Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokemon

I'm honestly not very disappointed that I ended up hacking Cutiefly, but actually disappointed that SOS chaining for so long lead to nothing. >:(((((((((((((( I wouldn't have done it if I didn't put in so much effort already. I feel justified this time, though, BECAUSE I ACTUALLY DIED IN THE PROCESS OF SOS CHAINING AND I WASN'T BOUTTA LET MY DEATH BE IN VAIN. My next target is Pikipek (which I've chained for once before to a chain of about 100 fml)! I have the Shiny Charm now, so HOPEFULLY it doesn't end up to be a waste of time and effort. But again, if I legitimately die in the process, I'll probably shinify it. I'm start chaining now because I have nothing else to do tbh, so I'll update you guys later!

The mechanics for SOS chaining have been largely figured out, and I'm going to post a guide soon. But to be brief, the shiny chance is at its maximum once you get to a chain of seventy. A Pokemon is rolled three times at and after a chain of seventy. That's to say that the shiny chance is 3x the normal rate at a chain of seventy until a chain of 255. At 255, the chain completely resets for some reason (HA chance, EV yield, and IV odds also reset). So with the Shiny Charm, each new Pokemon has about a 1/683 chance of being shiny once you hit a chain of seventy. I've seen a lot of people get shinies at a chain as low as thirty, though (and I'm bitter enemies with said people).

|||||||||

AT A CHAIN OF 232 (((((WITH THE SHINY CHARM))))) I FINALLY GOT PIKIPEK. IT WASN'T WORTH IT AT ALL. IT HAS A LACKLUSTRE NATURE AND IT'S HA, WHICH IS COMPLETELY USELESS AND CAN'T BE CHANGED WITH AN ABILITY CAPSULE. i hate this game sun and moon for worst pokemon games

I can honestly say I wasn't even excited when it popped up. It was getting dangerously close to 255 and I had lost hope at that point. And I had put in so much work that it was hardly a welcomed surprise. I don't think I've ever felt this jaded about a shiny before...It took an astonishing two hours, which is wonderful compared to other chains I've done. Thank god Pikipek at least has a high call rate. At least I can fix its nature and ability!
    Last edited by Corey; 12-14-2016 at 02:32 AM.

|||||||||

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I haven't even been focused on SOS Chaining, if only because once you start it you can't end it and come back to it like other Shiny methods. I'm sticking to the Masuda method for now, although I guess that's my only option considering I'm trying to get a Shiny Litten. I'd try and chain a Sandygast, but False Swipe doesn't work on it because it's a Ghost-type, and there isn't a wide selection of alternatives to counteract that, so once again the Masuda method is my best bet. It does help a lot that they've made it way easier to quickly obtain and hatch eggs, though. :)

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Starting a Popplio hunt! I'm currently about a box in. Don't fail me Masuda. Hatching eggs is very easy in Sun and Moon, seeing as you get the Oval Charm easily, you have Tauros to speed hatching up, eggs can be sent directly to boxes, and the new breeding mechanic can show you when you'll get your shiny (I'm doing the conventional way, though). It's unfortunate that the egg you'll get is predetermined, so hopefully I have a shiny in my future!

It's also worth noting I got a 5 IV Shiny Cutiefly from the GTS! It doesn't have a perfect Special Attack IV, so I'm assuming the OT was dissatisfied and decided to trade it.

|||||||||

Shiny Popplio on the 100th egg!!! It only took about three (non-consecutive) hours! It hatched female, Modest, 3IV, and has the egg moves Aqua Ring, Charm, Perish Song, and Amnesia. I got the father on Wonder Trade and it had all those egg moves, meaning someone went through a lot of work trying to get a great Primarina (Smeargle is required for those egg moves!!!).

Honestly, Shiny Female Popplio is probably one of the rarest/most desired Pokemon in Sun and Moon. I mean, normal Female Primarina is pretty sought after as well LOL. Anyway, pretty stoked that this didn't take 50 years. MMing is far superior to SOS Chaining - not only is the rate higher, but you can at least guarantee great IVs and egg moves if you so choose (SOS chaining at least yields four IVs after a chain of 30). Happy that my Sun and Moon team now all have Shiny counterparts!
    Last edited by Corey; 12-25-2016 at 05:50 AM.

|||||||||

after breaking my chain multiple times due to struggling and running out of moves, after my 4th try I finally got myself a shiny Pikipek through SOS chaining. The next on my list is either a Rockruff or a beldum. I think I'm going to try and get Both shiny counterparts for Lycanroc and as you can get the opposite Lycanroc in the wild on Poni island, that will work perfectly.

Edit: Today was even more productive for shines. I caught 3 in the last few hours, all through SOS. I caught a rockruff. I wasn't counting chains but it wasn't too long so perhaps a chain of 60-90. I then got super lucky and got a shiny female Salandit at a chain of roughly 50 and then a shiny Fomantis on maybe a chain of 100 or so. So today has been quite a good day for me for shines and how I got super lucky for getting a shiny female Salandit first time considering there is a 1 in 8 chance of getting a female.
    Last edited by Coru; 12-29-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

I'm a family clam
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

I've started to soft reset for Type: Null. It's just a break from playing Sun but here's to hoping I get it!
    @Speed-X did you ever get yours and if so how long did it take?
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-02-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I have no shinys yet :( I'm looking for a shiny Rowlet, and I had one that I got b/c a friend asked me to. I can't wait until pokebank is open so I can spam breeding without having to release/trade them in bulk :(

After Rowlet, I'm gonna work on the other 2 starters and a lapras!

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I've started to soft reset for Type: Null. It's just a break from playing Sun but here's to hoping I get it!
    @Speed-X did you ever get yours and if so how long did it take?
    Tbh I've yet to get it yet otherwise you would have heard from me. Maybe. xD tbh I really havent played sun in a while. Haven't really been motivated to
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-18-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

Senior Moderator

I'm working on trying to hatch a shiny Mimikyu. It's been over 200 eggs and still no shiny.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]