Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Agghh so I got into a wreck this morning. Dinged a parked car while trying to pull into a spot. Not bad but still anxiety inducing. Called mom because the insurance card in the card was expired. TLDR, the other person filed a claim which is not what my mom wanted to happen. Me, knowing nothing of how insurance works since it's never been explained to me, didn't realize what mom was suggesting was NOT filing a claim. And even if I did, by the time I got our insurance agent's number, the other person had already called their insurance and was on the phone was our insurance, so I don't know if I could have stopped her. Either way, mom is very mad. She's been kinda mad the past few days because of things like me texting my friends good night or because I said my most recent test was harder than the last one, but not this mad in a while.

And to think just a few hours I was counting my lucky stars she hadn't been mad in a while.
    Aww noooo! I hope this all works out, one way or another. And ugh, of course your mom is mad. >.< It's not like you did it on purpose or anything. Really hope this all ends up turning out okay.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Aww noooo! I hope this all works out, one way or another. And ugh, of course your mom is mad. >.< It's not like you did it on purpose or anything. Really hope this all ends up turning out okay.
    Ye we're thinking the damages are like $700-$800 for the other person's car and $500 for our car. OI vey these machines are expensive. I think she's also mad because like we just got it out of the repair shop for several other things recently so she's mad we'll be down a vehicle again. Or something. I don't know. She's just angry there's no telling. She yelled at me all day yesterday and the fact that my test grade today was a 71 made her even angrier so that's fun.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Ye we're thinking the damages are like $700-$800 for the other person's car and $500 for our car. OI vey these machines are expensive. I think she's also mad because like we just got it out of the repair shop for several other things recently so she's mad we'll be down a vehicle again. Or something. I don't know. She's just angry there's no telling. She yelled at me all day yesterday and the fact that my test grade today was a 71 made her even angrier so that's fun.

Let's face it, your mom's default emotion is "mindlessly furious" all the time.

Administrator

Agghh so I got into a wreck this morning. Dinged a parked car while trying to pull into a spot. Not bad but still anxiety inducing. Called mom because the insurance card in the card was expired. TLDR, the other person filed a claim which is not what my mom wanted to happen. Me, knowing nothing of how insurance works since it's never been explained to me, didn't realize what mom was suggesting was NOT filing a claim. And even if I did, by the time I got our insurance agent's number, the other person had already called their insurance and was on the phone was our insurance, so I don't know if I could have stopped her. Either way, mom is very mad. She's been kinda mad the past few days because of things like me texting my friends good night or because I said my most recent test was harder than the last one, but not this mad in a while.

And to think just a few hours I was counting my lucky stars she hadn't been mad in a while.
    Still that's awful. I'm always super worried about hitting another too. Another reason why it took me way longer than normal people to get my license. Sorry to hear this and just how much it's gonna cost too. I mean I can understand your mom's frustration in it, but it doesn't make things better by her yelling at you or being upset. Heck if anything it just makes your anxiety rise even higher while your stress is raised higher than it should be.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Ugh, that's awful. But I agree with the others that anger and blaming is just making things worse, not better. You'd think that would be easy for people to understand.. DX

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Ugh, that's awful. But I agree with the others that anger and blaming is just making things worse, not better. You'd think that would be easy for people to understand.. DX
    Yeah my parents tend to go "blame first and never figure out the truth". Dad sometimes can be reasonable but Mom rarely is. It's just always your fault even if it really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Still that's awful. I'm always super worried about hitting another too. Another reason why it took me way longer than normal people to get my license. Sorry to hear this and just how much it's gonna cost too. I mean I can understand your mom's frustration in it, but it doesn't make things better by her yelling at you or being upset. Heck if anything it just makes your anxiety rise even higher while your stress is raised higher than it should be.
    Yeah my parents like to backseat drive and my dad decided to take today to lecture me about how I drive too fast all the time (I drive the speed limit unless I'm on the highway) and how that's probably the cause since if you're driving slow you can see if you're about to hit a car. I called his BS saying I had done this several times before hand and that I was driving slow and that it did look to me like I had cleared it. But he said I was lying because of course he does. It doesn't help this is my second wreck either and he's still convinced last time was due to me texting even though my phone was in my purse the whole time but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

Let's face it, your mom's default emotion is "mindlessly furious" all the time.
    I saw Inside Out for the first time flying home from Spain and had the same thought.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah my parents tend to go "blame first and never figure out the truth". Dad sometimes can be reasonable but Mom rarely is. It's just always your fault even if it really isn't.

Yeah my parents like to backseat drive and my dad decided to take today to lecture me about how I drive too fast all the time (I drive the speed limit unless I'm on the highway) and how that's probably the cause since if you're driving slow you can see if you're about to hit a car. I called his BS saying I had done this several times before hand and that I was driving slow and that it did look to me like I had cleared it. But he said I was lying because of course he does. It doesn't help this is my second wreck either and he's still convinced last time was due to me texting even though my phone was in my purse the whole time but whatever.

I saw Inside Out for the first time flying home from Spain and had the same thought.
    This wasn't even a driving-related incident, this was by parking (and this kind of thing happens all the time, no less). Still, your parents seem to not only scratch the "innocent until proven guilty" state, they go beyond "guilty until proven innocent" and take it to the state of "guilty just because I said so!" And then they make up a story about it and call you the liar. This isn't even a wreck, it's just a bit of damage. No one was hurt. It's not like either car was totaled as a result. Forget it, though, you could have accidentally run over a flea and your parents would be screaming murder.

Really, don't waste time trying to appease them. Their expectations are impossible to satisfy from the sound of things. You know the truth, and if all they're doing is scapegoating you, don't take it to heart. That's them being out of touch with reality and being without reason. Tell yourself if they couldn't prove it in a court of law, then it might as well be a lame joke. "Oh sure, it's my fault it's raining. Yeah, totally intended for that this morning with my special weather-controlling superpowers." "Oh, the ATM at the bank wasn't working? Heh, my bad, that was my alter-ego spirit animal sabotaging it in the middle of the night just for funsies." "Road work being done on the way home? Yeah, sorry, a few hours ago I was trying to help the Power Rangers battle a dragon and the collateral damage was more than intended. Heh, silly us. Don't worry, we got him so hopefully it won't happen again. Hopefully."

Really, at this point, might as well just have fun with it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    This wasn't even a driving-related incident, this was by parking (and this kind of thing happens all the time, no less). Still, your parents seem to not only scratch the "innocent until proven guilty" state, they go beyond "guilty until proven innocent" and take it to the state of "guilty just because I said so!" And then they make up a story about it and call you the liar. This isn't even a wreck, it's just a bit of damage. No one was hurt. It's not like either car was totaled as a result. Forget it, though, you could have accidentally run over a flea and your parents would be screaming murder.

Really, don't waste time trying to appease them. Their expectations are impossible to satisfy from the sound of things. You know the truth, and if all they're doing is scapegoating you, don't take it to heart. That's them being out of touch with reality and being without reason. Tell yourself if they couldn't prove it in a court of law, then it might as well be a lame joke. "Oh sure, it's my fault it's raining. Yeah, totally intended for that this morning with my special weather-controlling superpowers." "Oh, the ATM at the bank wasn't working? Heh, my bad, that was my alter-ego spirit animal sabotaging it in the middle of the night just for funsies." "Road work being done on the way home? Yeah, sorry, a few hours ago I was trying to help the Power Rangers battle a dragon and the collateral damage was more than intended. Heh, silly us. Don't worry, we got him so hopefully it won't happen again. Hopefully."

Really, at this point, might as well just have fun with it.
    Yeah I'm trying to keep positive about it which would be easier if they weren't now cracking jokes about it at my expense. Either way, I just have to work on being less anxious while driving until the shock of the whole event wears off. I can't just not drive so hopefully by playing music I can ease myself to not be so anxious and worried while driving.
    / / / / / / / /

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I can't blame you for being anxious when driving, I think that's pretty normal, especially when you have additional people stressing you out. :( How long have you been driving for @Noblejanobii? I know it took me a good many years before I felt fully relaxed when driving. And I still hate going to certain places or driving on certain roads. xD Shopping centre carparks are definitely one of those places. I always park as far away from everyone as possible even if it means walking a fair way haha. And I still refuse to drive near the city. XD
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I can't blame you for being anxious when driving, I think that's pretty normal, especially when you have additional people stressing you out. :( How long have you been driving for @Noblejanobii? I know it took me a good many years before I felt fully relaxed when driving. And I still hate going to certain places or driving on certain roads. xD Shopping centre carparks are definitely one of those places. I always park as far away from everyone as possible even if it means walking a fair way haha. And I still refuse to drive near the city. XD
    I’ll have had my full license for four years this coming August, but counting the learner’s permit it’s about six. But since I don’t have a car on campus i don’t usually drive during the school year all the much. This isn’t the first accident I’ve been involved in. I believe it’s my third or fourth since I got my learner’s permit six years ago (not all of which were my fault). People are just very bad drivers around here which makes it very stress inducing. The amount of times I’ve been nearly T-boned because someone didn’t use their blinker, ran a red, or did use their blinker but then decided to go straight instead is ridiculous.
    / / / / / / / /