Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Where do you do most of your gaming?

Are you mainly someone who enjoys certain consoles, or are you a PC gamer?

For me, I'm mainly a PC gamer. I play a lot of first person shooters and for aiming, nothing beats a mouse. A lot of sniping relies on very precise aiming and you can't get that with a control stick on a controller. You'll miss the opportunity to take the shot more often than not.

Also, there are a LOT of games that are PC exclusive. And Steam sales are a beautiful thing.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hm... if I had to guess I'd say mainly it's on the computer. For many many many years I was a DS gamer but since I don't use it much anymore due to less accessible time for it, I mainly play stuff on the computer now.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

As a kid, I was definitely a handheld gamer, as I always carried my GBA and then my DS around with me, even when I went out to places like the supermarket. I still played my home consoles like the PS2 and Wii, but the games I played most often - namely Pokémon and some platformers - were on the handhelds. At this age the only PC games I had were The Sims, which I loved, and Sonic Mega Collection Plus, which I preferred on the PS2.

Now that I've gotten older, it's a mix between PC and console. I still play handhelds, but I like the social element from playing the PS4 with friends, and I play the PC when I want to play games you either can't get on any other platform, or ones that have improved PC versions. Generally I'm quite balanced between the three, compared to some people who solely choose one platform.

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

I prefer console because my hands fit more naturally to a controller than they do a keyboard and mouse, and so does my mind (if that makes sense). I do play PC games, but not quite as often. I don't have the best PC in the world, so that very much limits its capabilites and the titles it can handle. So I'd say consoles for sure, especially factoring handheld consoles (I only own Nintendo handheld consoles though).

Senior Moderator

Console homestead. Though i have a particular fondness of the handheld.

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    Honestly, I've only used my 3DS in the past two years! So I guess that automatically puts me in the handheld category. Annoyingly I don't really have time for games anymore because I have so many projects/commitments, so that means I'm playing wherever and whenever I can!! I was always more of a console person when I was really into gaming though.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I don't own a PC so there goes that idea. XD I mainly use my PS4 and 3DS. I muuuuuch prefer consoles to computer gaming anyhow. For the life of me I just can't use a keyboard and mouse. The mouse I have no problem with, but I just can't seem to get my hands around a keyboard. It's annoying. ;n; That said, I don;t mind the occasional game played using an emulator, if I really want to PC game. Or something random on Steam. LOOKIN' AT YOU, UNDERTALE. <3

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I mostly play on my 3DS, I guess. Though I've only been playing Pokemon Shuffle since I finished ORAS. xD I do a bit of PC gaming but I prefer to use a controller with most games even on PC. I don't have any actual consoles hooked up at the moment and it always seems like an effort to get them out and put them away. xD Maybe I'd play more if I had proper room to keep them hooked up all the time.
    GCEA

Almost exclusively on my 3DS. I'm not much of a gamer, so I don't have many games nor do I frequently play most of the games I do have. I pretty much only play Pokemon, and I've hardly even been playing it lately. I used to replay Pokemon games in quick succession, but now that I'm in college, I don't have a lot of time (I've only played X since being here and I'm only at Route 14). I do have a PS3/PS2 that I play, albeit very rarely. I've never been into PC or Xbox games, though.

|||||||||

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    The PC! I also have a Wii, Game Boy Advance, and a DS Lite that somewhat functions, but I rarely pull them out and use them.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links