Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm just excited for an actual timer turn thingy in the next round. I feel like I did very, very, very little. But this will help me have an input EVERY TURN! And yeah, getting knocked the fluff out should be a thing... I actually imagined that I would corner a Pokemon who would be very stressed looking at my Evolved Fighting-ness compared to its Unevolved Normal fluffiness, and then the Stalker inside snaps, and I proceed to get an achievement for being the only player to get himself killed.
    "Some situations aren't made to be pressed to their limits..."
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Six View Post
    I'm just excited for an actual timer turn thingy in the next round. I feel like I did very, very, very little. But this will help me have an input EVERY TURN! And yeah, getting knocked the fluff out should be a thing... I actually imagined that I would corner a Pokemon who would be very stressed looking at my Evolved Fighting-ness compared to its Unevolved Normal fluffiness, and then the Stalker inside snaps, and I proceed to get an achievement for being the only player to get himself killed.
    "Some situations aren't made to be pressed to their limits..."
    listen i worked hard for my darwin award and i will brook no competition

As for the skills mechanic, would it be possible for the player characters to have skills? You mentioned passive skills that might help on a search, but say there was a padlock. What would stop one of our Fighting-types from smashing it?

I still think that a mechanic for suspicion from the townsfolk would be good. We sat back and let the murderers run around for a while; while it was for a greater good, who's to say that everyone would see it that way? I doubt anyone that found out that we knew a bunch of Stalker identities would be terribly pleased with the Emissaries doing what in their minds is probably nothing.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    listen i worked hard for my darwin award and i will brook no competition

As for the skills mechanic, would it be possible for the player characters to have skills? You mentioned passive skills that might help on a search, but say there was a padlock. What would stop one of our Fighting-types from smashing it?

I still think that a mechanic for suspicion from the townsfolk would be good. We sat back and let the murderers run around for a while; while it was for a greater good, who's to say that everyone would see it that way? I doubt anyone that found out that we knew a bunch of Stalker identities would be terribly pleased with the Emissaries doing what in their minds is probably nothing.
    We could do something like this where you could "buy" a skill when you sign up, as well as extra Health and/or Stress points. We could also do it where you could customize how much health and stress tolerance your character has, but if you spent a lot of points on Health, for example, you won't have as much for Stress and you may not be able to buy a skill, and vice versa and so on.

Also, offhand, how would people feel about Sun and Moon Pokémon being in this? Personally, I don't see it as a problem, but I'm not sure if any of you are dodging spoilers.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Personally, I don't mind Sun and Moon spoilers. Trying to stay unspoiled is way too much hassle for me. XD

And ooh, skill points! Love me some level-up mechanics. Maybe there could also be skills that make searching and interviewing better, too, if those are going to have some sort of failure chance, as well as skills that mimic NPC skills (if for whatever reason an NPC is being uncooperative, needs something done that no one wants to do, etc).

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

I'm not actively avoiding or seeking Sun/Moon spoilers, so I don't mind either way.

I do like the idea of skills. Those make it so easy for character customization and could allow me to do what I normally do in multiplayer games: Play the tank-style protector.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Ooooh, I like that idea, Neo! As in the "buy a skill" thing. Kind of like everyone has their own personal trait.

Also I think Xanthe was avoiding spoilers for Sun/Moon, so you might wanna run that idea by her. O:

Something I thought might be kind of interesting... If we want to go for a horror theme, why not ramp up the paranoia a little bit? Maybe if a certain Pokemon gets a bit too close to the truth, townspeople or Stalkers could actively seek them out? For example, if Laura is hot on NTH's trail, she receives a personalized warning from them? Or perhaps even certain Emissaries could be blackmailed by Stalkers, through PMs?

Also I know we never did use the Assassinations, but maybe we can work on that a bit, too? Like, perhaps taking into account type advantages, evolutions, size, speed and the like.
    For example, Laura goes to assassinate Senia. Senia fends Laura off by virtue of type advantage. But when Aurimas goes to Assassinate Senia, his superior size and weight, as well as his type advantage, allows him to prevail.
    Also, maybe with each Assassination that is failed on a specific Stalker, that Stalker gets more prepared for future Assassinations, and more agitated, perhaps sending more of the threats?

Just some ideas, they'd probably need more work.

Administrator

Aww, darn. So I won't be helper for this next one huh? Maybe next one then :p. *wanted to help with this first one actually xD*

It'll be nice to get another run in later on for sure! Already can't wait for it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

What about some ways for us to defend ourselves? If not Pokemon moves, than some kind of appropriate weaponry?

(was actually hoping to fight a monster or three)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Great job Neo! I will try and give more feedback later, but for now I wanna say that I actually found it fun to try and figure out the stalker identities, and that maybe it would be cool NOT to have a ritual/other ways of winning but to actually have to figure them out. :O
    GCEA