Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I checked it out! Gallagher is quite awesome!

Despite the mention that you're unfamiliar with PMD games, he's totally fine and would totally fit in any PMD setting. But if you want a quick, five minute quick jump into what the whole PMD setting is like, this will give you a really good idea of the kinds of things to expect (Based on Gates to Infinity):

So if you want to jump into doing parts of the comic and join in on the artist rotation, this should really be all that you need. And if you have any questions about PMD stuff, I'd gladly answer that stuff having played through pretty much every PMD game since the beginning. Basically, there's no humans, Pokémon have built their own towns, societies, and civilizations, and usually there's some kind of world crisis in the mix and the protagonist, once a human but now Pokémon, has to not only figure out why they were transformed, but they also need to discover what they can do to stop a cataclysmic disaster from taking place.

Since a lot of the plot and background we're doing for this is totally on the fly and impromptu, you don't even need to worry about what happened in previous PMD games or that stuff.
    Are all the pokemon people?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Are all the pokemon people?
    Most of the characters involved in these games are natural Pokémon that have always lived in these Pokémon-only worlds. The protagonist in these games is a human that has become a Pokémon after being taken to these worlds. However, in some cases, there are a few other humans that have become Pokémon for various reasons:

PMD Rescue Team Red/Blue
    Spoiler:
    Gengar turns out to be a human that has become a Pokémon as a result of the Ninetales curse.

PMD Gates to Infinity
    Spoiler:
    As it turns out, you're not the only human that has become a Pokémon to save the world from the Bittercold that Kyurem is trying to protect. You eventually discover Kyurem has been defeating these other hidden humans and soon enough, you're all that left and all that stands in his way.

(Don't worry about these exceptions too much, though). :P

But generally, these Pokémon-only worlds only have Pokémon and these worlds are all that they have ever known in their lifetimes. Humans to them are the stuff of fantasy and fairytales and to tell them humans exist would be like telling people mermaids and centaurs exist. They know what they are but they're just myths to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Most of the characters involved in these games are natural Pokémon that have always lived in these Pokémon-only worlds. The protagonist in these games is a human that has become a Pokémon after being taken to these worlds. However, in some cases, there are a few other humans that have become Pokémon for various reasons:

PMD Rescue Team Red/Blue
    Spoiler:
    Gengar turns out to be a human that has become a Pokémon as a result of the Ninetales curse.

PMD Gates to Infinity
    Spoiler:
    As it turns out, you're not the only human that has become a Pokémon to save the world from the Bittercold that Kyurem is trying to protect. You eventually discover Kyurem has been defeating these other hidden humans and soon enough, you're all that left and all that stands in his way.

(Don't worry about these exceptions too much, though). :P

But generally, these Pokémon-only worlds only have Pokémon and these worlds are all that they have ever known in their lifetimes. Humans to them are the stuff of fantasy and fairytales and to tell them humans exist would be like telling people mermaids and centaurs exist. They know what they are but they're just myths to them.
    I guess I had a general idea before. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Thanks for the explaination! :D It sounds interesting *^*

5. This post has been liked by:

I got a submission up!
    I'm guessing that means you want to be in the rotation!

Quote Originally Posted by Liokora View Post
    Hi there! :D I just readed the whole thread!

I don't think I will have time to go for clean and coloured pages (since I have some hard time in doing my comic in time ahah xD) but if it's fine to work with sketchs I think I would be able to do it! :3 So if it's okay, I'm in ^-^
    We're not expecting masterpieces- this is meant to a fun thing for everyone to do

Quote Originally Posted by Liokora View Post
    Hi there! :D I just readed the whole thread!

I don't think I will have time to go for clean and coloured pages (since I have some hard time in doing my comic in time ahah xD) but if it's fine to work with sketchs I think I would be able to do it! :3 So if it's okay, I'm in ^-^
    We're not expecting masterpieces- this is meant to a fun thing for everyone to do!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon trainer Felix View Post
    I would Love to do this (i will probably be using My phone so the Pictures would be tiny)
    You're welcome to join, but I think we'll have some guidelines regarding page sizes to keep it consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by azura evley View Post
    could i join, even if im bad with drawing characters
    Anyone is welcome to join! It'd be good practice!

---

Also, I'm putting together a guide/tips/tricks for working on comics! I have one part of it written out- feel free to go check it out and ask any questions you have on how to make comic pages!

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    This is an awesome idea. Sign me up! :D (Even though my artwork's pretty bad..)

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    This is an awesome idea. Sign me up! :D (Even though my artwork's pretty bad..)

B-b-b-b-b-bad to the bone!

It's open to people of ALL skill levels, so don't feel BAD about where your art stands. This is a great chance to build on it and improve and see how other people do things, so see it as a great opportunity. Everyone starts from somewhere, but the more you put your skills to work and practice, the better you'll get. :3

(we are so silly here)

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    I'm guessing that means you want to be in the rotation!

We're not expecting masterpieces- this is meant to a fun thing for everyone to do

We're not expecting masterpieces- this is meant to a fun thing for everyone to do!

You're welcome to join, but I think we'll have some guidelines regarding page sizes to keep it consistent.

Anyone is welcome to join! It'd be good practice!

---

Also, I'm putting together a guide/tips/tricks for working on comics! I have one part of it written out- feel free to go check it out and ask any questions you have on how to make comic pages!
    Im not sure how much Ill be able to take part in this. My jobs keep me busy and mostly tired. Im trying to get more activity in drawing again.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Administrator

Im not sure how much Ill be able to take part in this. My jobs keep me busy and mostly tired. Im trying to get more activity in drawing again.
    Like they told me. You don't have to be involved in the artwork. Maybe you could help with the writing if you're too busy. I'm not great at art as I've said before, but I can help write out ideas. One day I'll offer a page, but it won't be very special at all....it'll be special in its own way xD, but not great. So even if it was a little longer, I'm sure it would be okay as long as you kept Neko and the others updated on the progress.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 01-22-2017 at 12:11 AM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

@Rival Max @Chakramaster

Also remember that the artists are on a rotation. It could be weeks to months between your turn. If your turn happens to fall during a bad time, you can request to skip your turn and be moved to the end of the current rotation.

13. This post has been liked by: