Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: [Shiny hunting thread] Looking for those stars...

Get on the floor and JAM!! The Foogle's Avatar
    @Noblejanobii @Cleobel @Suicune's Fire @Arrow-Jolteon @Chakramaster OH MY GOD I KNEW I COULD STILL GET SHINIES!!

Just got a shining caterpie in USUM on a SOS chain of 84 so happy rn! can't send any hot pics of Glimmer the shining caterpie but i'll evolve her eventually

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY

#FoogleCanStillGetShinies !!!

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by The Foogle View Post
    @Noblejanobii @Cleobel @Suicune's Fire @Arrow-Jolteon @Chakramaster OH MY GOD I KNEW I COULD STILL GET SHINIES!!

Just got a shining caterpie in USUM on a SOS chain of 84 so happy rn! can't send any hot pics of Glimmer the shining caterpie but i'll evolve her eventually

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY

#FoogleCanStillGetShinies !!!
    Congratulations on the shiny Caterpie! :D

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

Hello everybody! Today (September 7), I was shiny hunting Squirtle in Pokemon Yellow while watching a video of the French shiny hunter Maître Armand, when I found a Squirtle whose stats at level 10 were 28/15/20/15/17. So, that Pokemon could be shiny. Therefore, I put it in the Day Care until it reached level 15. Its stats at that level were 38/21/27/20/23. So, it could still be shiny. As a result, I put it in the Day Care again until it reached level 17. Its stats at level 17 were 41/23/30/23/25.

By combining this information, it is easy to realise that the only possible DV combination for that Squirtle is 0/6/10/10/10, which means... shiny! I am so glad I finally found that shiny Pokemon I had been looking for since January, especially as I have now completed the shiny gen 1 starters trio. My shiny Squirtle is a male (like all shiny starters in Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal) and I named him Thunderbox, which is an Australian word for toilet. I gave him that nickname because I love toilet jokes, Squirtle is a Water-type Pokemon and there is water in the toilet, I found him in Vermilion City and there is an Electric-type gym in that city (the badge is even called the Thunder Badge!), and his hidden ability (Rain Dish) also reminds me of a toilet. I say thank you to a certain Flareon friend from the future for suggesting me that nickname.

After nicknaming my shiny Squirtle, I gave him some experience points, so that he would have the bold nature in gen 7 games. Then, I sent him to a gen 2 game in order to clone him and take a picture, I sent him back to Pokemon Yellow and I transferred it to a gen 7 game. Like all Pokemon from the Virtual Console games, he has three perfect IVs in gen 7 games (Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense).

Here are some pictures of Thunderbox the shiny Squirtle :

Spoiler:

And here is the link to the video.

@Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Chakramaster @Chibi Altaria @Desolate Divine @Kaoru @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire @The Foogle

5. This post has been liked by:

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Oh wow, congratulations! I know how long you were looking for him! And hahaha I'm glad you called him Thunderbox. XD Great work! :D

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

7. This post has been liked by:

Get on the floor and JAM!! The Foogle's Avatar
    @Cleobel DUUUUUDE awesome i always wanted a shiny blastoise 00f

i would have named it Carapace or Wayzz cuz Miraculous references XD

HUGE shoutout to Neo Emolga for the signature and Chakramaster for makin' it work!!

9. This post has been liked by:

@Suicune's Fire @The Foogle Thank you very much! :D

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Thunderbox has gotta be one of the coolest names ever

12. This post has been liked by:

Duusu, Spread my feathers!
    All those stat combinations to see if it's shiny... I don't think I'd have the patience to shiny hunt in gen1 like that. 0_0

Anyway, congratulations on the Shiny Squirtle Cleobel!

GCEA Stats

14. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Thunderbox has gotta be one of the coolest names ever
    It is, thanks to the person who suggested that name. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    All those stat combinations to see if it's shiny... I don't think I'd have the patience to shiny hunt in gen1 like that. 0_0

Anyway, congratulations on the Shiny Squirtle Cleobel!
    Thank you very much! :D

So after at least 1000 encounters (I was counting but then I lost the note file on my phone so lost count lol) I've finally encountered a shiny Cresselia in Ultra Moon.
    Will update when I get it but I've skill swap/bestowed it with my alolan exeggutor so it won't struggle.
    UGHHHHHH. It has damn Moonlight though so it's going to be really annoying to get health down. My level 100 Decidueye is taking about 5 turns to false swipe it down to red too, and by then it's moonlighted back up. I've used Roto Catch but I don't want to risk running out of pokeballs by trying to catch on green health. Lets see how long this takes me. I still have my master ball so worst case scenario I'll use that.

Edit: After about 15 minutes of struggling and dying inside because she healed at least 15 times and I almost used up all 40pp of false swipe and maybe 8 hyper potions on decidueye, I got her. Here's Cath
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Coru; 09-12-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

17. This post has been liked by: