Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
    Haha cheers. I do try. But there is plenty of church I haven't shown. Might take some photos there.

From the recent post, the CBD is about 45 minute drive, Ocean Grove and Lorne are about 2 hours south west, and Raymond Island is about 4 hours south east of me. Close in the grand scheme of things.
    Which is your favorite?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow you've been busy! The fireworks look amazing! And I love the basketball ring one! And the ones of Darcy, so cute! Lorne looks really nice.

What is that bug on the pole? Did you take that one too?

What does the new lens you got do?
    Haha Darcy was good fun. As for the bug I have no idea what it is. I just saw it so decided to get some close ups.

The new lens is a prime lens so it doesn't zoom. However it handles lower light a bit better. Means I can get a quicker shutter speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Cool, I'd love to see them. I've seen churches take on all kinds of different shapes, sizes, and forms. Definitely the ones in Paris were the most impressive (Notre Dame is awesome), but there are plenty all over the world that have amazing architecture. And even the modern ones still have a unique identity to them as well.
    Ours is an old mud brick building surrounded by bushland. It is pretty unique compared to the other churches nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Which is your favorite?
    I like going to Raymond island for holidays but for photos, probably between Raymond Island and Lorne.

Sweet! I love the shot of the raven. :D And also the ones in the city. They look awesome. :] The fireworks look really cool, too, and the basketball one sitting atop the ring is really nicely shot.

Get any good ones from the Thousand Steps?

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Sweet! I love the shot of the raven. :D And also the ones in the city. They look awesome. :] The fireworks look really cool, too, and the basketball one sitting atop the ring is really nicely shot.

Get any good ones from the Thousand Steps?
    You mean the 200 steps and the maccas run? I haven't looked yet but I don't think I got any memorable ones :/

You mean the 200 steps and the maccas run? I haven't looked yet but I don't think I got any memorable ones :/
    XD Ahaha, it was more like 20 steps. Ah, that sucks. I got a good fern shot. xD

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

08/10/2016: Hanging Rock
    So it had been a few days since I had finished and handed in my final assignment, and I felt the urge to see more of the area around me. See more of my state. I ended up deciding to drive to Hanging Rock, which you may have heard of because of a book called Picnic at Hanging Rock. It took me a while, but I finally found someone to come with me. One of my youth kids, Lachlan, who is 15, and also into taking photos, though he didn't bring his camera.

Spoiler:

We arrived and the first thing we found was this...

It is definitely used to people in that kangaroos either flee or beat the living s*** out of you if you get that close to them. It was really cool, just chilling there, soaking up some rays.

One thing I loved about hanging rock was how natural the climb was. Like, they didn't knock out a heap of it to make a concrete path, but used the natural ledges as steps to get to the top.

So, I just saw the first picture here and totally thought it was a dead deer at first. Then I realized this is Australia, it's a kangaroo. Do you even have deer in Australia?

Seriously though, I really like your pictures. Neo is right, this is making me want to come see Australia.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    So, I just saw the first picture here and totally thought it was a dead deer at first. Then I realized this is Australia, it's a kangaroo. Do you even have deer in Australia?

Seriously though, I really like your pictures. Neo is right, this is making me want to come see Australia.
    We have deer in the mountains however due to expansion they're moving downwards. I nearly hit one last year. I've seen two wild deeer in my life. Kangaroos however, I've seen hundreds. But yes, you and Neo should both visit. You'll never want to leave.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

We have deer in the mountains however due to expansion they're moving downwards. I nearly hit one last year. I've seen two wild deeer in my life. Kangaroos however, I've seen hundreds. But yes, you and Neo should both visit. You'll never want to leave.
    I believe it. X3 Plus it's got all you cool Aussies like you, Sarah, Xanthe, Gemma, and many others to discover.

You guys have probably killed so many giant spiders that you're probably at least Level 14 by now. XD

Senior Moderator

Actually, today my house got sprayed for spiders. They're crawling out from their hiding places and dying everywhere. #EXPfarming.

On a slightly more related note, I am thinking about hitting up Blue Lake an in hour or so. The sky is looking like it'll be good when sunset comes around. Clear enough that there is colour, but with some clouds to reflect it and make cool patterns.

Senior Moderator

And I am here now and praying for a miracle. Half the sky is perfect one side and crappy the other. Guess which one the sun sets on. Let's hope it works out. I got my chair and had a nice chat with a bloke riding a motorbike around here (which is illegal but he seemed nice enough).