A weird one he is
    I think on his head he fell
    But nevertheless his kindess outshines the world so dim
    His passion for you is tremendous, even though the outlook is grim
    He will never let you totter, look down, or even swell
    His sits upon the rooftops, from the top of his lungs he yells
    "Rattata, the top percentage, you can not understand
    Rattata, the top percentage, you other trainers truly smell"

Everytime i think of Rattata i think of Youngster Joey, and i think of his passion for ahorts and rattata and atuff. This poem is basically a giant meme lmao. I wish i made the flow better, but oh well, i may make a Poem thread and do an updated version, later lul

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Nicely done EZ. It does have a little trouble flowing in the middle but it's still a really good poem! I'm still working on my story and hope to have it up soon.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Nicely done EZ. It does have a little trouble flowing in the middle but it's still a really good poem! I'm still working on my story and hope to have it up soon.
    I did this one off the top of my head, i really should have pondered on it a bit longer.
    Can't wait!

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

5. This post has been liked by:

Leave it to you to have the dark twist on this. First that superhero story for war and now this. Geez Xanthe what's going on in your mind.

Though I did find this interesting because selective breeding is quite the controversial process in real life during current times depending on who you ask. It never occurred to me that something like this could occur in the Pokemon world but it makes sense with pokemon such as Lurantis being the "most beautiful grass type" and all. Even if it was short it was really good! I especially like the names being just labels. It really emphasized their whole scenario. Thanks for sharing!
    The Grinder Good wasn't dark. xD It was fun!

Well I know a lot about what goes on in all the animal industries (including animal testing) so this was also a bit of a reflection on that. There's no way these horrors that happen in real life to animals wouldn't happen to pokemon if they were real, so yeah. Plus, I dunno, there's already been so much emphasis on "blah blah this pokemon is soooooooo gorgeous" for pokemon in the past and it's so superficial and reminds me of our media and its emphasis on looking beautiful and eugh. Like, seriously, Game Freak.

Loved the poem, @EZ! O: I also enjoyed the other lurantis stories. ^^ I think this thread is a great idea! I'll surely come up with something for rattata, too.

7. This post has been liked by:

AD 

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    The Grinder Good wasn't dark. xD It was fun!

Well I know a lot about what goes on in all the animal industries (including animal testing) so this was also a bit of a reflection on that. There's no way these horrors that happen in real life to animals wouldn't happen to pokemon if they were real, so yeah. Plus, I dunno, there's already been so much emphasis on "blah blah this pokemon is soooooooo gorgeous" for pokemon in the past and it's so superficial and reminds me of our media and its emphasis on looking beautiful and eugh. Like, seriously, Game Freak.

Loved the poem, @EZ! O: I also enjoyed the other lurantis stories. ^^ I think this thread is a great idea! I'll surely come up with something for rattata, too.
    It was too dark! And true true. The thought just never occurred to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ View Post
    I did this one off the top of my head, i really should have pondered on it a bit longer.
    Can't wait!
    My story just got edited into my post on the previous page if you want to read it! Legit was listening to 40s detective music the whole time I was writing.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Today's Pokemon is...

The First Bird Pokemon, #566, Archen!

My Story:
    Spoiler:
    The footsteps were moving away. Redfern stuck his head out ever so slightly to ensure the predator was leaving. In the distance, Redfern could see the Rampardos already pursuing another prey. Good. Redfern was not about to become a piece of that predator’s dinner tonight. Redfern slowly stepped out of the place he had been hiding and began to journey through the large prehistoric jungle towards home.

He had been lost for two days now and he knew his mother was probably starting to worry. Redfern had been hoping she would be out looking for him, but so far the little Archen had yet to spot his mother. As his claws dug into the soft forest floor, worry began to fill Redfern. What if he never saw his mother again? She had always warned him about straying from the nest but this hadn’t been his fault! Tears began to well in Redfern’s eyes and he slowed his pace. He just wanted to go home! Redfern let out a loud wail as tears began to streak down his cheeks.

“M-Momma!” he yelled as he plopped down onto the ground. Redfern attempted to dry his eyes with his multicolored feathers but it was no use. He couldn’t stop crying! Redfern continued to wail until a familiar stomping grew louder. Redfern moved his wings to see the Rampardos returning, having heard his cries.

“There you are!” it yelled. Redfern yelped and began to scramble to get away, but it was no use. The Rampardos was much bigger and faster than Redfern. The little archen could not outrun the large beast. A large foot crashed down in front of Redfern, forcing the archen underneath the Rampardos. He trembled in fear when there was a loud screech. Redfern heard something hit the Rampardos and the predator stumbled back. It growled in anger at the attacker as it landed next to Redfern. Redfern looked up to see a large gray bird-like pokemon with sharp serrated teeth and pointing ears. It let out a roar and expanded its purple wings as its barbed tail stuck in the air. Redfern had seen these pokemon flying with Momma before! It was an Aerodactyl!

“Leave the child be! He is not your meal!” the aerodactyl challenged, stepping forward to put itself in between Redfern and the Rampardos. The Rampardos growled louder, looking as if it wanted to challenge the Aerodactyl, but thought better of it, instead turning and walking away. Redfern watched, waiting for the Rampardos to turn around, though it never did. Rather, the Aerodactyl turned to Redfern and smiled at the Archen. “Are you all right, young one?” it asked.

“Yes, thank you. I thought I was a goner for sure,” Redfern admitted.

“Well you can never be too careful. Why are you away from your nest? Archen don’t usually leave for another few weeks.” Redfern looked down at his feet and sniffled.

“I fell out of my nest and got carried away by some Bastiodon. I don’t know where I am now and-” Redfern started to sob again, causing the Aerodactyl to put his hand on the Archen.

