Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Moderator

Ah, I see--can't wait to see what Round 2 will be like
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I don't want to say too much, but we're bending things more along the lines that you would have to have the skills and knowledge on how to pumpstart said electrical device to get any use of out it without destroying it. Just because you're an electric type Pokémon doesn't automatically mean you know how to do this correctly. As someone who has worked with building circuit boards and electronic devices, too much voltage could fry the entire thing (and it creates a very awful smell!). Of course, once you have this skill, you're free to RP yourself correctly doing this, but until you do, you're not sure how it works. It's like expecting someone to do open heart surgery before they go to medical school and complete their residency. Just because they have two hands to hold surgical tools doesn't mean they know how to use them correctly for their intended purpose, and the same applies for this, also.

Once you have the skill, if you want to RP yourself making resourceful use of your electric powers just for fun, that's always welcome because in that situation, it's implied your character knows what they're doing and how to do it right. But in this game, being a certain Pokémon doesn't automatically unlock certain skills.

At the moment, we don't have a definite battling/combat component to this game (although there are a few things that will be kind of like it). Given, I don't want to say TOO much, but your Pokémon selection will still matter more than it did in Round 1.
    Well maybe not so much just use electric moves to just kickstart electric panels. More to maybe to recharge or take in energy. One example being an electrical surge constantly flowing through an area do to a recent accident. the place was unaccessible until after it happened and it can be stated when it does or something due to an explosion the night before, or a small electrical pulse that deals damage to anyone effected by it with its radius (-1 hp if normal effectiveness and +2 with super effectiveness).

As for the battle system....I have an idea. I'll PM it to you soon as I can Neo. I feel it may work here pretty well

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Good points, guys. The only thing is, once we implement one type, we have to implement seventeen others. When it's electrical-related, it's easy to factor in. When you try to set up a dark-type problem...well...where do you even begin? And we can't have several scenarios for each different type (as one scenario per type would leave some people unable to help if another person gets in before them). Instead we have another skill set that will work very well, regardless of your type.

@Chakramaster At this point, battling might be too complicated to factor in. xD We already have a lot to do just by expanding the list of residents. After adding in new features, it's going to be bigger already, and trying to make room for battling may not be the best idea. Things still need to be kept relatively simple, otherwise there'll be a million things for players to read through, and for Neo and I to keep in mind.

Keeping in mind what people want is also something we're interested in doing, so all this is not to say that we can't compromise. ;) I'm happy to involve something very simple that only certain types can do, for instance. But at the moment, that isn't a priority during the planning stages so it'll be something we work out later. :]

Thanks for the input, guys!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Good points, guys. The only thing is, once we implement one type, we have to implement seventeen others. When it's electrical-related, it's easy to factor in. When you try to set up a dark-type problem...well...where do you even begin? And we can't have several scenarios for each different type (as one scenario per type would leave some people unable to help if another person gets in before them). Instead we have another skill set that will work very well, regardless of your type.

@Chakramaster At this point, battling might be too complicated to factor in. xD We already have a lot to do just by expanding the list of residents. After adding in new features, it's going to be bigger already, and trying to make room for battling may not be the best idea. Things still need to be kept relatively simple, otherwise there'll be a million things for players to read through, and for Neo and I to keep in mind.

Keeping in mind what people want is also something we're interested in doing, so all this is not to say that we can't compromise. ;) I'm happy to involve something very simple that only certain types can do, for instance. But at the moment, that isn't a priority during the planning stages so it'll be something we work out later. :]

Thanks for the input, guys!
    Maybe I'll send it to you both then. I love the thought of this battle system. I've had some years of experience using it. Of course I'd have to twist it up a bit to fit this, but that's simple enough. When I get some time later I'll send it to you both. Not really got anything better to do anyway. Still stuck in this hospital bed until at least Friday :(

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Maybe I'll send it to you both then. I love the thought of this battle system. I've had some years of experience using it. Of course I'd have to twist it up a bit to fit this, but that's simple enough. When I get some time later I'll send it to you both. Not really got anything better to do anyway. Still stuck in this hospital bed until at least Friday :(
    Well, all right, I'll check it out and think it over. If it seems like it would fit with what we're doing, we could try it.

Hope things go well, dude. I hate dealing with hospitals...

@Chakramaster Omg that sucks! D: I hope you're okay! We'll definitely give the battle system a read, though no guarantees for implementation. GCEA, ASB and URPG are already systems revolving around or including battle so there's not so much a need for it. In terms of narrative, there's not much need either.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I think we would benefit from maybe having some things changed in order to give us more of a challenge and force us to strategize and use our actions wisely.

I feel as if every X actions should be when a murder occurs, instead of semi-randomly. c: That way we can't just explore all willy-nilly and be able to complete the game so easily. There will be a consequence to everything, basically.
    Speaking of consequences, maybe make more of our actions have potential negative consequences?

Also maybe we can still have a solve-all route, but maybe make it much more challenging than it was so we don't, again, solve the whole story before we find everything out. Exposition is important and by hacing an easy solve-all, we miss out on a lot of plot building.

Not really a big fan of a battling system. This is meant to be a murder mystery; its meant to be strategic and brainy, n a sense

I do agree with Eric though about being able to utilize our abilities as Pokemon in some way! I liked the little mention that my Snivy was able to access the top floor of the abandoned, dilapidated apartments thanks to her size. There should be various things that certain Pokemon can or can't do based on their abilities, to act as further obstacles so we can, once again, strategize who does what. Maybe a door is a little too heavy for a smaller, weaker Pokemon to open? Maybe there are some things that require opposable thumbs or something? Etc. Even if it doesnt involve our Pokemon utilizing their attacks I feel that this makes things feel much more realistic and immersive.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 12-04-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Ah goodie. The rules to Round 2 are on the verge of being done, but we're keeping everything quiet just in case we need to make a last minute change or addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I think we would benefit from maybe having some things changed in order to give us more of a challenge and force us to strategize and use our actions wisely.

I feel as if every X actions should be when a murder occurs, instead of semi-randomly. c: That way we can't just explore all willy-nilly and be able to complete the game so easily. There will be a consequence to everything, basically.
    Speaking of consequences, maybe make more of our actions have potential negative consequences?
    You'll be happy to know there's now a set system as to when murders occur. It's not random anymore, there's going to be Day and Night cycles. You'll get to do one action for each cycle. Some actions behave differently depending on the cycle, and some actions are only available during one of those cycles, but not both.

And yes, some of your actions and choices can have potential negative consequences. You'll also run into situations where you need to choose who survives and who dies. What's that you say? You wanted more challenges? Oh boy, you're in for a real treat, then! >:3

Also maybe we can still have a solve-all route, but maybe make it much more challenging than it was so we don't, again, solve the whole story before we find everything out. Exposition is important and by hacing an easy solve-all, we miss out on a lot of plot building.
    Without spoiling anything, I can say there's multiple ways to win and finish Round 2, but it's extremely unlikely and impossible you'll solve everything 100% perfectly where everyone survives, goes home happy, and eats, drinks, and stays merry. Some deaths will be out of your control. Some you will have to make a very hard decision, but nonetheless, heavy outcomes rely on it. And not taking action is still a decision. We could run Round 2 a hundred times and I honestly think the outcome would be different each and every time.

Not really a big fan of a battling system. This is meant to be a murder mystery; its meant to be strategic and brainy, n a sense
    We actually tried to incorporate a battling system, and it just didn't fit in with what we were trying to do. So yeah, no battles.

I do agree with Eric though about being able to utilize our abilities as Pokemon in some way! I liked the little mention that my Snivy was able to access the top floor of the abandoned, dilapidated apartments thanks to her size. There should be various things that certain Pokemon can or can't do based on their abilities, to act as further obstacles so we can, once again, strategize who does what. Maybe a door is a little too heavy for a smaller, weaker Pokemon to open? Maybe there are some things that require opposable thumbs or something? Etc. Even if it doesnt involve our Pokemon utilizing their attacks I feel that this makes things feel much more realistic and immersive.
    And you will! :D

Your size matters, your type(s) matters, and your evolution stage matter not just for Interview rapport, but for a LOAD of other things as well. Certain areas and barriers can only be bypassed by certain types of Pokémon. Bigger Pokémon get more health, but are more susceptible to taking damage while smaller Pokémon can dodge it more easily thanks to their smaller and more nimble sizes. Yes, there's traps. Oh sweet heaven to Betsy, there are traps.

And YES, you will DEFINITELY NEED to strategize about who does what depending on your character's skills, what kinds of perks they have available, and who hasn't had their Health and Sanity stats beaten to a pulp yet and can take on entering some of those more dangerous areas. Every member of the team has the chance to make a massive difference. Get your friends, get anyone who know in on this. The more people you have to help you, the better your chances will be. The magic word for Round 2 is: Diversify!

Xanthe and I are VERY excited how about this is developing and we're avidly looking forward to game day. Be prepared! >:3

9. This post has been liked by: