Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    OH WOW LOTS OF COMMENTS! O:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Well that escalated quickly.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Lunpara View Post
    Aha! I'm not the only one who thinks weapons would work in a PMD setting!

This dudes just gonna straight up pull a 1911 on a cute fluffy Pokemon, I knew I couldn't be the only person who thought that would be great!
    That's awesome I'm not the only one who thought of it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    I'll admit, that gun looks rather boxy. I guess that's for ease of drawing, though.

You know, if the rest of the guild is scrambling around town, I would suspect that among those scrambled (ergo away and thus not so easily assasinated) is their target. It would be hilarious if that was the case.

The gun idea actually makes a lot of sense; what else is there for a Pokemon with no real form of ranged attack?
    I'm new to drawing guns. I'm sure I'll improve as it goes on!

Haha, you will see!

Yep, and gives these pokemon a deadly advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Welp, I sure wasn't expecting THAT!

I... wow, I kind of feel bad for that Raichu now. I mean, he was a ROYAL SNOT before, but he doesn't deserve that...

GAHICAN'TBELIEVEINEEDTOWAITUNTILNEXTFRIDAYTOFINDOU TWHATHAPPENSAGGGG!

Anyway, great work on this! Things just keep getting darker and darker...
    Haha, I didn't think anyone would. I was wondering what you would think. XD

WELLGOODTHINGIT'SALMOSTFRIDAYTHENRIGHT!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Wow, I love the artwork in this. Nice going! :D
    Thank you very much!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha I like the style of the gun, it looks unique! I think it makes sense that Pokemon would use human weapons if they could, rather than wear themselves out with attacks. *wonders if the bad guys were humans*
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Haha I like the style of the gun, it looks unique! I think it makes sense that Pokemon would use human weapons if they could, rather than wear themselves out with attacks. *wonders if the bad guys were humans*
    Thanks! And I'll I can say is you'll eventually find out...

4. This post has been liked by:

Okay, and here is the next page!

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Holy... crap just got SERIOUS!

Okay, you're actually making me feel terrible for insulting that Raichu earlier. I mean sure, the dude sure ain't chummy about rejecting candidates, but he definitely didn't deserve to be shot for it. Wow. Someone's got to save him... right? Uh... someone? Okay, I'm hooked, I gotta know how this gets resolved!

And wow... so much for Protect being that temporary breath of invincibility. Sure don't think it's worth trying that a second time!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

LOL this was my exact reaction too. XD Oh man! These guys mean serious business. o_o Interesting to see how Pokemon moves work against guns!
    GCEA

Administrator

I had been meaning to check this out for some time now. I'm glad I finally did. Each page is amazing! The artwork and expression of each backgorund and character is very unique! Especially the expressions :0

Even with this latest chapter. Showing guns in the PMD universe is very different, but is welcomed nonetheless. Showcasing something a little different to the story adds something bigger and special to it all. Great job on this chapter! Interesting to know there's more than one human turned Pokémon....or was. Who knows at this point besides you if the others are dead or alive. Maybe it's referring to the past heroes? I guess we will find out later!
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 05-26-2017 at 10:16 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    I'm getting this feeling that there is a tangible reason why Atok and Paci Pokemon are so... Different, and I'm betting its due to humans-turned-Pokemon. That's my gut feeling at this point-Atok is a community of humans-turned-Pokemon who weren't exactly so thrilled nor willing to turn into Pokemon. At least in part. It would explain the cruelty committed upon other Pokemon so well, if there are no other human inhabitants (I mean, who else uses guns?), and why the Guild was so interested in the guy claiming to be human.

Also, dang. I had this feeling it was a Desert Eagle based upon its design (disregarding the boxy-ness), and the power needed to pierce a Protect right through kind of proves it. I guess. Or at least based off of it. Those things pack a punch.

This is crazy and this is great. I will note that the line designating the gunfire kind of stretches into the gun, but that's my only complaint, really.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I'm starting to think that the name 'Bridge of Invention' might be a bit more literal than I expected.
    Maybe this was foreshadowed. That ekans from earlier had a camera, something I've never seen before in a PMD comic.
    Now we have a gun. I have seen a gun before in a PMD comic, but it was exactly once and never used.
    Will there be more inventions? Vehicles, communication devices? Will we get more advanced than our present-day technology level? @The Nonexistent Tazz suggested that the difference between Atok and Paci involves humans. I'm not totally convinced, I feel like there may be a bit more to it than that, but he's probably on the right track? And I also think that even if he's wrong there may be a difference in technology as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

Okay, you're actually making me feel terrible for insulting that Raichu earlier. I mean sure, the dude sure ain't chummy about rejecting candidates, but he definitely didn't deserve to be shot for it. Wow. Someone's got to save him... right? Uh... someone? Okay, I'm hooked, I gotta know how this gets resolved!

And wow... so much for Protect being that temporary breath of invincibility. Sure don't think it's worth trying that a second time!
    Indeed it did! And I agree, he definitely didn't deserve that. :c I'm excited to post the next sets of pages so you can see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    LOL this was my exact reaction too. XD Oh man! These guys mean serious business. o_o Interesting to see how Pokemon moves work against guns!
    Yep, they sure do. And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I had been meaning to check this out for some time now. I'm glad I finally did. Each page is amazing! The artwork and expression of each backgorund and character is very unique! Especially the expressions :0

Even with this latest chapter. Showing guns in the PMD universe is very different, but is welcomed nonetheless. Showcasing something a little different to the story adds something bigger and special to it all. Great job on this chapter! Interesting to know there's more than one human turned Pokémon....or was. Who knows at this point besides you if the others are dead or alive. Maybe it's referring to the past heroes? I guess we will find out later!
    Thank you! I really try hard with the expressions so I'm glad it works out.

Yep, the guns were a part of the story from the very, very first ideas of it in early 2014, so the story has been built around that. As to the other humans, well I can't say anything about it because of spoilers, but I definitely love hearing your theories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    I'm getting this feeling that there is a tangible reason why Atok and Paci Pokemon are so... Different, and I'm betting its due to humans-turned-Pokemon. That's my gut feeling at this point-Atok is a community of humans-turned-Pokemon who weren't exactly so thrilled nor willing to turn into Pokemon. At least in part. It would explain the cruelty committed upon other Pokemon so well, if there are no other human inhabitants (I mean, who else uses guns?), and why the Guild was so interested in the guy claiming to be human.

Also, dang. I had this feeling it was a Desert Eagle based upon its design (disregarding the boxy-ness), and the power needed to pierce a Protect right through kind of proves it. I guess. Or at least based off of it. Those things pack a punch.

This is crazy and this is great. I will note that the line designating the gunfire kind of stretches into the gun, but that's my only complaint, really.
    I can't say anything because of spoilers but I REALLY like reading your theories. I can't wait to show more of the Atok pokemon. And I will keep working on it; thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I'm starting to think that the name 'Bridge of Invention' might be a bit more literal than I expected.
    Maybe this was foreshadowed. That ekans from earlier had a camera, something I've never seen before in a PMD comic.
    Now we have a gun. I have seen a gun before in a PMD comic, but it was exactly once and never used.
    Will there be more inventions? Vehicles, communication devices? Will we get more advanced than our present-day technology level? @The Nonexistent Tazz suggested that the difference between Atok and Paci involves humans. I'm not totally convinced, I feel like there may be a bit more to it than that, but he's probably on the right track? And I also think that even if he's wrong there may be a difference in technology as well.
    I'm glad you remembered the camera! And huh, that's interesting. Do you remember the name of the comic?

As for more technology..you will see! And you'll see how humans may or may not be the difference. I'm loving how this is making everyone wonder about it.

13. This post has been liked by: