Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf @Soups

Episode 94: For Ho'oh the Bells Toll

"It's wonderful that Sakura's Eevee evolved..." Misty smiled as the group relaxed in one of the Pokemon Center's lounges a few days later. "I wonder how she's doing right now..."

"I'm sure she and Satomi will do great things." Ash smiled as Tintri hopped on his stomach. "After all, it takes guts to scare off Team Rocket!"

"I promised her that I'll think of her every time I play my vina." Brock mused as he watched the clouds pass by from a window near the couch he was lying on. "She did leave me a couple more tune books to practice with when I finally exhaust the first four books she gave me."

Just then, the group was snapped from their thoughts by an odd ringing sound far in the distance. "What's going on?" he asked as Nurse Joy and Chansey ran by.

"Something's going on at the Tin Tower!" Nurse Joy explained. "If you can find Morty, he'll tell you more!"

---------

That's odd...Ho'oh can't have returned...could she... Morty wondered before he spotted a young man in a purple and white outfit. "Who are you? What brings you to this sacred place?"

"My name's Eusine." the young man replied, smoothing back his pale brown hair as he spoke. "I heard rumors that a Legendary Pokemon was here, and so I came to investigate."

"Well, if you mean no harm to the Legendary that lives here, you may come with me to look." Morty replied as he motioned for Eusine to follow him inside the tower.

As the two men continued up the stairs, where Morty noticed that the hundreds of golden bells were resonating, making the clear ringing noise. "The bells are resonating...could that mean Ho'oh's here?"

He and Eusine gasped when they arrived on the next floor. "How odd--one of the sets of bells is missing!"

---------

"Swipin' dese bells was a great idear." Meowth smiled as he and his human companions admired their steal in a forest clearing. "Maybe now we can get some Legendary Pokémon."

"The story goes that when the bells ring, it's supposed to summon Ho'oh." James explained. "Shall we find out if it's more than a fairy tale?"

With that, the Rockets each took one of the golden bells and gently shock them, but no sound came. After several attempts, Jessie heaved a bell in the air in frustration. "RING!"

The bell landed on a rock with a CLONG! that echoed through the forest and into the city. After a few tense seconds, an eerie wind began to blow...

---------

"Stop! Tourists are not allowed in here!" Eusine called as the group arrived at the Tin Tower.

"What's happening?" Ash asked Morty as he met the group.

"Ho'oh must be nearby, since the tower bells only ring at that time." Morty explained. "Meet me at the Gym--I'll tell you more there.

---------

"The bells were recovered after Ho'oh burned the old tower." Morty explained as the group gathered at the Gym some time later. "They are are supposed to summon Ho'oh."

"Oh..." the group mused.

"In addition, the three guardian Beasts that roam Johto--Entei, Raikou, and Suicune--were also born from the flames, thunder and ice in the Burned Tower." Morty went on.

"I have seen Suicune--did it look like this?" Ash asked, pointing out a picture of Suicune in a children's book telling a folktale starring the three Beasts.

"LIAR!" Eusine screamed, startling Ash and Morty. "How can you possibly have seen both Ho'oh and Suicune?"

Ash was about to answer Eusine before Eusine demanded. "If you really have seen them, I demand a duel! If you win, I'll believe your claim."

"I don't see how a battle will prove to you I have seen Ho'oh and Suicune, but okay..." Ash replied. "If you really want to battle, I accept your terms.

"Very well...let me introduce my companion, Ananda!" Eusine announced as he sent out a mustachioed fox-like creature carrying a pair of spoons.

Ash decided to read up on the creature:

"Alakazam, the PSI Pokemon. Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result it remembers everything."

"Wow...I don't know if I can win this one...but I'm giving it my best shot!" Ash challenged as he put his Pokedex away. "Tintri, open with a Thundershock!"

"Morty!" a student called as he ran in the room, prompting Tintri to stay his attack. "Something's wrong at the Tin Tower!"

"What?" Morty led the way outside, where everyone saw that the Tin Tower was covered with webs!

"What happened here?" Misty asked as the group hurried to follow Morty to the tower. She gasped as a group of shaggy vine Pokemon Ash remembered as Tangela blocked the way, while some bug-like Pokemon with large mushrooms on their backs that the group remembered as Parasect fired clouds of green spores into the air!

"Quickly, back inside!" Brock called, leading everyone back into the Gym, where they could safely observe the carnage from the windows.

"The whole town is covered by webs..." Ash mused as he looked out on the city.

Morty's Gengar Rocko materialized before the group. [If ya like, I can head out dere and teach all these bugs a lesson.]

"We'd appreciate the help, Rocko...we have no other choice now but to break through the Pokémon." Misty smiled.

"Follow me!" Ash followed Rocko to the Gym's main entrance, only to be blocked by an advancing army of Parasects! But before the group could panic, Rocko fired a familiar orange beam of light, confusing their assailants. Thank you, Confuse Ray! Ash grinned as he led the group into the forest near the city.

---------

"Cyndy, burn down all these webs!" Ash commanded as he heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Help us clear a path through here!"

[Right!] Cyndy replied before heaving a Flamethrower at a well of webbing, creating a path forward.

Brock smiled as the group arrived in the clearing, only to find Team Rocket tied up with a bunch of webs. "Well, what have we here?"

Morty, meanwhile, did his best to tear away some webbing holding the bells, but some Tangelas blocked him, whacking his hand away with their vines.

Some Spinarak and Ariados came down and shot a String Shot at the group, prompting Misty to scream. "Ananda, we need help!" Eusine called, summoning his Alakazam.

He gasped in horror as a Tangela lashed Ananda with a vine, sending him flying. "Guys, stop!" Ash pleaded with the shaggy vine Pokemon. "We come in peace!"

He swallowed hard as a Tangela prepared to attack him. I hope I won't have to use my Swanna Song!

Ash braced himself as the Tangela's Vine Whip headed for him, but before the attack could connect, it bounced off a yellow-red-blue wall of light as three male voices sang a familiar song: Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...

"The Swanna Song?" Brock gasped, intrigued in the Pokemon fleeing as the three voices continued Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...

Katoradis favel siicletu edena...
    At this line a sparkling wind started blowing as the various Pokemon fled the area. <i>Emusto koron zen fine, si...[/i]

"Who could've been singing the song?" Misty wondered. "I heard three distinct male voices..."

Ash gasped as he recognized Suicune approaching him alongside the electric tiger Raikou and the flame lion Entei. We meet again, Young Master. Suicune smiled.

Jessie smirked as the three Beasts emerged. "Well, well, well..it's not every day that rare Pokemon like the three Beasts just come to us!"

She heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Arbok, let's go!"

We'll hold off these rogues! Raikou called as he unleashed a massive thunderbolt. Follow Suicune to the northern cliff!

"Okay!" Ash replied as he watched Raikou attack again, combining with a fire blast from Entei to cause a massive explosion.

---------

Over here. Suicune led the group to the top of a cliff overlooking the forest and the city. We'll be safe here.

"Thanks, Suicune..." Misty smiled as she embraced the beautiful blue Beast.

"And thank you all, for leading me to this golden opportunity to fulfill my dream of catching Suicune!" a voice sneered.

Ash whirled around to find Eusine arriving at the cliff. "How...how did you get here?"

"Never mind that..." Eusine sneered as he summoned his Alakazam. "You're not getting in the way of my dream!"

Ash watched as Alakazam fired a purple wave, which he figured was Disable. But Suicune conjured a pink aura he remembered as Mirror Coat.

Moments before Ananda could fire a magenta wave of Confusion, Suicune unleashed a loud Roar, forcing the Alakazam back into its Poké Ball."

Suicune! Raikou and Entei arrived at the cliff. Are you okay?

I am well--just had to deal with a rogue of my own. Suicune smiled before addressing Ash. Farewell for now, Young Master...we will meet again.

"Bye, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune!" Ash waved goodbye to the running Beasts as they disappeared into the forest. "And thank you!"

He gasped as a rainbow formed in the sky, and a stately female voice singing Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...

"Ho'oh!" Misty recognized the voice. "That's Ho'oh singing!"

Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis... the voice continued, ringing over the forest and the city, making the webs and damage heal in waves of shining rainbow light. Katoradis favel siicletu edena...
    Emusto koron zen fine, si...

---------

"There...the bells those hoodlums stole are back where they belong." Morty smiled as he hung the now repaired bells back in their place in the tower. "Although, I never dreamed I'd hear Ho'oh sing her Swanna Song." he admitted as the group departed the tower.

"Although, I wonder where Eusine got to?" Ash asked.

Morty just chuckled. "He's off searching for Suicune, and it will probably be some time before he finds him again."

The group laughed in agreement as they walked into the setting sun...

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 10-01-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf @Soups

Episode 95: Extreme Pokemon!

"I can't believe it--we've seen the three Beasts and heard Ho'oh sing the Swanna Song all in the same day!" Ash smiled as the group walked down the road to Mahogany Town. "It'll be hard for our next visit to Ecruteak to top both our visits!"

"I can hardly wait to see what will happen the next time we come." Misty agreed. "Or what's waiting for us in Mahogany Town..."

She was about to say more when an Arcanine with Gary aboard it dashed before the group. "Well, look who's poking along back here!"

Ash tried oh-so-hard not to lash out at his self proclaimed rival, who was now wearing a green Pokethlon jersey. "Where's your band of cheerleaders?" Brock asked--he remembered Gary having an entourage of cheerleaders with him every time the group met in Kanto.

"Doing a little shopping while I'm scouting the way ahead." Gary smirked. "I heard that there's a Pokethlon that's going to be taking place tomorrow at the dome not far from here--this explains the athletic duds.

"Well, I'm taking the Pokethlon challenge myself, and I plan to defend Ash's honor from all those times you thought he wouldn't amount to much!" Misty shot back. "He has accomplished more than you think!"

"If ya wanna test that theory, head on over to the dome and sign up--smell ya later, until tomorrow!" Gary grinned before dashing off down the road.

"Just when I thought we'd get one trip without running into Gary..." Ash sighed. "But you really think that you can beat his Arcanine with your water types?"

"Sure--water does beat fire, so if we were having an actual battle, I'd be more than happy to wipe the smirk off his face for you." Misty replied. "And I meant every word when I said I'd defend your honor--you are much more than he thinks you are!"

"Yeah, we've got your back!" Brock agreed.

Ash noticed Tintri was offering his bansi to him. "Oh, you want me to motivate Misty a little with a fight song?"

With that, he started a festive march-like melody dotted with high trills, which rang down the road as the group continued on their way...

---------

"Okay--this one is another Speed-type Pokethlon." Misty mused when she emerged from the dressing room in the Pokethlon dome the next day. "So it is Sango's time to debut, with Michelle and Pearl as the backups.

She went on "Since competitors on all three tracks are competing together this time, water competitors and air competitors will still compete in their element against those competing on land."

"Not sure how exactly that works, but okay." Brock replied as he consulted the Pokemon stat guide. "If Sango struggles, Pearl might be able to go toe to toe against Gary's Arcanine."

"It may be Sango's first time in the arena, but I'm sure we can win." Misty assured Brock as she started towards the competitor's entrance.

"Good luck!" Ash called before following Brock to the stands to get a seat overlooking the track, which was cut into different lanes for land, water, and air competitors.

"First up today is the Relay Run--Gary and his Arcanine are obviously the favorites, but let's see who Misty chooses." Brock mused as he looked over the list of competitors and their Pokemon in the Pokethlon program.

He balked when Misty emerged in a water lane aboard Sango some moments later. "She's using Sango? When Sango has never been used in a Pokethlon before?"

"I'm not so sure a Corsola can outrun an Arcanine, even in the water..." Ash swallowed hard as Gary and the other Pokethletes made their way on the track.

Misty flashed him a thumbs up as she and Sango paddled into position, as if to say "Just trust me, okay?"

"Ready?" the announcer called. As soon as the starting gun went off, Gary and his Arcanine raced out into the lead, but Misty and Sango were not far behind him.

"Maybe picking Sango was a good choice after all." Ash noted as the Corsola in the waterway inched closer and closer to the Arcanine on the ground.

As the clock reached thirty seconds to go, Ash noticed the Arcanine on the track and the Corsola in the waterway were neck and neck. "Come on, Misty!" he cheered. "You can do it!" Brock whistled in agreement as the Arcanine and the Corsola raced each other down the track for one last lap.

"Okay...third place managed 12 laps...." Brock reported as the results for the event appeared on the scoreboard. "Gary's in second with 15 laps..."

He smiled when he saw a 7 in the first place spot. "...and Misty edged him to take gold with 16 laps."

"She wasn't kidding when she said she'd defend my honor..." Ash mused as the track was cleared off, and hurdles were added in preparation for the Hurdle Dash.

----------

"Whoa!" Ash gasped as Gary's Arcanine sprinted out into a commanding lead, leaving Misty and the other Pokelethletes to jockey for the remaining spots, since first was a foregone conclusion. "Misty had no chance against Gary!"

"To be fair, Sango was also somewhat tired for competing in a racing event just before this..." Brock cautioned as he watched Misty break away from a Pokethlete riding a Pidgeot to make a distant third place, despite trying to catch up to the Lucario rider in second.

"Even with jumps involved, an Arcanine would easily overtake any other Pokemon, especially in a straight sprint." Ash mused as the rest of the field began crossing the finish line.

Brock watched as Misty crossed the line in third. "Even though Misty lost the Hurdle Dash, eventually Gary's Arcanine is going to tire, and assuming he doesn't have any backup Pokemon, Misty could rally to win the final event." he cautioned. "So don't count Misty out just yet!"

---------

"Okay...our final event is Capture the Flag." Brock reported has he and Ash found seats overlooking the Capture the Flag field. "This time, competitors on all three tracks will work together on the same field to find all seven flags first."

"Looks like Misty's going to use Michelle for this event..." Ash mused as he watched Misty and her faithful Golduck emerge onto the field and jog towards the START line.

"Great choice--she can run on land as well as swim in water." Brock grinned.

On the field, Michelle noticed that Gary's Arcanine was wheezing hard as he took his place at the line. [What's wrong with the Arcanine? Does Gary not have any other Pokemon for the competition?]

"Maybe he was just that confident in his Arcanine, he didn't feel like he needed a backup." Misty mused, waving to the boys in the stands. "Let's show him how having a backup or two can make all the difference!"

No sooner had the whistle blown to start the event, had Misty and Michelle taken an early lead, beating the Pidgeot to the red flag in a hollow tree, and snatching the orange flag from a pool. Gary tried to beat Misty to the yellow flag in a bush, but he got caught up in traffic, allowing Misty and Michelle to power ahead.

Ash noticed that Gary's Arcanine was tiring quickly. "Hey, Brock...sing 'Glory in Our Story' to cheer Misty and Michelle on?" he asked as Misty grabbed a green flag dangling in a ring, just as the song began to play over the speakers to pump up the crowd and motivate the Pokehletes.

"Sure..." Brock replied before leading the song. We all have a dream inside our hearts that we will follow to the end...
    When you make a wish upon a star, the power flows, inside of you!

Everybody listen to this song and sadness will just disappear! Ash sang as he watched Michelle grab the blue flag sticking up from the ground.
    My wishes, dreams and hopes go forth into the world...

Come along and take my hand, come with me for the ride, Brock sang as Michelle grabbed the indigo flag from a sand pit.
    Together we will step through the door
    And see the light shining from our own heavenly land!

As Michelle grabbed a purple flag from some vines, both boys sang Come with me and we will see the wonders of the world!
    All of the glory, is in our story!

As we make our way to heaven, take it step by step
    And get the glory, upon the great stage!

We can go anywhere, so long as we're together
    I truly believe it with all of my heart...
    they sang to urge Michelle and Misty towards the finish line, with Gary not far behind.
    The cards here in my hand,
    Show you the way...

Ash watched as Misty and Michelle were the first pair to cross the line as the song ended. "They did it!" he cried as the scoreboard displayed that Misty had edged Gary by half a second.

"A well earned win, no matter how narrow." Brock agreed as Misty waved to the crowd...

---------

"Nicely done." Ash smiled as the group departed the medal ceremony later that evening. "You really did defend my honor. Now you only need two more medals before the Grand Pokethlon!"

"I wanted to prove to Gray you are hardly the wimp he sees you as." Misty explained. "As I promised, this silver medal was earned defending your honor, and showing him you are no weakling."

Just then, Gary approached the group. "Hey...I admit I was too confident in Arcanine, but all the same, I had a blast trying out the Pokehlon, even though I lost."

"Oh, I've had practice on her Pokethlon journey, but I've got my eyes on the Grand Pokethlon!" Misty smiled. "Just as Brock has his sights on the Grand Lore Stage, and both you and Ash have your sights on the League."

"Point well taken...at any rate, I look forward to meeting you in the League, Ash." Gary grinned before departing.

Ash was stunned at how cordial Gary had been to him. "Wow...that's the first time Gary's been nice to me since before we left on our Pokemon adventures."

"Maybe he's starting to see that Pokemon is not all power and glory--and you're teaching him that with every encounter you have." Brock explained. "So whenever you two meet in the Johto League, I know it will be a match for the ages!"

To Be Continued...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf @Soups

Episode 96: Just Waiting on a Friend

"Geez, I can't see a thing!" Ash complained as the group did their best to try and navigate through a thick fog. "There has to be a way through h-AUUUGH!"

"I gotcha!" Brock dove to catch Ash, but ended up tripping on the same branch Ash had tripped on, sending both boys tumbling down a hill.

[Ash?] Tintri asked as he romped to the edge of the hill, where the boys struggled to get up.

"We're okay!" Brock called back as he eased himself to his feet. "Just a few scratches and bruises, nothing serious."

"That's a relief..." Misty smiled as the boys climbed back up the hill to the main road. "Let's just make camp for now--we can't go any farther until the fog lifts."

But just as the group started to build a camp by the road, a navy haired girl dressed in an elegant kimono approached them. "Are you lost, travelers?" she asked, petting the Ninetales at her side.

"Not so much lost, but frustrated we can't go anywhere in this fog." Ash replied. "Who are you?"

"My name is Lokoko, and this is my companion Tenko." the girl replied, petting the Ninetales. "Our house is not far from here--you can wait there for the fog to lift.

Misty, meanwhile, noticed a blue aura around Lokoko. "Is it just me, or is this Lokoko girl giving anyone else the heebie-jeebies?"

"It's not just you...no normal person has an aura around them." Ash noted.

"We would be honored to stay with you, milady." Brock replied, to Ash's and Misty's shock as they saw a green swirling aura form around his eyes. "Lead the way, and we will follow."

Ash swallowed hard as he and Misty followed Brock and Lokoko down the road. "I have a feeling that something's manipulating Brock...we have to find out what it is, and get Brock to snap out of it!"

----------

"Wow..." the group gasped as they arrived before a majestic pagoda-like mansion.

"It's beautiful..." Misty gasped.

"I'm glad you think so." Lokoko smiled. "Come--I have prepared lunch for you, if you're hungry."

"Am I starved!" Ash wasted no time in following Lokoko and Tenko to the mansion's ornate dining hall, where four places were set at the long and magnificent table. "It's like Lokoko was expecting us!"

"Please, have as much as you like." Lokoko assured Ash, stifling a giggle as Ash helped himself to the sesame chicken near his place at the table. "Just don't forget to eat your vegetables."

Ash sighed. "Yes, Mom..." he muttered under his breath as he added some broccoli and mushrooms to his plate.

"So, are you the only one living in this mansion, Lokoko?" Misty asked as she swallowed some noodles.

"Yes--the mansion was originally owned by a man named Eiji, who was Tenko's original trainer." Lokoko explained. "However, he left on a long journey and has yet to return. The other servants in the mansion eventually left for other places, leaving me and Tenko as the only ones left."

"I would love to stay here, and play for you, my Lokoko." Brock smiled, in spite of himself.

"I am sure you are a fine musician and storyteller--perhaps you can perform for us after lunch." Lokoko smiled in reply.

---------

In another part of the mansion, Kamon looked around in awe at the ornate decor. "These are some nice digs...I could get used to living here in style!" he smiled.

A stomach growl got his attention. "But first I need to find this place's kitchen...I'm starved!"

He quickly found a door on the left side of the hall and opened it, gasping in awe at what was inside. "Whoa...I've hit the mother lode of cookies! Guess I'll just have to eat dessert first for a change!"

---------

"Brock, please!" Misty pleaded as Brock and Lokoko continued to whisper sweet nothings to each other. "Snap out of it!"

"It's like he's in a trance, or possessed..." Ash noted the aura around Brock's eyes.

Misty suddenly noticed that Lokoko left no reflection in the room's mirror. "That's weird...do you think Lokoko's some kind of vampire?"

Just then, the doors to the cabinet suddenly slammed shut, as if pushed by an invisible hand. "WAUUUGH!" Misty yelped in fright. "C-come on, Brock!" she pleaded as Brock ran towards Lokoko to hug her. "We need to go, now!"

Ash and Misty watched in terror as Brock appeared to fall right through her body! "T-tenko, please, will you give Brock back to us?" she pleaded to the angry Ninetales approaching them.

"Yeah, Brock's our friend!" Ash frantically explained, a note of fear in his voice as Ninetales telepathically picked him and Misty up. "I know you want to play with him, but he's special to us too. Please, just let him g-AUGGGGH!!!!"

---------

"OOF!" Ash and Misty landed on the ground in the mansion's front yard seconds later.

"Talk about being needy..." Misty grumbled as she brushed the leaves and grass off of her. "Let's find a way back inside, and break the spell on Brock!"

"One step ahead of you--I found a back door that was unlocked!" Ash reported, leading Misty to a patio with an open door that lead inside.

"Good work, Ash!" Misty smiled as Ash led the way back inside. "Now to find a clue to break whatever's possessing Brock!"

"We could start with this room." Ash suggested, gesturing to a door leading to a large and opulent bedroom. "This had to have been the owner's bedroom..."

After going through all the drawers and closets for any clues, Misty spotted a portrait of the owner hanging above a desk. "Huh...the owner looks very similar to Brock, right down to a bow, some arrows, and a lute--which would be your ancient guitar..."

Ash, meanwhile, examined a strange green and red Poke Ball with gold trim on the desk. "This must be Tenko's Poke Ball, although it's not like any Poke Ball I've ever seen before..."

He also noticed a book by the Poke Ball titled "My Diary". "Hey, Misty...I found the owner's diary--maybe it should shed some light on this place..."

"Hm..." Misty mused as she and Ash perused the very detailed entries of daily life two centuries before. "This is actually kinda interesting--and way better than history class!"

"But what Lokoko told us earlier is true--Eiji mentions departing on a journey to see the world in the last entry, which was made on October 15, 1800..." Ash explained.

"...which was over 200 years ago!" Misty smiled, her suspicions confirmed. "If Lokoko has been waiting for the owner for 200 years, then she must be a ghost, just like we sensed before!"

"Well, that would explain the aura and her reflection not showing up..." Ash agreed as he followed Misty out to a patio overlooking one of the mansion's gardens, where Brock was playing one beautiful melody after another for Lokoko.

The two of them balked in surprise as Brock seemingly transformed into the majestic dull green, silver and gold kimono in Eiji's portrait and his modern guitar became a medieval lute. "Wait a second...Tenko is the one maintaining the spell on Brock!" Ash concluded when he noticed Tenko's glowing eyes maintaining the green aura around Brock's eyes.

He heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "River, use Water Gun to break the spell on Brock!"

Misty watched as River's attack missed Tenko, and passed right through Lokoko, snapping Brock from his trance. "What the...I was playing and singing for a ghost this whole time?" he fearfully gasped as his normal clothes and his guitar returned.

"You were being forced to, in spite of yourself." Ash explained. "Tenko really thought you were her master."

The group watched as the mansion itself began to decay, revealing that its grand appearance was just an illusion over a long abandoned ruin....

---------

"This way!" Ash called as the angry Tenko pursued the group down a hallway, ultimately cornering them in Eiji's bedroom.

Noticing the Poké Ball on the table, Brock picked it up and aimed it at the angry Ninetales. "Tenko, return."

Lokoko materialized in the room as Tenko went inside in a flash of sparkling green light. "I suppose you now know the truth..." she began. "I am actually an illusion Tenko created. Over 200 years ago, Master Eiji left on a great journey. Though he promised he would return in a month, he never did. Over time, the servants who worked in the mansion began to leave, each of them sadly bidding Tenko farewell, one by one until she was eventually left all alone. Though Tenko waited patiently, she came to realize that a century had passed; she knew her owner could not possibly still be alive. She tried to leave the mansion, but found that she was bound by some sort of power centered around her Poké Ball. Trapped in the mansion, she continued to wait, her power growing stronger and stronger as time passed. Then you came...and since you looked almost exactly like Eiji, Tenko decided to lure you here and trap you here forever, so you would be Tenko's new master."

Tears formed in Lokoko's eyes as she addressed Brock. "But I also know you are not my master, and were not meant to be here...please, do whatever you can to set Tenko free from this place..."

Suddenly, Lokoko disappeared as a net flew over Tenko. "What in the..." Ash gasped. "Don't tell me Team Rocket's here..."

"Nope, just me..." Kamon replied as he arrived in the room. "Although I do have a bone to pick with Miss Ninetales here for making me eat leaves!"

He then heaved some of his Poke Balls into the room. "Helena, Talavar, let's go!"

"Luce, cut Tenko free!" Ash heaved a Poke Ball skyward.

[You got it!] the Ampharos replied, delivering an electrified punch that broke open the net, while Tenko send back one of Helena's Shadow balls, knocking the Gastly and her master backwards.

"Talavar, attack Robin Hood!" Kamon commanded his Skarmory, pointing at Brock as he shakily got up. "Use Metal Claw!"

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Brock sang, to Ash and Misty's surprise.
    Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
    At this line, Brock's finger began to glow as rainbow energy flowed into it from the song.
    Emusto koron zen fine, si... As Brock's final E note echoed into the sky, he fired the blast of rainbow energy, shattering the ornate Poke Ball and knocking Kamon and his Pokemon to the ground.

Ash noticed Kamon struggling to get up as flickers of rainbow light criss crossed his body. "Luce, use Thunderpunch, quickly!"

"Thank you, Swanna Song!" Misty smiled as Luce's attack connected, sending Kamon and his team flying off into the sky with a ping...

---------

I cannot begin to thank you enough for releasing me from the spell that trapped me in the mansion, minstrel. Tenko smiled as the group prepared to depart later that afternoon. I will undertake my own journey now, as thanks. Where I will go, I do not know, but I will always hold minstrels like you in high esteem.

"I'll never forget you, either, Tenko--I promise I will write a song for you, and think of you when I play it." Brock replied, giving the majestic Ninetales one last hug.

"We're not mad at you, Tenko--you only wanted your master back, and Brock looks a lot like him, so I can understand why you would think he was your master." Misty explained.

That is true, but Brock has some talents my master did not--his skill at weaving tales, and his holy gift of the Swanna's Song. Tenko replied.

"Be safe, Tenko..." Ash knelt down to hug Tenko. "Wherever you end up going, don't forget us, okay?"

I promise. Tenko replied, just as Lokoko arrived on the path to meet the group.

"Thank you all for helping Tenko." Lokoko smiled as Tenko dashed away down the road. "I promise to let the Great Lord know of what has happened here."

The group waved goodbye as Lokoko disappeared into the sky. "Bye, Lokoko! Tell Arceus we said hello!" Ash called as he, Misty, and Brock waved goodbye...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 97: Talkin' Bout an Evolution

"I'm glad that Lokoko and her Ninetales Tenko are finally at peace..." Misty smiled. "Even if Tenko wanted to trap you in that old mansion."

"That was why I sang my Swanna Song to shatter her Poke Ball--to set her free from whatever power her Poke Ball had." Brock explained. "Besides, if she was going to take me, she'd have to take you guys too...because I don't know what I would do without you guys."

The three companions laughed at the comment, until a sniffle from Tintri got Ash's attention. "What's the matter, Tintri? You find that comment touching, or something?"

[Doe...I thig I'b cubbing down wid a code...] Tintri replied.

Ash sighed. "Don't tell me you caught that same bug Brock got..."

"That was just a little chest cold...this looks more serious." Brock replied, pointing out some sniffing Caterpies on a branch, a Rattata with its tail drooped, and a wilted Oddish.

"This is weird..." Misty mused as she noticed all the sick Pokemon. "Was some toxic waste dumped here?"

Ash hurried on through some underbrush and read a signpost overlooking a large lake. "The Lake of Rage...maybe something in the water's causing the Pokemon to get sick?"

Just then, a shining red Gyarados appeared from the water, surprising the group. "A Gyarados!" Misty gasped.

Brock noticed the shining Gyarados was about to fire a Hydro Pump attack at the three travelers. "Hit the dirt!"

The trio dove to the ground seconds before the Gyarados fired its attack, but the massive wave of water only splattered the surrounding vegetation. "Everyone okay?" Ash asked as he got up to see if the coast was clear.

He gasped when he saw a convoy of vehicles emblazoned with a familiar R insignia. "Oh wonderful...Team Rocket's here..."

"An astute observation..." a dull teal man in a shining silver suit sneered as he approached the group. He chuckled as he looked down on the group. "What are a bunch of kids like you doing here?"

Before Ash could answer, the man summoned a Fearow before the group. "Aethon, take care of these brats for me..."

"Who are you calling a brat?" Ash challenged before heaving a Poke Ball. "River, I choose you!"

[I can't...] River wheezed. [So tired...]

Ash watched in horror as the Fearow dove in to Drill Peck the weakened Marill, but moments before it could attack, he heard a familiar voice say "Tiamat, use Hyper Beam!"

"What?" Archer gasped as an orange beam connected with his Fearow, making it faint. "I'll deal with you three later..." he grumbled as he recalled his Fearow and ran off into the brush.

Misty smiled when she saw a familiar red haired man, a Dragonite, and Lyra approaching them. "Lance! It's been some time!"

"Yeah, and thanks for saving our skins." Ash smiled as Lance led the way into an alcove in the underbrush near the lake. "But, what are you and Lyra doing here?"

"We're here on a very important mission--stop the Rockets from taking over and/or destroying the world." Lyra explained. "Ethan's already in Goldenrod after they attacked the Radio Tower there, and as much as I wanted to help him, Lance offered for me to come with him while Ethan kicks the Rockets out of the WJTO tower."

"But what about the red Gyarados we saw before?" Ash asked. "I want to save it too!"

"No--I do not deny your skills have improved since I watched you battle in the Indigo League, but it would be too dangerous for you." Lance sternly replied. The Team Rocket members here are no ordinary grunts, but high ranking members. Not only that, but some of the admins are also present--in addition to Archer, Proton is here as well."

"Archer attacked us, so I'm gonna pay him back!" Ash vowed. "And save all the Pokemon here!"

"No is no is no is no." Lance growled. "While your goal is noble, just charging into the fray could potentially get you killed! Do you want to die having never achieved your dream of Pokemon Master? Your friends and family would be devastated!"

Ash was about to defend himself before he felt Lyra's hand on his shoulder. "Just let it go for now, okay? We'll find a way to save everyone without killing ourselves along the way."

---------

"Thank you for coming so quickly, Proton." Archer smiled as a younger man in a more ornate black Rocket uniform met him inside a campsite near the lake. "With your technical expertise, we should easily be able to capture the red Gyarados."

"I came as soon as I saw the Radio Tower raid participants were in place, and checked in with Petrel to see how the progress of the takeover is going." Proton smiled. "Ariana is on her way here, and should arrive tomorrow, barring any setbacks.

Just then, some movement on a security camera got his attention. "Oh ho, we have uninvited guests, do we?"

A "WAUGH!" and the clangs of iron bars sliding into place spurred Proton to check the trapped hallway. "Huh...seemed my little booby trap actually caught some boobies!" he chucked as he dragged Jessie, James, and Meowth into the room.

"Who are YOU calling a booby?" Jessie demanded. "We wear the R too!"

"Hey, Einstein! We're on your side, rememba?" Meowth protested.

"Of course I remember you three...bumbling along and always failing to even capture a single Pikachu." Archer smiled. "It's a wonder the boss even keeps you lugs around..."

"However, the boss did say there was a role for you three in this operation." Proton grinned. "But you have to come with us to see what it is you must do."

"It's a deal!" Jessie smiled. "I'd do anything for the boss!"

"Yes, now we can get the honor and accolades we deserve!" James was equally excited as he followed Proton and Archer outside.

---------

"Look, I know you want to rescue the Pokemon here and stop Team Rocket." Brock explained. "But just like we've gotten stronger since we kicked them out of Silph Tower, they've gotten stronger too. So when Lance says no, he MEANS no!"

"I know...but I can't just sit idly by and watch Team Rocket take over the world..." Ash explained.

Tears shone in his eyes as he turned his cap back. "Danger or no danger, I'm going to save the red Gyarados, and help Ethan, Lyra and Lance stop Team Rocket!"

Misty sighed--no amount of pleading, begging and threatening seemed to deter Ash. "Okay...if this is what you want to do, we're coming with you. Good friends stick together, no matter what."

---------

A pair of Rockets standing guard in the Radio Tower reception area went flying against a wall, thanks to a powerful Water Pulse from Dundee. "That takes care of the guards, now to head inside and clean out the other Rockets from here!"

[Remember what else Lance said?] Ellie reminded him as Ethan hurried down a hallway, scouring the different studios for Rockets or innocents.

"Yeah--the Rockets taking over the Radio Tower is connected to what's going on at the Lake of Rage, and we all need to do our part to help Lance, Lyra, Ash, and the others!" Ethan replied. "For now, we need to stay together."

[Look out, Rockets!] Dundee growled. [We're comin' for ya!]

"Well, if we find any innocents, we need to take them somewhere safe." Ethan reminded the excited Totodile. "We do know some personnel were inside the tower when the Rockets moved in."

---------

"Okay..." Lance explained as he lead Lyra to a dock, where a boat was about to set sail. "I 'borrowed' a few Rocket uniforms to get us on that boat undetected." he explained as he tossed Lyra a female Rocket uniform. "Two of the four admins are on that boat--our objective is to listen in to their little meeting, and find out what it is they plan to do."

"What if we run into Ash and the others?" Lyra asked as she changed into the uniform.

"All you have to do is take off the hat, and they'll see it's you." Lance assured Lyra as he emerged in the male Rocket uniform. "Now, let's go!"

---------

"At last...Project R is about to begin, but we need a couple of...expendable...grunts for the first part of the mission." Archer smiled as he and Proton met in one of the boat's opulent cabins.

"I have the perfect lab Rattatas for the job." Proton smiled as he gestured to the hall leading to the dining room, where Jessie, James, Meowth, and Sahana were stuffing their faces. "In exchange for lunch on the boss' dime, they get an important assignment: find the red Gyarados."

"Very good." Archer smiled as he noticed the Rocket trio finishing their epic meal. "Since those lugs are about done with lunch, tell them to meet us on deck for their instructions."

---------

"Oh boy! I'm gonna go a few rounds with da red Gyarados!" Meowth smiled as the trio's scouting dinghy was deployed from the main boat.

"Who said you were gonna be the hero?" Jessie demanded. "We all have a part to play in this!"

James was about to add his own retort when an angry red Gyarados began to swim in their direction. "I'm not so sure this was a good idea..."

As the trio of Rockets paddled as quickly as they could to escape the pursuing Gyarados, another grunt at a lookout tower fired a net gun, surrounding the red Gyarados, Jessie, James, and Meowth! "Okay, fire the Electro-Beam!" Proton called.

"Oh no..." was all Jessie could say before a powerful shock crackled through the netting, shocking the Gyarados, her, and her companions.

---------

"There it is!" Brock pointed out the boat approaching the shore with the red Gyarados in tow. "If we're gonna do something, this is it!"

"Luce, help us save the world!" Ash heaved a Poke Ball skyward.

"You too, Michelle!" Misty called, summoning her faithful Golduck on the shore.

Ash next held his Mega Ring to the sky. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang soon afterwards, creating a purple flash as both Ampharos and Golduck Mega Evolved together on the shore.

[This way!] Michelle led the way into the water. [You distract the Rockets, I'll try and tear the net open!]

[Right!] Luce smiled, firing a Charge Beam into the net, and shocking the Rockets even more.

Meanwhile, Lance and Lyra arrived in some underbrush, where Lance balked at the Mega Ampharos and the Mega Golduck desperately trying to break the net open. "What is Ash trying to do? Is he nuts?"

"No--once Ash has his mind set on something, good luck getting him to change his mind." Lyra explained.

"I have a bad feeling he's in over his head..." Lance mused. "Let's go and try to get him out of trouble before his dream of being Pokemon Master dies with him."

On the water, Proton noticed the two Mega Pokémon. "So we have two Mega Pokemon? That's nothing the Weakening Beam can't fix!"

So that's why all the Pokemon were getting sick... Ash thought as he watched Luce and Michelle's Mega Evolution wear off. It's because of a weird radar beam!

"Ah ha!" Archer's voice startled the group. "I'll let Proton decide what to do with you lot, but you won't be interfering with our plans this time!"

"Tell us what is going on here, and what you guys are going to do with the red Gyarados!" Ash demanded as he struggled to get free from a grunt's grip.

"Since you asked so nicely, I'll tell you lot." Archer smiled. "This mission is simply codenamed Project R, short for Project Reverse. You know well that some Pokemon shine with a different color, and that these shining Pokemon have been revered since time immemorial as gods and divine messengers."

He went on "It turns out that Gyarados also has another, different gene that can turn it red--what I like to call a 'reversed' Pokemon. When a Pokemon is reversed, they lose all sense, decency and reason, and go into pure unbridled fury. Pokemon that have been reversed may also appear shiny, but they're not. In the event they don't or can't turn 'shiny', they gain a red aura."

As Proton led the group away, Archer concluded "The aim of Project R is to force Pokémon into evolving or try to achieve the "reversed" state. This way, Team Rocket would achieve an army of evolved and above-average Pokémon at our disposal, and we could rule the world unopposed!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Ash defiantly screamed as Proton dragged him into a cabin that had been turned into an improvised jail.

Archer just smiled at the thoroughly charred Jessie, James, and Meowth as they stumbled on the shore. "Well done, you three---thank you for your work, but it seems the boss has other plans for you."

Inside the holding cell, Ash watched helplessly as a truck holding the Gyarados disappeared down a road. "It's hopeless...we've failed the world, we've failed our friends, and we've failed ourselves...."

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 10-12-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Previously, on "Pokemon Moonlight Silver"...

"Tell us what is going on here, and what you guys are going to do with the red Gyarados!" Ash demanded as he struggled to get free from a grunt's grip.

"Since you asked so nicely, I'll tell you lot." Archer smiled. "This mission is simply codenamed Project R, short for Project Reverse. You know well that some Pokemon shine with a different color, and that these shining Pokemon have been revered since time immemorial as gods and divine messengers."

He went on "It turns out that Gyarados also has another, different gene that can turn it red--what I like to call a 'reversed' Pokemon. When a Pokemon is reversed, they lose all sense, decency and reason, and go into pure unbridled fury. Pokemon that have been reversed may also appear shiny, but they're not. In the event they don't or can't turn 'shiny', they gain a red aura."

As Proton led the group away, Archer concluded "The aim of Project R is to force Pokémon into evolving or try to achieve the "reversed" state. This way, Team Rocket would achieve an army of evolved and above-average Pokémon at our disposal, and we could rule the world unopposed!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Ash defiantly screamed as Proton dragged him into a cabin that had been turned into an improvised jail.

Archer just smiled at the thoroughly charred Jessie, James, and Meowth as they stumbled on the shore. "Well done, you three---thank you for your work, but it seems the boss has other plans for you."

Inside the holding cell, Ash watched helplessly as a truck holding the Gyarados disappeared down a road. "It's hopeless...we've failed the world, we've failed our friends, and we've failed ourselves...."

"Come in, Blue Angel, this is Holy Dragon and Silverlight." Lance called on a radio as he and Lyra drove back to the Lake of Rage.

"This is Blue Angel..." Officer Jenny's voice crackled back over the car radio. "What's your progress on stopping Project R from going into motion?"

"Admin Archer and his cohorts have gone back to Mahogany Town to continue their studies on the Gyarados, over." Lyra explained.

"They have taken PokeMaster01, LadyCascade, and PewterSong prisoner, and are holding them in a cabin not far from the lake." Lance went on, using Ash's, Misty's, and Brock's preferred online screennames as codenames for them to avoid detection. "I'm sending Silverlight there to rescue them."

"10-4, Holy Dragon." Officer Jenny replied. "We have traced the Rocket hideout to an abandoned Pokemart in Mahogany Town--I have troops assembled in preparation for storming the base. Right now, we believe the Gyarados has been taken there--how they managed to fit it down there, we don't know, but we do know they are planning to experiment on it in hopes of perfecting their Evolution Inducement Ray."

"We can't have reversed Pokemon roaming free, and Ash, Misty, and Brock are critical to our stopping the Rockets." Lyra added. "Ash and Brock both know the Swanna Song, and who knows what would happen if the Rockets forced them to sing it?"

"I'll rendezvous with the troops as soon as I drop Silverlight off." Lance concluded the transmission. "Don't move in until I can get there with Bahamut and Tiamat."

"Roger, Holy Dragon--wilco." Officer Jenny replied. "Blue Angel out."

Lance turned to Lyra as the car arrived near the path leading to the cabin. "I'm going on to Mahogany Town to give the police their instructions for storming the Rocket hideout. While I'm away, I want you to rescue Ash, Misty, and Brock--lead them to that clearing near the Cheri tree, and I'll meet you there, okay?"

"Got it!" Lyra replied as she unbuckled her seatbelt and climbed out of the car. "Thanks for the ride!"

"Anytime." Lance smiled. "Try to keep Ash from doing anything dangerous."

With that, the car started back down the path to the main road. After waving goodbye to Lance, Lyra hurried inside the cabin. I hope they're still in here!

---------

"Who are you?" Ethan demanded as he spotted a young man with neatly slicked back purple hair in a Rocket uniform trying to bind and gag Buena. "Let Buena go, now!"

The man looked up at Ethan. "I knew there was an intruder in the tower...I am Petrel, and if you're looking for the brains behind all this, you found him!"

He heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Vampyr, let's go!"

Ethan smiled as a Zubat materialized in the room. "Dundee, use Ice Fang!"

[HAH!} Dundee leaped onto the Zubat and delivered an icy cold bite, sending it fluttering to the floor. "What?" Petrel gasped.

He grimaced. "I'll deal with you later..." he growled as he recalled his fainted Zubat and hurried out of the room.

Ethan, meanwhile, hurried to Buena's side and undid her bindings. "Are you okay?"

"I think so..." Buena replied as Ethan helped her up. "Thanks for saving me!"

"Officer Jenny already knows what's going on." Ethan assured Buena. "She's set up a safe area for any innocents in the square--I'm just doing my part to save as many innocents as I can, and kick the Rockets out of here!"

"Okay, good luck!" Buena smiled. "If you want an easy way to tell an innocent you're a friend, the password is 'help'!"

---------

"Let us out!" Ash screamed as he banged against the cell for what seemed like the millionth time.

"I'm surprised that didn't wake the Rockets up..." Brock smiled as he noticed Jessie and James dozing against the hallway leading into the holding area that served as their prison, with Meowth purring on Jessie's lap.

"Seems they've fallen asleep on the job." Misty agreed. "If we're gonna get out of here, now's our chance!"

[What's this about getting out?] Tintri asked as he woke up with a yawn. [Has someone come to save us?]

"Well, I was wondering if you could break down the door with a Thundershock..." Ash suggested.

He winced as Tintri's spark barely reached the cell door. "Still too weak to do any damage..."

"Hey..." he heard a familiar voice call. "Did someone ask for a rescuer?"

"Lyra!" Ash smiled as Lyra unlocked the door and started giving back the group's bags and gear. "Am I glad to see you!"

"Lance told me to come rescue you." Lyra explained as she undid the chains binding Ash's hands. "If the Rockets happen to wake up, I have my team to help."

"Nobody's rescuing ANYONE!" Jessie's voice made Lyra jump.

Ash grabbed the first Poke Ball he could find as Jessie and James summoned Arbok and Weezing to chase them. "Cyndy, use Smokescreen to distract the Rockets!"

[HAH!] Cyndy eagerly fired a large plume of white smoke at the Rockets, buying the group and Lyra time to escape into the grassy underbrush.

"Thanks, Cyndy!" Misty smiled at the Cyndaquil before jumping to avoid a Poison Sting from Arbok.

"Arbok, wrap up the twerps!" Ash heard Jessie call as Lyra led them to the meetup point at the Cheri tree.

"Bahamut, use Thunder Wave!" he heard Lance call as Lyra dove into the clearing.

Once sure the group was safe, Lyra summoned Hana. "Hana, use Razor Leaf!"

Ash heaved a relieved sigh as Hana's attack sent the Rockets flying. "Which one's Bahamut, and which one's Tiamat?" he asked as Lance arrived with a slightly larger Dragonite.

"Tiamat is slightly smaller." Lance replied. "Female Dragonites, like most dragon Pokemon, are smaller than the males.

"Where is Tiamat?" Misty asked.

"She's helping Officer Jenny and the force raid the Rocket hideout--we need to meet them back there." Lance explained as he led the group and Lyra back to the car parked on the road by the tree. "We have to destroy the Evolution Inducement Ray before the Rockets can use it to reverse the world's Pokemon!"

He pointed at a strange satellite device far off in the distance. "Bahamut, use Hyper Beam to destroy the Evolution Inducement Ray once and for all!"

"Not so mighty now, are you, Rockets?" Lyra smiled as the sparkling orange beam destroyed the satellite device with a massive explosion.

"Let's head to Mahogany Town and help with the raid." Lance suggested as the group climbed in the car...

---------

Back at Team Rocket headquarters, a red haired lady in a glittering white executive's uniform answered the phone at her desk. "Hello?"

"Ariana, we have trouble at the base!" James frantically explained over the chaos as the police force moved in to the Mahogany Town hideout, supported by Lance's female Dragonite, Tiamat. "The Evolution Inducement Ray was blown to smithereens!"

"We need a 50-man backup, and--!" was as far as Jessie got before Ariana hung up the phone in frustration and disgust.

"They ask for a 50 man backup...they can't even properly command five grunts." Ariana muttered as she got her office in order and started for the heliport on the headquarters' third floor. "If you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself..."

---------

Lance panicked as the Evolution Inducement Ray wore off on the Gyarados, causing it to thrash around and making the helicopters carrying it crash into the water. "I dread to know what an angry Gyarados would do to a land vehicle...." he mused as he found a safe place to pull over. "It's too dangerous to drive any more--the Gyarados could damage the road!" he warned as he shut the car off. "Let's continue following it on foot."

"Got it!" Lyra called as she followed Lance down the road with the others not far behind.

"Stay together!" came Lance's next instruction over the rumble of more Rocket helicopters and vehicles arriving.

Misty swallowed hard as she watched the Gyarados start to charge a familiar blue watery beam. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

"WAUGH!" Ash yelped as he jumped to avoid the Gyarados' Hydro Pump.

"Ash..." Lance began. "A reversed Pokemon won't listen to reason, no matter how impassioned your pleas are. The only way to break Team Rocket's control over them--even only for a few moments--is the Swanna's song."

Brock balked at this. "You know the Swanna Song too?"

Lance nodded. "It awakened for me because of my deep bond with my dragons--although this is the first time I've ever had to sing it."

"So, if Brock knows it thanks to his strong bond, I know it thanks to my bond with Tintri and meeting Legendaries, and you know it thanks to your bond...why don't we try singing it together?" Ash suggested.

A smile formed on Lance's face. "An excellent idea, if a little risky--the power drain may actually be worse due to more people singing it. But as no one knows for sure what happens when multiple people sing the song, it's a risk I'm willing to take to save the town and millions of innocent lives."

He motioned for Ash and Brock to form a circle and join hands. "Okay...I hope to Arceus this works." Lance began.

With that, the three performers began. Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
    Emusto rozen fine el balaziis...
    As this line, a rainbow aura formed around Lance, Ash, and Brock, racing through their joined hands and creating a ring of light.

Ariana, meanwhile, watched in awe as the rainbow ring expanded over Mahogany Town, protecting it from the Gyarados' own Hyper Beam. "Okay! Everyone follow the Gyarados!" she commanded the hundreds of Rockets following her. "I'll deal with the rogues who've messed up our grand plan myself!"

"We have to save the Gyarados!" Ash called as he motioned for Misty and Brock to follow him down the road in hopes of overtaking the Rocket brigade. Even though he and Brock were tired from their earlier performance, their desire to save the world had given them a new burst of strength.

"Are you sure...you want...to do that?" Lance asked, wheezing from exhaustion at singing the Swanna Song. "After...you've sang...the Swanna Song?"

"How convenient..." a familiar voice sneered, startling Lance. "Maybe now that the mighty dragon tamer has sung his last song, he'll be more easily destroyed!"

"Archer!" Misty gasped as Archer and Ariana cornered Lance in the grass.

Lance grimaced as he watched Archer summon his Fearow, and Ariana summon a Vileplume. "I won't...be beaten...so easily!" he wheezed as Bahamut and Tiamat landed beside him.

He looked over at his Dragonites. "Bahamut, Tiamat, use Ice Beam!"

Brock watched from the brush as both Dragonites fired a familiar blue-white beam, immediately defeating both Rocket Pokemon. "Good choice of move, there..." he smiled.

"Good riddance..." Misty agreed as she watched Officer Jenny arrive to read Archer and Ariana their rights...

---------

"Ellie, Tackle the Raticate!" Ethan commanded. He had been locked in battle with Petrel inside the Radio Tower's master control room for more than an hour, but thanks to his Phanpy, he had gained the upper hand.

[HAH!] Ellie's attack sent both Petrel and his Raticate flying into a pile of boxes, raining reels and tapes on top of them.

Once sure Petrel nor his Raticate were going to be getting up, Ethan located the Rocket transmitter and heaved another Poke Ball skyward, revealing a Beedrill. "Sting, break the transmitter!"

As the transmitter broke in half with a shower of sparks, Officer Jenny arrived in the room. "Well done, Ethan--you were very brave to take on a Rocket admin." she smiled as her partner read Petrel his rights.

"I was just doing what I had to do to keep the region and its right to free expression safe." Ethan grinned, enamored in Dundee's victory dance as he did his best to clean up the damage the battle had caused.

"Well, now that three of the four admins are in custody, I'll go with you to assure any remaining innocents that the Tower is secure, and all is well." Officer Jenny offered.

---------

"We have to do something!" Misty yelped as she dove to avoid a volley of Hyper Beams, which left craters on the road leading to Mahogany Town.

"The Gyarados is heading straight for the center of town, so if you want to do something, do it now!" Brock agreed before rolling to dodge another Hyper Beam.

Gatrandis favel, secret--! Ash started to sing, but was forced to jump out of the way of another Hyper Beam.

"What good will singing the Swanna Song again do?" Misty demanded as the group collected themselves in the brush. "That will only tire you out even more!"

"I wouldn't rule it out completely..." Lyra cautioned. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

"Ilsa, use Ice Beam!" The group watched as an older man summoned a beautiful white seal Pokemon, who fired a blue-white beam that froze the Gyarados in its tracks. "Pokémon and humans are not meant to be friends, and it's putting you all in danger." he muttered to the group as he departed back into the town.

"But that's not true..." Lyra sighed.

"Is it over?" Ash asked, changing the subject.

The sound of ice cracking startled the group, but Brock noticed the Gyarados was going in the opposite direction! "We have a shot at calming it!" he called as he watched Bahamut and Tiamat fly to engage the angry Gyarados.

Misty motioned for Ash to come closer. "Ash...this is gonna sound nuts coming from me, but think you can try to get off a second Swanna Song?"

"I think so..." Ash replied. "I've recovered a little from my performance with Lance and Brock."

"When I give the signal, I want you to jump in the air, and sing the song--you should be within firing range of the Gyarados." Misty instructed.

She watched as Tiamat paralyzed the Gyarados with a Thunder Wave. "Now!"

Ash nodded, and made a flying leap towards the water. Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
    Emusto rozen fine el balaziis...
    As this line, rainbow thunderbolts began forming in Ash's hands, giving the lake an otherworldly glow.

With that, a wave of rainbow thunderbolts went flying at the Gyarados, defeating it once and for all as Ash fell into Misty's arms, exhausted...

---------

"I have to admit, Ash, using your Swanna Song a second time was a very brave move." Lance smiled as he climbed aboard Bahamut. "I want to thank you all for saving Johto...and the world."

"It was an honor to help, Lance." Lyra smiled as the townsfolk cheered for the heroes that had saved their town, the region, and the world.

"Yeah..." Ash smiled. "I'd do it all again if the world's ever in trouble!"

"What's next, we get our own TV show?" Misty smiled, making the crowd laugh as she gently nudged Ash.

Even Lance laughed at Misty's joke. "I'd definitely watch it...I have to return to the League, and inform the other Elites what has happened here."

"Bye, Lance!" Ash waved goodbye as Lance, Bahamut, and Tiamat took off to thunderous cheers. "Fly safe!"

Just then, Lyra's PokeNav buzzed. "Hello?"

"Hi, Lyra--Ethan here." Ethan began. "The Radio Tower is safe again....everything clear on your end?"

"Yeah!" Lyra smiled. "You missed Ash raining rainbow thunderbolts on an angry Gyarados!..."

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 99: As Cold as Pryce

"That was some party!" Misty smiled as the group made their way into the Mahogany Gym foyer a few days later.

"Almost like the party Saffron threw for us after we kicked out the Rockets in Silph Tower." Brock agreed as the group passed a sign on the hallway walls. "But this was Silph Tower multiplied by at least ten."

"Here's hoping we don't hear from the Rockets for a good long time." Misty grinned. "Last I heard, Proton and our favorite Rocket trio are on the run, the other admins and a whole bunch of other Rockets are in custody and awaiting trial..."

Ash, meanwhile, was pondering the sign on the wall. "'The Teacher of Winter's Harshness', huh..." he mused as the group emerged onto the massive skating rink dotted with ice floes that served as Mahogany Gym's arena. "Hello? Anyone here?"

"If you three are looking for Pryce, he's up in the mountains." a brown haired woman replied as she brought out a Zamboni to clean the ice. "He goes up to the mountains every morning to meditate under a waterfall."

"Can you take us to him, miss..." Misty started before realizing she had not asked the woman's name.

"Shelia, please." the woman replied as she put the Zamboni away. "If you want to see Pryce, you can come with me--I know his route well."

"Okay!" Ash led the way back outside, making sure not to lose Shelia as she led the way up the mountain path.

The group did not, however see Kamon following them in the forest underbrush....

---------

Ash balked when he recognized the old man peacefully meditating on a mountain overlook. "The guy who saved us on the bridge--that was Pryce!"

"We meet again, brash young singer of the Swanna Song." Pryce mused, seemingly in a trance from his meditation. "It would be pointless to battle you, because your emotional bonds with your Pokémon have dulled your senses."

"That's not true!" Ash pleaded. "We have a strong bond because we love and trust each other!"

A pop of a Poke Ball got his attention. "If you can beat Ilsa, you will get your wish for a match in the Gym." Pryce offered as his Dewgong materialized on a patch of snow.

Ash, meanwhile, decided to read up on his opponent:

"Dewgong, the sea lion Pokemon. It has an aerodynamic shape that allows it to swim at great speed. The colder it gets, the more active it becomes."

"This'll be too easy..." Ash smiled before heaving a Poke Ball skyward. "Cyndy, let's go! Start with a Flamethrower!"

"Ilsa, use Water Pulse!" Pryce commanded.

"What?" Ash gasped as the shining wave of water knocked his Cyndaquil into a snowdrift. "How could THIS happen?"

"Dewgong is also part water in addition to ice." Pryce explained as he turned to leave. "If you want to try again, meet me further up the mountain."

"But...I still want a Gym match!" Ash protested as he hurried after Pryce.

"Wait!" Shelia called after Ash. "It's dangerous to go into the mountains alone!"

---------

Ash hurried as fast as he could, desperate to find Pryce, and try again to defeat him. He didn't even notice that he had lost Tintri in his rush to follow Pryce.

"Ah-ha!" a voice called as he neared the edge of a cliff, startling him. "I finally found you, Wonder Boy!"

"Kamon!" Ash growled when he saw Kamon held Tintri.

"You idiot! Why are you trying to forcibly steal someone else's Pokémon?" Pryce scolded Kamon as he approached Ash, Kamon, and Tintri. "You should be ashamed of yourself, you red haired punk!"

Kamon just calmly summoned his Golbat. "Nightwing, use Smokescreen."

The resulting white plume the Golbat heaved obscured the cliff edge, sending Ash, Pryce, and Tintri over the cliff...

---------

Ash spotted Misty, Brock, and Shelia in the fog. Pryce may be a cynical old guy, but I still have to help! He is the elder of this place!

With that, he held his Mega Ring to the sky. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

"That had to be Ash's voice!" Brock gasped as he and the girls saw a flash of red light and ethereal feathers, followed by Pryce, Ash, and Tintri landing on Mina's back.

"Kamon must've used an attack like Smokescreen, but it also obscured the edge of the cliff." Misty mused as the Mega Pidgeot triumphantly soared overhead, then spiraled downward. "Since they didn't know where the edge was, they fell."

"There's a small gully leading to the canyon floor--we can look for them there." Shelia offered, pointing out the gully in the distance.

In a makeshift camp, Pryce mixed together a variety of peppers and healing herbs as Mina's Mega Evolution wore off. "Here you go, Miss Pidgeot...I'm sure Mega Evolution must be exhausting for you..." he smiled as he offered the concoction to the exhausted Pidgeot.

He then looked over at Ash. "I will thank you for how your Pokémon reacted under duress, Ash...but that as close as you are with them, you must retain strict discipline..."

---------

"Shelia?" Misty asked as she and Brock followed Shelia down the cliff. "Why did Pryce become so mean and cynical? Did something happen that made him forget about what it really means to love?"

"Well, in his younger days, Pryce used to love his Pokémon." Shelia explained. "Because he treated his Pokémon so coldly, and he favored the Ice type, people started calling him 'Icy Pryce'."

As she, Brock, and Misty met Pryce on the cliff floor, Pryce spotted an old leg bracelet with elegant patterns on it. "That bracelet...is that the bracelet Manny once wore?"

"Who's Manny?" Ash asked as he emerged from the camp.

"Pryce once had a Piloswine named Manfred, or Manny for short, that one day just vanished without a trace." Shelia explained.

"Manny and I were in a national tournament against a Magmar once, back in my youth." Pryce explained. "In the heat of the match, the Magmar's attack went out of control, and both me and Manny were both badly injured."

"Oh my..." Ash gasped.

"One night, Manny just left the snowbound cottage we were recovering in, and I never saw him again." Pryce paused to brush away a tear. "This broke my heart--I never wanted to befriend another Pokemon again, out of fear I would lose them too."

"But what if we were to find Manny again?" Ash wondered as he and Pryce made their way into a cave covered in a thin layer of ice nearby the camp. "Would he still remember you, and remind you about what it means to love again?"

"I doubt it--it's been so long I fear he has forgotten me." Pryce sighed.

Just then, a large brown shaggy figure frozen in a slab of ice got Ash's attention, so he decided to identify it with the Pokedex:

"Piloswine, the swine Pokemon. It is covered by a thick coat of long hair for enduring freezing cold. It uses its tusks to dig up food that has been buried under ice."

He whistled to get Pryce's attention. "I found Manny!"

"What?" Pryce hurried over to the slab of ice, and smiled when he recognized the shaggy mammoth Pokemon inside. "By Arceus in heaven, it IS Manny!"

He noticed some leaves hanging from Manny's tusks. "Aloe vera...a plant long revered for treating burns..."

"Manny never abandoned you in the first place--he probably got trapped in here after looking for medicine to help you." Ash explained.

With that, he heaved a Poke Ball skyward as Tintri hurried to try melting the huge ice slab. "Cyndy, help Tintri revive Manny!"

Pryce watched in awe as little by little, the Cyndaquil and the Pikachu tirelessly worked to free the mammoth Pokemon in the ice.

When Tintri shocked away the last chunk holding Manny's feet some hours later, the shaggy mammoth spotted Pryce, and let out a happy bellow. "Manny!" Pryce cried as he rushed to embrace his companion. "I missed you so much!"

He smiled, giddy at being reunited with his long lost partner. "You've done well, Manny...you can rest now."

"What does that do?" Ash asked as Manny curled up on the cave floor to take a nap.

"Rest allows the user to take a nap for two turns. This fully restores the user's HP and heals any status conditions." Pryce explained. "If the user is holding the Eterna Tourmaline, the Z Crystal holding Psychic power, all of the user's lowered stats are reset, as well."

Manny waking up with a yawn snapped him to attention. "Come...your friends and Shelia are waiting outside...I'm sure they are worried sick about you after that tumble you took."

---------

"Ash...thank you for showing me that Manny never forgot me, and my cynicism was unfounded." Pryce smiled as the group returned to the Gym later that afternoon. "Thanks to you, I understand what you mean when you say you have a strong bond because of the love and trust you have in each other."

He smiled for what seemed like the first time in a long time. "Will you forgive me for giving you the brushoff before? In the throes of my sadness, I pushed you away, when you were only trying to help...and I'm sorry."

"Of course I forgive you." Ash smiled. "Besides, a wise man once said that it's always better to forgive and forget."

"That is true." Pryce grinned. "For bringing back Manny to me, and reminding me about what it truly means to love, you've more than earned a match here...we battle in the morning!"

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 10-19-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Senior Moderator

Episode 100: Nice Pryce, Baby!

The sun shone down on the Mahogany Town streets, illuminating the group arriving at the Gym. "Oh, good morning, all." Pryce smiled as he brushed Manny's fur. "Let me finish Manny's morning brushing, and I'll be with you shortly."

"Okay!" Ash replied as Pryce tossed away a wad of loose Piloswine fur from the specialized hairbrush he was using to brush the huge shaggy boar Pokemon.

"In the meantime, you can go on inside and make any preparations you need to." Pryce added.

"All right!" Ash led the way inside the Gym foyer, his heart racing with excitement at earning another Badge.

"Ash...a little advice before your match." Misty offered as the group walked down the hallway leading to the arena. "Both of Pryce's Pokemon you have seen have a secondary type besides Ice--Ilsa, his Dewgong, is also part Water, so don't be afraid to use Tintri against her if Cyndy goes down. Manny is part Ground, so have River on standby too, if you can."

"Remember that Pryce is a veteran trainer who has trained Pokémon for longer than all three of us combined." Brock cautioned as the group arrived in the skating rink-like arena, which now had gold and silver lights on the ice. "So he's not going to hold anything back!"

---------

"All right, here's how this will work..." Pryce began as he stared down Ash and Cyndy on the Silver side of the arena. "Two of your Pokemon against two of mine--whoever defeats both, or has more life in the event of a stalemate, is the winner. Any questions?"

"Not really." Ash replied as Cyndy flared her quills in excitement.

"Okay!" Shelia announced, signaling the match was about to start. "Three...two...one..."

Misty watched as Pryce summoned his Dewgong Ilsa to face Cyndy. "I'm not so sure sending a Fire type against something that has both Ice and Water powers is the best idea..." she mused as Ilsa tried to batter Cyndy with Water Pulse.

"Using Cyndy is a bit of a double edged sword..." Brock explained as he watched Cyndy heave a Flame Wheel at Ilsa. "Cyndy does have an advantage against Ilsa since she is part ice, but also a disadvantage, as she is part Water. Ash is also at at a disadvantage, because he is having to face his opponent on an icy battlefield."

On the arena floor, Ash got an idea as Cyndy leaped away from an Icy Wind. Maybe, if I forced Pryce to lower his defenses...

He did not, however, expect Ilsa to come barreling at him in an attempt to Headbutt Cyndy! "Cyndy, use Swift, and fast!"

[Not today, Miss Snow Queen!] Cyndy taunted as she fired a wave of shining stars at Ilsa, preventing the majestic seal Pokemon from getting close to her.

"Good work, Cyndy!" Ash smiled. "Now, knock Ilsa back with a Flamethower!"

[HAAAHHH!!!!] Cyndy cried as she unleashed a wave of flames that melted a small hole in the middle of the battlefield.

Pryce was unusually calm as he watched Ilsa go flying onto an icy boulder. I see... he silently mused as he recalled the fainted Dewgong. This is more than youthful cockiness...Ash really and truly believes in his Pokemon, just like Manny and me.

He turned business-like again as he readied a new Poke Ball. "Manny, let's go!"

"I knew Manny would be in this battle..." Ash mused as the shaggy boar Pokemon materialized before him. "Be on your guard, Cyndy!"

"Manny, start with a Blizzard!" Pryce commanded.

[WHOA!] Cyndy cried as the whirling snow and biting cold wind sent her flying against the Silver safety barrier. [Ash...I'm s-sorry...] she shivered as she fainted, overpowered by the massive attack.

"Y-you d-did y-your b-b-est, okay?" Ash assured Cyndy, shivering all the while as he retrieved Cyndy's Poke Ball. "Return."

He mustered all his strength to make a T signal with his hands, getting Shelia's attention. "Here...this should keep you warm." she assured Ash, wrapping a thick fur blanket around Ash.

"I didn't expect that the battle would turn this cold..." Ash smiled, a little embarrassed at having to call time out to warm up.

"You're not the first trainer that needed a blanket during the match, nor will you be the last--that's why we have millions of them to give to visitors." Shelia assured Ash.

She then announced "Sudden Death! With each side having one Pokemon apiece, each trainer will battle with their oldest, most reliable Pokémon!"

Ash looked over at Tintri, who peeked up at him through the blanket. "Let's do this, bud."

[Yeah!] Tintri smiled as he darted out onto the ice to face Manny.

"Manny, keep using Blizzard!" Pryce called, signaling Ash's time out had ended.

Misty peeked out from the blanket Brock had packed, noticing Tintri's valiant efforts to fight the bitter wind and whirling snow as Blizzard after Blizzard battered the arena. "It's a wonder Tintri can even stand up!" she mused as she gratefully accepted a thermos filled with hot chocolate from Brock.

"This is Tintri, here...he has yet to let Ash down." Brock assured Misty as the snow from the onslaught of Blizzards subsided some moments later, leaving behind some icy pillars on the arena itself.

Ash, meanwhile, noticed that the ice pillars had gaps just large enough for a Pikachu to fit. "Tintri, I have an idea...can you try sliding under those pillars to get underneath Manny?"

[I'll give it a go!] Tintri replied, dashing across the ice, and using the momentum to easily slide under the icy pillar!

"What?" Pryce gasped as Tintri easily wall jumped and slid from pillar to pillar, unfazed by the howling wind and snow as Manny fired Blizzard after Blizzard. "Use Blizzard on the whole battlefield!"

"You're almost there!" Ash called over the wind and snow. "Your electric attacks can't hurt Manny, so try Disarming Voice!"

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... came Tintri's tiny voice over the bitterly cold wind. The reddish pink sound waves caught Manny by surprise, sending him sliding into the Gold safety barrier.

Pryce looked over at his Piloswine. "You're doing well, Manny...you've earned a little Rest."

Ash panicked as he watched Manny go to sleep. "Tintri, use Quick Attack before Manny heals!"

[AUGH!] Tintri yelled as Manny intercepted his Quick Attack with a Take Down, pinning him to the ice. Ash then watched in horror as Tintri was attacked four times in a row with Fury Attack, the barbs acting as stakes to hold the Pikachu helplessly in place.

"Do you understand now the unrelenting fury of the ice?" Pryce asked Ash as Tintri struggled to get free. "I, too, have seen and suffered much in my life, but through it all, I managed to keep trying...so what will you do now?"

"I did not come this far just to give up." Ash retorted. "I will rise like Moltres from the ashes, better and stronger than ever!"

He smiled as Tintri popped free from the ice seconds later. "Tintri, use Quick Attack to counter Manny's Fury Attack!"

[HAAAAH!!!!!] Tintri screeched as he wove around the second wave of Fury Attack barbs and rammed Manny in the nose, sending the massive boar Pokemon sliding back. But as the Piloswine charged to use Take Down, Tintri jumped on Manny's face and slammed into it with a Brick Break. The force of Tintri's attack created a huge hole in the ice.

"Now's your chance!" Ash called as Manny went tumbling in the water. "Try Disarming Voice again!"

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Tintri sang again, only for everyone to balk when the sound waves didn't appear to faze Manny.

[Oh no...] was all Tintri could say before frantically trying to dodge another volley of Fury Attack, slipping around the arena all the while. The Fury Attack barbs caught up with him some seconds later, pinning him to a wall near the Silver safety barrier.

"Don't give up! Disarming Voice!" Ash called.

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Tintri sang again, the recoil of the sound waves sending him sliding backwards. He was exhausted, true, but he was not about to give up. I will win this battle, or die trying!

Pryce noticed Tintri's tired, but determined face. "I will humbly forfeit the match--Tintri is far stronger than even Manny."

"Silver therefore wins the match via TKO!" Shelia announced, to cheers from Misty and Brock.

"What do you mean?" Ash was confused. "Does that mean I didn't actually win?"

"No--I love your strength and resolve." Pryce explained. "You gave more then a heroic effort--that, and I didn't want Manny to get hurt."

He went on "I was also impressed by your prowess--you clearly know what you are doing, and can adapt to fit the situation. With your strong will, I know you will overcome all of life's challenges."

He offered Ash a pale blue badge with an outline of a snowflake inside. "You are truly worthy of this Badge!"

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 101: Some Like it Hot

"I can't believe it--only one more Badge to go!" Ash smiled as he admired his newly acquired Glacier Badge, which had joined the other six on his vest. "I want to earn my last Badge while I'm still on fire!"

"My skin's going to be the only thing on fire at this rate..." Misty complained as she wiped away some sweat from her brow.

"Well, we are in an area with a lot of volcanoes and hot springs, so I can't help you there." Brock assured Misty, making her groan in frustration. "Just drink plenty of water and Pokenade, and you should be fine."

"Come on...being hot isn't that bad!" Ash grinned.

"I will admit the sun's nice at the beach, but this is too much..." Misty groaned.

"It's actually pretty nice..." Ash mused.

"I'm surprised you can tolerate this inferno!" Misty snapped. "Don't come crawling to me when you melt into an Ash-ameoba!"

"I am NOT gonna turn into an ameoba!" Ash shot back. "You get used to hot temperatures the more you're in them!"

[And here they go again...] Tintri grinned at Ami as he watched the "is not-is too" fight erupt.

The argument came to a screeching halt when both Ash and Misty spotted a gooey snail-like Pokemon crawling past them. "What's that?" Misty was intrigued.

<b>"Magcargo, the lava Pokemon. Its brittle shell occasionally spouts intense flames that circulate throughout its body."</b> the Pokedex explained as Ash showed Misty a picture of the lava snail before them.

"We must be in a prime area for Slugma and Magcargo..." Brock noted as more Magcargo slithered by, some of them with glittering purple lava.

After checking his map, he reported "The good news is, we're close to a cool spot, so if you'll follow me up that small fork on the left, we can cool off."

"I'm gonna take a shower so cold, it'll freeze the bathtub!" Misty eagerly led the way up the small path...

---------

"So much for that cold shower..." Brock sighed when he noticed a dozing Magcargo in the center of the path, blocking any one from entering or leaving the area.

Ash marched up to the Magcargo. "Hey, go find somewhere else to take a nap! We need to come through here!"

He did not, however, expect the Magcargo to heave a Flamethrower at him. "WAUGH!!!"

Once sure the fire had cleared, Ash stormed up to the Magcargo. "What was that for? All I asked was for you to let us through here, you didn't have to attack us over it!"

"I think you only made it angrier..." Brock cautioned as he noticed the Magcargo charging another volley of flames.

"Hit the deck!" Misty led the group behind a rock as the Flamethrower attack went flying...

---------

"I think we can come out now...that Magcargo went back to sleep." Brock reported as he peeked out from the rock some time later to find the Magcargo sleeping again.

"Just you wait...you're getting the shock of your life!" Ash muttered.

"Let me handle this...." Misty offered, snapping Ash from his angry mood. "A Fire type like Magcargo is weak against a Water type--you should know this by now!"

With that, she heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Michelle! Go wake up Sleeping Burny over there!"

Once the sleek blue duck Pokemon had materialized on the ground, she walked over to the dozing Magcargo. [Um, excuse me? Can you maybe find a new place to nap?] she asked as she gently nudged the Magcargo's shell.

Misty smiled when she saw the Magcargo wake up with a yawn. "Ami, use Water Gun to really give Sleeping Burny a wake up call!"

She gasped in horror as the Magcargo immediately withdrew into its shell to avoid the water. When it came out of hiding some seconds later, it started heaving rocks down the hill in Ami's direction.

Ami, meanwhile, skillfully danced around the rocks that tumbled down the hill. [Missed me!] she taunted.

She did not, however, see the Flamethrower attack coming for her! [OWWWWW!!!! HOT!!!]

"You call sending a little mouse against an evolved Pokemon good battling?" Misty heard a male voice nearby. "Maybe you ought to rethink your strategy!"

Misty whirled around to see a auburn haired boy approaching the group's nook. "My strategies are perfectly fine, thank you!" she shot back. "A Marill is stronger than it appears!"

"Really?" the boy countered. "Then I should be able to jump down from the cliff with no problem!"

The group watched as the boy attempted jumping down to a lower path, but ended up landing flat on his face. "Oww..." he winced as Brock hurried to check him for injuries.

"Not so high and mighty, are you, Mr. Cliff Leaper?" Misty sneered.

"Oh yeah? Come at me with something stronger than a mouse and a duck!" the boy shot back.

He sighed as the Magcargo from before crawled away. "Oh, now look what you've done! Now I have to chase after that Magcargo!"

Misty sighed. "Can you at least tell me your name? Otherwise I might call you something you're not gonna like!"

The boy smiled "The name's Egan, the Prince of Fire."

"Okay then, Egan...I am Misty, the Water Princess!" Misty shot back.

"A princess, huh? Let me know if you need any rescuing, I think the red plumber and the green swordsman are busy." Egan smirked.

"I DON'T need any rescuing!" Misty shot back. "Just because I am a girl does not mean I am a prize for you to win!"

The two of them then said to each other at nearly the same time "If you're going to insult me like that, I challenge you to a duel!"

"Love to, but can't--gotta keep looking for that Magcargo." Egan replied as he hurried off, leaving Misty behind to stew...

---------

"Ooh, that Egan..." Misty grumbled as the group continued along the path. "First he called Ami and Michelle weak, and then implies I am a delicate flower in need of rescuing? News flash, I am perfectly capable of rescuing myself, thank you very much!"

Just then, Misty and the boys spotted Egan coming out of a cave. "Hey, did you guys see that Magcargo anywhere?" he asked.

"Nope--all I saw was a cocky young trainer." Misty smirked.

Egan was about to fire off a retort to Misty's barb when the Magcargo emerged from a nook and started crawling across the rocky path. "There it is!" he called as he summoned a Flareon. "Mirasol, let's go!"

Ash watched as the Flareon engaged the Magcargo. "I see...whenever a Fire type like Flareon uses Flamethrower, Magcargo will then use Withdraw, in hopes it can eventually counter with its own fire, like what it did to Ami before..." he mused, trying oh-so-hard not to laugh at Egan getting more and more frustrated by every missed attack.

"Good, now you get it!" Misty smiled before she saw the Magcargo about to use Body Slam. "Mirasol, watch out!" she called, hoping that the Flareon would listen to her.

"You stay out of MY battle, Miss Priss!" Egan snapped. "Mirasol, use Fire Spin!"

Brock winced as the Magcargo knocked the Flareon down. "That had to hurt..."

"Egan, please listen to me!" Misty pleaded. "Mirasol can't take too much more--call her back and retreat for now. Sometimes the better part of valor is discretion!"

"No, I'm really close!" Egan replied. "Mirasol, try Flare Blitz!"

Misty sighed as the Magcargo countered Mirasol's flames, sending her flying backwards. "I TOLD you she couldn't take much more..." she sighed as she looked down at the swirly eyed Flareon at Egan's feet.

"But you were butting into MY battle!" Egan protested.

"I was trying to help you!" Misty shot back. "You were pushing that poor Flareon way too hard!"

"I didn't need or WANT your help!" Egan countered.

A referee's whistle diffused the impending fight. "If the two of you have a problem that needs resolving, we can talk it out civilly over lunch." Brock suggested.

"Ooh, good idea!" Ash smiled. "I'm starved!"

---------

"Hey...I'm sorry I implied you were a prissy princess earlier..." Egan confessed as he set aside the plate containing the remains of his sesame Combusken.

"Well, I'm sorry I said all those nasty things about you too." Misty replied. "I think we both let our pride as trainers get the better of us..."

"I feel horrible for pushing Mirasol so hard back there..." Egan sighed. "She is very special to me--I hatched her and raised her from an Eevee all by myself."

"Really?" Misty smiled. "I love all my Pokemon that much as well...so what say we stop playing 'better-than-you' and try to be friends? All this fighting's just gotten us nowhere!"

"Sure..." Egan replied. "Can I ask you why you love Water types so much?"

"Okay...music analogy time..." Misty began. "In addition to playing classical opuses, a humble violin can also play folk tunes, jazz, the blues, and even rock n' roll if its performer wants to. Water Pokémon are the same way--they are very flexible, and can easily adapt to any situation."

"Hm..." Egan thought for a moment. "I never thought of Water types that way before..."

"To continue my musical analogy, a good Pokemon and trainer relationship should be like a well performed duet." Misty went on. "The harmony shouldn't overpower the melody, but adapt according to what the melody is doing. Likewise, you shouldn't push Mirasol hard, but adapt your tactics according to what your opponent does."

---------

Later, the group and Egan located the Magcargo sunning itself on a path. "Remember--Mirasol is your melody, and you are the harmony--don't overpower her by pushing her." Misty reminded Egan as he sent out a newly healed Mirasol.

The group braced themselves as the Magcargo sent another wave of rocks at the tiny Flareon. I am the harmony and Mirasol is the melody--let's unleash the song of my heart!

He called "Mirasol, dodge the rocks and use Flamethrower!"

"Keep it up!" Misty cheered as the Magcargo withdrew into its shell. "You're doing great!"

"Come on, Egan!" Brock cheered as Mirsol next used Double Team, then lashed her tail at the Magcargo. "You can do it!" Ash whistled in encouragement as Mirasol unleashed a Flare Blitz, knocking the weakened Magcargo backwards.

The group watched as Egan heaved a Poke Ball at the Magcargo:

One...

Two...

Three...

"He did it!" Ash cried when he saw the Poke Ball's center dim some seconds later.

"And without burning out Mirasol, either." Brock smiled as he proudly dropped the Poke Ball containing the Magcargo in Egan's hands. "Here you are--you've more than earned this Magcargo."

---------

"I have to say, you're not too bad a person, Misty." Egan smiled as the group prepared to depart that evening. "No matter what your quest is, Warrior Princess of the Waves, the Fire Prince will be cheering you on all the way."

He offered a hand to Misty. "Friends?"

Misty smiled as she accepted Egan's hand. "Friends. Although, maybe we should have a friendly match the next time I'm here."

"You got it!" Egan smiled as the two new friends embraced...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 102: Same Old Song and Dance

"I hope your friendship with Egan grows as close as the two of us." Ash smiled as he led the way down the road.

"He's not too bad a person." Misty smiled. "I hope he remembers my lesson about the duet..."

She noticed Brock retrieve a box from his bag as the group stopped to make a temporary camp. "What's in the box?"

"Costumes...in case I want to dress up to tell a particular kind of story." Brock explained as he started a campfire.

Once sure that some meat was simmering above the fire, he opened the box to show his friends the costumes inside. "This one is my most used one..." he explained as he showed Ash and Misty a festive and frilly mariachi suit, complete with a sombrero and Poke Ball maracas. "The persona that goes with it is named Seńor Alegria--Mr. Joy or Mr. Happiness, in case you don't speak Spanish."

"Only Spanish I know is 'hola'..." Ash confessed.

"Musketeer costume..." Brock next showed off an elegant blue and white swordsman's costume with silver trim and a matching blue cape. "Left over from when I played one of the musketeers in the school play one year."

"I would do anything for you, Misty, and me to be the Three Musketeers!" Ash smiled.

"Yeah..." Misty proceeded to grab a stick to stand in for a sword. "All for one, and one for all!"

"I can probably teach you guys some stage combat--a must if you're putting on 'The Three Musketeers'." Brock smiled. "The persona that goes with this one is named Dorian LaMaire, and he specializes in adventurous and romantic tales."

Just as he was about to show off his next costume, he noticed Ami running towards a bush. "What is it, Ami?"

[Someone's here!] Ami called. [Come look!]

The group followed Ami through the brush until they came to a small clearing, where they saw a purple haired girl in an elegant lavender dancer costume dancing with a pair of small puffballs similar to Jigglypuff. "Aw, how cute!" Misty smiled.

Ash, meanwhile, read up on the tiny puffball Pokemon. "Igglybuff, the balloon Pokemon. It likes to sing but is not yet good at it. With praise and encouragement, it will get better little by little."

He was about to complement the girl when he noticed Jigglypuff approaching. "Not today!" he grinned as he snatched away Jigglypuff's mic and stashed it in his bag

The girl, meanwhile, noticed the group. "Oh, hi! Were you maybe coming watch the show?"

"What show?" Ash asked, oblivious to Jigglypuff slapping the two Igglybuffs with Doubleslap.

"My show, Miracle Day." the girl smiled. "My name's Brittany, and these two..." She proceeded to rescue the Igglybuffs from Jigglypuff. "...are my two partners--Bella and Luna."

"We'd love to contribute to the show, but we don't have anything prepared..." Ash confessed.

"That's okay!" Brittany assured Ash. "I don't mind if you just watch from the audience...."

---------

Meanwhile, Team Rocket watched from the brush as the group and Brittany got to know each other. "Aw, how cute!" Jessie gasped when she saw the two Igglybuffs romping in the grass.

"Jus' tink of da show we could put on wit dose two little guys..." Meowth mused, inspired by a stage set up not far from the clearing.

He imagined Jessie and James as tap dancers dancing with the Igglybuffs as the four admins and Giovanni looked on. "Whateva act ya do wit'em, it would be a hit!"

"Well, if you're so sure we need an act, let's get the two little puffballs, then think of our act!" James suggested as the Rockets huddled to discuss their plot.

---------

Here we go, off the rails
    Don't you know it's time to raise our sails?
    It's freedom like you never ever knew...
    Brittany sang as she and her two Igglybuffs danced to a prerecorded jazzy melody on the stage later that evening.

Don't need bags, or a pass
    Say the word, I'll be there in a flash
    You could say my hat is off to you...
    She winked at Ash at this, to the cheers of the audience. Ash, meanwhile, just meekly tipped his hat as thanks, all the while trying to hide his embarrassment.

"What can I say? This has a hot beat!" Misty smiled as she swayed in her chair to the beat of the song.

"Brittany clearly loves doing this--I can sense it in every word of the song." Brock agreed.

Just as the song reached its first chorus, a crash startled the audience as the music suddenly faded out. "Team Rocket!" Ash gasped as sure enough, Team Rocket arrived on the stage.

"And now for our next act, we're gonna make these two puffballs disappear!" James announced over the boos from the audience. But the boos turned to coughs as Weezing used Smokescreen to distract the audience.

Misty wiped the smoke from her eyes. "Hey Brock...think you could use your mariachi singer as a cover while we go rescue Brittany's Igglybuff?" she asked.

"Sure!" Brock offered. "I'll even show off my other costumes and my Lore Stage material too!"

With Brock occupied changing into costume, Ash led the girls towards stage right into the brush. "Once we make sure Brock's covering the show, we'll follow the Rockets' route...got it!"

"Right!" Misty and Brittany replied.

He watched as a bright piano melody kicked off a tropical melody as Brock danced out onstage in the mariachi costume, the audience laughing and clapping all the while as he sang:

La-la-la, la la la, it is so wonderful!
    La-la-la, la la la, letters of love and joy!
    La-la-la, and it is, la-la-la,
    And it is...

OH! MY LOVELY ONE!!!

Oh yes, I understand...
    I fall in love so easily...
    My heart has been broken...
    Too many times to see...
    Yet there is, too little space
    For me...to get back up again!

And even if they think of me...
    As someone much too carefree...
    And even if they make fun of me...
    Laughing at my foolish deeds...
    Follow the dream, just for me...
    My dream is alive!

Come on now, la-la-la, it is so wonderful!
    La-la-la, la la la, hear the word's beautiful sound!
    La-la-la, and it is, la-la-la,
    And it is...

My lovely one...

The audience cheered as Brock danced on the stage. "Brock's got the audience entertained, let's go find Bella and Luna!" Ash called as he motioned for the group to follow him into the brush.

"Are you sure he can keep them entertained that long?" Brittany was unsure.

"Sure, I'm sure--he knows millions of songs and stories!" Misty smiled as onstage, Brock emerged in the musketeer costume from earlier to start his first story of the afternoon.

---------

"The first tale I want to share with you comes from long ago, when the seven regions of your world were but four kingdoms with differing names." Brock, now in character as Dorian Lamaire, began as he lightly strummed a mysterious melody on his guitar. After playing the song for a while, he continues. "Of the four ancient kingdoms, the strongest was the kingdom of Esta and the weakest was the kingdom of Tei. However, the kingdom of Tei proved it was strong in another area--an event immortalized in a tale called 'The Emerald Suicune'."

The guitar stops for a moment as Brock asks "Perhaps you would like to hear the tale?"

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" the audience cheers in reply.

Brock smiles and plays some more as he begins "Once an official in the royal court of Tei bought an exquisite statue of a leaping Suicune from a traveling merchant. When she took the statue to have its value determined, the appraiser was amazed! He said to the official..."

He switches to a slightly nasaly male voice. "This is no ordinary statue you have brought me, good lady--this is none other than the legendary Emerald Suicune! I have seen many fine stones and statues, but never before have I seen a statue carved entirely from fine emerald like this!" Some children laugh at the voice Brock is using, so he continues in character as the appraiser. "It is said the Emerald Suicune glows in the dark, keeps where it is placed cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and even repels bugs!" Some of the children laugh again as Brock continues as the appraiser. "Be sure and keep it safe, this is a beautiful and priceless treasure!"

As himself, he continues "Well, word spread quickly through Tei, and before long, the news of the official's find reached the royal ears of the king. The king was piqued, and sent word to the official that he wished to see the statue. But the official was afraid that the king would take the emerald Suicune from her, and spent all that night pondering whether she should flee the kingdom with the statue during the night. But one of her guests, a young man named Kaitou, pulled her aside and said to her..."

"That would not be wise, good lady." he fills in Kaitou's dialogue in a mimic of Ash. "His Majesty would hunt you down for sure, and you would lose both the statue and your life. Try this...go to the king and offer the statue to him as a gift."

He begins a regal melody as he continues "And so, the official brought the emerald Suicune to the king and presented it to him as a gift, just as Kaitou had told her to do. The king as so pleased with the statue's beauty, he had the official promoted to chamberlain."

After playing a tense interlude, he goes on. "Some time later, the king of Esta heard that the king of Tei had received the emerald Suicune, so he called his magistrates before him and said to them..."

He switches to an older version of his "someone's in trouble" voice. "We are the strongest kingdom, so we should have this priceless statue for our own! Send word to the king of Tei that I wish to buy the emerald Suicune from him in return for fifteen towns."

He switches to a higher pitched male voice and feigns surprise. "Fifteen towns?"

"One magistrate gasped..." he interjects as himself.

"That is far too high a price to pay for a statue." he fills in more dialogue, making some children laugh.

Brock switches to his "older king" voice again. "Of course not...once the envoy from Tei brings us the statue, no one will even remember the fifteen towns, and what will Tei do about it if we do nothing?."

As himself, he continues "the king replied. The magistrates were pleased at their master's plan, and immediately sent word to Tei. When the king of Tei received the request from Esta, he was troubled--what if the king of Esta was only going to keep the stone for himself and not deliver the fifteen towns? If he accused the king of Esta of deceiving him, it would lead to war--a war that Tei could not win. But he also noted that he could not give up the statue without a struggle. As he mulled and debated his options, his new chamberlain came to him and told him..."

"Your Majesty, a young man in my court named Kaitou has proven to be wise beyond his years." he fills in the dialogue in a mimic of Misty. "Perhaps if I were to summon him here, he would be of service to you."

"The king was pleased by the idea, and summoned Kaitou." Brock continues as himself. "Once Kaitou arrived, the king explained the situation to him and awaited Kaitou's answer. Kaitou thought for a while, then told the king..."

He switches to his "Kaitou" voice. "Your Majesty, the statue must be surrendered for your kingdom's sake. Otherwise, we will be forced to go into a war we cannot win. However, all is not completely lost--let me be the envoy that brings the emerald Suicune to Esta. I will lay down my own life if I do not return with the statue because the king of Esta deceived us."

"The king was pleased with Kaitou's proposal, and the entire court spent three days of praying and fasting to Arceus for Kaitou's safe journey." Brock continues as himself as he plays a festive song. "On the day Kaitou was to set out, Kaitou took the emerald Suicune and wrapped it in a silk blanket, tucked it into a silk bag, and then placed that in a pocket. He set out for Esta with a entourage of attendants, dancers and musicians. The king of Esta welcomed them and a grand feast was held in their honor.

The guitar continues to play for a while, then Brock continues. "When it came time for Kaitou to present the emerald Suicune, he took the silk bag from his pocket and carefully unwrapped the lovely green statue from the silk blanket. After admiring the glittering green Suicune for a moment, he ordered a servant to take it to the other officials of the court so that they too could see its beauty. Kaitou, meanwhile, waited a long time, but the emerald Suicune was not returned to the table, nor were the promised fifteen towns mentioned."

"Now, at this point, I want to stop the story for a moment..." he interjected. "We know that the king of Esta wants to keep the Emerald Suicune for himself, and has no intention of holding up his promise of fifteen towns to the kingdom of Tei. Based on this information, what would you all do if you were in Kaitou's position?"

The audience eagerly speculated and debated for a moment as Brock looked in the direction Ash and the girls had gone. I could hypothetically keep the show going forever with my massive repertoire, but the sooner you find the Igglybuffs, the better!

---------

"...When Prince Brian reached his home–the gardener’s hut where he lived with his wife–he was exhausted, and he lay down on his bed and slept." Brock--now in a prince's costume--continued his next tale. "Princess Christina noticed the handkerchief around his wounded leg, and wondered what it could be. Then she looked closely and saw in the corner that it was embroidered with her father’s name and the royal crown. So she ran straight to the palace and told her father. He and his two sons-in-law followed her back to her house, and there the gardener lay asleep on his bed. The scarf that he always wore around his head had slipped off, and his golden hair gleamed on the pillow. It was then that they realized that this was the hero who had fought and won the great battle."

He concluded "Then there was great rejoicing throughout the land, and the king rewarded his son-in-law Brian with half of his kingdom, and he and his wife Christina reigned happily over it, where they still reign today."

The crowd roared with applause as Brock hurried off to change into another costume...

---------

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Ash sang, making the flash from his Mega Ring light up the darkening sky.

"Why didn't they tell me the twerps had superpowers?" James gasped as Luce emerged from the swirl of light and thunderbolts as Mega Ampharos.

"Supaheroes? Where's dere capes and stupid masks?" Meowth taunted as he hugged the crying Igglybuffs close.

"Are you calling ME stupid?" Misty growled before holding her Mega Ring skyward. Rou iitsa ron selga vichii...

Jessie was visibly shaking as Michelle emerged as Mega Golduck from the shining waves of water Misty's Mega Ring had conjured. "You can have the puffballs, just don't turn us into Rocket-cakes!" she pleaded as she, James, and Meowth dashed away, leaving the two Igglybuffs and Jigglypuff in the grass.

Brittany emerged from the brush some moments later and ran to hug her Igglybuffs. "Oh, Bella, Luna, I'm so glad you're okay!"

---------

Cheers rang through the air as Brock--now in his normal clothes--concluded yet another tale, but the cheers grew even louder as Ash and the girls returned. "Thanks for covering for me, Brock..." Brittany smiled before accepting a blue Lore Stripe from Luna. "As a reward for your immense skill and creativity, I want you to have this."

"Honest?" Brock was surprised. "When I had no proper competition?"

"Those hoodlums were competition enough, so I think you've earned this Lore Stripe for saving my show." Brittany assured Brock as she pinned the Lore Stripe on Brock's vest, to thunderous cheers.

Yet in all the excitement and relief that the show would go on, no one noticed Jigglypuff hurrying off into the brush with her mic, presumably to chase Meowth...

To Be Continued...

Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 103: Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up?

"So, how many tales did you end up telling while we were busy rescuing Brittany's Igglybuffs?" Misty asked as she sipped the mint chip milkshake she had ordered alongside the huge Combusken sandwich and thick cut fries before her.

"I managed a good, long set." Brock replied in between bites of the pot roast sandwich he had ordered. "All told, about thirty songs and twenty tales--and that includes singing the whole of 'Brian and Epona'. It wasn't the longest set I've ever performed, but it ranks in my top five longest sets."

"So, what's your record for the longest show you've done?" Ash wondered before biting into a triple cheeseburger.

"The longest show I've ever done--so far--was a fundraiser for one of the kids' schools." Brock explained. "36 straight hours of storytelling between me and two others to help build a library in a less fortunate area."

"Wow!" Misty was impressed. "How did you manage to keep up your energetic style for that long?"

"I was allowed a bathroom and sleep break every three hours, or when it wasn't my turn to be onstage." Brock explained. "So I napped when I could and drank a lot of Verde Power to keep awake."

"One can of that easily keeps you awake for twelve hours, let alone thirty-six." Misty was impressed.

A familiar theme song over the radio snapped her to attention. "And now, it's time for 'Oak's Pokemon Talk', with your hosts, Professor Oak and DJ Mary!" the announcer reported.

"Good evening--this week, our focus is on Pokemon number 121, Starmie." Professor Oak's voice began. "The evolution of Staryu, it is known as the Mysterious Pokemon..."

I knew that... Misty thought as the waiter arrived to clear the boys' plates and leave the bill.

After leaving their shares of the bill and a generous tip, the group stayed behind to listen as Prof. Oak and Mary talked about Starmie--its moves, how it required a Water Stone for evolving from Staryu, general tips for training a Starmie, and Starmie's role in lore.

The lore segment was what really got Ash's attention. "In fact, it was once believed that Starmie's crystal was a means to communicate with the gods." Professor Oak went on. "This has led to it being revered as a divine Pokemon in some parts of the world."

He went on "To close out the show this week, here's an example of one such story from Kanto, simply titled 'How Starmie Came to Be'."

Some relaxing music played as Oak began the tale. "There once was a king and queen who lived in a great kingdom far away from here. For many years, the king and the queen had come from a similar ancestral lineage. One day, the queen asked the king if she could have a star for her birthday. 'How am I supposed to get you a star if it is in the heavens above?' the king asked..."

Ash sighed. "A storyteller, Prof. Oak is not..."

"Yeah--not only is he telling in a boring drone, he's just telling, not showing." Misty agreed

"You have to give Prof. Oak credit for trying--maybe this is his first time doing this segment." Brock interjected as the group got up to depart. "But whether you're just starting out or tell professionally, you have to remember that even in a single region, there are many different versions of the same tale, so there is no one true 'definitive version' or 'correct' way to tell."

As the closing theme started playing, Ash heard Mary say "Thanks for joining us this week--I just want to remind our fans that we will be doing a live broadcast of the show tomorrow at 1:00pm at the Maroon Town fairgrounds, with a Q and A session afterwards. Best of all, admission is free!"

This got Brock excited. "You think Mary will let me take a crack at telling the tale Professor Oak tried to tell?" he smiled as he flipped through his guide book.

"Maybe, if you behave yourself." Misty replied.

"Here we are...Maroon Town is right on the way to Blackthorn City, and we should get there by tomorrow morning!" Brock reported as the group departed the diner.

"All right!" Ash smiled. "I've never seen a live radio show before!"

---------

Meanwhile, Kamon sighed as he strolled down the streets of Maroon Town, clutching his stomach all the while. "Why do I always manage to forget to buy food when I need it most?" he sighed as his stomach growled.

Just then, he noticed one of many posters advertising the show on a building. "Say...maybe if I somehow disguised myself as Professor Oak, it'll lure out Wonder Boy and pals!"

He hurried off towards a costume shop. "Let's see...if I'm gonna be Prof. Oak, I'll need a wig that matches his hair, a red shirt, a lab coat, and of course, I need to learn how to convincingly mimic his voice!"

---------

Later that evening, Kamon--now in disguise as Professor Oak--made his way into the Pokemon Center. After brushing a few stray red hairs into the gray-brown wig he wore, he smiled as throngs of trainers ran to meet him. So far so good...I've managed to fool a few average trainers...

The talking snapped Nurse Joy to attention. "Oh, hi Professor! I thought you said on your show tonight you wouldn't be here until tomorrow!" she smiled as the disguised Kamon approached the front desk.

"Well, because of all the loyal Pokémon fans here in Maroon Town, I couldn't wait to make it there to meet them all, so I came as soon as I could." Kamon replied in his best mimic of Professor Oak. Here's hoping Nurse Joy falls for it! I spent all afternoon listening to the real Prof. Oak to get his voice right...

"That's very sweet of you!" Nurse Joy smiled, making Kamon heave a relieved sigh that his mimic was accurate. "Let's get you settled in on the stage, okay?"

---------

"Would anyone like to ask the professor a question?" Nurse Joy asked a throng of children that had gathered around a stage at the fairground.

Kamon froze as the crowd around the stage grew larger and larger. I didn't think to study his Pokemon know-how--if all these people catch Prof. Oak not knowing the answers, I'm toast!

His PokeNav gave him an idea. Of course! I can just Google the answers to any question they ask me!

"What exactly is that leek thing that Farfetch'd is always carrying around?" a boy asked, snapping Kamon to attention.

That would take too long even to Google... Kamon sighed. "It's actually a hockey stick." he replied, to awed murmurs as he feigned a smile.

Why do Electric-type attacks not work on Pokémon like Quagsire even though it is a Water type?" a girl wondered.

After Googling "what is quagsire's type?", Kamon replied "It is both a Water type and Ground type, so electricity does not affect it because of its Ground-type characteristics."

Stunned, the children began snowing Kamon with questions faster than he could Google the answers:

"What's a Shiny Pokemon?"

"Will it stay Shiny when it evolves?"

"Can you trade eggs?"

"If I breed a female Pokemon with Ditto, will it give the baby its Egg Moves?"

Kamon's heart pounded faster and faster as he frantically Googled answers to appease the children. Gah...the questions are coming so fast, I can't keep up!

A camera flash startled him. "Hi! We're the Prof. Oak Fan Club!" a girl smiled. "May we take your picture?"

Kamon shielded his eyes as one camera flash after another filled the air. No paparazzi! Please!

---------

"What?" the real Prof. Oak gasped. "How could I have already bean here when Mary explicitly said we'd be here today?"

"Here's photographic evidence, right here!" Nurse Joy proceeded to show Prof. Oak a picture of Kamon in his disguise from the previous night.

"Professor!" a boy asked as he and some other children from the previous night arrived. "We don't believe Farfetch'd carries around a hockey stick, it must carry around some sort of root."

Prof. Oak just chuckled. "Well, I can assure you it is definitely not a hockey stick. "It's also not a root--it is actually the stem from a plant."

"Okay..." the boy shrugged as he and the children departed, whispering their doubts and their own predictions for the answer all the while.

"Good morning, Professor!" Ash smiled as the group arrived in the Pokemon Center. "What's happened? Normally the kids trust you."

"I have a suspicion that someone is using my good name to lie to the kids." Prof. Oak explained, just as Kamon walked in the room, still in his disguise.

"Can you three tell who the real professor is?" Nurse Joy asked--Kamon did look very much like Prof. Oak in his disguise.

"I have an idea--let's have a little contest in order to prove which Professor is real." Misty suggested. "Besides, the real Prof. Oak wouldn't need to be Googling the answers, like I've heard the rumors in town suggest."

"A search engine is a powerful tool, but not all the results it finds are trustworthy." Prof. Oak agreed.

"What a great idea!" Mary smiled. "We'll make your contest our live show instead of what we planned!"

"And I can add in a few tales and tunes, if you finish early and need to fill time." Brock offered.

"After your performance back in Goldenrod, I'd be happy to let you three tell again." Mary replied.

---------

"Okay everyone! Here's how our game of 'Which Professor's Which?' will work." Mary explained to the crowd that had gathered at the fairgrounds some time later. "The contest will consist of three questions. The first Professor to answer two out of three correctly will be deemed the real Professor Oak." Cheers went up at this.

"What is the evolved form of Slowpoke that--" Nurse Joy started reading the first question.

"The answer is Slowbro." the real Oak replied.

The crowd roared as a green light appeared on the real Oak's scoreboard. "Although that is correct, there was more to the question." Nurse Joy assured the two Oaks. "What is the name of the Psychic attack that Slowbro learns when it reaches level 46?"

I have no idea! Kamon gasped. "Gah...what is it...I think I have amnesia..."

He heaved a relieved sigh when he heard the cheer of the crowd and the ding of a scoreboard light glowing. "Amnesia is correct!" Nurse Joy announced.

Murmurs filled the air as a screen on the stage displayed a round black shape. "Our second question--what Pokemon does this silhouette belong to?" Nurse Joy asked.

"It is the hand of a Sudowoodo!" Kamon eagerly guessed.

"I believe it is an Aipom's tail." the real Oak confidently answered.

Cheered filled the air as the silhouette filled in with an Aipom's tail. "That is correct." Nurse Joy smiled.

Just then, Kamon got up from the table, startling the crowd. "I would like to humbly request that the last question should be a storytelling contest."

"All right...we'll let Professor B go first." Nurse Joy replied. "In the event of a tie, we'll use our original third question as the tie breaker."

Kamon nodded, and frantically thought of a story to tell. "Um...once upon a time...in a cave, there lived a damp, ruddy pixie named Hannah Bond. Not a hot fake, tall cave, filled with sausages and a tender smell, nor yet a hilly, cold, sizzling cave with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a pixie-cave, and that means comfort."

Confused murmurs filled the crowd as Kamon went on "One day, after a troubling visit from the troll Richard Chan, Hannah leaves her cave and sets out in search of three damp trousers. A quest undertaken in the company of girls, aliens and scary robots."

"That doesn't even make any sense!" a girl protested.

"If you're gonna tell a story, do it right!" a boy agreed.

Nurse Joy sensed the crowd's anger at the confusing story. "I believe we have our winner!" she asked, pulling off Kamon's wig to reveal who Professor B really was.

Ash smirked as Kamon, humiliated by his unmasking, dashed away in fear. "So long, Kamon!"

"Professor A is the one and only Professor Oak!" Nurse Joy announced, to thunderous cheers as the real Oak took a bow for the crowd.

---------

"Professor!" a boy begged as he and the other children approached Professor Oak. "We're sorry we ever doubted you--besides, you don't have to Google the answers!"

"Yeah, you just seem to know the answer yourself." a girl smiled.

"Well, I always strive to keep on learning more about the wonderful world of Pokemon, just as you all should." Prof. Oak assured the children. "If we don't doubt on occasion, how can we learn and grow?"

Misty smiled as Prof. Oak went to work answering the children's questions with the real answers. "If you want to do a little storytelling, here's your chance." she told Brock.

Brock nodded, and stepped on the stage, guitar in hand. "Okay...how would you guys like to hear a PROPER story or two that makes sense?" he asked the crowd over a expectant G chord.

Laughter and cheers filled the air in reply as Brock started a relaxed melody with Ash, Misty, and Mary looking on. "There was once a king of a far away land who had two sons--their names are not important to us yet." he began. "One day, the sons went hunting in the forest and got horribly lost. They wandered this way and that for twelve weeks in all, and they eventually came to a three way fork in the road. After they had each agreed on a route to take, the elder brother took a knife and stuck it into the trunk of a tree by the roadside, and told his brother that if the knife blade turned red, it was a sign that one of them was either dead or in danger. If the knife glowed, it was a sign that one of them had found fortune...."

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 11-02-2017 at 03:08 AM.