Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Such good points! I can't wait to work on this with Neo. >w< We're going to make it awesome for you guys! I think I might end up making a video explaining how things work if that's easier for people to sit through than reading a long explanation. We'll see. XD Hopefully it won't be complicated.

I definitely like the idea of involving type advantages/disadvantages into assassinations. And skills as a whole. It might take a while for us to sort through everything, haha.

Also yeah...avoiding Sun and Moon spoilers over here. xD Then again, if we don't get this all figured out until next month, it won't matter! Because it comes out in a month. 8D

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    One thing just occurred to me: I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Legends in the next one. Maybe not up-close and personal, but it seemed to me that other than Mew being in the sign up thread we didn't see much of them - even during the Sin Purge ritual, if memory serves. It would be cool to see how the Legends play into this, have more/cultural implications in-universe, etc.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Was way too short for a college student like me. Had a busy week and once I was ready it was done. :(

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    One thing just occurred to me: I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Legends in the next one. Maybe not up-close and personal, but it seemed to me that other than Mew being in the sign up thread we didn't see much of them - even during the Sin Purge ritual, if memory serves. It would be cool to see how the Legends play into this, have more/cultural implications in-universe, etc.
    No problem, we'll try to think of some ways to incorporate them more, but it is more about the players (Emissaries) in the overall picture of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Was way too short for a college student like me. Had a busy week and once I was ready it was done. :(
    Round 2 is guaranteed to be longer, but I figured better to run something short and sweet than have something go on for way too long and never get finished. There's room for it to grow and that's exactly what we're doing with it.

5. This post has been liked by:

I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE PUMPED FOR THE SEQUEL! It's gonna be bigger, better, and longer! Neo and I are currently building on it. We'll update you guys when we've progressed.

Right now I'd say it's about 15% complete, but hey, that's only with a few days' work! Most of it was laying down the groundwork, so once that's done and we just have to fill in the gaps, it'll be a much quicker process.

Senior Moderator

Can't wait--here's hoping we can actually use some Poke-powers this go-round.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Can't wait--here's hoping we can actually use some Poke-powers this go-round.
    What sort of poké-powers do you wish to see? Mainly we just have it incorporated as types affecting small aspects of the experience (like interviewing) but did you have something more significant in mind? :)

Senior Moderator

Actually getting to use moves our chosen Pokemon (and its evolutions) know in battle, as well as possibly interacting with the world, like a Pikachu using Thunderbolt to warn something away or jumpstart an electrical device, a Fire type being able to create campfires (and in effect mini safe zones).
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Actually getting to use moves our chosen Pokemon (and its evolutions) know in battle, as well as possibly interacting with the world, like a Pikachu using Thunderbolt to warn something away or jumpstart an electrical device, a Fire type being able to create campfires (and in effect mini safe zones).
    I don't want to say too much, but we're bending things more along the lines that you would have to have the skills and knowledge on how to pumpstart said electrical device to get any use of out it without destroying it. Just because you're an electric type Pokémon doesn't automatically mean you know how to do this correctly. As someone who has worked with building circuit boards and electronic devices, too much voltage could fry the entire thing (and it creates a very awful smell!). Of course, once you have this skill, you're free to RP yourself correctly doing this, but until you do, you're not sure how it works. It's like expecting someone to do open heart surgery before they go to medical school and complete their residency. Just because they have two hands to hold surgical tools doesn't mean they know how to use them correctly for their intended purpose, and the same applies for this, also.

Once you have the skill, if you want to RP yourself making resourceful use of your electric powers just for fun, that's always welcome because in that situation, it's implied your character knows what they're doing and how to do it right. But in this game, being a certain Pokémon doesn't automatically unlock certain skills.

At the moment, we don't have a definite battling/combat component to this game (although there are a few things that will be kind of like it). Given, I don't want to say TOO much, but your Pokémon selection will still matter more than it did in Round 1.

If there's anything i can do to help out, I am a pretty good writer if i say so myself. Because I LOVED THIS THING SO MUCH!
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers