Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Daily Pokemon Stories

Working in conjunction with Daily Pokemon Opinions, each day a pokemon will be posted here. Your job is to write a short story, poem, or something else that suits your fancy involving said pokemon. How is up to you! And if you fall behind, that's perfectly okay! Post your stories anyway!

You can either post your work here or in another thread. But if you do post it in another thread do post the link here as well so people can find and read what you've written!

Some people who might like this:
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 01-11-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The Pokemon for today is...

The Bloom Sickle Pokemon, #754, Lurantis!

Here's my story
    Spoiler:
    To his horror, he realised he'd been this way before. They had warned him, of course, about the dangers of entering Lush Jungle, but the daring trainer from the Kalos region had decided not to listen. He had a Fletchinder as a partner, after all, what could a few grass types do? Oh how wrong he had been. And now Ulrich McKay was lost deep in Lush Jungle with no exit in sight, and the sun slowly rising.

Ulrich ducked his head under some low hanging branches as he searched for the path that the Trial Captain, Mallow, had ordered him to stay on. Scratches covered his unprotected legs as he marched through the underbrush. Ulrich felt a branch catch on his cargo shorts and he stumbled, falling into a thorny bush. He cried out in pain, the thorns barely missing his hazel eyes. Ulrich started to push himself up when he heard the underbrush nearby crunch. Ulrich froze at the sound. It was too heavy a footstep for that to be human, so what could it have been? A pokemon? Ulrich would not be surprised if it was that Passimian that had gotten him into this mess in the first place.

Ulrich listened carefully but dared not move until he heard the footsteps fade into the distance. He slowly pushed himself out of the thorn bush and inspected himself. Ulrich was starting to regret only wearing a red t-shirt and cargo shorts. He had been told Alola was very tropical in climate, but Lush Jungle was something else entirely. And as a result, his Caucasian skin was stained red from all the thorn cuts. He just wanted to get out of this place.

“Bruugo! Broo!” Ulrich’s head snapped to the right at the sound. He spotted a Passimian hanging from a tree nearby, his black backsack in its hands. Ulrich narrowed his eyes, the smug smirk on the white lemur’s face showing that it was confident it could outwit him at any turn. The little troublemaker had stolen Ulrich’s bag just as he was about to head out of the Lush Jungle. Despite being smaller than the average Passimian, the pokemon had used its strong arms to shake Ulrich from his bag and steal all its contents, including everything from all six of Ulrich’s pokemon to his only source of water and food. It had been sunset when his bag was stolen, so it had already been roughly eighteen hours since the Passimian stole his bag. He still had fifty-four hours before he was in severe danger of dehydration, but he would probably force himself to leave before that happened. Besides, in the ever changing whether of Lush Jungle, Ulrich was not even sure he would last that long anyway.

Ulrich slowly stepped forward towards the Passimian, its orange eyes watching the trainer’s every move. Just as Ulrich got within leaping distance, the Passimian stuck out its tongue at him and swung up into the tree, out of Ulrich’s reach. Ulrich cried out in frustration and began to climb the tree after the teamwork pokemon. The Passimian only climbed higher and higher, Ulrich following it as fast as he could. This was not an easy task for Ulrich. The poor black-haired boy kept stepping on branches too weak to hold him, causing him to slip and fall behind the Passimian. It seemed, however, that this pokemon was not too bright, as it never changed trees. Finally Ulrich felt he had cornered the Passimian, the lemur-like pokemon sitting on one of the top branches in the tree. It stared down at him, waving its tail back and forth in anticipation.

“Give me back my bag!” Ulrich yelled as he grabbed onto the branch just below the Passimian. The Passimian merely snickered and stuck its butt in the air, waving its tail teasingly. Ulrich noticed his bag was now wrapped around the Passimian’s tail, making its retrieval a much more difficult class than before. Ulrich started to plan out how he would acquire the bag when the pokemon suddenly jumped, dropping his bag and scampered into the canopy as far away from Ulrich as possible. Ulrich did not have time to wonder what spooked the pokemon, as he reached out in an attempt to catch his bag. The straps slipped right through his grasp and tumbled down back to the ground below. Well his water bottle was definitely not going to survive the fall, that much Ulrich was sure of. As he stared after his black backsack, a pink shape caught his eye on the lower part of the tree, and Ulrich froze. He suddenly realized why the Passimian had fled.

Mallow had mentioned that this was a trial site, so that there was a really strong pokemon that dwelled at this location. She had made sure to emphasize to stay on the path because as long as he did stray, he would not disturb this pokemon. However, because Ulrich had left the path, he had encroached on the Totem Pokemon’s territory. Halfway down the tree, a Lurantis stared up at him with fury filled red eyes. Ulrich swallowed nervously. One wrong move and he was bloom sickle food. Ulrich started to slowly reach for another branch, but even that slight movement set off the angry guardian. Using its claws, the Lurantis charged up the tree. The force caused the tree to shake quite a bit at the top. Ulrich lost his grip and slipped, falling from the tree. The Kalos native knew he was falling straight for the Lurantis and closed his eyes, hoping his end was merciful.

“Prip prip prip!” Ulrich heard the familiar cry of his partner and opened his eyes. He spotted an orange bird shoot up from the darkness below towards him. The Lurantis swung its blade at it, but Ulrich’s partner, Feu the Fletchinder, dodged with ease. The ember bird shot up to its falling master and grabbed Ulrich’s arm with its feet. Ulrich grabbed its leg with his other hand to help Feu. Feu chirped in what sounded like a chiding tone. Ulrich gave his friend a look, causing the Fletchinder to snort a little. “Pri!” Flapping its pointed black and gold wings, Feu increased the distance between Ulrich and Lurantis. Scorching flames erupted from its beak as it unleashed a flamethrower at the Totem Pokemon.

“Rruuri!” the Lurantis screeched in pain. Feu and Ulrich took that opportunity to dive past the praying mantis to the ground. Feu lowered Ulrich back to the ground, allowing Ulrich to collect his bag and scattered pokeballs. It seemed that, upon impact, Feu’s pokeball had been forcibly opened. It was lucky but Ulrich was not about to complain. Gathering up the other few scattered pokeballs, Ulrich stuffed everything in his bag. He was just starting to think he was out of the woods when there was a large crash behind him. Ulrich knew what it was before he even turned around. “Ruuu!” The man flinched at the angry cry and slowly looked over his shoulder to see the furious Lurantis. It had one of its pink blades high in the air, golden light surrounding it. It was charging an attack! Ulrich dove to the side just as the Solar Blade came crashing down, obliterating the ground where he had just stood. With Feu flying right beside him, Ulrich began to flee through the forest. He could hear the angry screams of the Lurantis along with the multiple crashes from what Ulrich could only assume where trees and other plants, but he dared not look back to confirm his assumption.

“Prrip! Prip pip!” Feu chirped, flying a little ahead of Ulrich to catch his attention. Ulrich looked at his partner and saw the bird wanted to be followed. Ulrich waved his hand, signaling Feu on. The ember bird began to lead Ulrich, ducking and weaving through underbrush and trees. Ulrich thought it might be a trick on his tired eyes, but he felt like the light was getting brighter in the jungle. Suddenly, Ulrich burst onto the path he had left eighteen hours before, but he did not stop to relax. The fiery cries of the Lurantis were growing louder by the second. Ulrich turned and sprinted down the path, recognizing this part of the path as being close to the entrance to Lush Jungle. It was not long before he spotted the Trial Gate just up ahead, and Ulrich put every bit of energy he had left in him towards sprinting for it. Just when he thought he had made it, the Lurantis burst from the trees and landed in between himself and the Trial Gate. Ulrich panted, sweating not only from the heat of the jungle but also breaking into a cold sweat from fear. He backed up slightly out of impulse. The Totem Pokemon was a lot larger than an average pokemon, Ulrich recalled hearing. This Lurantis displayed that quality quite well in Ulrich’s opinion. It raised its pink blade into the air again and began to charge when suddenly a voice called out,

“Lurantis! Halt!” The bloom sickle pokemon paused and then lowered its scythe, looked over its shoulder. Ulrich crumpled at the sound of the familiar voice. It was the Trial Captain, Mallow! “He did not mean to anger you! Please, go back into the Jungle.” The Lurantis hummed a moment before stomping off into the trees, leaving Ulrich, Mallow, and Feu to themselves. Mallow smiled and skipped over to Ulrich, offering him a hand. “Are you all right?

“How did you do that?” Ulrich asked, not even bothering to answer Mallow. Mallow cocked her head slightly, looking perplexed at the question before smiling again.

“It’s easy! The best way to anyone’s heart is through their stomach!” As if to agree, Ulrich’s stomach growled. It had been eighteen hours since he had last eaten. Mallow giggled and pulled Ulrich to a standing position. “Come on!” she coaxed, “Let’s go get you cleaned up! Lunch is on me.”
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-12-2017 at 02:42 AM.
    / / / / / / / /

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Time to get my Professor Oak on #ImprovProfessor

Lurantis
    Orchids of the plains,
    The sirens of the groves.
    Peaceful on the surface,
    but inside it, darkness grows.
    Upon the weak and weary,
    It's nature truly shows.
    Devouring it's prey,
    No mercy for its foes

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EZ View Post
    Time to get my Professor Oak on #ImprovProfessor

Lurantis
    Orchids of the plains,
    The sirens of the groves.
    Peaceful on the surface,
    but inside it, darkness grows.
    Upon the weak and weary,
    It's nature truly shows.
    Devouring it's prey,
    No mercy for its foes

You have quite the knack for poetry, EZ! Well done. Professor Oak would be proud.
    / / / / / / / /

7. This post has been liked by:

AD 

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Alright, let's do this!

My story:
    Spoiler:
    It's a brand new day, and once again I lie in wait.

Greetings, my name is Orchid, and up until yesterday I was a Fomantis, but now I have evolved into what local humans call "The Most Elegant Grass-type in the World" (which, incidentally, is a 100% correct and unbiased title). I am now a Lurantis, and today I make my first hunt in this brand new form. I wonder if I should try going after large prey, just to test my new power boost...

Suddenly, some bushes nearby rustle, interrupting my thoughts. I lay very still, waiting for whatever is behind those bushes to show itself -not everything that lurks around in the jungle is prey material, you know- so I can then lure it in with my Sweet Scent. The creature finally emerges, and the first thing I notice he is tall, at least twice as tall as me. Like me, he is bipedal, and pretty colorful too; I see lots of blue and white, with a few patches of black, the face and arms are brown. I recognize the species instantly. A human. For a moment, I am disappointed; unlike most other creatures, humans aren't as easily allured by Sweet Scent unless you're a female Salandit. But then I remember that some humans catch Pokemon to use as partners in battle. My mother called these types of humans "Trainers", and they are said to be able to bring forth a Pokemon's true potential. The human walks around, apparently lost, or perhaps looking for something. Is this human a Trainer? If he is, perhaps I should challenge him. After all, what better way to test my newfound skills?

When he gets close enough, I jump out. The human is startled and takes a few steps back, but his fearful expression immediately turns into an excited one.

"Wow!" he exclaims "A Lurantis!"

The human then takes out a red and white orb from his back.

"Go, Torracat!" he shouts as he throws the orb into the air.

The orb splits nearly in half and out of it bursts a bright light that materializes into a small black-and-orange catlike Pokemon. Even though I have never seen this species before, I can immediately tell that it is a Fire-type. This makes me rather nervous, but at the same time proud: the human must think I look formidable if he's sending out a Pokemon with a type advantage against me. He is taking me seriously, as he should.

I'll show you what I'm made of, Trainer. You better not hold back.

I'm not a very good writer, but I tried :P
    Last edited by Arrow-Jolteon; 01-12-2017 at 06:04 PM.

9. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    You have quite the knack for poetry, EZ! Well done. Professor Oak would be proud.
    Poetry flows easier for me than writing a story, i guess it is because a good chunk of my family are poets. I stress when it comes to stories, but poetry, is like music to me. I loves dem musics

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EZ View Post
    Poetry flows easier for me than writing a story, i guess it is because a good chunk of my family are poets. I stress when it comes to stories, but poetry, is like music to me. I loves dem musics
    Well I look forward to seeing more of your poetry in the future!
    @Arrow-Jolteon Ohhh good story! I like how you took Lurantis's actual size into account verses mine just being like a Godzilla of a Pokémon. I also liked how you make it seem like Pokémon jump out at trainers because they want to challenge them rather than us just kind of stumbling upon them. Very good story! I look forward to seeing more from you!
    / / / / / / / /

I know it ends abruptly, but it's 2:15am and this was meant to be shorter. xD Anyway, my take on the whole "omg such a gorgeous pokemon, wow so much beauty wow wow"

Spoiler:
    The most gorgeous pokémon there is. That’s what they call my species.

For generations, humans have bred countless fomantis in search of achieving the most colourful, the most gorgeous, and the most visually appealing lurantis their world has ever seen. But what does that mean for those of us who aren’t a perfect outcome of their selective breeding?

I slammed my curved limb into the faintly shimmering force field before me. Its purpose was to keep me hostage like a criminal, sealed into this prison without a hope for release. Those encaged with me were just as outraged, devastated and utterly terrified at what was to come for us all. We, the rejects; the spoiled outcome of greed, selfishness and wealth which failed to satiate the cravings of those concerned only with profit and glamour.

I was born in this sickly artificial facility like many others who reside here. Those who were imported and not born here were fomantis and lurantis from all over the world; the purebreds came from Alola while colour variants were brought in from other parts. The main difference rested only in the colour’s vibrancy or specific hue. Each fomantis not disposed of at birth due to instantly detectable inadequacy had been assessed; we were sorted into categories based on which parts of our bodies were of the most value.

I was bred to perfect the vibrancy of our wings. Although most lurantis were incapable of flight, the size, precise shape and intense colour of our wings were highly valued amongst buyers. But, of course, our wings were nonexistent in our pre-evolved forms, so each of us was required to evolve before true assessment could be conducted. However, my evolution had brought me nothing but a deaths sentence.

Every other aspect of my body was considered a success except the one thing I was bred for; therefore, I was unprofitable and nothing more than a waste product. I had heard what happens to those who weren’t put on the market for sale: it would draw too much attention to give us all to shelters or release us into the wild. Rangers would surely deem the phenomenon abnormal and launch an investigation. Operations like the one I was bred into were against the humans’ common laws, so it was all highly regulated and kept absolutely secret.

Once more I narrowed my so-called beautiful eyes and slashed at the barrier before me. It sizzled with electricity and then seared through my veins with an intense heat. According to the older lurantis kept for constant tests and bodily alteration, the force fields were composed of material designed to mimic certain effects and powers of other species. Namely, fire types. Each touch was like a flamethrower to our delicate features. None of us were accustomed to combat, and personally I had never felt the sting of poison, the touch of a steel wing or the impact of a hurled boulder. Some of the imports had battled, but lurantis like me who were born into this facility had never faced another pokémon before.

I sneered at the near-invisible energy surrounding our cage once more. Even if I was somehow strong enough to break through it, there was no possible way to escape. Never had I been outside the facility’s walls before, but I knew from experience that this place was much too large to venture through undetected. I heard a story once of a fomantis who had tried to escape before his evolution date was to come. He had been poached from a wildlife sanctuary because of his abnormally large size, which the humans must have assumed they could breed into their main lines. However, his escape was a failure, and he was never seen or heard from again.

“D-Four-Nine, stop hurting yourself.”

I whirled around to look a fellow lurantis in her glistening eyes. My hope fizzled as I released a slow sigh. The humans were so overly concerned with appearance alone that they had seen no worth in this wonderful being.

She was the kindest, most caring pokémon I had ever come across in the facility. She and I had been close friends for most of our miserably short lives. Our evolution dates had only been set a day apart, and we had always defended one another when a particularly bored facility occupant tried to entertain themselves by bullying others. We shared most of our strictly monitored meals of insects, premium plant matter and seeds together. The day I found out that I was being disposed of due to “insufficient product value,” she had vowed to find an owner who would love her enough to follow her back to the facility and rescue me before I was terminated. However, the humans deemed her similarly unprofitable merely the week after tests had been run and comparison work with other lurantis had been completed. She and I were equally as useless, and therefore shared the same fate.

My eyes became soft. “Sorry, D-Three-Seven.” I closed them for a moment, contemplating our fate.

Humans began to file into the white room and line up before our prison. D37 projected a glance of fear my way, and my only thought was of protecting her. My only friend in this cruel, lonely world.

The humans began to converse, which instigated a slow-burning fear in my gut. In my time here, I had picked up some human language. When D37 turned to me, I felt my wings sag and my antennae begin to tremble.

“What...are they saying?” she whispered.

I lowered my head, then met eyes with her. The fear she emanated must have been a reflection of mine.

“We’re next.”

13. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I know it ends abruptly, but it's 2:15am and this was meant to be shorter. xD Anyway, my take on the whole "omg such a gorgeous pokemon, wow so much beauty wow wow"

Spoiler:
    The most gorgeous pokémon there is. That’s what they call my species.

For generations, humans have bred countless fomantis in search of achieving the most colourful, the most gorgeous, and the most visually appealing lurantis their world has ever seen. But what does that mean for those of us who aren’t a perfect outcome of their selective breeding?

I slammed my curved limb into the faintly shimmering force field before me. Its purpose was to keep me hostage like a criminal, sealed into this prison without a hope for release. Those encaged with me were just as outraged, devastated and utterly terrified at what was to come for us all. We, the rejects; the spoiled outcome of greed, selfishness and wealth which failed to satiate the cravings of those concerned only with profit and glamour.

I was born in this sickly artificial facility like many others who reside here. Those who were imported and not born here were fomantis and lurantis from all over the world; the purebreds came from Alola while colour variants were brought in from other parts. The main difference rested only in the colour’s vibrancy or specific hue. Each fomantis not disposed of at birth due to instantly detectable inadequacy had been assessed; we were sorted into categories based on which parts of our bodies were of the most value.

I was bred to perfect the vibrancy of our wings. Although most lurantis were incapable of flight, the size, precise shape and intense colour of our wings were highly valued amongst buyers. But, of course, our wings were nonexistent in our pre-evolved forms, so each of us was required to evolve before true assessment could be conducted. However, my evolution had brought me nothing but a deaths sentence.

Every other aspect of my body was considered a success except the one thing I was bred for; therefore, I was unprofitable and nothing more than a waste product. I had heard what happens to those who weren’t put on the market for sale: it would draw too much attention to give us all to shelters or release us into the wild. Rangers would surely deem the phenomenon abnormal and launch an investigation. Operations like the one I was bred into were against the humans’ common laws, so it was all highly regulated and kept absolutely secret.

Once more I narrowed my so-called beautiful eyes and slashed at the barrier before me. It sizzled with electricity and then seared through my veins with an intense heat. According to the older lurantis kept for constant tests and bodily alteration, the force fields were composed of material designed to mimic certain effects and powers of other species. Namely, fire types. Each touch was like a flamethrower to our delicate features. None of us were accustomed to combat, and personally I had never felt the sting of poison, the touch of a steel wing or the impact of a hurled boulder. Some of the imports had battled, but lurantis like me who were born into this facility had never faced another pokémon before.

I sneered at the near-invisible energy surrounding our cage once more. Even if I was somehow strong enough to break through it, there was no possible way to escape. Never had I been outside the facility’s walls before, but I knew from experience that this place was much too large to venture through undetected. I heard a story once of a fomantis who had tried to escape before his evolution date was to come. He had been poached from a wildlife sanctuary because of his abnormally large size, which the humans must have assumed they could breed into their main lines. However, his escape was a failure, and he was never seen or heard from again.

“D-Four-Nine, stop hurting yourself.”

I whirled around to look a fellow lurantis in her glistening eyes. My hope fizzled as I released a slow sigh. The humans were so overly concerned with appearance alone that they had seen no worth in this wonderful being.

She was the kindest, most caring pokémon I had ever come across in the facility. She and I had been close friends for most of our miserably short lives. Our evolution dates had only been set a day apart, and we had always defended one another when a particularly bored facility occupant tried to entertain themselves by bullying others. We shared most of our strictly monitored meals of insects, premium plant matter and seeds together. The day I found out that I was being disposed of due to “insufficient product value,” she had vowed to find an owner who would love her enough to follow her back to the facility and rescue me before I was terminated. However, the humans deemed her similarly unprofitable merely the week after tests had been run and comparison work with other lurantis had been completed. She and I were equally as useless, and therefore shared the same fate.

My eyes became soft. “Sorry, D-Three-Seven.” I closed them for a moment, contemplating our fate.

Humans began to file into the white room and line up before our prison. D37 projected a glance of fear my way, and my only thought was of protecting her. My only friend in this cruel, lonely world.

The humans began to converse, which instigated a slow-burning fear in my gut. In my time here, I had picked up some human language. When D37 turned to me, I felt my wings sag and my antennae begin to tremble.

“What...are they saying?” she whispered.

I lowered my head, then met eyes with her. The fear she emanated must have been a reflection of mine.

“We’re next.”
    Leave it to you to have the dark twist on this. First that superhero story for war and now this. Geez Xanthe what's going on in your mind.

Though I did find this interesting because selective breeding is quite the controversial process in real life during current times depending on who you ask. It never occurred to me that something like this could occur in the Pokemon world but it makes sense with pokemon such as Lurantis being the "most beautiful grass type" and all. Even if it was short it was really good! I especially like the names being just labels. It really emphasized their whole scenario. Thanks for sharing!
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Today's Pokemon is...

The Normal Pokemon, #019, Rattata!

Spoiler:
    The victim had tried to write something as he was dying. Detective Knash tapped his paw against his large buck tooth as he stared at the wall where the victim had written in blood. He had been called two hours ago with the report of a murder of a young Yungoos in his own home. Detective Knash was perplexed as to who would take the life of such a blooming individual. He had sent his assistant to gather as much information on the Yungoos as possible. Anything could be a clue as to the source of the murder of the young man. So far, all they had was a name, Randy Kudzu, eldest son of the Kudzu family.

That much Detective Knash knew already. How could he not? The Kudzu family was one of the wealthiest in town. Everyone knew them, whether you wanted to or not. But that was the thing, most people did. After all, the Kudzu family was a generous one, always donating time and money towards making their hometown, the town of Irkchester. It had become a bustling city thanks to their help. Everyone in the city was better off because of them, including Detective Knash, so who could possibly want to harm them?

Detective Knash swished his purple tail back and forth as he pondered the writing on the wall. It had partially been expunged, as if the criminal had caught Randy writing and tried to hide what was written, but was unable to complete the job. That meant someone had interrupted the criminal's work. Could it have been the maid that had discovered Randy? Or someone else? There were just too many variables to determine exactly what had happened. Not at this time anyway.

The rattata turned and exited the room where two Gumshoos and a Pikpek were waiting. The Gumshoos were Lady and Lord Kudzu, who had hired Detective Knash to investigate the death of their oldest son. The Pikpek was the maid, named Virginia Evans, who had discovered Randy. She still looked a bit shellshocked from the discovery two hours before, but Detective Knash was glad to see her recovering slightly. Lady Kudzu, however, was not fairing well. She was looked to burst into tears at any second now. Detective Knash was not surprised, the death of a child, especially one so young, was always a lachrymose event.

“What can you tell us?” Lord Kudzu asked, his hands tucked behind his back in his signature stance. While he usually wore a friendly expression on his brown face, Lord Kudzu’s mouth was pulled into a tight frown, and his eyes filled with a brewing storm. A crime that could not be forgiven had been committed against this man, and he would soon not forget it.

“It would appear that this was indeed a murder. And while I know not who or why just yet, it appears that your son tried to write something on the wall. It was barely cleaned off, so I cannot get a good grasp of what it says yet, but I assure you, I will figure it out. In the meantime, I need to know a few things from you that may aid me in my investigation. Firstly, besides yourselves, your children, and the maid, who all was here today? Specifically within the hour the body was discovered. Secondly, think, all of you, is there anyone you know that might be holding a grudge of some sort against the Kudzu family? This may lend itself towards the motive.” Virginia chirped a little, gaining everyone’s attention.

“I-I can fetch a l-list of all the staff members a-and their working times,” she offered. Detective Knash signaled her off with a wave of his paw.

“That would be most helpful, thank you,” he replied before returning his attention to the Lord and Lady. Lady Kudzu continued to sniffle as silence spread over them. Beyond her sniffling, the only other sound was Virginia’s footsteps fading into the distance.

“The Nostra family,” Lord Kudzu replied after a moment. Detective Knash lifted his head and narrowed his eyes. He knew the Nostra family quite well, but not in a friendly way. Their shady dealings had given him many a case in this town. He beckoned with his claws for Lord Kudzu to continue. “As you know, my family business is very profitable and does a lot to better Irkchester. However, Alolan Tiki Souvenirs do not sell like they used to. Our funds as a family were decreasing, and I had to keep our reputation high. Bad publicity is not what this family needs. For the most part, I kept the whole situation hidden. However, there was a leak, and I was approached by the head of the Nostra family. He offered to help me. He could lend me what money I needed to cover my growing expenses as long as I paid him back.”

Now it all made sense. Detective Knash was not simply dealing with a murder case, he was dealing with murderous loan sharks. Detective Knash knew that the Kudzu family had hit some financial troubles during the recession a few years back, but ever since their business expanded beyond tiki sales, they had been making more money than ever. So one thing still did not make sense. If Lord Kudzu could pay the Nostra family back, why was Randy murdered?

Suddenly there was a loud crash from down the hall, in the direction of where Virginia was headed. Detective Knash’s head snapped in the direction of the crash, his red eyes narrowing at the sound.

“Stay here,” he ordered before making his way silently down the hall. Detective Knash stuck to the shadows, hoping his black trenchcoat would help him blend in. As he drew closer, there was another crash. Detective Knash’s ear twitched, his sharp hearing indicating the sound had come from the closest door five paces away. Careful to not make a sound, Detective Knash took five steps, then peeked into the room. It was not a pretty sight.

Poor Virginia had been walking right into a trap it seemed. The room the Pikpek maid had ventured into was Lord Kudzu’s office. Inside an assassin had been waiting for him, however, she instead attacked the maid by accident. A novice mistake, really, but Detective Knash knew exactly who would make such as mistake. The purple rattata opened his mouth and took a quiet breath, a foam bubbling in his throat. He waited for just a moment more before diving into the room and unleashing a bubble beam at the assassin.

A black rattata was waiting inside, standing over the corpse of Virginia. She had ripped off the maids wings and was panting when Detective Knash attacked. She reacted by using a quick attack to dodge then launch herself at Detective Knash. Seeing the attack coming, Detective Knash engulfed himself in flames and the two rattatas clashed, quick attack versus flame wheel. The attacks were nearly equal in strength thanks to the female rattata’s STAB and the silk scarf she was wearing. The two were sent stumbling back. The assassin straightened up a bit and stroked her black whiskers with one of her paws.

“Well well well, if it isn’t Detective Knash. Long time no see, detective.” The rattata gave a flirtatious wink which only earned a growl from Detective Knash.

“Cosa Nostra. I should have known. Of course your family would be involved in such a horrible crime. That must have been what Randy was trying to write on the wall. He knew you and tried to write Nostra on the wall, didn’t he?” Cosa giggled and swished her curly black tail.

“My my, detective, you are very astute. You never fail to amuse me. Yes, you’re correct. He did recognize me and write that on the wall. I would have gotten rid of all traces of it too, but the maid interrupted me and I had to escape. But I had my revenge, so I don’t mind. For now though, since I have been discovered, I believe it might be best if I took my leave. I can get Lord Kudzu another day.” Cosa released a snarl at a nearby window, shattering the glass, then leapt out. Detective Knash started to follow, only to find his feet tied up in a grass knot. He tripped and was only able to watch as the clever assassin faded into the darkness. Once again, Cosa Nostra had outsmarted him, but one day he would catch her.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-12-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    / / / / / / / /