Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: [Shiny hunting thread] Looking for those stars...

Hello everybody! I am writing this post because I found a new shiny today (July 30) at 6:31 PM (Melbourne time).

I was shiny hunting Combee in Black 2 and White 2 (Lostlorn Forest + Repel Trick at level 24 + male Pokemon with Cute Charm in front of the party because I wanted a female shiny Combee) during my stay in Melbourne while watching a video of the French Youtuber Maître Armand, when I found a female shiny Combee in Black 2 after 3742 encounters (the amount of Pokemon seen is actually a bit more than that because I shiny hunted in the dark grass, the Trainer Card counted the encounters for me, and it counts a double encounter as one encounter)! I am so glad I found my target during my trip to Australia. Catching her was easy because my Skitty made her fall asleep and she stayed in the first (and only) Repeat Ball I threw. She has already evolved into a beautiful shiny Vespiquen. Her nature is Lonely. I named her Victoria for several reasons : Vespiquen is a queen and therefore deserves a royal name, finding a female shiny Combee is a huge victory for me, and I am currently in the Australian state called Victoria. :)

Here are some pictures of Victoria the shiny Vespiquen :

And here is the link to the video.
    @Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Caunadan @Chakramaster @Chibi Altaria @Desolate Divine @Kaoru @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

2. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Ooh that's a nice trick! Shiny female combees are fairly rare so that's great!
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

4. This post has been liked by:

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Congratulations, @Cleobel! :D She's beautiful, wonderful, excellent! xD I'm so glad you could find her while you're still here.

As for me, well...the Cleobel mojo was strong this week!

First off, I hatched a shiny venipede from an egg that had been sitting in my PC for five years. XDDD Which was utterly hilarious, and is totally the kind of thing I would do. She has Speed Boost, but for some reason has a random nature, unlike the millions of Jolly-natured venipede I hatched prior. So not sure what happened there. Also, all her IVs are perfect...except attack. Oops. xD Anyway, she's still beautiful. I named her Merlot.

(Sorry for all the weird glare in the photos)

Spoiler:

Next, I shiny-hunted in a friend safari for a potential shiny druddigon, dragonair or fraxure. I was happy with any of them, but secretly hoped I got a shiny druddigon...AND I DID! As well as that, Cleobel was kind enough to trade me a ralts with an adamant nature and synchronize, which gave my druddigon an adamant nature. In addition to that, her two perfect IVs are Attack and Defence! I'm pretty darn happy with her! I named her Sawtooth. :D

Spoiler:

Thank you, Cleobel! I wouldn't have gotten these without you. :D

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

6. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Amazing!

8. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii @Suicune's Fire @Arrow-Jolteon Thank you very much! :)

Once again, congratulations on your shinies, Xanthe! :D I'm so glad you found two shinies during our time together. They are beautiful, wonderful and excellent. xD Also, I love their names! :)

And since you find that sentence hilarious... I hope that Xanthe will be more organised in the future instead of leaving eggs unhatched for 5 years. xD

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Hello everybody! I am writing this post because I found a new shiny today (July 30) at 6:31 PM (Melbourne time).

I was shiny hunting Combee in Black 2 and White 2 (Lostlorn Forest + Repel Trick at level 24 + male Pokemon with Cute Charm in front of the party because I wanted a female shiny Combee) during my stay in Melbourne while watching a video of the French Youtuber Maître Armand, when I found a female shiny Combee in Black 2 after 3742 encounters (the amount of Pokemon seen is actually a bit more than that because I shiny hunted in the dark grass, the Trainer Card counted the encounters for me, and it counts a double encounter as one encounter)! I am so glad I found my target during my trip to Australia. Catching her was easy because my Skitty made her fall asleep and she stayed in the first (and only) Repeat Ball I threw. She has already evolved into a beautiful shiny Vespiquen. Her nature is Lonely. I named her Victoria for several reasons : Vespiquen is a queen and therefore deserves a royal name, finding a female shiny Combee is a huge victory for me, and I am currently in the Australian state called Victoria. :)

Here are some pictures of Victoria the shiny Vespiquen :

And here is the link to the video.
    @Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Caunadan @Chakramaster @Chibi Altaria @Desolate Divine @Kaoru @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire
    Very nice job there Cleobel! Yeah it's pretty rare to see a female Combee. So that only ups the value and luck you had. Very nice job on the find! Congrats! Good luck on your next hunt too!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

12. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Ooh congrats on those shinies Xanthe!!
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Very nice job there Cleobel! Yeah it's pretty rare to see a female Combee. So that only ups the value and luck you had. Very nice job on the find! Congrats! Good luck on your next hunt too!
    Thank you very much, Chakra! :)

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @Noblejanobii @Suicune's Fire @Arrow-Jolteon Thank you very much! :)

Once again, congratulations on your shinies, Xanthe! :D I'm so glad you found two shinies during our time together. They are beautiful, wonderful and excellent. xD Also, I love their names! :)

And since you find that sentence hilarious... I hope that Xanthe will be more organised in the future instead of leaving eggs unhatched for 5 years. xD
    Thank you! Yes, it was good fun. :) Ahahaha. xD

Lol! I also hope that I will be more organised. XD Thank you for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Ooh congrats on those shinies Xanthe!!
    Thanks girl! :D

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

16. This post has been liked by:

Head of the PXR Lillie Fan Club The Foogle's Avatar
    oh my friccin god i'm shiny hunting for chimchar/turtwig in platinum but i'm like THIS close to giving up cuz i'm at 2,500 sr's and no shiny

what do i do