Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Any Paint Tool SAI users here?

My process is I sketch twice (first sketch is mainly just to get the proportions right, second is to refine things and add the details), and then I do a Linework layer and use the Pen tool to do the line work. The nice thing is you can modify the lines so you get perfect curves and delete any extra anchor points that contributed to wobbly lines. It SOOO much feels like cheating, but it looks so much nicer. XD I can't... entirely recommend it because it takes gobs worth of time.

My question is with the Pen Tool lines, is there a way to merge anchor points so two separate lines can be linked as one? That would save me from having to compensate for these gaps. I've tried Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and all kinds of dual combinations of those and nothing really seems to do the trick, so I'm not sure if there's some other way of doing it.

If you need a picture reference to explain what I'm referring to, just let me know. :3

I originally used Paint tool SAI but now I have a Mac I don't think I can get it because it isn't compatible? So for one of my artworks I had to use Photoshop. What I did to get my smoothish lines was I used the brush tool and used pressure sensitivity. It took a while to get the hang of but as long as you have got a decent brush selected then all should be good. I used a round-edged brush and then went to the Brush settings, went to the Shape Dynamics section, changed the control preset to Pressure sensitive and changed the minimum diameter to 0. You just need to be mindful of the pressure you are putting down on the tablet because if you change it suddenly, the line will not be smooth enough, but that depends on the sensitivity of the tablet. If there are any brushes that have certain textures you need theres an extensive amount of them on deviant art, some of them you have to give credit when you do art with it and some you can use freely, just make sure you check before you use it to know what the creator asks. :)

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    @Neo Emolga Sorry this is late, and I did try a while back, but I couldn't find a method to do what you're talking about. D: Anchor points you usually just have to connect yourself. I don't even think you can do that in Photoshop. O: They should add that feature, seeing as there is a "merge anchor point" option in Adobe Illustrator. And that makes sense there, since Illustrator is primarily a drawing program.