Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: [Shiny hunting thread] Looking for those stars...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Look at how precious that little guy is!
    Thank you, Arrow! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

2. This post has been liked by:

Hello everybody! Today (March 6), I finally found a new shiny! :D

Before I shiny hunted (and found) my two shiny Type:Null in USUM, I wanted to fill my PC boxes in these games to make that hunt quicker. This is how I started a 1/4096 shiny hunt of Alolan Vulpix in Pokemon Sun by breeding (no Masuda method, no Shiny Charm). Effectively, I wanted a shiny Alolan Ninetales, but Alolan Vulpix is difficult to shiny hunt in the wild and its shiny form is difficult to recognize. Shiny hunting it by breeding (and frequently checking the Pokedex) significantly decreased the risk of failing it.
    So, I started this hunt in Pokemon Sun and I often transferred the newly hatched Alolan Vulpix to USUM using Pokemon Bank. When my USUM PC boxes were full, I had not found a shiny Alolan Vulpix yet. I temporarily stopped this hunt to prepare the Type:Null hunt, shiny hunt it and find two beautiful shiny Type:Null.
    When I was not shiny hunting Alolan Vulpix, a friend from another forum sent me an Alolan Vulpix in a Love Ball with good eggmoves (Disable, Encore, Moonblast and Charm) and its hidden ability (Snow Warning). As a result, before seriously resuming the breeding, I changed the parents that were in the Pokemon Nursery. I made sure that all newly hatched Alolan Vulpix knew Disable, Encore, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast.
    This evening, I was shiny hunting Alolan Vulpix and Squirtle while watching a video of the French Youtuber Maître Armand... when I found a shiny Alolan Vulpix after 3182 eggs! This Pokemon is a female and I nicknamed her Olga, which is the French name of Lorelei (the Ice-type Kanto Elite Four member). I am so glad I found her, especially as she is my first shiny from Pokemon Sun! I am very happy that she inherited the hidden ability and that she has good IVs (31 in every stat except Defense). She is Timid thanks to the Everstone, she inherited the Love Ball and she knows the eggmoves I mentioned previously.
    Now that I have a shiny Alolan Ninetales, I am going to keep soft resetting Squirtle in Pokemon Yellow, and I hesitate between several Pokemon I could shiny hunt while shiny hunting Squirtle : I could resume my Shaymin hunt, resume my Alolan Sandshrew hunt, start hunting the Cap Pikachu from the 20th movie, or just focus on Squirtle. I will see!

Here are some pictures of Olga the shiny Ninetales :

Spoiler:

@Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Caunadan @Chakramaster @Kaoru @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire
    Last edited by Cleobel; 03-06-2019 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I forgot two pictures.

4. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Hello everybody! Today (March 6), I finally found a new shiny! :D

Before I shiny hunted (and found) my two shiny Type:Null in USUM, I wanted to fill my PC boxes in these games to make that hunt quicker. This is how I started a 1/4096 shiny hunt of Alolan Vulpix in Pokemon Sun by breeding (no Masuda method, no Shiny Charm). Effectively, I wanted a shiny Alolan Ninetales, but Alolan Vulpix is difficult to shiny hunt in the wild and its shiny form is difficult to recognize. Shiny hunting it by breeding (and frequently checking the Pokedex) significantly decreased the risk of failing it.
    So, I started this hunt in Pokemon Sun and I often transferred the newly hatched Alolan Vulpix to USUM using Pokemon Bank. When my USUM PC boxes were full, I had not found a shiny Alolan Vulpix yet. I temporarily stopped this hunt to prepare the Type:Null hunt, shiny hunt it and find two beautiful shiny Type:Null.
    When I was not shiny hunting Alolan Vulpix, a friend from another forum sent me an Alolan Vulpix in a Love Ball with good eggmoves (Disable, Encore, Moonblast and Charm) and its hidden ability (Snow Warning). As a result, before seriously resuming the breeding, I changed the parents that were in the Pokemon Nursery. I made sure that all newly hatched Alolan Vulpix knew Disable, Encore, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast.
    This evening, I was shiny hunting Alolan Vulpix and Squirtle while watching a video of the French Youtuber Maître Armand... when I found a shiny Alolan Vulpix after 3182 eggs! This Pokemon is a female and I nicknamed her Olga, which is the French name of Lorelei (the Ice-type Kanto Elite Four member). I am so glad I found her, especially as she is my first shiny from Pokemon Sun! I am very happy that she inherited the hidden ability and that she has good IVs (31 in every stat except Defense). She is Timid thanks to the Everstone, she inherited the Love Ball and she knows the eggmoves I mentioned previously.
    Now that I have a shiny Alolan Ninetales, I am going to keep soft resetting Squirtle in Pokemon Yellow, and I hesitate between several Pokemon I could shiny hunt while shiny hunting Squirtle : I could resume my Shaymin hunt, resume my Alolan Sandshrew hunt, start hunting the Cap Pikachu from the 20th movie, or just focus on Squirtle. I will see!

Here are some pictures of Olga the shiny Ninetales :

Spoiler:

@Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Caunadan @Chakramaster @Kaoru @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire
    Congrats, Cleo! That's awesome! I've wanted to sit there and shiny hunt for a shiny Alolan Vulpix myself. It tough, but I'm sure it'll be totally worth it!

I didn't think the Cap Pikachu could be actually hunted? That is the Ash Hat Pikachu, right? I love it when I can though cause I've got a good way for breeding the Pokemon now! :D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Congrats, Cleo! That's awesome! I've wanted to sit there and shiny hunt for a shiny Alolan Vulpix myself. It tough, but I'm sure it'll be totally worth it!

I didn't think the Cap Pikachu could be actually hunted? That is the Ash Hat Pikachu, right? I love it when I can though cause I've got a good way for breeding the Pokemon now! :D
    Thanks Chakra! Good luck with finding a shiny Alolan Vulpix, if you decide to shiny hunt it! If you want, I can trade you one or more Alolan Vulpix : I still have thousands of them and they all come from a French Pokemon game (therefore, they can be used for the Masuda method, assuming that your game is in English).

The Cap Pikachu that can be shiny hunted is the one from the 20th movie, which is one of the Ash Hat Pikachu. It is the one that is exclusive to USUM.
    Actually, it can be shiny hunted in 4095 out of 4096 USUM save files, and it is shiny locked in 1 out of 4096 USUM save files...

8. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Congrats Cleobel! That's so exciting that you not only got a shiny but nice egg moves, nature, IVs and Pokeball! :D the shiny form looks so similar to the normal form, I can see what you mean about being scared of missing it if hunting in the wild!
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

She is so gorgeaous! Congratulations! I myself am trying to breed a shiny female Eevee... so far out of like a bajillion attempts only one Eevee has hatched shiny, but it was a male...

12. This post has been liked by:

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Val that's awesome! :D I'm so happy for you! That must have taken you a long time. x__x She's very pretty. C:

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

14. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Congrats Cleobel! That's so exciting that you not only got a shiny but nice egg moves, nature, IVs and Pokeball! :D the shiny form looks so similar to the normal form, I can see what you mean about being scared of missing it if hunting in the wild!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    She is so gorgeaous! Congratulations! I myself am trying to breed a shiny female Eevee... so far out of like a bajillion attempts only one Eevee has hatched shiny, but it was a male...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Val that's awesome! :D I'm so happy for you! That must have taken you a long time. x__x She's very pretty. C:
    Thank you very much! Good luck with finding a shiny female Eevee, Arrow! And congratulations on your shiny male Eevee. :)

Also, I made a short video in English about my shiny Alolan Ninetales : click here!
    Please let me know if you like this video. I hope you will like it. :)

16. This post has been liked by:

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

What a lovely video, @Cleobel! :D Thanks for sharing Olga with us. You're right--she is beautiful! :D

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

18. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    What a lovely video, @Cleobel! :D Thanks for sharing Olga with us. You're right--she is beautiful! :D
    Thank you very much, Xanthe! I'm glad you like Olga and the video! :D

20. This post has been liked by: