Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Kalos Pokemon will become classic pokemon?

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Same here, the whole 'fresh start' gimmick was annoying to me because - even though I like a lot of the Generation V Pokémon - I still like older Pokémon existing and being acknowledged. That's why I vastly prefer White 2.

And there really are clear winners and losers, which is sad. I'm disappointed that we haven't gotten a single cross-generation evolution except Sylveon in 10 years/3 generations. I'm not counting Megas (although some Pokémon, like Absol, Sableye, Mawile and Audino could have used actual evolutions rather than just +100 to their stats) because they're not full evolutions, but enhancements instead.
    Same here. I think that the learning curve in White 2/Black 2 was great as well. Higher levels = more fun!

I'm in total agreement with you there, too. It's just rubbish that they got megas and not actual evolutions. I get that some pokemon are meant to stay as stand-alone creatures, but that mostly works when they're strong enough to get a mega without it coming up short. Eh. It's disappointing they didn't continue with the new evolutions thing. Like you said, a few pokemon could have really used it, and now that they're bringing in alternate forms instead of evolutions, I'm guessing it'll never go back.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Same here. I think that the learning curve in White 2/Black 2 was great as well. Higher levels = more fun!

I'm in total agreement with you there, too. It's just rubbish that they got megas and not actual evolutions. I get that some pokemon are meant to stay as stand-alone creatures, but that mostly works when they're strong enough to get a mega without it coming up short. Eh. It's disappointing they didn't continue with the new evolutions thing. Like you said, a few pokemon could have really used it, and now that they're bringing in alternate forms instead of evolutions, I'm guessing it'll never go back.
    Yeah, Black/White 2 got a lot right. I definitely see them as the definitive experiences for Generation V, if only because of the bonuses like the World Tournament and Join Avenue as well.

Exactly. I think it's great that the likes of Venusaur and Ampharos were given Megas because their lines are complete, but now the standalones are effectively unable to ever get an evolution. The only way their lines can expand is by pre-evolutions (which Kangaskhan sorely needs).

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler: