Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'm so glad you got your piplup back, Noble! I have one too (but it's a build a bear one) and I would hate to lose it. D:

Also, short rant.

So, I posted a new story for a fandom I've never written for, and unlike my other stories, it's an Alternate Universe (I've never done that before either) and a person commented questioning the premise of it and how my story differs from the actual show and WHY...like it didn't make sense. I'm kind of freaking out trying to come up with a way to explain myself and now I'm kind of worried it just doesn't make sense. x_x

I just...hate this. I hate having to defend myself. I'm worried the person will question me further and I don't really have a lot to say in my defense because I am going against the show's canon. I just don't want a debate I just want to share stories aaaaaaaahh.
    Thanks! I’ve been sleeping a lot better since I got it back too.

Look it’s xalled fan fiction or a fan comic for a reason. I can refer you to some other comic authors via discord if you want to talk to them but trust me people are gonna hate on your thing no matter what. Just do what you want and don’t listen to them.

There’s a popular SU fancomic calles Fault Lines that ignores a large part of the SU canon because it would mess with their story, so they state up front that they don’t follow the show’s canon a lot and to not read it if you don’t like that.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Same...I mean, I'm not going to change the premise (which would change...pretty much everything about the story). I'm going to try to explain my reasoning for the changes (just in simple terms, not some big long thing) and if they try to argue, I just won't respond again I guess. But yeah, the whole thing is basically I'm changing everything that happened with my favorite character (I don't like where canon went with him), and the person is asking why and why I don't have him live with his own kind off in some far-off land instead of where the main characters are and I just have to figure out how to explain what I mean in a way that makes sense.
    Yeah that’s the sad thing. Too many people critize on things people make for fun. It’s not something meant to be serious and try to match what we all love. Instead, we make it be-CAUSE we love it and just want to be creative. It doesn’t HAVE to make sense. It’s what makes creativity more creative. You really don’t know what to expect. Don’t listen to those that have nothing to say, but hate and nothing else but questions as to “why.” It’s not what we make things like that for. They should know this, but they still intend on tying to downplay that.

Seriously, I know it’s hard to listen to things just like “oh, don’t listen to them,” but sometimes it’s all we really can say to help us get through harsh criticism others should give anyway. BE creative. It’s what makes us go beyond and outside the realms of expectation.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Thanks! I’ve been sleeping a lot better since I got it back too.

Look it’s xalled fan fiction or a fan comic for a reason. I can refer you to some other comic authors via discord if you want to talk to them but trust me people are gonna hate on your thing no matter what. Just do what you want and don’t listen to them.

There’s a popular SU fancomic calles Fault Lines that ignores a large part of the SU canon because it would mess with their story, so they state up front that they don’t follow the show’s canon a lot and to not read it if you don’t like that.
    Yeah, that is definitely good they found it!

And okay, sure!

And yeah, I stated up front what the changes were and people still questioned it. But I'm going to just do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah that’s the sad thing. Too many people critize on things people make for fun. It’s not something meant to be serious and try to match what we all love. Instead, we make it be-CAUSE we love it and just want to be creative. It doesn’t HAVE to make sense. It’s what makes creativity more creative. You really don’t know what to expect. Don’t listen to those that have nothing to say, but hate and nothing else but questions as to “why.” It’s not what we make things like that for. They should know this, but they still intend on tying to downplay that.

Seriously, I know it’s hard to listen to things just like “oh, don’t listen to them,” but sometimes it’s all we really can say to help us get through harsh criticism others should give anyway. BE creative. It’s what makes us go beyond and outside the realms of expectation.
    Yeah, exactly! And NO ONE in the fandom has made this type of AU. That's why I posted it - I thought maybe there would be other fans of the character that would like my version.

But yeah, I'm going to try to get past this and keep writing the story the way I want it. Because the way they think things "should be" with this character is really boring to me anyway. Like, apparently he should live with his "own kind" who were horrible and treated him like crap his whole life, because he's the same species. No. Not in my story.

I unintentionally hurt someone very special and important to me. I’m devastated. I just wish I could go back in time and make things better but at this point I don’t think they want anything to do with me.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by awney View Post
    I unintentionally hurt someone very special and important to me. I’m devastated. I just wish I could go back in time and make things better but at this point I don’t think they want anything to do with me.
    Oof yeah moments like these are always really hard. I think it might be best to give this person some space for the time being if that’s what they want, but definitely make it clear you didn’t intend to hurt them. If things are meant to be it’ll work out.
    / / / / / / / /

Oof. I have experience with pretty much that. I'm really sorry to hear. :( It's truly awful. I really hope they're willing to make up with you and know how sorry you are. I agree that time and space will help, especially if it's what they want.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I think you should try to contact them and apologize. Obviously, I don't know this person or what happened, but I know that I'd be willing to talk to someone who hurt me if they were genuinely sorry and wanted to make things right. If they still refuse to talk to you, then at least you'll know, and at least you'll have told them that you were sorry and wanted to fix things. I hope it turns out well for you. I think most people would understand if you gave them a genuine apology and were willing to change your behavior and make things right.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sometimes I forget my parents are homophobes. I always get whiplash when they make homophobic comments.

Also the house keeper broke one of my necklaces and threw/stole the precious stones inside as well as possibly my computer charger.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 04-11-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Sometimes I forget my parents are homophobes. I always get whiplash when they make homophobic comments.

Also the house keeper broke one of my necklaces and threw/stole the precious stones inside as well as possibly my computer charger.
    :( Thaaaat sucks. I used to get the same thing. My parents have smartened up now, but they used to make offhanded comments like that.

W H A T. WHAT?!?!? WHAT!?!?!?!??!? That's insane! What the hell! D: What! Is there anything you can do about it?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    :( Thaaaat sucks. I used to get the same thing. My parents have smartened up now, but they used to make offhanded comments like that.

W H A T. WHAT?!?!? WHAT!?!?!?!??!? That's insane! What the hell! D: What! Is there anything you can do about it?
    Well the thing is, I'm not out to them. They don't know. So to made a long story short, I got re-elected to student senate. And the committee I got put on this year is the Inclusion & Equity committee, whose purpose is to ensure everyone from all walks of life feels welcome and is treated fairly on campus. It's a really cool committee that, for example, during the height of the Muslim Travel Ban in the US started a still running program called "Meet Your Muslim Neighbor" where the Muslim Student Association on campus twice a month hands out donuts around campus and lets people come talk and meet with Muslim students. However, it is also colloquially known as the Gay Committee by people who don't support it. They see it as just a committee that is for gay people by gay people, which is actually quite far from the truth. Well, when my parents found out I was part of this committee, they were so angry. I'll spar you the whole conversation but they were accusing me of being gay like it was a bad thing and saying that this is why no one wants to date me and that I was being unjustly punished. My dad, one of the nicest men I know and my role model for years, even cracked a joke saying I should have an event that welcomes gays... into a church. Except he did not use the word gay. He used something much more derogatory. And hearing that come out of his mouth gave me whiplash. And it's especially hard because I actually really want to be a part of this committee since part of my re-election campaign was to make people feel welcome and equal on campus, no matter what. So to hear the, be so mad about it, especially since I'm gay, hurts.

Nope. Not a thing. The charger seems to be working fine for now and I ordered a new one to get here sometime next week just to be safe. But the necklace is just gone. I kept the string it was on since she left that part of the necklace (nothing else), and since it was a custom style necklace I'm going to try and make a new one. But it's heartbreaking because that necklace was a gift. And, quite candidly, I'd feel guilty if she got fired over it even if she's breaking my things. I can afford to get new ones, but since I don't know her financial situation, I don't want to cause her to lose her house or something.
    / / / / / / / /