Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokemon

Shiny Pokemon

Have you caught or found and shinies so far?! Sun and Moon made shiny hunting a lot easier with its SOS battle feature. All you do is craft a chain by getting a wild Pokemon to continually call for help and defeating its allies until a shiny one rears its head. All you need is False Swipe, an Adrenaline Orb, a lot of PP to KO the help, and a ton of patience!

So far, I've chained a Shiny Rockruff (chain number unknown, but it took five hours) and Shiny Bounsweet (chain of 61)! I'm about to start chaining for a Cutiefly!
    Last edited by Corey; 12-04-2016 at 10:42 PM.

|||||||||

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I found a shiny Fearow the other day! Not chaining or anything, just random out of nowhere. :p It was awesome.

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Omg how annoyed would you be if you SOS chained a pokemon but it called a different pokemon (like carbink + sableye) and the different pokemon was the shiny one. xD

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

4. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Omg how annoyed would you be if you SOS chained a pokemon but it called a different pokemon (like carbink + sableye) and the different pokemon was the shiny one. xD
    I was actually just thinking this yesterday when I tried chaining for a while. xD I WOULD RAGE SO HARD.

6. This post has been liked by:

I found a Shiny Alolan Vulpix at a chain of 202! I told myself I was going to give up at 200 and catch a non-Shiny Snow Warning Vulpix, but it broke out of the ball, summoned an ally, and summoned another ally after I defeated the last, and it was the Shiny! It even has Snow Warning!!! Unfortunately, it has a Sassy Nature, which is very disappointing. I'll be able to fix it once I can hack my 3DS/Powersaves comes out with Nature codes.

I'm probably going to wait until I get the Shiny Charm to chain more, which I'll get whenever Pokemon Bank opens or Powersaves comes out with a code for it. SOS chaining is extremely tedious. This was my second time going for Vulpix (first time ended the chain at 100), I've gone for Cutiefly twice (ended the chain at 250 and 125 respectively), and Pikipek (ended the chain at eighty). My Rockruff took five hours to chain (lost count) and Bounsweet took a mere sixty. It's so mindless and time-consuming...

|||||||||

Today I started to chain a Cutiefly and reached a chain of precisely 200 before I gave up. This is the third time I've attempted to chain Cutiefly, with each chain persisting to AT LEAST 200 (I lost count on the first one after 150, but I went for a while after). Thus, I've decided to call it quits for Cutiefly and I've shinified my own with Powersaves. I now have the Shiny Charm (bless up Powersaves), but even with it, the chances are 1/683, even less than X and Y's Friend Safari and ORAS' DexNav. SOS Chaining is admittedly more mindless and effortless, but it's extremely tedious...Normally I wouldn't shinify a Pokemon for myself because in the back of my mind I'll know it's illegitimate, but I feel fully justified in shinifying Cutiefly after all of the time and work I've put in. I'll likely shoot for Pikipek next, but it'll be a while before I'm in the mood to SOS Chain again (not that I really have anything else left to do, but still).

Has anyone else pursued any shinies? VENT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS HERE, BECAUSE IF YOU'VE BEEN SOS CHAINING, YOU DEFINITELY HAVE FRUSTRATIONS TO VENT.

EDIT: I'm actually just going to start another chain.......maybe better luck with the Shiny Charm.

EDIT 2: Carelessly ended the chain at, like, thirty-five. THAT'S IT I'M SHINIFYING. I'VE NEVER DESERVED A SHINY MORE.
    Last edited by Corey; 12-13-2016 at 08:23 PM.

|||||||||

@Corey but how can you feel good about gaining a shiny when you know it's illegitimate and you gave up on chaining? D: I'd feel so guilt ridden at that, no matter how long I spent trying, aha.

Hellooo! It's so good to see everyone again!! Speed-X's Avatar
    I've been resetting for a shiny Null...except I haven't been. I haven't even been playing much, and the Null I get HAS to be shiny. THERE IS ONLY ONE PER GAME. So...yeah. c:

SOS chaining is interesting...really haven't done it enough, though. The first one I did was with Crabrawler and I got a shiny probably at least 100 encounters later.

The other night when I was trying to fill my dex, I ran into a Pichu. I thought "well that's odd, is that the lighting or is that a shi--"
    It sparkled. It. Sparkled. Out of nowhere, a random encounter, FULL ODDS SHINY. IT WAS AMAZING. I don't think there's a better feeling than finding a full odds shiny. <3 especially when you aren't even trying jfc

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

I was actually just thinking this yesterday when I tried chaining for a while. xD I WOULD RAGE SO HARD.
    But
    Why would you rage D8 A SHINY IS A SHINY IS A SHINY!! You're a winner either way <3

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

It really depends on the person. Some people are completely and utterly against hacking, and on the other end of the spectrum, some people hack just about everything and have little issue doing so. I mean hey, if you gen 500 shiny Pokemon are perfectly happy with them, why not? Or if you only seek legitimate shinies and don't want to hack, hey, you do you! I personally lean more toward the "other end" that I just mentioned: I do a ton of hacking - nearly any competitive Pokemon I use is PKHeX'd, because it's far easier than doing it the legitimate way and it produces the same results. I really have no problem genning Pokemon for competitive use (they're all legit hacks, except for some I use in the Battle Tree because THE BATTLE TREE IS 100% UNFAIR DAMN HAX like in the Maison I used Contrary Delphox with Overheat, Psycho Boost, Draco Meteor, and Leaf Storm, but I'd never use that against any real person unless it was a hack battle).

For shinies, however, I'm a bit more conservative. I do like them to be legitimate (and a lot of mine are), but I also have shinies that are 100% genned and I don't mind at all. Most of my shinies are legitimately shiny, but edited to have perfect stats, natures, moves, etc, which I'm totally fine with and do with pretty much all of my shinies. ANYWAY I FEEL NO REMORSE SHINIFYING CUTIEFLY BECAUSE I WAS ROBBED NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THE PAIN AND SUFFERING THAT I DID FOR SOME DUMB PINK FLY SIUAFHJSHGBVFIUVS HOURS UPON HOURS OF MINDLESS CHAINING I'M BRAIN DEAD EVEN IF I KEPT GOING AND GOT MY SHINY IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WORTH IT AT ALL WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BRING BACK THE POKERADAR

|||||||||

12. This post has been liked by:

I'm not like, utterly against hacking if you use it for personal reasons (I wouldn't do it, though). If someone wants to hack, they can hack all they want. As long as it doesn't interfere with my game play. For myself, I'd just feel kind of let down if I resorted to that, you know? If I spend so much of my hard time and effort I want to end up with the legit shiny I wanted in the first place. But I'm just real particular like that. xD

SOS chaining is a *****, though.

@Speed-X Truuuuuuue, but I'd still be bummed I didn't get the Pokemon I was after.. ;c