“Hey, it’s okay, little one. I will help you. How about I take you back to the nesting grounds? We can look for your nest there?” Redfern looked up at the Aerodactyl, hope sparkling in his eyes.

“Really?” he asked, unable to contain his excitement at the statement. The Aerodactyl smiled and turned around.

“Of course, just climb onto my back.” Redfern used his tiny claws to scale the Aerodactyl’s back. The Aerodactyl flapped his large wings, sending the two into the air and out over the canopy of the jungle. Redfern gasped at the view, taken aback by the beauty of the world below. Now he knew why Momma always flew everywhere! It was amazing up here!

The two fossil pokemon soared through the air and approached a volcano. Right beside it, Redfern recognized the nesting grounds he had grown up in. He could not see his nest from this high up though. The Aerodactyl seemed to read Redfern’s mind and dove down gently, drawing closer to the nesting grounds. Redfern searched frantically for his Momma or his nest, but could spot neither. He was beginning to lose hope when a familiar voice called his name.

“Redfern!” The Archen turned his head towards the sound of his mother’s voice. An Archeops with shining green feathers flew towards them, tears dripping from her eyes at the sight of her son. The Aerodactyl landed, allowing Redfern to slide off his back and run to his mother.

“Momma!” Redfern cried as they embraced. Redfern’s mother held him close as she dried her eyes, then looked back at the Aerodactyl.

“Thank you so much for returning him. How can I ever repay you?”

“It was nothing,” the Aerodactyl replied with a wave of his wing. “I was merely helping someone in need. I see no reason to be paid for that. The sight your reunion was payment enough.”

“Well please, tell me your name then?” Redfern’s mother pressed, wanting to properly thank her son’s savior. The Aerodactyl smiled a little and bowed to the Archeops.

“Stoneclaw, at your service.”

“Thank you, Mr. Stoneclaw.” Stoneclaw looked down at Redfern and smiled at the young Archen. He pat the child’s head and winked.

“Any time. Just don’t go running off again any time soon, okay?”

“Yes sir!” Stoneclaw waved to the two before flapping his wings and ascending into the air once again. As the Aerodactyl disappeared into the bright blue sky, a new heroic spirit had instilled itself into Redfern. One day, he wanted to be just like Stoneclaw.

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah might be interested in today's pokemon.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-14-2017 at 12:53 AM.
    / / / / / / / /

10. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

@Arrow-Jolteon Ohhh good story! I like how you took Lurantis's actual size into account verses mine just being like a Godzilla of a Pokémon. I also liked how you make it seem like Pokémon jump out at trainers because they want to challenge them rather than us just kind of stumbling upon them. Very good story! I look forward to seeing more from you!
    Thanks! Well, to be fair my story was about a normal Lurantis while yours is clearly about the Totem Lurantis (who is huge). And yeah, I wanted to play on the concept of wild encounters, as there was a story in I believe Sinnoh that stated that wild Pokemon jump out at trainers to help them or something similar like that. After all, it is implied that Pokemon generally do enjoy battling, though granted, some wild encounters are still probably complete accident XD

12. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Thanks! Well, to be fair my story was about a normal Lurantis while yours is clearly about the Totem Lurantis (who is huge). And yeah, I wanted to play on the concept of wild encounters, as there was a story in I believe Sinnoh that stated that wild Pokemon jump out at trainers to help them or something similar like that. After all, it is implied that Pokemon generally do enjoy battling, though granted, some wild encounters are still probably complete accident XD
    I do recall that Canalave Story! It would make sense but it is still cool to kind of see that side of the story since not all stories do portray it that way.

In other news, my Archen story is up! It's a short heartwarming read so check it out!
    / / / / / / / /

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

What is a year? To you, it may be a long time. Full of tears, of hope, of joy. In a year a new life can be grown from nothing. In a year, a bird can learn to fly. In a year, the life of a Pokemon can change beyond recognition.

To others, a year is nothing. A tree will see hundreds of years in its lifetime. A tree cares not for the passing of days, which it shakes from its leaves like mere moments. To a tree, a year is a brief sojourn, a metamorphosis spanning only seconds, a dropping of leaves, a flowering, a regrowth. A tree is long-lived, but still the years make their mark upon it, in the rings of its trunk, in the strength of its roots. And as the years pass, the tree grows strong.

But I, I am a million years old. Many millions. Yet time leaves no scar upon my body. I am reborn, regrown, revived anew. I was a Pokemon. I was a rock. And now... My skin hasn't aged, my feathers are sharp, and my muscles ache for flight. Unlike the trees, the marks that time left on me cannot be seen. I have not been strengthened, nor honed by time. But this is a new world, a new chance...

And yet, I remember a life, a short life, millions of years ago, that was full of tears, of hope, of joy. A life that meant everything but turned into nothing but a far off dream.

So, what is a year? In a year I grew up, in a year I loved, in a year I died. In a year I lost my life, and everyone I knew.

But I am not exempt from the cruel passing of time. I remember the truth of that year, that year that was real. And all that follows is a lie.

(It must be weird to be revived after millions of years. xD)

I liked your story Noble! It was really sweet. AND ALSO HAD AN AERODACTYL AS WELL! AWESOME!
    GCEA

15. This post has been liked by:

Archen
    the first bird with wings
    that could not fly
    practiced everyday
    how to glide

the last one to be alive
    tried to escape the falling sky
    feathers catching air and fire
    finally flew

now inside a museum
    its sun-blasted plume
    encased in stone
    waiting to fly again

The PokeDex says it used to be flightless (which is ironic given its flying type) so I theorise that it must have learned the ability of flight somehow.

17. This post has been liked by: