Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

16/09/2016: Diamond Creek
    I was running on fumes. I had been up until nearly 1am the night before taking photos of my car, uploading them and posting here. Then I had to be out the door at 6:30am for uni... F**k...

Uni was supposed to go from 8-10am, but finished at 9:15. I made a quick run past Greensborough to pick up some stuff I needed for that night, and to pay some bills, then went home to pack some things for that night. Once I had done everything I needed to do, I had some free time (where I should have been working on assignments, but being a good student isn't my strong point...)

I called one of my mates who lived in Diamond Creek and asked if he was keen on going for a walk, so I could take pictures. And that we did...

Spoiler:

After I took this photo, the dog jumped up and started barking at me. I wish I had a zoom lense so I could get a little closer to it.

Every year around Christmas time, I play Christmas Carols with a band underneath that tree. Done it three times so far. The second time, some little s**t stain kids intentionally broke a tree branch above my car. Wasn't happy...

It took us about ten minutes to cross this field, because of how flooded it was...

Yes, I played on the train tracks. Don't tell my mother. In all seriousness, before I went anywhere near them, I checked my phone for the timetable. The next train wasn't for half an hour, and one had just gone past, so I wasn't going to get hit by a late train.

When we got here, my mate told me to look in one of the little Asian shops. At first I couldn't be bothered, but I'm glad he insisted. We hit a goldmine...

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Suicune's Fire @Lunar Latias, you gotta check this place out. Probably more Sarah and Xanthe since it is nearer their hoods. But still very cool. And some of the stuff looks licensed, or very close, eg the costumed pikachus. If I didn't need to get work done on my car this monday, I'd have gotten them Hoenn badges (even if they're out of order). Anyway, moving on.

Spoiler:

STRAYA!

I got back to my car parked at my mates place, feeling tired as hell, and drove to church whilst I waited for the band to arrive for band practice. Whilst I waited, I messed around with the lights, and took some pictures.
    Spoiler:

Then we had the youth boys sleep over. Didn't get many decent pictures, because people were moving too fast for me to manual focus and the auto focus was messing up. At first I didn't realize why, but the next day I was talking to the cameraman from church. He said he was having trouble getting his video camera to autofocus on the stage, as well as the other blokes camera. He figured out it is the LED lighting. Because of the different shape of the light waves (from what I gathered) the autofocus can't pinpoint what to focus on. The house we were at for the sleepover is fairly new, and the guy who lives there is pretty loaded, so he'd probably have LEDs throughout the whole place. I managed to get manual focus for this shot though.

That's all folks. We watched a movie, played Halo and got to bed at 1am. I got to sleep at nearly two from having to hit one of the youth kids with my pillow every time he'd talk until he finally got the message to shut up...
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 09-18-2016 at 01:02 PM.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow nice find at that store! :O They're probably not legit stuff. Maybe factory rejects or something. But they still look pretty good. Those badges are nice :O I don't think I could have resisted them xD

I reckon this is my fave this time round: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psshsdi0w7.jpg

Also that kinda looks like my dog behind that fence haha!

I think this one has a lot of potential: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pscgot2ujj.jpg
    Would be cool if the fence was a bit more in focus further along. Then it would look really cool against the blurred background.

Looks like lots of fun! :D
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow nice find at that store! :O They're probably not legit stuff. Maybe factory rejects or something. But they still look pretty good. Those badges are nice :O I don't think I could have resisted them xD

I reckon this is my fave this time round: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psshsdi0w7.jpg

Also that kinda looks like my dog behind that fence haha!

I think this one has a lot of potential: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pscgot2ujj.jpg
    Would be cool if the fence was a bit more in focus further along. Then it would look really cool against the blurred background.

Looks like lots of fun! :D

Yeah I know most aren't legit. However I do think a couple of them are such as te mega pikachus.

Senior Moderator

17/09/2016: The E-Town Bandit

*The title is from Schoolies. We stayed in Eltham for a week, and one night had a bit to drink, which ended up with us wandering the streets at some ungodly hour, and climbing onto a bus shelter. A photo went on Facebook, and my mate Zach gave it the caption 'E-Town Bandits'.

As you may have figured out, this particular day, I decided to shoot in Eltham. Before that though, I had to do some work at church. As I got out of the car I parked in the usual spot I park in when the place is mostly empty, right by the door. However for the first time I noticed something.

It's a good thing they don't enforce that... My pay would be docked beyond recognition...

Anyway, once I did this I made my way to the park in Eltham, and took some photos.
    Spoiler:

This bloke... Another schoolies story. I didn't have my license when I did schoolies, so the stuff outside of our week of gaming, such as teaching, or band practises, I had to walk to the station, and the quickest way from the house where I was staying was through this park. Occasionally I'd walk through there at night, and be on edge. One time, I didn't notice this bloke. Saw him at the last second and jumped out of my skin...

I like taking shots like these. I have noticed that 90% of my shots are in parks of trees and paths, and like to do some stuff different. I just need to develop that eye for nice images outside of what I usually do.

So funny story. I took this shot, then walked through there, and found three girls who all looked about fourteen hiding under the bridge, gossiping, swearing and smoking. Kids these days...

So I was about to head back to the car until I saw this path. It was not concreted like the rest of the paths, so I was curious to follow it. I am glad that I did. I stumbled upon this...

This was cool. My only complaint is that the only thing separating me from my car was a overflowing creek. It was not even a hundred meters away but I'd have to walk a kilometer to get to it. I contemplated checking the timetable and doing the Stand By Me solution (crossing via the train bridge) but ended up deciding against it, and having to walk back around, this time taking a different way to get more shots.

I really like this shot and want to get more like it. The quirky, unusual shots (unusual for me at least since most of mine are pretty standard).

After I got back to my car, I drove to KFC and met up with some friends, before driving to one of their houses and having a campfire there.

I'd like to get better at using shutter speed. I am trying to figure out how to do a better job of compensating for the changes in light it causes (quicker shutter speed means less light, slower shutter speed means more, and Aperture and ISO need to be adjust accordingly). Though I quite like the photo I got of Nick. He did to. He made it his profile picture on Facebook. Granted, I took heaps more at the campfire but it was hard, as the screen on the camera was illuminated and made it difficult to look down the viewfinder in the dark and focus.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I like your shots of the bridge and I am glad you didn't walk on it. XD The library man has got me a few times too, don't worry haha.

It's a shame how much graffiti there is, really! That Platypus is pretty new and it's already covered in stuff. I thought there was some street art code or something that people wouldn't tag actual artwork, but I guess I was wrong. :P

I reckon you should try taking some pics at different times of the day. It would be interesting to see some different kinds of lighting! Dusk is one of my fave times, when you can see all the silhouettes of things against the sky. I'm not sure how well it would translate to photos though. And it's probably better when it's not so cloudy.

I really like these kinda pics where the background is blurred: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pslzdnetun.jpg

Fire looks awesome too!
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I like your shots of the bridge and I am glad you didn't walk on it. XD The library man has got me a few times too, don't worry haha.

It's a shame how much graffiti there is, really! That Platypus is pretty new and it's already covered in stuff. I thought there was some street art code or something that people wouldn't tag actual artwork, but I guess I was wrong. :P

I reckon you should try taking some pics at different times of the day. It would be interesting to see some different kinds of lighting! Dusk is one of my fave times, when you can see all the silhouettes of things against the sky. I'm not sure how well it would translate to photos though. And it's probably better when it's not so cloudy.

I really like these kinda pics where the background is blurred: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pslzdnetun.jpg

Fire looks awesome too!
    Yeah, I want to do some night photography, maybe in the city or somewhere else cool. I might take a few tonight depending on if I'm out late enough.

Senior Moderator

19/09/2016: Kangaroo Ground Feat. That Pain In The A*s Kid and The Big As Hell Kangaroo
    I didn't plan on taking photos today, however was driving back to my dads house, and had to drive through Kangaroo Ground to get there. I had my camera with me just in case, so ended up taking a slight detour and going to the Kangaroo Ground Memorial Tower, hoping to take some photos from the top. The grounds were opened, but for some reason the tower was closed. However I decided to take some shots of the grounds.

Spoiler:

This was when my time at the memorial tower came to an unexpected halt, with a small annoying voice. Nearby some flowers I was taking photos of, was the groundskeepers house. On the other side of the fence was a tree with a boy who looked like he was about nine or ten. He shouted out to me.

"You're not supposed to walk in here!"

Then why is there a path? I told him I drove in and my car is in the carpark.

"What're you doing?"

I told him I'm taking photos, hoping he will shut up soon.

"The sign says you can't take photos!"

I told him I saw no sign.

"It's down the bottom!"

I walked down the bottom of the driveway where the signs were. Nothing about photography. I walk back up to my spot.

"Did you see the sign?"

I told him there was no sign, getting more irritated by the second, and started taking photos again, and he kept yelling at me that the sign said I can't take photos. Eventually I get sick of the little prick, and leave. I'll probably send an email to the groundskeeper and let her know the kid is driving people away.

I pulled over somewhere down the road and sent a couple of texts to my friends who live in Kangaroo Ground, asking for the best places to take pictures. One of them told me that there is a walking track by the old tip. So there I went.

Spoiler:

I was crapping myself when I took this photo, since Kangaroos are vicious, and this one was a big boy who wasn't hopping away after seeing me like the rest of them did. I was ready to sprint at a moments notice.

I decided to call it quits there. I had gotten my dose for the day. My plan is to sometime get some photos at night of stuff more than what I have been shooting. I am more just waiting for the right opportunity, such as when friends are heading out.

Wow, you actually saw kangaroos at Kangaroo Ground! WHO KNEW!

Anyway, looks like you got a lot of good shots. :D I loved the one with the caved in ground, it looked like. And all the kangaroos resting in their confident poses. xD

Spoiler:

"Hey baby."

That male you got a shot of looks SO BIG! Geez. I'd have been crapping myself too. XD

Those stupid kids. I wonder if they troll people like that all the time or there was a sign and you missed it.

Senior Moderator

Haven't forgotten about this. Got a bunch of assignments due. Then I have five months off! So much time for photos...

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha I was at that tower last weekend. It was still closed for renovations. That's weird about that kid... Why would anyone care if you took photos or walked up there?! xD Nice job catching some kangaroos. I see a bunch when I walk my dog on summer evenings and I'm always worried they'll attack. xD Usually they run off in the end after staring for ages.

I like these two a lot!
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psc24vwkdh.jpg
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ps3olqnb9m.jpg
    GCEA