Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon [Su/Mo] Communitylocke 2017

Sun & Moon [Su/Mo] Communitylocke 2017

Pokemon Crossroads Sun/Moon Communitylocke 2017

By: Kaoru

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first ever Sun/Moon Communitylocke held here on Pokemon Crossroads!

But what is a Communitylocke?

Elementary, my dear Wattson! A Communitylocke is a competition for Nuzlocke players to see who is the best of the best! The name of the game is to earn the most points by completing in-game objectives, and sticking to the Nuzlocke style of play. This competition is open to anyone and everyone!

Not sure what a Nuzlocke is? It's pretty simple--you can only catch one Pokemon per route, and if a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead. You got to either box it permanently or release it, never to use it again. Other optional rules can be added to make the Nuzlocke more challenging, but really it's all up to your own personal tastes.

Now, let's get down to the bottom of things, shall we? How exactly will this Communitylocke work? Well, everyone will play a specific set of games and follow the same rules, earning points as they complete their journey. Now everyone who participates must follow these rules: (mad credicts to Tenacity--the real brains behind this operation!)

Rules:

Spoiler:

1. Death Clause: Fainted Pokemon are dead and must be released or permanently boxed. If all Pokemon in the party and PC are dead, the player loses the game.
    2. Catching Clause: You may only catch one Pokemon in each area. This Pokemon must also be the first Pokemon you encounter. If the Pokemon faints or flees, you do not get a catch for that route.
      • Revived fossils count for the town or city they are revived in.
      • If a cave has multiple levels with varying wild Pokemon encounters, you may only catch one Pokemon from the entire cave.
      • Trading Pokemon with NPCs is prohibited.
    3. (OPTIONAL) Duplicate Clause: If the first encounter of an area is a Pokemon from an evolutionary line that you have already captured (dead or alive) it does not count as the first encounter of the area. You may catch the first Pokemon that does not object to this clause.
    4. (OPTIONAL) Shiny Clause: If you encounter a shiny Pokemon, you may capture and use it regardless of the catching or duplicate clauses.
    5. (OPTIONAL) Nickname Clause: Nickname your Pokemon to strengthen the bond you have together.
    6. Legendary Clause: Legendary Pokemon (Solgaleo/Lunala) cannot be used in the player's party for the duration of the Communitylocke. Their capture is allowed, although it is recommended that trainers do not battle these titans due to severe danger to their Pokemon, who will still die during battle. Additional points may be awarded to players who defeat these Pokemon.
    7. Checkpoints: Players are allowed to complete the Nuzlocke at their own pace. You can complete the Nuzlocke in a day if you so choose. Players must, however, create a thread (or use their sign-up post) and post a description of the events that happened between each checkpoint. You should update your thread and/or post an update only once a week. Players must have completed the Nuzlocke by a certain date and must be at or beyond the first checkpoint by the first week, second checkpoint by the second week, and so on. Usually this will be to defeat the next gym leader or eclipse an important event in the games. The next checkpoint will be announced after this time has elapsed, or after every player has reached the checkpoint. The first failure in reaching a checkpoint will result in a warning. The second will result in being kicked from the Communitylocke.
    8. The Game's End: The Communitylocke ends upon the defeat of Blue/Gary at the Pokemon League.
    9. Log Keeping and Important Events: For every checkpoint, a log of 'important events' must be kept. Important Events are occurrences in-game that result in the loss or gain of points. You must post one log-post per checkpoint, and include all Important Events within this single post. If you do not complete a checkpoint in a single save, you may edit the single log post you have made to include additional events until you reach the checkpoint. Also, every log post must contain how much time each checkpoint takes (measured by subtracting the in-game time of the previous goal from the current time). The fastest player(s) will be rewarded with extra points.
    10. Points: Points are awarded or deducted for logging important events during a checkpoint. These include capturing Pokemon, the death of a Pokemon or completing special challenges, amongst other events. The Communitylocke has two goals. Firstly, trainers should aim to survive the Communitylocke. Secondly, trainers should strive to obtain as many points as possible. The player with the most points will be hailed Communitylocke champion.

Sounds good, right? So how about those points? They are earned or lost using the following system:

Point system:

• Catch a Pokemon = [+1]
    • A Pokemon dies = [-2]
    • Fastest Nuzlocker in each checkpoint = [+3]
    • Reach a checkpoint on time = [+1]
    • Missing a checkpoint deadline for the first time = [WARNING]
    • Missing a checkpoint deadline for the second time or after = [-2]
    • Missing a checkpoint deadline for the third time = [DISQUALIFICATION]

Now what are these aforementioned checkpoints? For the two different sets of games, they are as follows:

Spoiler:

Sun/Moon:

• Checkpoint 1: Beat Kahuna Hala
    • Checkpoint 2: Beat Captain Mallow
    • Checkpoint 3: Beat Kahuna Olivia
    • Checkpoint 4: Beat UB-01/Arrive at Ula'ula Island
    • Checkpoint 5: Beat Kahuna Nanu
    • Checkpoint 6: Beat Lusamine at Aether Foundation
    • Checkpoint 7: Beat Kahuna Hapu
    • Checkpoint 8: Beat Mother Beast Lusamine in the Ultra Space
    • Checkpoint 9: Arrive at the Elite Four
    • Checkpoint 10: Defeat the Champion & Tapu Koko

Special challenges: After every checkpoint is set, challenges may be presented to the players in an attempt to achieve more points. These challenges are difficult and dangerous, but will heap abundant rewards. To sign up for a challenge, post in the thread which challenge you are attempting before playing.

Losing the game: If a player loses the game by having no living Pokemon, they are presented with the opportunity of restarting the game and attempting to reach the next checkpoint within the allotted time. If the player cannot achieve this (or chooses not to), they are given the chance to remove 5 points from a player of their choosing.

In the end, the player with the most points will be declared the Nuzlocke Champion of the Pokemon Crossroads forum!

This week we will be open to Sign-ups, but when the Communitylocke officially begins you yourself are responsible for keeping track of your points. This competition is on your honor--we'll trust that you will be honest in your records. Your Sign-up posts will act as your profile throughout the duration of the run, but post in this thread frequently to let everyone know how long it took you to reach a checkpoint, and what points you earned.

And that's about how the games'll play, folks! Now, are ya interested in participating? Sign-up using the forms below! For this run, you are allowed to use ROMs or cartridges--so long as you do not cheat and modify your gaming experience. Randomizers are also allowed, as long as Legendaries are not used.

Name:
    Game: (Sun/Moon)
    Optional Clauses: (as mentioned in the rules)

Players may join the fun in any time as long as they complete the next checkpoint.

There won't be a grading system like the last one, so feel free to go all out in your thread logs xD But bonus points will be awarded by either Kaoru or me, if you make your run really funny/entertaining (especially on the nicknames/references) But the bottom line is, HAVE FUN & HAVE ALMOST NO DEATHS! :'3

PRIZES:

Now, as a token of appreciation and participation, all who join will receive a Token (will be posted after it's made)

And another token in addition for those who end finishes the Nuzlocke first/ has the highest points at the end of the whole event!

So that's a two-token deal up for grabs! :9

Questions? Concerns? ASK AWAY MINIONS!

Thread & Content by: Kaoru
    Last edited by Trainer17; 02-06-2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: removed useless Mew clause
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

2. This post has been liked by:

Registered Players:
    1. Kaoru
    2. Rival Max
    3. Shruikan
    4. ShadowJay

Threads - - // - -Played by
    Last edited by Trainer17; 02-06-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    ---

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

DIBS! DIBS ON FIRST SPOT!

Name: Kaoru
    Game: Sun
    Optional Clauses: Randomizer, Nickname, Shiny, Legendary, Duplicate
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja [email protected]
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats

5. This post has been liked by:

Name: Rival Max
    Optional Clauses: Randomizer, Nickname, Shiny, Legendary, Duplicate

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/ Pokemon Prism.......

7. This post has been liked by:

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
    Well, since I've inadvertantly deleted my Sun save, I guess there's no reason not to try this! :P
    (Also, you may want to update the Legendary clause; I don't think Articuno is an alolan legendary :P)

Name: Shruikan
    Optional Clauses: Duplicate, Shiny, Nickname, Legendary?

GCEA Stats

Banner and Avatar made by Neo Emolga

9. This post has been liked by:

I think I'll do this.

Name: ShadowJay
    Game: Moon
    Optional Clauses: Nickname, Shiny, Duplicate, Legendary
    Lurking in the Shadows...

11. This post has been liked by:

Good to see some old faces back x3 bring more people in!1 @Shruikan thank god for that inadvertent delete :'3 and thanks for catch, updated the thread xD

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Well, since I've inadvertantly deleted my Sun save, I guess there's no reason not to try this! :P
    (Also, you may want to update the Legendary clause; I don't think Articuno is an alolan legendary :P)
    I'll have you know that Articuno is the best Alolan legendary Pokemon ever and you should bow down to its glory. >:)

Spoiler:

14. This post has been liked by:

Is there actually a rom for it yet? I don't see how i can keep up with progress from janky pictures

Be sure to check my comic weekly! I also have some other ideas for future comics so stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistodragon View Post
    Is there actually a rom for it yet? I don't see how i can keep up with progress from janky pictures
    You don't need to post pictures of your progress. You would have to get the Citra emulator and Sun/Moon in .cci format to run it on a computer.

Spoiler: