Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I’ll have had my full license for four years this coming August, but counting the learner’s permit it’s about six. But since I don’t have a car on campus i don’t usually drive during the school year all the much. This isn’t the first accident I’ve been involved in. I believe it’s my third or fourth since I got my learner’s permit six years ago (not all of which were my fault). People are just very bad drivers around here which makes it very stress inducing. The amount of times I’ve been nearly T-boned because someone didn’t use their blinker, ran a red, or did use their blinker but then decided to go straight instead is ridiculous.
    Yeah, that's not that long especially if you don't drive much during school. It sounds really scary to be driving near where you are if people are that horrible at it. x_x I'm sure you'll get more confident once you drive more often though. :) Hopefully your parents will forget about it and stop bugging you soon!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah, that's not that long especially if you don't drive much during school. It sounds really scary to be driving near where you are if people are that horrible at it. x_x I'm sure you'll get more confident once you drive more often though. :) Hopefully your parents will forget about it and stop bugging you soon!
    Yeah accidents are very frequent around here unfortunately and since I'm not an excellent driver myself I always get worried that I'll merge into someone or something because it's nearly happened in the past. But hopefully the anxiety will wear off soon. I'm going to be driving the rest of the summer and don't need to be anxious while doing it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Welp. It's official. Sally is getting her friends to harass me. I got an angry review (on fanfiction.net, which I still need to delete my stories from) on my MLP story whining about how I "blocked their friend." The account wasn't brand new, which was a surprise. The only person I can think of that I blocked (that would actually bother to get mad about it) is Sally. So this must be one of her followers. I thought I was free but no.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Welp. It's official. Sally is getting her friends to harass me. I got an angry review (on fanfiction.net, which I still need to delete my stories from) on my MLP story whining about how I "blocked their friend." The account wasn't brand new, which was a surprise. The only person I can think of that I blocked (that would actually bother to get mad about it) is Sally. So this must be one of her followers. I thought I was free but no.
    If you're really thinking of deleting your fanfiction.net story anyway, STOP. Don't. That will make them feel like they've won and have successfully broken you. You don't want that because then they'll try those shenanigans on someone else.

Save a second copy of your MLP story and let this be your "experimental" version (let your first copy be the real thing that you're posting elsewhere). On the story on fanfiction.net, let this be the "experimental" version and write Sally and her deranged friends into the story as grotesque, horrid abominations of evil and malice. Have your protagonists utterly pulverize them in hilarious and amusing ways, such as Twilight Sparkle turning one of them into FDA-rejected sausages before flushing those down the toilet, or say Applejack turns them into frogs and sells them to a restaurant in France. Make the storyline renditions of Sally and her horde say and do the same stupid things they're telling you to do, but as if their IQ got square-rooted and have banana peels for brains. The more they harass you, the more grotesque and humiliated they get in the "experimental" version of the story itself. Have a ball with it.

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    If you're really thinking of deleting your fanfiction.net story anyway, STOP. Don't. That will make them feel like they've won and have successfully broken you. You don't want that because then they'll try those shenanigans on someone else.

Save a second copy of your MLP story and let this be your "experimental" version (let your first copy be the real thing that you're posting elsewhere). On the story on fanfiction.net, let this be the "experimental" version and write Sally and her deranged friends into the story as grotesque, horrid abominations of evil and malice. Have your protagonists utterly pulverize them in hilarious and amusing ways, such as Twilight Sparkle turning one of them into FDA-rejected sausages before flushing those down the toilet, or say Applejack turns them into frogs and sells them to a restaurant in France. Make the storyline renditions of Sally and her horde say and do the same stupid things they're telling you to do, but as if their IQ got square-rooted and have banana peels for brains. The more they harass you, the more grotesque and humiliated they get in the "experimental" version of the story itself. Have a ball with it.
    OMG that is amazing. And yeah, I've been thinking about it and kinda don't want to delete my stories anymore because that's what they want. I'm not updating there for now though so I guess I'll leave the site alone for a while and just take a break from it.

And haha, while that would be hilarious, I don't think these people actually read my stories. I know Sally doesn't. She just skimmed one of my older stories for violent parts and then got mad because there was a violent part. (I have, however, toyed with the idea of making a parody of that story (the one from 2012 that Sally hates) and just making it ridiculously over the top edgy/violent in ways that make no sense whatsoever. I wonder if they would try reading that, haha.)

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    OMG that is amazing. And yeah, I've been thinking about it and kinda don't want to delete my stories anymore because that's what they want. I'm not updating there for now though so I guess I'll leave the site alone for a while and just take a break from it.

And haha, while that would be hilarious, I don't think these people actually read my stories. I know Sally doesn't. She just skimmed one of my older stories for violent parts and then got mad because there was a violent part. (I have, however, toyed with the idea of making a parody of that story (the one from 2012 that Sally hates) and just making it ridiculously over the top edgy/violent in ways that make no sense whatsoever. I wonder if they would try reading that, haha.)
    Yeah, but either way, don't delete it. You really only lose and gain nothing out of that outcome if you do that.

And ah, it would be mainly for your pleasure! If they read it, all the better, but it would be mainly for your satisfaction! And hey, that parody version sounds like a pretty good idea, also! It can be so edgy that everyone is out to be the most evil, violent, and twisted ruler of all! Have all of them conjure up dark and macabre armies of madness out of nowhere just for anarchy's sake like a twisted version of the Warhammer 40K universe mixed with Lovecraftian horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, but either way, don't delete it. You really only lose and gain nothing out of that outcome if you do that.

And ah, it would be mainly for your pleasure! If they read it, all the better, but it would be mainly for your satisfaction! And hey, that parody version sounds like a pretty good idea, also! It can be so edgy that everyone is out to be the most evil, violent, and twisted ruler of all! Have all of them conjure up dark and macabre armies of madness out of nowhere just for anarchy's sake like a twisted version of the Warhammer 40K universe mixed with Lovecraftian horror.
    True, and I won't delete it!

Ahahaha, yes! Just everyone is this over-the-top evil person and the story just descends into madness. XD

my parents have completely stopped talking to me b/c i'm quitting my job after one training day b/c of the mental strain and hell it puts through b/c i'm not suited for retail and especially not a supervisor position in a retail store that has a super super super high theft rate. heck the day i trained someone stole something right in front of us and we can't do anything about it other than just watch them walk away for safety reason. i just wish my parents would understand that i feel bad enough about everything already with my loans and medical bills and i honestly wish i could just run away from home and not tell anyone. somehow they always flip it back on me and pin it like i blamed them for everything like yesterday my mom was like 'no one told you to apply' and all i said to her was 'you sent me the application link' to which she immediately took personally and thought i meant that i was blaming her for me applying to the job which isnt true at all?? and now she's like i'm not talking to you b/c you'll just blame me for whatever happens uwu.

i'm such a cry baby and i've been crying all day b/c im such an anxious person and i feel bad enough already that i have to call tomorrow and pretty much tell them that i'm too stupid and mentally ill to work at a retail position. i've been applying to jobs all day but no ones gonna hire me b/c my degree is virtually useless and i can't handle any more school either or i will mentally implode. i just really wish i wouldve gone to school for art but ig i like to ruin everything for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post
    my parents have completely stopped talking to me b/c i'm quitting my job after one training day b/c of the mental strain and hell it puts through b/c i'm not suited for retail and especially not a supervisor position in a retail store that has a super super super high theft rate. heck the day i trained someone stole something right in front of us and we can't do anything about it other than just watch them walk away for safety reason. i just wish my parents would understand that i feel bad enough about everything already with my loans and medical bills and i honestly wish i could just run away from home and not tell anyone. somehow they always flip it back on me and pin it like i blamed them for everything like yesterday my mom was like 'no one told you to apply' and all i said to her was 'you sent me the application link' to which she immediately took personally and thought i meant that i was blaming her for me applying to the job which isnt true at all?? and now she's like i'm not talking to you b/c you'll just blame me for whatever happens uwu.

i'm such a cry baby and i've been crying all day b/c im such an anxious person and i feel bad enough already that i have to call tomorrow and pretty much tell them that i'm too stupid and mentally ill to work at a retail position. i've been applying to jobs all day but no ones gonna hire me b/c my degree is virtually useless and i can't handle any more school either or i will mentally implode. i just really wish i wouldve gone to school for art but ig i like to ruin everything for myself.
    Yikes, retail is never fun, especially high theft rate locations. Honestly, I wouldn't blame you in quitting - retail is pretty stressful, and oftentimes there's really not much you can do to affect the store around you in a meaningful way. Not being cut out for retail doesn't mean you're stupid, though. Personalities don't represent intelligence, and considering that you got through school means that you have some real brain matter in the noggin.

I'm sort of in the same position you are, where my degree honestly isn't the best for actual employment and I'd rather not go back to school because I sorta hated myself at college. Yet having that degree shows that you have the guts to keep striving forward. So I've been applying for jobs and it can be disheartening! But don't think that just because you have a "virtually useless degree" means that you're unhire-able. Simply having that degree shows employers that you got what it takes to persevere no matter what.

Remember, you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post

That's tough, roo. =/ Your parents seem like high schoolers, honestly, not talking to you like that. It's so immature. They should be supportive of your decision. And yeah, I'm unemployed at the moment and there's no way I'd go for a manager position for the same reason! I had to check bags at my old work and it was extremely uncomfortable and would get yelled at frequently. That kind of stuff is really stressful and it honestly sounds like your mum has absolutely no idea what it's like to work retail.

Stand your ground and stay strong. You're entitled to feel safe in your work (and home) environment and anyone who thinks otherwise has a completely invalid view. Like HorusMyDude said, you're not alone. All you can do is try your best and you'll eventually come across something. I believe in you! Take care of yourself first. <3

12. This post has been liked by: