish. I tried for the Charmander and what do you know....it was a shiny =D
    I saw on my friend list that your latest catch was a shiny charmander! That's awesome! xD

I've been trying to hatch regionals. Must have hatched at least 20 eggs since the event started. So far I got a Farfecth'd (already had it from when it was available for 48 hours or whatever earlier in the year) and 3 KANGASKHANS!!! Which being in Aus, I already see 3458353 every day. The rest have been Alolan Pokemon, mostly Geodudes. I hate this event so much. T_T
    GCEA

Administrator

The shiny Charmander was a HUGE surprise xD. It’s stats are only “decent” in appraisal, but her. At least it’s a shiny aha.

Yeah this event hasn’t been the best. At least I’ve got Farfetch’d and Kangaskhan xD. Hopefully we get some big event for Ge4 soon

The time is upon us...