Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    She just seems mad all the time, so don't take it personally. You know deep in your heart you're trying the best you can without burning out and that's all anyone can ask out of you. But it seems like she's never been able to understand that.
    Yeah I’ve been trying to let this stuff roll off my back but I’ve never seen her this mad before. My dad’s so understanding about it and trying to be encouraging but my mom is just going off the deep end. It’s hard.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I’ve been trying to let this stuff roll off my back but I’ve never seen her this mad before. My dad’s so understanding about it and trying to be encouraging but my mom is just going off the deep end. It’s hard.
    I want to say "just let her do her thing," it in cases like this. Watch her carefully and be there for her. A friend of mine has their mom that has had attacks like that where she goes off the deep end and ended up having some brain issues. Be sure to make sure she's okay and if she acts any more odd to take her to the doctor. By odd I mean out of the norm. We all know how she can be from what you've said, but yeah it's just a bit insane still. One can only do so much and no one is perfect.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, I agree with Chakra.

This kind of relentless anger will have physical medical issues on her if it keeps going on like this. It's definitely not normal for someone to be just so livid every day of their lives over every little thing. That has to be intermittent explosive disorder or something along those lines.

Maybe she needs medication or something along those lines, but if it goes unchecked, that kind of thing can lead to high blood pressure, depression, strokes, and heart attacks.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ah yeah idk if I mentioned it here. Mom got diagnosed with MS back in January. Parents hid it from me until I got back from study abroad but essentially it makes her more prone to fits of anger. The medication she's taking is SUPPOSED to help with that. But I don't think it really does. I've been dealing with this for 21 years and I'm just kinda tired of always being at fault for everything.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Ah yeah idk if I mentioned it here. Mom got diagnosed with MS back in January. Parents hid it from me until I got back from study abroad but essentially it makes her more prone to fits of anger. The medication she's taking is SUPPOSED to help with that. But I don't think it really does. I've been dealing with this for 21 years and I'm just kinda tired of always being at fault for everything.
    Yeah, so don't take her anger personally. It's not you, even though when she's directing the anger at you, sometimes it might feel that way. It's just this condition she needs to fight.

I know it's hard and unpleasant to deal with, but don't let it drag you down. We all know you're an awesome person and you're not the one responsible for what's been going on with her.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah, so don't take her anger personally. It's not you, even though when she's directing the anger at you, sometimes it might feel that way. It's just this condition she needs to fight.

I know it's hard and unpleasant to deal with, but don't let it drag you down. We all know you're an awesome person and you're not the one responsible for what's been going on with her.
    That's the thing though, it's a lot easier said than done especially when she's been like this for as long as I can remember, which is twenty years long than she's had this MS diagnosis. It can't just be the disease and it can't just be work because she's been like this since before either of those factors. And dad's said she wasn't always like this so the only common factor is me.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

That's the thing though, it's a lot easier said than done especially when she's been like this for as long as I can remember, which is twenty years long than she's had this MS diagnosis. It can't just be the disease and it can't just be work because she's been like this since before either of those factors. And dad's said she wasn't always like this so the only common factor is me.
    Yeah, but the things that she's been screaming at you for are such minor little things. Do you know how many exams I've gotten a failing grade on? Quite a few. Did I still graduate college and grad school? Sure did! Can you bounce back after failure and screwing up? Absolutely. If you studied as hard as you could without going berserk, then you shouldn't be ashamed. You get off the ground, dust yourself off, and head back in to have another go at it. Or take another path and find a different way to get success.

Also, the kinds of things she's screaming at you for aren't solved by screaming. Her behavior sounds like someone buying a lottery ticket, finding out they didn't win, and screaming at everyone and everything just because of that. No one is perfect and what someone considers "perfect" is totally flawed to someone else.

From where I'm sitting, it sounds like the real, core problem is she focuses more on the problems and the failures instead of the positives and successes you've accomplished. When was the last time she complimented something you did or congratulated you for doing well?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah, but the things that she's been screaming at you for are such minor little things. Do you know how many exams I've gotten a failing grade on? Quite a few. Did I still graduate college and grad school? Sure did! Can you bounce back after failure and screwing up? Absolutely. If you studied as hard as you could without going berserk, then you shouldn't be ashamed. You get off the ground, dust yourself off, and head back in to have another go at it. Or take another path and find a different way to get success.

Also, the kinds of things she's screaming at you for aren't solved by screaming. Her behavior sounds like someone buying a lottery ticket, finding out they didn't win, and screaming at everyone and everything just because of that. No one is perfect and what someone considers "perfect" is totally flawed to someone else.

From where I'm sitting, it sounds like the real, core problem is she focuses more on the problems and the failures instead of the positives and successes you've accomplished. When was the last time she complimented something you did or congratulated you for doing well?
    The irony in that lotto analogy because when she found out she hadn't won the lottery even though she bought a ticket from the store that actually won she was sooooo mad.

Umm... the last time I can recall was when she found out I got a couple commissions back in June, but she later yelled at me for not getting any more so. ^^; Other than that maybe some minor stuff like thanking me for bringing in the trash or carrying stuff in from the car.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

The irony in that lotto analogy because when she found out she hadn't won the lottery even though she bought a ticket from the store that actually won she was sooooo mad.

Umm... the last time I can recall was when she found out I got a couple commissions back in June, but she later yelled at me for not getting any more so. ^^; Other than that maybe some minor stuff like thanking me for bringing in the trash or carrying stuff in from the car.
    I actually discerned that...!? Okay, from now on, I really am listening to my psychic powers. But yeah, that's bloody crazy. I mean, I can get the tinge of frustration, but yeah, screaming about it doesn't help. You just gotta move on.

Well, at least she's not a complete monster, but really. She needs to chill out.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Okay, this isn't exactly 'terrible' but it's another result of the weirdest online crusade anyone's ever led against me (and also like, the only one, but still). I got another stupid mocking guest review on my old story from 2012, ranting about the same exact thing 'Sally' and her followers have ranted to me about for frigging years. All these stupid reviews can be summed up as "Your ten-year-old main character didn't let the villains die so this story is stupid and u suck, racingwolf." I just have nowhere to rant about this and I have to get it out. Just like...why is this the hill they need to die on? Why is Sally, who is in her mid-thirties, concerned about something I wrote in 2012 being "worse" than her stories? Like I'm much younger than her and also the story's old. Seriously. And why the fascination with ten-year-olds deciding to let someone die? Science pls explain I'm so confused.