Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
It's stuff that most artists would know to some extent after a while. A lot of color theory is just something we pick up as we go- what looks good, what doesn't, what colors go well together, etc.

Everyone can agree yellow is an evil color. I find any shade color other than yellow/green works pretty well overall though! Depends on the lighting!

And yeah- tonal is GREAT for beginners in that sense. Breaking down the art process into simpler/easier steps can go a long way to getting the hang of things.

If there's any other tutorials you want me to put together- maybe a more in-depth on how I personally do shading since the above was a lot of theory and general stuff. I don't know. xD Just ask. When I have time I'll make more- these kind of guides take me a few hours typically.
True enough! Like not using highly saturated blues next to reds because, oh my god, colour blind people will hate you lol.

I wish I had the time and motivation to do guides like these. XD I know a lot of people would love it if you'd do one on how you shade things! If you want. Whenever you have time. c: I'll do the same, eventually. xD