Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokemon

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

No shinies yet, at least as far as Sun goes. I dunno, to me, they just seem too rare to try and pursue. If I see one, I'd try to catch it anyway (even if I'm Nuzlocking, I would just plop it in storage). But yeah, that just hasn't happened yet.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Senior Moderator

I've already got a full box of shinies in my Sun game. I'm going to try for a Shiny Mareanie.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I haven't found a Shiny whilst hunting for a Litten, but two of my friends have managed to SOS Chain a Shiny Grubbin; one of them gets Shinies all of the time, he's just naturally lucky. On the other hand there's me, who hasn't had a Shiny since Generation IV, although I did get a number of them back then. :3

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

OMG. I'm SOS chaining for a Mimikyu and I'm dying here. I've been at it for 2 hours and have used 2 max elixir and 1 normal elixir.
    I have a good strategy [Use a Sableye with Foresight, then use a Mold breaker Pangoro with False Swipe and Lunala with Moongeist beam for some 1HKO] but I am having no luck. There's no doubt the chain has reset itself by the amount of Mimikyus I have defeated already. ;-;

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

Senior Moderator

I was trying to hatch for a shiny Mimikyu until I got two in Wonder Trade. I was up to 200 something and said screw it when I got the Wonder Trade ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I was trying to hatch for a shiny Mimikyu until I got two in Wonder Trade. I was up to 200 something and said screw it when I got the Wonder Trade ones.
    They are so awkward because of them being ghost and also their ability. Took ages for me to set up my strategy for hunting.
    BUT IT FINALLY PAID OFF. After about 3 hours, I finally got my shiny. I was contemplating giving up because I no doubt got through about 400 of those little things before it appeared. It was infuriating because I kept having to switch out because they charmed my attack down so much. just before I got it, I was getting paranoid about my cry for help Mimikyu struggling itself so just as it appeared I was about to KO it and use the next one, which was the shiny.

Two from wonder trade?! You're so lucky. I got a few shines from Wonder trade in ten 6, including a few legendaries but have never had the luck to get any in ten 7. I usually get the common cast offs people throw away to try and get lucky. xD

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

Senior Moderator

I get quite a few from Wonder Trade because I sit there for hours on end.

I ran into a Shiny Pikipek while looking for a Pichu on Route 1. Needless to say, I was super excited; I NEVER find shinies!

I haven't tried with the SOS method yet, though I probably will give it a go once I finish Sun. Mind you, I tried to get an Eevee to SOS (to find a female) and waited over 20 turns with no luck, so I don't know if I'll have any luck cx
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post
    I ran into a Shiny Pikipek while looking for a Pichu on Route 1. Needless to say, I was super excited; I NEVER find shinies!

I haven't tried with the SOS method yet, though I probably will give it a go once I finish Sun. Mind you, I tried to get an Eevee to SOS (to find a female) and waited over 20 turns with no luck, so I don't know if I'll have any luck cx
    I've got no shinies encounter like never in all my pugeyman games. Cept the red Gyarados in gen II. that's how much my luck sucks D:

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

It's nice to hear that everyone is having some luck in regards to shinies! I've found my share in Sun, but good god have I worked for them...In X and Y, I was rolling in shinies for some reason. RE shinies out the wazoo...I wish I had such luck nowaday LOL. I feel like part of it was also because the PokeRadar, which practically guaranteed a shiny of almost any Pokemon I wanted.

rip pokeradar 2006-2010
    rip pokeradar v2 2013-2014
    gone but not forgotten; always in our hearts

|||||||||

12. This post has been liked by: