Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's To Come

What's To Come

Greetings!

First and foremost, I'd like to say thank you to all that took the time out to read the excerpt from my latest story (in development), Syza. I'm honored whenever anybody reads any of my work and I'm sincerely grateful that many of you decided to do so.

I'm here to let all of you know that Syza won't be updated on a weekly basis, but instead will be released IN FULL when completed. When, you might ask? Well, I'm aiming for an early Summer release, so stay tuned!

I'm excited to share what I've been creating with all of you and I hope you'll all enjoy it.
    Last edited by Soups; 02-01-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    τι ζωή

2. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

That's pretty cool. I haven't read many fics that have done that! Good luck with it! :)
    GCEA

4. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That's pretty cool. I haven't read many fics that have done that! Good luck with it! :)
    Thank you!
    τι ζωή

Wow, I've never heard of that either! Seems like a cool idea, although I do think that releasing parts at a time is a good idea because you can get better feedback that way. But if you're happier to do it this way, go for it. :] Good luck with the development and writing processes! :D

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of that either! Seems like a cool idea, although I do think that releasing parts at a time is a good idea because you can get better feedback that way. But if you're happier to do it this way, go for it. :] Good luck with the development and writing processes! :D
    Thank you!
    τι ζωή

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

As surprising as this is, I can understand why you'd want to do that.

With my own manuscript, there were times when I backtracked 30 something pages, dumped it all, had the story take a completely different path, and that ended up destroying an almost fatal case of writer's block. I don't think I would have finished the manuscript if I hadn't done it (and yeah, it's the same one I'm trying to get published right now). Now, had it been something I had been posting on the forum, generally, having to delete all those past posts after other people had read them would have been problematic and would have caused confusion. "Oh, so that event really doesn't happen now?" It would have been somewhat awkward and tricky to explain.

But yeah, you definitely have the start of what sounds like it's going to be a great story. Good luck with it and hopefully it's one that has smooth sailing.

10. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    As surprising as this is, I can understand why you'd want to do that.

With my own manuscript, there were times when I backtracked 30 something pages, dumped it all, had the story take a completely different path, and that ended up destroying an almost fatal case of writer's block. I don't think I would have finished the manuscript if I hadn't done it (and yeah, it's the same one I'm trying to get published right now). Now, had it been something I had been posting on the forum, generally, having to delete all those past posts after other people had read them would have been problematic and would have caused confusion. "Oh, so that event really doesn't happen now?" It would have been somewhat awkward and tricky to explain.

But yeah, you definitely have the start of what sounds like it's going to be a great story. Good luck with it and hopefully it's one that has smooth sailing.
    I'm glad you understand. I, myself, tend to be very indecisive and detail-oriented, so I'd much rather release my work when it's complete rather than post chapters weekly KNOWING that I may want to change a few tidbits frequently.

And thank you! I can't wait to share it with you and everyone else.
    τι ζωή

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Are you planning to continue this? If you have and I haven't seen it, please link me! I want to read it!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Are you planning to continue this? If you have and I haven't seen it, please link me! I want to read it!
    I am! It hasn't been the smoothest process, but I've been working diligently. I initially planned for an early Summer release, but that may change to early Winter. I'll be sure to tag/notify you when it's all done and released!
    τι ζωή

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Born View Post
    I am! It hasn't been the smoothest process, but I've been working diligently. I initially planned for an early Summer release, but that may change to early Winter. I'll be sure to tag/notify you when it's all done and released!
    Well I look forward to it! Keep up the good work and if you need a beta reader hollar at me
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

15. This post has been liked by:

Soups